Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is this the place we've been looking for?

Started by Anonymous, February 07, 2006, 05:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

After traveling along the woodland Aceltia finally spotted the village and continued towards it, tucked away in her brown linens. Turning to Kat she simply said, "Will this do?" Now from where she was standing she could see quite a bit of city commotion and there were colors everywhere. People and creatures that she'd never seen before. Yet the question still hung in the air. Was this truly the place that they'd traveled to see. And yet again, where would they stay in this town thick with people. As long as Aceltia wasn't recognized by those horrid men who killed her people she was safe. Assuming they didn't know she existed anyhow.

After having walked east for a while, and maybe a bit south as well, it was not so cold anymore. No snow fell and there was no harsh wind like there had been before. The sun shone through trees and peeked over rooftops as if trying to catch a glimpse of all the action. All the scurry. People with bread, wine, linens, cutlery, jewelry. Guards stood around talking with one another as they monitored the streets and paths. Each had every reason to be suspicious of two women wandering into town like the way they were.

Anonymous

"It's fine," Kat managed, overwhelmed by the amount of people bustling about in the streets. Suddenly, she was overcome with pictures of people. She saw someone she knew, curled up in a bed, obviously sick. She saw someone else she knew tending her. There were two children...

The angel swayed a little, and blinked several times to clear her head. "Anou...do you think we could go to the castle?" she asked abruptly. She was gripped by the strangest urge to head there, but never questioned feelings such as those.

Anonymous

She didn't find the question odd. She figured that maybe Kat wanted to see what the castle looked like. Even Aceltia had never seen a castle before and she wondered whether or not it was any different from the wooden Fiahn that she used to live in. The Fiahn had towering walls and balconies. Inside there were polished cherry wood floors and tapestries. It all seemed to blend in to the woodland around them. Actually, it was most common for people to often occupy the Fiahn rather than the center of the village. It was perhaps the biggest building in a hawk-tribe's community and a sort of keep and home to the tribe leaders.

So Aceltia nodded and shrugged, "I don't see why not." She sounded as if it were no big deal, but really it was an epidemic. The first time she'd ever see such a structure and she had no idea what one was going to look like nor whether it would be larger and more powerful than the woodland Fiahn.

Anonymous

Kat made her way through the crowds of people, her steps touched with anxiety. She found her way to the grand structure right away. For a moment, she stood in awe. There were towers seeming to reach to her home, and elaborate windows of different colours.

There was a courtyard too, the angel knew. In her mind, she saw the fountain, and felt the flowers eagerly awaiting the time when they could model thier brilliantly coloured gowns. But Kat had not meant that she merely wanted to stare.

There were guards barring their entrance. Kat approached them, and they crossed their spears before her.
  "Anou...please let us inside. My friend is ill," she explained. The guards didn't seemed to be convinced.

"How do we know you're not lying?" one asked. Tears began to sting at her eyes. Lie?  Kat never lied. She tried to once, but her heavenly nature made it so painfully obvious. The tears ran down her cheeks.
  "Please let us in," she said, bowing.

These guards were known to move for no one, unless they recognized someone as a resident of the castle. They knew everyone in the castle by name, and would let no strangers in. However, the innocence and purity that Kat radiated seemed to touch their hearts enough to finally agree to let them into the castle.

Once inside, the angel turned to her companion. "I'm sorry!" she apologized. She felt horrible for doing things without first giving explanation. "M-my friend is ill. She needs healing," the angel sniffed, wiping away the remnants of her tears.

Anonymous

Surprized by her friend's actions, she followed into the castle and squinted to get used to the lighting. Why had Kat been crying? "What do you mean? Who's ill?" Ill, the one word that Aceltia knew well. Only in bird folk of course. She'd been tought in medicine for bird folk. Yet, what was this talk of Kat's friend being ill? All the sudden that relaxed impression on her face hardened and she appeared more... serious. The kind of illness that she knew was deadly. It wiped out villages. But could this be the same thing?

Too many questions whizzed and whirled in her head. It was like a sudden event that she'd not anticipated. The splendor of the castle and the bitter taste of that word, ill, seeped into her. Aceltia just blinked and stood there waiting for some sort of explanation.

Anonymous

"Somebody we know lives in this castle, and my friend was brought here to be healed by her, but the sickness seems to be more powerful than her abilities. Please forgive me for upsetting you and bringing you here," she said, bowing again.

Kat  really was far too modest to simply say that her healing abilities were far more powerful than any other's because she was an angel. She was like that. She always exalted others, but never herself. It was this incredible goodness that tended to repel most. That, and she did tend to be extremely emotional, and had the habit of apologizing for everything.

Now, serenity and calmness fell over her like a sheer, golden fabric. She had complete faith that God's will would be carried out, and knew that there was no need to worry. Once again, images and emotions danced across Aceltia's face, and she looked away, obviously guilty.

These things were intimate to her new friend. Private things that should not be known until they were ready to be. "You do not have to come with me," she said softly, very much to the floor.

Anonymous

Stretching out with her feelings, which she often did in search of understanding, she felt the serenity in the atmosphere and relaxed her brow. "I will follow you wherever you go Kat. I have your back, and that's what friends are for. Is there anything I can do to help you and your friend?" Her eyes dipped down, fixed on the floor. Again something was being pondered. The stone brick walls made the room feel bare and the shiny floors that she peered down at shone with the reflections of figures all about the room. A red carpet trailed down a corridor to other hallways and rooms.

You may now and then find Aceltia thinking. In fact, she always ponders. Now that her world had been turned upside down and now that she was living more like a nomad, she was always gazing back at the past. Revealing blue eyes, stained with memories. Would she ever break free of her past? It haunted her.

Her lips parted and she prepared to speak again, but didn't. She wasn't so sure she wanted to add anything on to the question. It didn't have anything to do with the subject, from which she was afraid to deviate.

Anonymous

"Perhaps if you were with me, it would help..." she said, suddenly overcome by shyness. This would be the first time she had healed someone in front of her new friend.

Noira-san, please leave Maeve to me, she thought, sending the mental message. She knew that Noira would hear it.  "Follow me," she said with a smile on her face. She extended her hand, so that when she teleported, Aceltia would also.

Anonymous

With curiousity as to why her friend was being so cautious or shy, she reached out and clutched her friend's outstretched hand, "Alright then." She said unkowningly. She didn't know that Kat knew how to teleport. Apparently, that was, until now.

OOC: Very short, didn't know how to reply to that without being really off subject I guess.