Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Aerie - A Demon and her Dragon [AevumEternity] [M]

Started by Marakai Trin, December 04, 2016, 05:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

(Rated M for the possibility of various mature themes.)

In the distance, a roar could be heard, echoing off the
rocky crags of the western Thunderblacks.

It was still dark yet, the early rising sun not quite reaching the earth yet amidst massive mountains, these silent guardians standing watch over an ancient secret.

Descending from the heavens, a great black dragon glided almost gracefully, carefully choosing a spot to land. If one looked closely, seated amongst the spikes frilled around the beasts head, a beautiful siren of a woman could be heard.

With a great snap the dragons wings flapped again as he reared back slightly, slowing them both down as they neared their landing point, a small round clearing paved with ancient cobblestones. The surrounding area appeared otherwise nondescript and apparently not special in any other way.

We're here, Aev'iterna. Are you still awake back there? he said, chuckling into her mind. I promise, there is more here than meets the eye.

AevumEternity

Aev'iterna blinked blearily, looking up as she looked up slowly- pushing silver-white ringlets from ber face as she tilts her black gaze to and fro with an awkward stiffness," Mmm?" She yawned loudly, still hugging the sword to her chest and cloak about her bare shoulders tightly.

The demon shifts slightly, looking about as she straightened more, yawning," Where... Is here? It's so cold, Marakai~"

Marakai Trin

Hastily, Marakai reverted to his human form, rushing over to her and picking her up, hugging her against his chest - he had made sure to leave his upper armor off so the contact was skin-to-skin - and wrapping her cloak around them both pulling his sword from her cold fingers. He jammed it into the earth with one hand, and pulled her tighter against him, trying to keep her warm.

"I'm so sorry, Aev'iterna, I cannot feel the cold as a dragon. I should have taken the proper precautions to keep you warm." His eyes glowed brightly as he looked down at her, holding her bridal fashion almost.

The sight of this almost made him chuckle. Almost. There were more important things going on, though.

"In this mountain rests the lower reaches of the Aerie, the ancient fortress that served as my clans home for centuries. This was the first place I went after I awakened - there's clothes, blankets, and warmth."

He strode forward, his tall form quickly clearing the distance to a sheer rock wall. The surface of this wall was almost completely of broken stones, save a small circle of completely smooth rock, roughly the size of Marakai's hand with his fingers outstretched. This was exactly what he did, placing his palm against the rock and pushing inward.

Suddenly, on his shoulder the skin split open, revealing a patch of scales in the same pattern as the symbol on the hilt on his sword.

"Handy thing, these doors. Only a member of the Aerie Clan can enter this place...I suppose I can call this whole place mine, seeing as how I'm the only one left."

The smooth stone under his hand flared with a brilliant light, and Marakai spoke again.

"Haekten seiko Marakai, vilaetr nies aer Trin."

With those words, spoken in a dialect of draconic that didn't even exist anymore, the stones seemed to fold in on themselves, opening a massive hole, easily big enough to accommodate him in his Dragon form, if he so chose.

"....welcome to what was my home...or at least to what's left of it."