Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Verdant Dreamer (Closed)

Started by CyclicalCycal, November 25, 2016, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

"...I d-don't want that...I w-wanna keep going through the forests..." Cara mumbled. "I d-don't wanna live in the stupid city..." She replied, weakly. She was, very evidently, against the entire idea of civilisation.

Medievarad

Rin sighed softly. "I do not have a home. I live on the road," she answered. "We'll cross through towns if nescessary. Maybe stay a night, but I can assure you it'll be no longer than that."

CyclicalCycal

"W-will we live...in the forest, R-Rin?" Cara asked, a light burning in her eye. It seemed, this, she would be happy with. Very much so.

Medievarad

"Most of the time," she answered with a soft nod, sitting back to look at Cara, offering her a warm smile.

CyclicalCycal

Cara nods, processing this. It seems she approves.

Then, she noticed a discrepancy.

"...w-who told you to take care of me?"

Medievarad

"The wooden creature that cured you," she answered. "The one that told me your father didn't wake yet. The one that led me in."

CyclicalCycal

"I-I...okay, then..." She mumbled. "...do you kn-know when f-father will awaken...?" She then asked, tentatively. Cara asked this, wearily. Afraid. As if she desperately wanted to know the answer, but...at the same time, didn't.

Medievarad

[This ain't over. I still sporadically post, albeit it very rarely. I found some time now. Sorry for the inconvenience ^^']

"I don't," Rin answered with a faint smile, softly stroking Cara's cheek. "I'm sorry."

CyclicalCycal

(Okay. No inconvenience in my opinion.)

Cara scowls, squirming and writhing and fighting. "NO! I-I want! My father! I w-want...father..." She gets out, slowly stopping, tears welling up in her real eye and her false one. "I did...I fought the...but he still won't wake up...why...?"

Medievarad

The hand on Cara's cheek slumped down to her shoulder and squeezed it softly. "I don't know much about any of this, Cara, but I left a mark at the grove," she answered. "If your father awakens, we'll know immediately."

She softly pulled the girl in a hug. "It's going to be alright, Cara."

CyclicalCycal

Cara sobbed, quietly, into Rin. "I want my father back..." She whispered, into Rin. As Cara shook, and as she sobbed, the trees and foliage around her mimicked her movements. They shook in tandem, as if an extension of her body.

Medievarad

Rin glanced upwards at the trees once. She was well aware ofof Cara's abilities. And she trusted the girl enough toto not harm the one consoling her. She merely sushed Cara softly. "I'm so sorry," she murmured.

CyclicalCycal

Cara slowly began to calm down, the flora around the two returning to normal. She simply quietly cried, saying nothing, burying herself into Rin. "Zys lrmu lk biym vr sy bkqu zrs...?" She asked, apparently not realising that she had changed to her first language.

Medievarad

Rin smiled faintly. "I.. Can't understand that, Cara," she answered with a soft nod. "But I promise I'll keep you safe until your father returns."

CyclicalCycal

After a little while, she had calmed down. She slowly nodded, into Rin, sniffling. "O-okay..." then, she asked a question. Perhaps it was a sincere offer, or perhaps it was to simply distract herself. "W-want to understand? F-father said I shouldn't teach anyone...u-unless...they're good...b-but you're nice..."

Medievarad

Rin frowned slowly, before nodding gently. "If you want to teach me," she answered with a soft smile. "I am sure I will not suffer your father's ire. Nor will you, if you teach me," she said with a nod.

CyclicalCycal

"Okay..." Cara slowly pulled herself back, going to scoot away from Rin. She seemed slightly calmer, now that she had something to o, something to think about. "Okay...so..." Cara seemed at a loss of where to begin.

Medievarad

Rin glanced at Cara, nodding slowly. "Start with the basics. Common courtesy," she said with a faint smile, adjusting the deadwood and logs she gathered, before placing a seal on one of them.

She snapped her fingers and the seal started to burn, making a nice, crackling fire.

CyclicalCycal

Cara nodded, looking up at Rin. Her eye was read from crying, but she did her best to distract herself. "Okay...so 'Hello' is Kvftr...c-can you say that?" She asked, realising that the two languages were wildly different.

Medievarad

Rin smiled softly and nodded. "Kv-..Kvftr," she managed on a second try.