Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of coins and rose petals [Aevum!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, November 25, 2016, 07:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Tag to: @AevumEternity
M for reasons that will be more than obvious after the second post.
-----------

Shore leave. One day of a break for the crew when they docked while arrangements were made by Honghu, his protege. Trade deals or bussiness arrangements. It was all dull chatter to him.  But regardless, Sura had to wait for his mistress to be done. He was after all her bodygaurd. He was currently waiting outside her personal cabin, sat down against the walls with his legs folded.

There was no shore leave for him. Though he was fairly certain his protege would also enjoy stretching her legs. So, half a shore leave? He shrugged softly. The wheather was nice, a warm breeze during noon, the sun at its highest.

This waiting wasn't all that bad. He snorted softly and looked back at one of his light clones, a bright outline ofof his own body and sighed. "Alright. Best out of five," he said to the magic apparition. "Rock, paper, scissors!" He extended his hand in scissors.

His mute clone picked rock.

"Fuck. Rock, paper, scissors!" He called again, deciding to go for paper this time. His clone decided on scissors.

"Fuck," he repeated. "Best.. Four out of seven?" He offered, yet, the clone just dissipated without an answer.

AevumEternity

" Tsk tsk tsk, Sura-" The familiar, lovely lilting voice floated as if from air behind him- a breath of wind. A slender hand touched his shoulder, the warm glow emenating from the skin simple and bright,"- what have I told you about playing your own shadow? it will always know what you are up to- no matter how unpredictable you are."

The bright red cheongsam was almost as equally blinding as the slender young woman who wore it, only the raven hair offering some respite from all this light. Qi Honghu offered him her hand," Come now, Sura- I simply cannot wait all day for you." there was humor in her voice, undeniably, yet a simple sharpness as well.

Medievarad

"Honghu-nim," Sura answered as he scrambled to his knees in greetings, his tail flicking idly. "I wish to outsmart any foe, so my own shadow seems a good place to start," he answered with a cheeky grin.

The half monkey took her hand and used her assistance to get to his feet, inclining his head momentarily. "Ofcourse, Honghu-nim," he answered with a soft huff. "Where are we headed?"

AevumEternity

" Some place I believe you will enjoy very much-" releasing his hand gently, her fingertips sliding in a hypnotically fluid manner from his before returning to her side- idly her blue gaze flickered toward the crew continuing to go to and fro with crates of goods and other items to trade,"- There is a man in this port city who believes he can pay us less then what is owed for a full jar of silver extract, which- mind you, my dear- is very difficult to haul across an ocean with the danger of spontaneous combustion." Already turning away, her other hand beginning to idly fan herself with a paper fan, she looked back briefly, hiding her face behind it.

" We need to talk to him, my Sura, convince him otherwise hmm..?" Her honey sweet voice was almost ridiculously intoxicating, to the point where it could melt hearts made of draconian steel. That was her skill- to seduce and intoxicate with that lovely... Everything. Those who were her around her quite often, alas, eventually grew used to the effects and were able to function past it.

Medievarad

Sura nodded in response, taking up his fighting staff and hitching it towas his back with the crimson strap. "Lead the way then, Honghu-nim," he answered as he fell in step next to her, a spark travelling between his fingers.

Sura had spend some time with Qi and therefore was less easily seduced by her silken voice and honied words. Though he was bound by a promise, so he gladly took her orders. After all, she was his mentor and teacher. "I imagine you're gonna do the talking?"

AevumEternity

" If he lets me speak, you know how some of these men are-" She sang, walking lithely across the deck, down the ramp to the dock, briefly gazing at the turtleship rather fondly before walking toward the busy city port. Those of her crew bowing their heads slightly as she past, strangers simply gawking,"- letting a woman pursue payment is astonishing and insulting enough... If he interrupts me too much, smash his teeth in, would you? I do hate being interrupted,"

Slowly fanning herself, keeping her face slightly obscured by the fan, she subtly motions for Sura to walk at her side- casting him the subtlest of winks and perhaps even... Perhaps that was a small kissing gesture, but it could have been his imagination as well," Come closer, Sura, you are making me quite lonely."

