Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Virtue, Forever Fickle [Lion]

Started by AevumEternity, November 18, 2016, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Though she was disappointed by his lack of telling his own story, the tale he weaved was nonetheless interesting. Hakon crossed her legs, placing her hands in her lap and gazes up at him with wrapt interest as he speaks. By then the fire had truly begun to roar and spit qith life~ as if trying to escape the prison of ts hearth.

Upon finishing the story, she blinked and shifted,".. I believe that is the tale of one our patron Saints, yes?" She asked quietly, growing cautious- she had little knowledge in the way of their religion- though praying to Ansgar was a daily occurence for her- especially in times of war.

Lion

"That is the tale of Saint Agatha, the Saint whose order in which I belong. But she is one of many saints yes," Mercuxio murmured. "Why does my life interest you so? I'm not any different from other sons that have had falling outs with their fathers. But I can see the disappointment riddled in your eyes."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

AevumEternity

Reaching back, beginning to meticulously slide her hair from the messy braid that fell down her back," I am unsure," she admits quietly, relaxing considerably as the facade of wealth began to slowly fall away," I think, Mercuxio, it's because you are the only individual in the charade that seems to realize there is a real world- that blades aren't just toys, horses aren't just pleasureable transportation- you interest me, but I understand if you wish to remain mysterious,"

Looking up, her eyes flash orange in the firelight as she offers him a small smile," Maybe I believe priests need to have their own confessionals sometimes as well."

Lion

"Sometimes more than we would admit. I can't say I am without sin. I did have a glass of wine this evening before I was coerced into sparring with you.". He chuckled and looked to the fire then into her eyes, his gaze growing dark as if all the years passed could be encapsulated in a singular glance, the fear, the love, it's loss, and his anguish.

"I'm not accustomed to talking about myself. It's always the other way around.". He looked away and sighed.  "I'm sorry if I'm not very pleasant company."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

AevumEternity

She smiles gently, arching an eyeborw, standing slowly once she had shaken her hair free of the remnants of messy braid- with several light strides, she stands before him," Mercuxio-" she offers him her hands, palms facing him- the skin was littered in tiny white cuts and callouses, but managed to remain feminine.

"- You are the most entertainig and welcoming company I have received since coming to the Capital." She assures him gently, Hakon flashed another reassuring smile- tilting her head," Just keep in mind, if you ever feel the need to have words, nonsense even, come forth in a torrent. I will gladly settle down with you and listen." She chuckles lightly

Lion

"That's a comforting thought, thank you," he chuckled and gestured for her to sit beside him. "It's not easy to open up for me. Others might speak freely, but I was never raised on it. My father, if his reputation precedes him, is a very stoic man, unafraid to make his opinion known if necessary. However if it need not be said, it won't be."

He reached and gripped her shoulder strongly. "It's strange how well we get along so.  I just want you to know I do appreciate the sentiment truly."

He leaned back against the sofa, falling into silence.  He couldn't regale her of tales of his duty, of his oaths, those were to be buried with him.  As with the weight of every soul he ever took, or didn't take. With the way the war was going now, he didn't know how much longer he could last.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

AevumEternity

Though seeming vaguely surprised as he grasps her shoulder, but placed her own hand over his forearm in a gesture of companionship. Settling beside him after a momrnt, she leans back, allowing her to sink slightly into the give of the furniture. Pursing her lips softly, she could see a grimace beginning to form upon his face; speaking up, Hakon chided gently," Please, do not worry, my friend- and do not allow yourself to be troubled by such things here. Perhaps we should rest, you are more then welcome to stay the night here."

Pausing, she moved her hand to rest upon his shoulder, fingers lightly tapping out a deaf rhythm," You are likely the fastest friend I have made, admittedly- but I do not find that disagreeable in the slightest," another soft chuckle bubbled from her throat- a slight bob of her head seeming to compliment the sound.

Lion

Staying the night?  While he did not think her to be that kind of girl, he doubted it would be appropriate for their first meeting. For now, he would accept her hospitality. 

"I don't suppose you have anything to drink around this loft do you?" he asked.  He released his hand from her, and shifted toward the edge of the seat.  He cleared his throat and pressed his hands tiredly against his knees, was this... anxiety?

