Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ethereal , Untouchable (M) [Open]

Started by AevumEternity, December 04, 2016, 05:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

Disgaua followed Hakon's order with a smirk. "Don't worry, I'll stay right with him."

He looked down at the small man-ish creature still in her grasp, and noted his eyes moving to a small stone, near an old skeleton tangled in the undergrowth. "He'll have a hard time surprising us with them if he keeps looking at them, though."

He slid his hands down the pole of his glaive, holding the end in both hands. With the bladed end, he poked and prodded at the skeleton, and followed that with a swift and hard poke at the stone. Abruptly it split, revealing a small spike. He smirked at his own powers of observation.

"So, Jack, just how many of these do you have spread around here?"

AevumEternity

Waiting patiently for her Captain to take the obnoxious demon, the Major focused upon the mercenary once more," Yes, the demon lives but not in this realm. That is all that matters. As for your services, your disrespect makes it highly unlikely I would bother wishing you upon my side for anything other then being used as a human shield- even then I would be unlikely to bother paying."

Kneeling quickly beside the fallen men, she took their pulses by pushing her fingers beneath their helms- noting steady heartbeast as she pulled them both into sitting positions leaning against the wall of the ruined shack," Address me as Major rather then as one of your whores. Maybe then I would consider even deeming you worthy of anything more then a blade through your neck."

Jack Napier

Jack sneered at her. "You'll miss me eventually I can show you even not power than what to have... Ohhh Major." He pulled his arms out. "Maybe I didn't want that one to kill you with that one. I would much prefer something messy. I have one on every dead body around my home so yeah." He went to the broken rock and broke the spine. "This was made out of a piece of ribcage." He turned around and stalked towards the back of the house. "It takes both of us to trigger this one over here." He pointed towards the spike wall trap. He walked and stood next to the dead body. "Be prepared to jump out of the way. Don't say I didn't warn you."

Gawfy

Alright alright "Major" He said as he held his hands up You know every problem cant be solved with threats Gawfy stated as he followed her outside. So Why does connlaoth Have solders posted in the Fell? He asked as he watched her Put her solders up. Also did you train these guys yourself

Marakai Trin

After springing the spike trap, Diz took (moved towards?) Jack, keeping his promise to stay near him and overtake his magic with his aura. On his way over, he answered the question directed toward Hakon, at least for himself, "She didn't. All of us were trained in large groups for the basics. Smaller ones, afterward, for specialized combat."

He then glanced at Hakon with a small smile. "Ansgar's Hand is made up of some of the best, led by the Lady here, herself. We are His Light that shines when there is none."

He stopped at the spot indicated by Jack. "Well, then. How do we spring this one?" he asked, ready to jump aside should the need arise.

AevumEternity

Hakon nods gently to Diz, crossing her arms over her chest," I assume you were going to use their being unconcious as an excuse to point out my failures- alas, even you would be in their position if taken by surprise." Slowly standing, she rolled her shiulder, looking over the massive beasts that made up the heavy cavalry's steeds- smiling ever so slightly.

The Major focuses back on Gawfy, speaking quietly, her voice as neutral as one could be," I would appreciate if you would leave us. As you are being a hinderance to our operation and recovery at this time." She glanced briefly at the fairy, but seem far too fatigued to even crack a smile at this moment though- it was ever so slightly amusing.

Jack Napier

"Simple how about we just..." He stepped a little to the left. Away from the other man and lifted up the arm of the dead man his other one being ripped off. The wall came falling down Jack slipped out of the way hoping to kill the other man. But it war unlikely. After that he pointed towards another rock. "That is a spike. We'll Miss Harkon what do you plan on doing to me after this? I could brew you some tee or something? Haha and maybe I could have my own bed with you?" He began to laugh again at her. He was just having a little fun since the last humans he saw he killed. It had been about a year since his interaction with people. "I am messing with you. You wouldn't believe what a year of solitude is like."

Gawfy

Gawfy began laughing out loud. So let me get this straight. I spend Coin on camouflage and food, Hike a for a few days, Camp another for you to come along and chase off my prey, And after that you want me to just quietly leave you?He Shook his head Besides you dont look you are in the position to turn down help.

Marakai Trin

With a flash, Diz swung his glaive in an upward arc, the flat end of the blade wedging in between the spikes. Planting the other end on the ground and holding it fast, he whirled on Jack, eyes hard and angry.

"Little man, I wouldn't suggest trying that again. There's more than one way I can think of to make you regret this."

With a sharp tug, the glaive sliced through the wooden beams supporting the spikes, and the contraption fell to pieces.