Medievarad

Sura rubbed the back of his head. He really disliked using force when it could bebe avoided. But, in this bussiness, a client that would be allowed to get away would set a bad precedent. And you paid for offered services. The full amount.

He sighed softly, before glancing up at Qi when she made her remark. With a soft huff, he fell into step next to her, his thumb hitched in his belt. "Sorry, just trailed off, Honghu-nim," he admitted with an awkward chuckle, having missed both the wink and the faintest of gestures.

AevumEternity

Pursing her lips, she shrugged," No matter, dearest- Just make sure I do not get hit in the process, would you kindly?" As if on que, she lithely ducked beneath a man turning with a large plank upon his shoulder. They were reaching a more populated area of the port town, the cobblestone streets filled with hundreds of merchants, traders, civilians, and so on-

Reaching over, Qi Honghu hooked her arm through Sura's, fanning herself idly as they weaved through the streets until they reached a courtyard- lavish buildings creating a perfect cube around a rather extravagent fountain that even caused the young woman to snort and roll her eyes from the abundance of stark naked cherubs dancing in stone literally everywhere.

Medievarad

"I'll make sure of it," he answered, already being there to make her graceful evade pointless byback shoving the, endhe of the board upwards, glancing at the dockworker who got knocked off balance. But he was too busy picking up the board to actually see who had tipped it in the first place.

Sura glanced down at her as he felt a slender arm hooking his, letting out a soft breath and heading back to checking theirthe surroundings again. After all, he was still a bodygaurd. But it seemed, despite the fuss, the streets were relatively safe.

As they finally reached their, destination, Sura couldn't help but snicker in amusement. "I'd ask if you were sure this is the place," he chuckled softly. "But I think that's already answered."

AevumEternity

Her cherry red lips curl into a wry smile, snapping the fan shut with a slight movement of her fingers- moving toward a particularly lavish townhouse, all shades of white, gold and blue. The marble featured flowers petrified in white stone as well as particularly fantastical fauna as well. The pair mounted the rather ostentatious steps as she responded softly," I do understand the desire to have a particular appearance. But this is slightly-"

She paused, tapping the fan carelessly against her chin, as they approached the large doors,"- too 'avant-garde' for my taste, despite my lust for flare." Qi Hongu extended her free arm, perhaps leaning unnecessarily close to Sura as she sharply taps the door with her glowing knuckles.

Medievarad

"Only slightly?" Sura answered with a soft huff, shaking his head softly, still holding Qi close by his side. "This is just preposterous," he answered with a soft sight, glancing at the door Honghu knocked on, waiting, attaining a rather foul look.

AevumEternity

Smirking slightly, she playfully smacked his shoulder with the closed fan rather sharply as the door opened. Offering that beautiful, seductive smile that caused rock to melt to magma, she spoke to the rather... Ostentatious looking servant," Hello, my dear, my name is Qi Honghu, I've come to inquire to your Master some payment of a silver extract shipment he owes me." tilting her head to one sode, the warm glow upon her skin seeming to brighten considerably- the man could only close his open mouth before muttering something about 'a moment', disappearing within. Not even bothering to close the door.

Honghu opened the red fan once more, hiding a devious smile behind it as she giggled innocently," Do you think I scared him Sura? I think this Cheogsam might have been a bit too tight any way- what do you think?" her lovely blue eyes flicker to her companion's face, only her gaze visible behind the fan now. Her stance was relaxed, leanig slightly against him, one leg bent casually at the knee, hip slightly forced outward, slender back arched just enough~ ugh it was enough to drive the weak minded man rabid.
Those eyes... Ah what promises they held!

Medievarad

Either baffled by Qi's beauty or the foul look Sura gave him, the servant scurried off. The half monkey didn't say much, but when the servant left, a slow belch rose from him, before he sighed. "I was keeping that in," he murmured softly, before glancing at Qi.

