Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Dream for Some, and a Terror for Others (M)

Started by WolfMan, December 09, 2016, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfMan

Zod was unsure of what to do in the particular situation, he wanted to trust him, but also realized that man had tried to blow him halfway to hell. He thought of his time as a starving young man, and had sympathy. Although the man had tried to take his money, the bag of gold still weighed his pack nonetheless.

His mind also went to the guard, although being attracted to his location because of the explosion, the army had probably been dispatched anyways having killed such a high profile target on a day like today. If he hadn't been in this fight with Alder, the army would've most likely taken him by surprise further down the road. The sounds of war lay in stark contrast to the city's ruckus which could still be heard, although faintly. The man's sudden wave of intuition snapped him out of rage.

Gently attempting to retrieve his sword from his former enemy now companion, he offered a hand to the kneeling man through the smoke, to help him on his feet.

"We'll never outrun them, but there are other options. We can fight our way out. If you help me do that, I'll give you half of what I got from the job."

Though the army would be attracted to the cloud, it would also serve as a great distraction while they pick apart single enemies who attempted to enter it or linger. "Lets wait till they get close, then hit them with everything we got. Try not to kill anyone, that'll only increase our bounty." said Zod grimly.

Gawfy

Alder took the mans hand as he offered it. He had no idea what this other man was wanted for, but Alder had a pretty good idea why they wanted him. He had been stealing gold and Heirlooms from the local Lords for weeks now in addition to assassinating people. Taking on a whole army? Alder Sighed and Took out an additional talisman this one Gold in color.  Annihilating Lion's Strength!
He yelled as his arms now where glowing. Cant promise this wont kill them He said as he smashed his knuckles together making a Metal warping Clang. So whats our plan of attack?

WolfMan

"We hit them hard, and then fall back immediately to the treeline. The calvary wont be expecting us to push against them. We scare the horses and cause them to retreat momentarily, giving us the opportunity to get the hell out of here."

He hoped it would work anyways, "Horses aint a huge fan of me anymore, not after my condition," Zod said to explain. "But give em enough flashes and bangs, and you'll have a similar effect as me. Wait until they're almost in the smoke and then we strike." He paused, and started to slow his breathing down.

Turning his head to the side, he briefly looked upon Alder, "You ready?" His gaze returned to the ever-growing sound of horseback.

Gawfy

Alder nodded As he Took a Fighting stance as the Horses Grew closer. The first one that entered the smoke wasnt in it for long as Alder Punched the beast with such augmented strength that it sent the Horse's body and rider Flying out of the Smoke. Alder then Rushed past the vanguard and found the sweet spot in the middle of the Calvary. He then Slammed his fist into the first horse he saw and with a shout Detonated the Talismans remaining  on his left arm. Thrown back he recovered from the blast on both feet with more smoke and soot in the air than before. He then fled into the treeline behind them.

WolfMan

Zod watched with awe as Alder punched the great beast through the air and into the clearing. The other riders looked at each other with fear, but continued to charge. Suddenly, Alder burst through the smoke and brutally took down some of his opponents' before creating another massive explosion. This caused the first wave to instantly be killed, or forced the horses to flee for their lives.

It took out all but one. As Alder turned to run back, Zod noticed a a rider coming dangerously close to him. With blinding speed he closed the distance. Swiping widely,  he jumped up and decapitated the horse rider. Body slumping to the ground, the now useless horse fled back towards the city.

Taking the momentary silence to retreat, Zod turned and sprinted full force in the direction Alder took off in.

Gawfy

Alder jumped a good distance away, now sitting against a tree in a deeper part of the woods. His glow on his chest was Waxing and started to make sparks, His armor was at its limit. His charred outfit now catching on the wind. His gauntlets returned to normal as he Chanted a dispelling spell.

WolfMan

Zod approached a few seconds later, after Alder was in the forest. He walked up, and sheathed his sword. "I think we lost them for now friend," Said Zod. He walked over to a stump and sat down. Listening, he tried to listen for the sounds of the enemy, but couldn't hear anything, not yet anyways.

Whether they would pursue the two wanted men was unknown, but for the time being at least, they were safe. Zod proceeded to take a flash out of his pack, and take a large drink. He did this not because it was a regular occurrence, but rather because he had killed the professor, and barely escaped the entire army of the city. For now at least.

Gawfy

I dont think we are welcome in connlaoth anymoreAlder said jokingly as he rested his head on the tree.So which way is the fastest way out of the country? He asked, We very well cant stay here. I think the army might be starting to tire of thiefs and assassins pouring into their borders

WolfMan

Zod smiled at this. They probably weren't welcome in Connlaoth anymore, but they would both be back often, or never leave in the first place.

"The Connlaothians are an honorable sort. They seem a little prudish friend, but they are as loyal as friends can be if you happen to not piss them off as we have done! Once they learn of the Professor's crime, they will turn a blind eye sure enough," He looked to his friend and tossed him a piece of bread from his pack, along with half the money as promised.

Gawfy

Alder caught both items. Well i dont think they will appreciate killing their horses but i think they will get over it. He started eating the bread his comrade gave him Besides A few thousand more gold to my bounty is hardly a dent.

WolfMan

Getting his own piece of bread, he began to eat it. Taking another massive pull from the flask, he set it back in his belongings, and relaxed more against the stump, as food and alcohol rushed into his stomach.

"And what is it you are wanted for my friend," said Zod, taking another massive bite out of the loaf.

Gawfy

Alder finished the bread he gave him and started counting the gold.  Well its hard for an aspiring Grand master of the arcane arts to Find decent work in Connlaoth, with every one trying to find mages and kill them and all. So with my infinite wisdom and magic handed down for generations, I started Breaking into The lords houses and Stealing from them. I did that every day of the week for 2 weeks then broke into the King's Castle, but it seems that really pissed em off bad

WolfMan

Zod gave a hearty laugh at this, "Aye, but you aren't taking from people who need it most, just from people who hoard gold under the disguise of a fancy name," said Zod. He thought to himself, that many people would consider that kind of behavior benefitting society as a whole. He never actually took it upon himself to steal from the rich, but he applauded this man for doing so in his mind.

"Not to mention, those sods don't fight in the war themselves, but send their poor servants and subjects alike to do it for them."

Gawfy

I never thought of it like that. Alder said as he finished counting. Lords have more money than common folks, and the guards are a lot lazier as well. He started thinking about it. yeah i guess it was a "good deed" They also had a lot of cash for "fighting a war that needs to be won!" He said as he mimicked the various requiters who scouted solders. 

WolfMan

"Yet some in this blasted city resort to having celebrations like that," he motioned towards the direction of the city. Zod had spent a great deal of time in Connlaoth. After his capture and escape, he immediately went into Serendipity for a time. This job returned him back for the first time in awhile. The war seemed to take more lives and ruin what was perfectly good wilderness, but he remained mostly neutral to this point.

Another contract of his would take him closer to the border again, but this was still a distant thought, as his mind returned to the here and now. He attempted to break the brief silence that was pondering had created.

"What did you take exactly?"

Gawfy

Well gold being my main target i also stole some paintings and a few old Scriptures of asngar.
He admitted as he got more comfy How long have you been doing your thing?

WolfMan

He smiled to this explanation, "At least your targets are more defined, many poor sods take family heirlooms, cool in design but worthless and heartless."

He sat back and began to explain, "I've been on the move my whole life. Things really started picking up when I was 16. I was just a kid, but I learned to survive in the wild."

He paused, memories of this early days at trying to stay alive flooding his mind. He was able to look into the forest now, and see which plants were edible, which would kill you upon eating, and which would help you in a pinch. He thought of the time when he started, helpless in the woods.

"You aren't like most mages I've seen, what type of magic do you use exactly?"

Gawfy

Alder drew one of his cards. Rune magic paired with Mana parchment. he then threw one over to his Partner. As you saw before the Result is devastating.Kind of a Lost art. Alder then pointed to the rune and its intricate nature. Each one of those branches and etchings have to be Hand drawn. But the result is worth the trouble, Im adept in all schools of magic but am no means a master of any of them. Alder then looked at the sky Jack of all trades, Master of none. Thats me Names Alder by the way. He then looked at zod. How did you survive the blast back there.

WolfMan

Catching it, he looked at it with great interest. He watched its design and pattern, unlike everything he had ever seen in his life. With amazement, he gently gave the card back, not wanting to damage it.

"Funny you should saw that. I am in combat what you are in magic. I know many fighting styles, but never wanted to excel in any of them. Why open yourself up to weaknesses from using one method?" He asked rhetorically.

"I can heal really fast," said Zod. "From magic, swords, arrows,....explosions," he said with a smile.

"It seems like a gift to most people, but its not really. Yes I can survive, but its something I guess I'll have to do forever now."

Gawfy

Im sure there is a Limit to your healing. Alder said Im sure Your knight in shining armor will come when you are tired of living and sweep you off your feet and into ashes. Alder joked. Any other tricks up your sleeve