"You try something like that again, it'll be the last thing you do. I'll leave you pinned to the wall as a warning, I swear it. Next one. Now." Disgaua was well and truly pissed, but halted any further outburst, at least until the rest of the traps were dealt with.

(Aevum, not sure who Hakon's first comment was directed towards, sorry if it was to Diz ^_^;; )

AevumEternity

The Lady Kilandre stared at ther mercenary with such contempt, such coldness that even the strongest of men would feel their hearts freeze. Her next words no leas icy," I am ina position to turn down whoever I wish. You are unworthy to even Pluck the wings off a fly. So depart from my presence. Immediately."

The Major turned back to the men, standing slowly as she got behind one, wrapping her arms beneath the man's shoulders and hauling him up toward the door. The man with his armor had to be over 300 pounds with her own adding at least another hundred. Admirable, to say the least.

Jack Napier

"I did tell you that you would need to jump... Did I not?" He moved on disarming various traps some more bloody than the rest. All of them very violent deaths. As he finished cutting the last line he stood and looked at how Miss Hakon was carrying the men inside. "Hey boy why don't you do the manual labor instead of your officer?"

Gawfy

Now why the hell would you pluck the wings off of a fly? He asked sarcastically But i can see im not wanted so Ill leave you to play commander. He turned out and walked out the door. A word of advice to you. Triumphant Pride Precipitates a dizzying fall, you would do well to remember that. Gawfy started on his way out

Marakai Trin

Diz mumbled something under his breath about the 'boy' comment, something about being seven years her senior.

"Before I take my eyes off you to move Maek, I want you inside where the other two can keep an eye on you. I don't trust you until I'm told to trust you." His eyes narrowed, and he reached forward to grab Jack's arm in a tight grip, gauntleted fingers pressing into his flesh.

He half drug him towards the door. "Move."

AevumEternity

Simply ignoring the Mercenary's threats, she settled the first man within the building carefully before retrieving the other. Looking toward the forest in the distance befpre she returned- why was it men found it so important to look down upon her as an authority? This had been the case many times before, but had she been a man, she doubted he would have looked down upon her orders with such disdainful arrogance. Sighing inwardly, continuing to drag the second man inside but being assisted by one of her soldiers- she murmured her thanks, watching as the others began to set up within.

After making sure her small unit was well fortified, she allowed exhaustion to drag her feet until she reached the small room once more- nearly collapsing upon the cot but lowering herself rather shakily, stripping off the armor methodically and carefully until she could curl up beneath her cloak in just the tunic. Hakon found her eyes closed but still remained just out of reach of sleep- occupying herself by listening to the low bubble of Ansgar's Hand.
She confidently knew they had not been routed,Ansgar's hand could not so easily be felled- more then likely the other Captain was already finishing the mages and returning to base camp.

Jack Napier

Whispering to the man. "I may not know you well but I know you do not like her being your superior. Obviously since you are her senior... I can show you power over an army if you let me go." He half walked half stumbled to the house. "Can I make you something to drink? You can watch if you want but my throat is terribly dry." He yanked on his arm trying to free himself from the gauntlet grip. "We could be friends you know right?"

Marakai Trin

"I may be older than her, but my respect for her goes far deeper than mere rank and orders. I owe her much, and I swore an oath to serve her so long as she sees me fit to do so." He shoved the small man into the open doorway. "And I want nothing to do with whatever fell power you might promise."

He looked to the Major, and saw that she was asleep, or at least trying to make her way there. His gaze slid to the other two soldiers sill conscious.

"Watch him. Let him make his drink, and take nothing offered by him. Once he's finished, bind him and settle him near the door. One of you keep an eye on him, one of you rest - I'll take first watch just outside. Rotate every two hours - keep the Major and the other two outside outside of the rotation."

During his talk, he stripped the heavy plate armor off, organizing it in a spartanesque arrangement on the stone floor, leaving on his gambeson and chainmail. He took again strapped his two broadswords to his back, ensuring they were firmly in their leather sheaths, and took up his glaive, stepping towards the door.

Once outside, he stepped over to Sleipnir and Purgatorio, patting each of them in turn. He then stepped into the open area away from the two Theocog, and began swinging his glaive, his practice also meditation, in part.

The shining, silvery blade seemed to trace lines of light, reflecting what little could be gotten from the sky above. Each swing, fluid and moving directly into the next, made gentle sounds as the air parted to make way. Faster and faster that polearm swung, until it was naught more than a silver blur.

His mind was silent, his body was preoccupied, but his senses kept watch on his surroundings. Diz listened to the faint breeze, ears strained to listen for any unnatural sounds.