Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Verdant Dreamer (Closed)

Started by CyclicalCycal, November 25, 2016, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

"'S...okay." She mumbled, wearily. It didn't sound okay. Regardless, she went to crawl out of the bedroll and rise to her feet. "I-I. What do...what do we do Nowa." She asked. She was afraid.

Medievarad

A deep breath and a painful stretch later, "we get to the nearest town and purchase another bedroll," she groaned softly. "After that, we see whether there is any in need of contract work and stock up."

CyclicalCycal

Cara paused

Then, she listed out a lot of questions.

"What's contract works?"

"Who'll teach me magic?"

"When's father waking up?"

"Will we be helping the forests?"

"What about the colourless?"

Medievarad

Rin frowned softly, taking a deepclean breath as she pushed herself to her feet aswell.,

"People paying for any kind of work."

"I will, with seals and charms."

"I do not know."

"That depends."

"Who are the colourless?"

CyclicalCycal

"I won't learn your stupid seal magic! I'm-I'm stronger than you are! Father says the forests are in my blood!" She got out, angrily, apparently vehemently opposed to Rin's suggestion. She scowled, going to begin slinking away.

Medievarad

Rin frowned softly, taking out a seal from her armour and attaching a throwing knife to it. She threw it over to a three, which it slammed inro. A massive forcefield appearing around them.

It'd feel like a master mordecai bing present, surpressing all magic in the vicinity. "I highly doubt you are," Rin answered as she gathered her equipment. "Seals and charms are more powerful than you think."

CyclicalCycal

Cara promptly collapsed, letting out a muffled scream of agonising and utter pain. Staring at her hands, the orb in her eye began to wilt and melt out of it, as she shook and suffered.

She looked like she was in unimaginable pain.

Medievarad

The instant Cara's scream reached her ears, Rin immediately undid thethe seal, making her way over to her protege swiftly. She pulled the girl up in her arms and started to mutter softly. "I'm sorry," she started. "I didn't know, Cara.."

CyclicalCycal

Carla's breathing was laboured, she was weak, barely audible. She muttered a near silent whisper. "Get aaawwwaaayy..." as tears welled up in her eyes. The orb was dripping out of her socket, still, its form unable to hold for whatever reason.

Medievarad

Rin, who was quite horrified by the experience, did manage to keep her cool. She extended her hand and flicked a paper seal out of what seemed nowhere and stuck it to Cara's forehead, channeling her own arcane essence through it.

The charm in translated it to healing magic, to cure what she had just done to Cara.

CyclicalCycal

Cara was mended, but it was exceptionally slowly. This ailment was a danger to her, and Rin's response was helping, but nowhere near a short much as she would have expected. "You tried to kiilll meeee..." She got out, raspily. She was hurting quite significantly.

Medievarad

"I didn't know," she sushed softly, doubling her efforts to heal Cara, growing rather pale after a short while. "I didn't intend to, Cara, I'm so sorry."

CyclicalCycal

"Don't wanna learn your...your stupid...seal magic...don't wanna do contracts...leave me aloneeee..." She got out, tears welling up in her proper eye and half empty socket.

Medievarad

"It's what it is, Cara. Seal magic is the only thing I know," she answered with a soft murmur. "And we need money," she added.

CyclicalCycal

"Noooo..you tried to kill me...get away..." She mumbled, squirming and sobbing. Cara seemed quite distraught, reaching up to half-melted eye, rasping and wheezing.

Medievarad

"I didn't know," she murmured faintly. "I'm so sorry," the veil of magic turnee ever so slightly as Rin started to pour nothing short of her own life essence into the mix, aiming to patch her up completely.

CyclicalCycal

"Why...?" She asked, faintly. Now, the addition of a more potent power, seemed of patch Rin up far greater, but it was still not as strong as Rin would've expected. "Leave-leave me...alone...father...I...I...want..."

Medievarad

"I'm so sorry," she croaked with grit teeth, once again doubling her efforts.

And as soon as Cara was healed properly, which was the only time Rin would stop, she slumped backwards, panting heavily as her eyes slowly drifted upwards into her skull, body convulsing ever so slightly.

CyclicalCycal

Cara rubbed at her eye, going to crawl out of Rin's grasp. After a brief pause, she'd go to look to Rin and try to discern what was happening to her. "...Rin...?" She asked, carefully.

Medievarad

She seemed to be a ghastly pale. Her veins trobbing with purple energy underneath her skin. It was obvious she poisoned hersef with her own mana due to the gratuitous life essence she spent on Cara.

But, when Cara checked, she was already unconcious.