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

AevumEternity

While also retracting her hand, Hakon seemed rather oblivious as to what discomfort she may have paused, nodding slightly, gesturing briefly she would return as she stood moving toward the back of the room where the light found trouble breaching the darkness. After a moment, a soft glow of a candle wick falring to life penetrated the worst of it.

" I believed my advisors may have gone a little too far with the amount of rooms this place had-" as she spoke, the candle moved, resting upon a counter, the soft glow causing several pieces of glassware to catch the light ominously. The sound of liquid hitting the glass briefly interrupting her, but shortly after, she continued,"- But there is a guest room, it should be prepared as I have no touched it since arriving."

The candle moved again, this time accompanied by a small glass of amber-red liquid. The Lady offering the glass to him," I'' sure you're exhausted- I do apologize~"

Lion

Mercuxio couldn't understand his own discomfort in that moment, it wasn't like she asked him to sleep with her. And it wasn't in sharing a room with her specifically. It seemed more to do with sharing a space with anyone that he discovered he was having the most trouble with. For all those times spent in solitude, sharing seemed most foreign to him, and learning to let go all of the survival techniques he'd honed over time was harder than he thought at first.

He just watched her until she brought him the wine glass and and smiled, reaching for it and bowing his head in thanks. "Perhaps sleeping out here by the fire might be a good option," Mercuxio suggested, although he was immediately self-conscious at himself for saying it. "I mean....let's sit down closer to the fire...  I..."

He gestured to her drink.  "I noticed you didn't make anything for yourself. Do you not partake?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

AevumEternity

Blinking slowly, Hakon couldn't help but feel a twinge of amusement as his words began to slow and he seemed to struggle to find the correct phrasing of whateverhe meant to say. It made her feel better she was not the only one that did such things. At his question, she shrugged slightly, admitting," The alcohol they provided here is rather... Odd tasting, whenever I have some it seems to stay within my system longer then what it would back home. It effects me much more severely-" she runs a hand through her hair as she moves about the couch once more, settling upon the ragged yet still notable rub before the fire- looking toward the flames,"- I believed the ale we had was much stronger, but perhaps... There is difference in the production. I am quite unsure, but I used to pride myself in being quite tolerant before arriving," a light laugh bubbled from her lips as she seemed to motion, as if inviting him to join her where she settled on her knees. He had said moving closer to the fire~ or perhaps that was just a slip of his tongue.

Indeed, the liquid gave an unusually pungent scent, nearly sivkly sweet, in the light, a dim residue seemed to stain the glass where the alcohol topped out. For some reason, there was... A reason to find fear in this particular drought. Even though the Lady herself seemed tohold no suspicions other then what she had stated.

Lion

Right, moving closer to the fire. He had said that and finding that he was actually craving that warmth made him pull closer to the furnace as the flames danced around them.

"I can't say I'm fond of the stuff myself," he admitted.  There, a personal detail.  That one she could have for free. "But when I've had a long journey, an even longer day, I find myself craving it to help ease away the stress.  Stress seems to compound so much more easily when you travel.  More time to mull over unpleasantries," he found himself saying.

He took a sip of the wine, a deep one at that and brooded over it. He wondered why he didn't do this more often...  If he wanted to forget, he could do this more often...but he knew it just made him think deeper, get lost in his mind.  And that's what he was trying to avoid.  Mercuxio smiled and set the glass down between them.

"It's just that, it feels strange to be drinking here by myself. You do this to guests often?" he said, half-teasing.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

AevumEternity

Folding her legs comfortably beneath her, she rests her head upon her shoulder, flashing him a mocking smile," Oh? Did you just share a preference of yours with me? You must be breaking, Mercuxio-" she teases lightly, jabbing a finger at him as she winks,"- and as you can see, I am not the most eloquent social butterfly to grace our glorious capital."

Turning her gaze turns to the glass, noting the way the fire reflected from glass to alcohol to glass once more," Well, I am sure there are other ways to forget such stress," Hakon's lips pursed in thought, perhaps he also lost himself when in the midst of combat. Perhaps now was not the time to pursue personal philosophy- at least he seemed to be relaxing.

The effect of the drink seemed to be almost instantaneous, it was somewhat shocking how quickly the dullness managed to cling to the senses. But there was an unnaturally nauseating feeling to accompany the warm dullness, as if there wassomething within the drink not meant to be within a human body.

[*ques dramatic music* xD]

Lion

[She roofied him didn't she?]

Mercuxio set the glass down and crossed his legs at the ankles, pointing the heels of his boots towards the fire. He noticed how dirty they were and he felt the desire to take them off. Not because he was relaxed - which he could feel himself winding down - but because it'd be a shame to ruin the rug they were sitting on with his scruffy boots.

So he turned his ankle in toward him and reached down to shift them off, both leathers to the stockings around his feet and he shoved them aside, crossing his legs one over the other like a child.

"There are many ways to relieve stress," he murmured, gently, looking across to her now. "Alcohol being one of them. Meditation, physical exertion - of multiple kinds - " He found himself snickering. "I mean in sheer terms of ways to 'wind down' this is quite at the top of the list for me. Although, like I said, I don't favor drinking much.  But in moments like this, it's perfect."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

AevumEternity

[ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ]

Seeming rather pleased, Hakon shifted to lay on her side, cradling her head in one arm why the other lay across her stomach. Closing her eyes rather carelessly while shifting her feet to remove the flats upon her own feet," Then I may as well join you if you think so highly of it," she teases, hopping back to her feet.

It took mere moments to cross the room, locate the flask and another glass before returning quickly. Plopping down rather carelessly next to him, crossing her own legs as she poured herself some. Raising the glass, she held it out to him, musing," A toast, Father Mercuxio?" She snickers

[Nope, that would be hilarious though, nah- trying to subtly infer that the Alcohol held some toxins that if taken in particular  amounts would likely lead to alcohol poisoning- as in exponentially spike the acceleration toward such a fate or something similiar~ xP]

Lion

[No worries! It works for me!]

Mercuxio laughed at her toast and snorted a little, looking at her as if he could barely keep his head up straight.  "This does taste a little stronger than the wine they were serving at the manor, although that one was much I could stand either.  I'm actually glad you distracted me enough with that sparring session rather than me having to down that awful gluid...fluid," he mumbled.

"Toast," he murmured and raised his half-drunk glass to her. "To um... A toast to Virtue, Courage, and Will. And a toast to you, Lady Hakon, and your bravery to stand up to the belittled nobility. For they should only have the honor of being worthy of you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

AevumEternity

[Next time xP a Game o' Drugs- by Lion RR Martin]

Hakon couldn't help but grow concerned- he likely weighed much more then she did, but a single gulp of the drink had dragged him into intoxicating so quickly- nonetheless, she flashed a bright smile- cooing mockingly," Virtue? But that is so very fickle~" pausing she bowed her head theatrically to his praises, singing," and to you Lord-Father Mercuxio, for being the only man in this city to have the guile to see passed the gilded veil."

clicking her glass slightly with his, she tossed the glass back, downing nearly half before ducking her head to cough- shoulders heaving slightly before breaking into laughter.

Lion

"Then let's toast instead to life and the pursuit of happiness," he chuckled, downing the rest of his glass.  He coughed and held a hand to his chest to stave off a faint burning that rose it's way up from his belly

"This stuff is rather strong. Did your advisors say who provided the wine, or if it was changed out, ever?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

AevumEternity

She shook her head, grimacing herself as the contents of her stomach churned, instead of continuing to drink, she pushed the glass aside, eyeing the flash from which it originated," I believe... Not? Yes? I... Don't know," she shrugged carelessly, slowly sinking into a lying down position as she gazed at him through narrowed eyes.

"- think I'll have it poured out tomorrow morning~" yawning, her voice quavered slightly as she curled up comfortably upon the rug. Despite the turmoil in her belly, she was so ready to simply fade into unconciousness.

" Sleep here- I think you're... Yer too drunk." She snickers, hiding her face in her arms to stifle the laughter that emitted from her body.

Lion

"Why are you laughing so hard?" He chuckled and eyed her. "I'm not grunk....Drunk.  Yer drunk. You're already two of you..."
He hiccuped.

"I can pour it out for you if you'd like...  Where," another hiccup, "is it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn