Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A new place, a new beginning.

Started by DreadFate, December 09, 2016, 07:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadFate

Brixius then stepped back, surprised the guy still walks around normally even with his spear in the man's side, he then starts coughing from the smoke that went up in his face "Sheesh, was a arrow meant to come out or something? guess I was being too arrogant." Brixius knew he would've died if that was a serious battle, if the man really wanted to kill Brixius, he could've.

"Do you want me to make the spear disappear? I don't want to if it makes you bleed out, but it's up to you." Brixius then looked at where the man was going before. "Trying to find a town or something? I'll need to get something to wipe this stuff off my face."

Gawfy

Gawfy ripped the spear from his side and casually tossed it to the boy. Its alright, It would take Ten more spears to put a damper on my mood, 20 more to slow me down His helm retreated back into his back. Yeah im looking for a place to sleep.

DreadFate

Brixius then de-materializes the spear that was chucked to him by the man, then he points to the town they were just at, "Why not head back then? the citizens seem to like me for saving the hostages from those bandits, so I'm sure they'll think you're okay if I say so... then there's the guards." Brixius wonders how they could get through them, since the guy did rush through a few guardsman to grab the bandit they were carrying away.

"Unless, is there a town where you were heading?"

Gawfy

There is one more town a half a days walk up from here. Thats where i plan on going He said as he started back following the trail.

DreadFate

Brixius was about to say it might be easier to sleep at the town they were just at, but already the man is walking off into the direction he pleases. Seems like Brixius can't do anything about it, so he catches up to the man and starts walking alongside him.

"So... anything to tell me while were on the way there?'

Gawfy

Anything to tell you? Gawfy repeated. Well for starters only skewer someone like you did back there if you are sure its gonna kill em. Stabbing in and getting your spear out takes time. If i didn't have my cannon i could have used my crossbow or even brought my sword around  He said as he kept walking. Im Guessing you are self taught?

DreadFate

Brixius then nods "The reason I stood there is because when someone has a spear to their side, they don't tend to move very easily. Guess I haven't met someone so resistant before." then Brixius remembers back to the time he set out, he was never taught by anyone and learned how to survive and how to fight on his own. "Yeah, I am self-taught."

Gawfy

Gawfy shook his head while he listened. Another thing worth noting when you head into battle would be that you need to be ready to do anything to win. He said as he stopped to reload his cannon. You also need to refine your technique. He then threw Brixius His Cylinder bore cleaning cloth use that to wash your face

DreadFate

Brixius wiped his face with the cloth that was given by the tall man, feeling as if his was clean, he gave back the cloth to the man "Thank you. Prepared to die? I thought that at first five years ago... but ever since I've headed into battle, I've always came out on top over the years, either killing or beating everyone I fought, at least... until I met you." Brixius looks ahead to where they were walking, wondering how far the town they're walking to is.

"Besides... I managed to kill all those bandits, that should give you a clear indicator I know some of my stuff, right?"

Gawfy

Ten ants will never stand a chance against One anteater, Bandits are cowards that find solace in Numbers. Gawfy said as he packed his rag back into its pocket. How do you view battles you head into? He asked as the town came into sight

DreadFate

Brixius visualizes back into when he fought the bandits on the boat. "Well... I have the power of teleportation and materialization with my spear, I'm careful to dodge any hits but all I think about is hitting my spear in the right spot, which would kill an opponent. Over the years I've learned how to efficiently take down an enemy with at least piercing the spear into them  once. Sometimes into the head, sometimes into the heart. Or any vital areas basically."

Gawfy

Gawfy listened intently,  What if you are attacked by somthing that isnt human? He said as the path they where walking became more worn. A lot of Things roam this world, and none fight fair.If i where in your shoes i would train, and train hard. He said as gawfy remembered his youth on the battlefields Experience is the best teacher he added

DreadFate

"And that has been my way of training..." annoyingly responding to the man, as they are at the town entrance now they stop, but before walking in, Brixius still talks. "I've been self-trained because no one else was there to train me. I was born in a small, peaceful village. Most of them never even seen a weapon in their life." Brixius thought about what the man said carefully "I... haven't really encountered any supernatural forces, I doubted that they existed at first but then I do have this spear inside me that I can materialize and teleport with... so I can't really question it."

Gawfy

You have been a mercenary this long and haven't fought anything of that nature? Gawfy said as he stopped as well. Well the first thing i would do if i where in your shoes would get some one to train with or even a teacher. You wont last otherwise.

DreadFate

Brixius scratches his head, thinking of who would be able to train him. "I haven't really got anyone to turn to about that. I only got this much fighting experience with just fighting men with swords, spears and the like. Nothing supernatural about them. I suppose when the time comes when I do fight something like that, I'll just adapt to it."

Gawfy

well when the day comes when you are to kill a beast remember that monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue. Gawfy turned to the boy.
It seems there are no vessels here either. As he looked to the docks. It seems i will be stuck here for a while, If you want some one to teach you about combat i can while I am here.

Tags: