Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Dream for Some, and a Terror for Others (M)

Started by WolfMan, December 09, 2016, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfMan

Zod laughed at this.

"A few, but nothing magical in nature. Do you make new spells or do you have to find them?" Zod inquired, he wondered how such magic worked. If this man could blow stuff up, he wondered what other abilties he possessed.

Gawfy

A bit of both, I can mix and match to find a combination that works, but i perfer to learn from other Mages.Not all of my spells are offensive either. Alder then took out a Golden Talisman and threw it on Zod's chest. Restore He shouted as he Dragged his finger along it. The talisman parted ways as his fingers Drew over them and in a golden shower radiated over Zod. In a Flash His metal armor Mended itself and now had a unparalleled shine looking like it had just been forged. Like so he said with a aura of smug about him

WolfMan

Amazed, Zod threw him some extra coin to compensate him for fixing his once beaten armor. He hoped the work was permanent, but cared not if it wasn't, having been thoroughly amused.

"Thanks for fixing that! Thats incredible!" He rarely had the opportunity to see non offensive magic used, he was grateful to have chance to see a spell that wasn't casted at him to damage.

"So you have base spells, but you can combine them for various effects?"

Gawfy

Yeah but i try not too, the effects can be.... damaging to my well being. He said with a smile.
so why dont you show me one of your special tricks? He said as he crossed his legs

WolfMan

"Hmm, okay," said Zod. He stood up and took a step back from Alder. Looking away to the ground in concentration, Zod went on to list all the items in Alder's bag, using smell alone. Looking up, he asked, "So how did I do?"

Gawfy

Alder nodded his head as he named off every item. Too good for any human thats for sure He Took off his mask to get a breath of fresh air. I have other tricks up my sleeve but im afraid i cant show you them. My spells also come in different tiers. He then stood up. Hence the flying horse you saw back there, he then stood up. We should get moving again

WolfMan

Nodding, he arrose as well. He gathered his things and put them all into his bag. Zod slung it over his shoulder, and motioned towards the way with the least amount of sound coming from the other side.

They walked for what seemed like a long time, but walking in the woods as a way of removing the passage of time. They approached a small clearing in the woods. Taking a knee, he began to try and use his senses.

Gawfy

Alder soon was behind zod. smell anyone nearby? It was strange after the dead they left behind no one was coming after them as they where quite close to the border.

WolfMan

"Yes, there are a group of hunters moving into the forest where we just were," said Zod. He took a more battle ready stance, and motioned for Alder to crouch down with him, and stealthy walk in the direction of the boarder.

They were close indeed, but hunters were not regular soldiers or even calvary. They were foot based units designed to do just what their name implies, hunt down enemies of the state.

"They lot are different than what we encountered before. By the way they're waling, I can tell they are trained hunters and assassins...maybe both," said Zod.

Gawfy

Alder was confused. Why dont you just charge In and kill them all? I mean you can regenerate any damage you take right? Alder didnt seem to concerned  with these so called hunters roaming about. Plus We got my magic to back you up as well, this is gonna be a cake walk

WolfMan

"Aye we could, but our goal isn't to take out the whole Connlaoth army. Our goal is to escape. Those hunters carry whistles to signal reinforcements. While i have no doubt we could take them out, I for one do not wish to battle waves upon waves of enemies. We still might get detected, but we should try to signal as few as we can"

He turned to creep into the forest further yet, holding a hand out to motion his companion to stop. A hunter stood several feet in front of them. Zod silently rushed and plunged his blade through the man's back and out of his chest. The short bow he was carrying dropped to the ground, as he gave a weak but sure whistle from the one he held in his mouth. He used his last breath to accomplish this feat, before collapsing onto the ground.

Although the whistle wasn't heard by many, he could sense the pattering of more hunters converging onto their location. Zod turned around, and motioned forwards to a bush with his head. He dove into it, and waited for the hunters to find their kin.

Gawfy

Alder Hopped into the bushes with zod.  Well i think the time for stealth is past. He said. If one of them already alerted the others they would call for reinforcements Alder activated the Gauntlets he was wearing and they took on the Flame form they held earlier  when he and zod fought. Whats the plan big man?