"It looks good on you," he murmured with a soft snort. "And I think that may've been my fault," he added, before glancing at the door. A better alternative to not get flustered.

AevumEternity

In response to his rather uncalled for belch, she turned the fan on him, merely pushing it back toward him with a small smirk," Ah- very well," she muses quietly, looking back up as the man servant reappeared, gently waving them into the extravagant building.

Medievarad

Sura shook his head, shrugging rather indifferently. He glanced at the servant that waved them in and glanced at Qi. "I'll behave," Sura stated with a soft chuckle.

AevumEternity

" Every now and then, I wish you wouldn't, but I thank you," She chuckles softly, snapping open the fan again, once more peering over it as she walked ahead. Her shoes thudded softly on the clean white floor. The Townhouse seemed narrower then from the outside- much longer and taller. Of course it was rather extravagantly decorated with hues of blue, gold, silver and white. The merchant  queen smiles faintly, the glow of her skin seeming to reflect off the marble like candle light," Oh my~ Hm..." she lilts rather carelessly.

They are lead into a lounge- literally covered in all manners of silken, soft fabrics of every color. Pillows from the size of a baby to a small dragon littered the room in a somehow seductively messy atmosphere. But as if to ruin it all, a massively fat bird-like man was strewn atop one of the largest pillows. Quite akin to a man tarred and feathered but for a massive black beak- he was clearly... Just a very fat chicken with human-like features.
His head jerked up, the man snapping his beak a few times before narrowing beady black eyes,"... What is this nonsense, Jerald?"

The servant simply turned, gazing at Qi Honghu, who's face was still hidden behind the fan- she in turn whispers coolly," You wish to outsmart foes, yes? My dear Sura- perhaps you can try your wits and theatricality on our client here?"

Medievarad

"This is important," Sura answered with a soft snort. He followed Qi closely, glancing about their surroundings quite soberly, his face quite apparent with his impression of the rather lavish decorations. Which was not a positive impression at all, he was obviously mirthless and disinterested.

He glanced at the merchant, frowning. That wasn't according to plan. The man had a beak, which meant he had no teeth to knock in. Sura glanced at Qi as she spoke, hissing 'he doesn't have teeth,' under his breath. He coughed and softly dislodged his arm from Qi's, before stepping forward, inclining his head, yet not bowing. "I assume you realize why we are here?" Sura started, staring the fat human chicken straight in the eyes, a cold guise hiding his thoughts.

AevumEternity

" You have not bothered to introduce yourselves so I highly doubt that I would bother caring." The man shifted his great weight, the beak curling into an annoyed frown though the beady eyes fix upon Qi- who simply kept her face hidden- staring intently at the client.

Even in such a mysterious position, the angelic aura of intoxicating warmth seemed to begin effecting the bird-man, who seemed to awkwardly straighten and simultaneously relax with a slowly more predatory smirk.

Medievarad

"I am certain a man off your level knows who he deals with," Sura answered with a soft smirk, his tail swaying idly behind him. "Behind me is Qi Honghu-nim. I am her delegate and personal guard, Sura," a soft chuckle left his lips. "And I  imagine you know exactly how much you failed to compensate us for our services."

AevumEternity

The beak seems to frown so deeply it was a surprise it did not crack- beady narrow eyes flickering back to Sura," I do not see why I would need to compensate for failed services. The Silver extract was nearly solid when it reached my residence. The price I refuse to pay is the price it takes to liquefy it once more due to your incompetence."

Qi Honghu suddenly let a small bubble of laughter lift from her throat, snapping the fan closed with a loud sound. the glow upon her skin seemed to have faded slightly, a tell tale sign of annoyance as her eyes rested upon the man," The moment the cargo leaves the ships, it is the buyer's responsibility to ensure its condition from then on. We rule the sea, Jarro, your part is much easier then ours. Unless you are saying you are simply too incompetent to take responsibility of your own err?"

the air of the room seemed to tense considerably as rage contorted the large creature's face.

Tags: