Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Holding out (Private)

Started by Blink, December 19, 2016, 03:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Karida found herself sitting at the edge of the forest on a broken tree stump humming a happy tune. She had been by herself for quite some time now and was used to entertaining herself. In her hands was a small wooden figurine that she had ground a hole through and in its place was a leather string just long enough to wrap around her neck. Tracing the curvatures on the figure her humming stopped and a lone tear streaked her cheek. It had been months since Karida had seen Jason and she was beginning to think he had gone back on their promise. She could still remember their conversation like it had happened only a few hours before, how he swore she would never be alone again.

Even since then Karida had found herself in some trouble trying to deal with hunters threatening their territory. Going out on her own she ended up in a trap and thankfully was helped by a kind older gentleman. But afterwards when she was wounded Jason never came, he never even reached out to make sure she was okay. Still she had not given up on him and refused to believe she would never see him again. Wiping at the tear Karida then placed the figurine back around her neck holding her hand over it for just a moment before standing up. She was not quite sure where she was going or what to do next but she did know that it wouldn't be far. She would never leave the woods until she was certain he was truly gone forever.

ValamLym

Daemelia didn't take particularly long to detect the source of the desperation, a wolf, not just a normal one but an accursed wolf, one with the night. Or at-least, so the stories would go. Demons they are often compared to, but they aren't quite.

It didn't take a mind reader to know that this particular werewolf was weeping over something, no rather someone it was pitiful to say the least and it annoyed Daemelia. Being a demon of desire, she picked up emotions strongly, even when people thought them hidden her ilk caught onto them like a master hunter.

''This is just pitiful.''

Her voice echoed through the woods as the demoness didn't assume her mortal shell just yet. The voice would now grow distorted and come from close to Karida, if she double checked; it would be the figurine ''Cease your weeping.'' it would demand, its tone heavy and demonic, as if it were possessed.

With a gust of wind came a flock of black ashes, they began swirling before Karida and after a short notice began forming into the demon known as Daemelia, the beautiful creature looking down from her floating perspective as her body was created beneath her, the soft crinkling of the rings that adorned her tail being the only sound in the forest for the longest of times.

''You should let him go.'' she added coldly ''He abandoned you.''

Blink

Karida thought she was hallucinating for a moment as the voice came from the wolf figurine. Shaking her head back and forth she thought maybe she was just going crazy. Then a wind carrying black ash swept past her sending a chill down her spine. It was not so much the presence of the being that appeared before her, but the suggestion that she did not like. "I will never give him up. He... He is just lost somewhere or something. He would never abandon me!"

Taking a step towards the beautiful woman Karida tried her best to show no fear. "He promised me he would never leave me..." her voice cut itself off from a sob she attempted to push back. Lowering her gaze she stared at the ground as another tear dripped off the peak of her nose to the ground. "... he promised."

Maybe the woman was right, maybe he really did leave. What if Jason was off somewhere with someone else? What if he decided that she was too stupid or not worth his time? What if everything was a lie?

The thoughts alone made her heart hurt far worse than it had ever before. She could feel it shatter in her chest and the agony of it caused her to drop to her knees in front of the stranger. How could someone mentioning just one line to her of him abandoning her bring her to her knees so easily. She had always thought she loved him enough to never be convinced otherwise. Maybe that was her issue... she was now comparing him to her family that abandoned her years ago. How cold and heartless they were for leaving her in the cell to rot away all because they were cowards.

"No.. he didn't leave me. I just know it... he couldn't"

ValamLym

Daemelia frowned at the tender looking woman, her words and her actions betrayed how she really felt: abandoned. Daemelia floated closer, un-afraid of any kind of potential agtack, her tail swishing behind her calmly. "Dont fool yourself it is pathetic." she spoke in a neutral voice, void of emotions "You're just a girl."

She smirked and if allowed grabbed onto Karidas head squeezing her cheeks "He abandoned you." she repeated, speaking slowly as if to drill the words into her head  "He is probably sleeping with someone else right now, laughing about how pitiful you must be right now... And girl you are pitiful." she would promptly let go of her.

"Luckily for you, you met me." she smirked once more her tail attempting to curl around Karida's chest while her hands coiled around her neck and she softly suckled on Karida's neck "Why not seek revenge?"

Blink

Karida stood still as the woman floated closer to her wrapping her hands around her head and squeezing her cheeks. Something about her words were enchanting, as if hypnotizing her to believe her words. But still she resisted even as the woman spoke lies and touched her neck. "He would never do that. The only revenge I seek is that on those who have tormented and hunted my kind."

Pushing herself away she took a few steps back from the woman trying to put distance between the two of them. "He will come back.. I can feel it in my heart." Instinctively she brought a hand up to her chest pressing her palm against it just above where her heart was. "So stop trying to convince me otherwise."

Karida was a stubborn girl when she wanted to be. Perhaps it was from the years of solitude that she was so in sync with what she wanted for her life. Of course things had taken a turn ever since Jason's disappearance but she never gave up hope.

ValamLym

''You mistake this for an offer dear.'' Daemelia's tone remained neutral but her eyes showed more then enough to indicate she was dead serious. She visually smirked when Karida spoke about knowing it in her heart ''Such mortal folly. Heart's just pump the blood through your veins, it knows nothing.. nor do you.'' she floated closer again, her neutral gaze fixated on the woman ''If you want me to stop convincing you, there's only one other outcome.. I will force you to forget.''

With a flick of her finger she brought Karida into her realm, the forest around her fading into that of a much darker one, red eyes staring at Karida from every corner. If she were to try and run she'd realize the path would always lead her back to Daemelia. ''You see.. I am a demon of desire. I can sense your emotions even if you think you hide them.'' she finally landed with her feet on the ground ''Meaning that your emotions don't just disturb my slumber, but they will also attract just about every nasty demon there is in this forest.'' she smirked ''I'm probably the least nasty.''

She then lashed out, trying to grab onto Karida's skull and lifting her off the ground, showing just how strong the demoness was ''Now submit.''

Blink

"You could never force me to forget..." was all she had a chance to say before being pulled into a realm different than the one she was used to. At first she did try to run, but quickly realized any attempt was futile. Then before she knew it the woman was grasping at her head telling her to submit.

It would have been so much easier if she did, just forget it all and not feel the pain anymore. To be free of the hassle of worrying all the time about losing him. To no longer have the shadows of doubt creeping up in the back of her mind that he left on purpose. But then that would be an existence she did not want. The pain she felt was only because of the love she carried. He was everything to her, the first person to ever extend a helping hand and agree to the same future.

Jason and Karida were bonded from the moment they met whether the two of them knew it or not. From the very first moment she laid eyes on Jason her world was full of color.. full of light... full of warmth. This was the effect he had on her and this was what caused her to hold onto the hope she would see him again for so long.

"You could crush me right now if you want... but I will not submit."

ValamLym

''Oh but I can.''

Daemelia simply stated, black magics swirling around Karida's head as she finished her sentence, seconds later, Karida would feel herself rapidly forgetting about Jason, his appearance, memories linked to him and soon after her love for him, he was practically whiped from her memory and sealed away deep in her mind, only for Daemelia to unlock. The process was thorough, skipping on nothing related to him.

''There you go.''

she simply stated, smirking broadly as she stared at the previously resistant woman. She'd remember Daemelia did something, but have no idea what. A rather peculiar situation to be in. ''You should be thankful, I saved you from a liability.''

Blink

Karida felt it all slipping away as Daemelia worked her magic on her. At first she tried to gather as many memories as she could to try and lock them into her thoughts but before she could they were gone. Soon the images flashing through her mind was of a boy she could not recall, all before the images of him were gone as well. Before she knew it she was standing there with this woman saying she should be thankful for saving her from a liability.

"What am I thankful for again?" She looked confused not really knowing why she was in this strange realm to begin with. Karida tried to think back on what sparked all of this. She remembered being upset about something... and then nothing.

ValamLym

''Just that I wiped someone from your memory you did not wish to forget.''

Daemelia visually snickered, enjoying her somewhat diabolical teasing, mainly because this woman had previously doubted her powers and had now been made an example of. However, she felt like testing the woman some more, she knew she left small trials in her head, giving her the feint thought that she was missing something, or better yet someone, but she could never determine who or what, only Daemelia could unlock those memories.

''I'm sure he'll be dissapointed if he ever does return.. or was it a she? I forgot'' she spoke teasingly, taunting the woman some more. ''It should help you not to underestimate my power again.''

Blink

She wanted to be upset after learning the woman had wiped someone from her memories... but she couldn't. To be upset she would have to know why she would be upset about it, and she didn't. Even when Daemelia continued on about how he or she would be dissapointed if they ever returned did not cause Karida to feel anything. "I suppose that if this person was that important to me then they should have been here."

Something was different about the young wolf girl now. She was slightly more cold, less caring than she was before. She wasn't angry at the woman per se, but more angry at the world than anything else. Without ever having someone reach out a hand to save her from herself she had reverted back to who she was before. What Daemelia had standing before her was a girl who felt betrayed by everything and everyone. Her own family turned their backs on her not to mention any other beast that shared the same fate as hers. All of them left her to rot in that cell for too long.

She was once again hellbent on revenge towards those who had wronged her. Except maybe more so than before. Ignoring Daemelia's comment on underestimating her Karida turned to the woman with a dark look in her eyes. "I feel the need to thank you. I was clearly deluded..."

ValamLym

Daemelia smirked at the sudden change in personality, she knew she had just released another vengeful spirit that had only forgotten about its trails thanks to the thing called love. She knew she also represented that emotion, but it was also nice to represent a bit of vengeance in her work and she saw that very thing dripping from the woman in front of her, she was angry at something or someone.

''No need to thank me, you seemed to be living a lie, I rectified that.''

she simply stated, snapping her fingers and bringing the two back too Karida's previous location. ''I hope you find those that have wronged you.''