Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Humanity is Blind to True Power [HK][M]

Started by Marakai Trin, December 22, 2016, 10:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

((Rated M for copious amounts of gratuitous gore, dismemberment, and other such things))

It seemed to be a reoccurring thing. Large, green open fields, rife with life.

And Kranath, a blight of dark upon the open vista. But he wasn't alone this time.

Into the sky a fan of blood did fly as a crystalline daikatana bisected a man in twain. Rusted, patchwork pieces of armor followed the blood, sundered to fragments under the force of the thin, glass-like blade.

Here, in the Serha Plains, bandits and highwaymen were a plague. The dark man had not been aware of this until recently.

It was a very pleasant change of pace. The air reeked of blood and death, and the assassin was reveling in it.

He'd stopped in the middle of the night before, under the light of a full moon that refused the cover of clouds and had remained so for over a week. He had stopped, uncaring of what was around him. Early this morning, his meditation had been interrupted by a group of bandits, demanding he pay toll or be enslaved.

And now, those green fields were covered in red.

In slow motion, the blade came back down, and the figure holding it twisted about to impale a would be assailant creeping behind him. Taking one hand off his deadly weapon, he seized the filthy man by the throat, his crimson eyes suddenly flooding with darkness, his face covering in lines of Eldritch power, appearing cracked and broken under a web of darkness.

The man opened his mouth to sound a silent scream, as his body began to drain of life - literally. The skin pulled tight and pallid, gaunt and emaciated as necromatic power ripped the very energy from his body.

Kranath revelled in death, even as the man's life force empowered him. The last man fell from his blade, and Kranath was alone once again.

No....not alone. Keen nose picked up a scent, but he remained motionless. There was something familiar about it...something that reminded him of the darkness that remained about him at all times.

He remained still, awaiting this newcomer, curious.

Medievarad

OOC: Maybe tag M since there'll be more gore where this came from?
>>---------------<<
A trail of darkness followed. Plants withered behind the soft and light footsteps. Rot and death followed in the small figure's wake. The life in the large open fields slowly wilted and died.

Several birds fell from their flight, having died from coming too close to the aura of dread that surrounded her. And surrounding her were several undead homonculi which she had expertly made herself. The stitch marks and odd patches were more than obvious. Claws and fangs, odd protrusions. It was a grim contrast to Salem.

She saw a figure in the setting sun off in the distance. It was the person she had sought out, the aura she had followed.

The individual Tiamat had her track down. For their meeting was fated.

A soft hiss of black smoke rose in front of Kranath, thickening in volume until she stepped out. Instead of directly speaking to Kranath, she seemed to be interested in the corpses themselves, checking for their eyes, inside their mouth. Sometimes, a hum of approval was heard before the shredding of flesh as a certain usable appendage was found. And Salem had no issue with taking what she needed.

It took some time before she finally looked up at Kranath, without a sound, instead, she tapped her own head. Then pointed at his. During this, the flesh abominations had finally caught up with their mistress.

Marakai Trin

It was with great restraint that Kranath didn't open this woman from shoulder to hip, appearing the way she did. The only thing stopping him was that scent, so much stronger now with her proximity.

She smelled of the Lady. The Darkness trapped in the lunar or that even now was disappearing behind the brightening light of the sun.

Tiamat.

When she raised a hand to her head, he was at first confused, but the look she was giving him clued him in. With one hand - drenched in blood, mind, as there wasn't much of him that wasn't - he reached towards her.

Laying that bloody hand upon her forehead, he closed his eyes, those pitch black orbs disappearing behind pale lids. However, even with his eyes closed, he could still see her clearly - perhaps Tiamat's gifts had other uses.

He pushed his mind outward, feeling his consciousness extending beyond its confines to link with hers.

After all....telepathy for him was much more broad - two servants of the Dread Queen would need more...private means of talking.

Thus linked, he opened his eyes. Now red, they gleamed like twin pools of blood, but did not glow.

Who....are you. You smell of the Lady...and a human. What claim do you have in her power?

Medievarad

Crimson, cat like eyes also closed as the blood stained hand pressed against her forehead. She rose her own hand, soaked as well as his due to the rather rough handling of the corpses from before. She felt him attempting to connect to her, which was rather useless. She could easily invade his mind, she needn't his consent.

This was purely due to her respect for him. Another being marked by Tiamat's influence. And while she was still so young. She had recieved such vast power.

She looked up again to meet his eyes, the feline eyes having something playful to them. Inclining her head, the female took a step backwards.

I am Salem. Tiamat spoke to me when I was young. And recently. I was tasked with finding you.

Marakai Trin

Kranath's eyes widened, though almost imperceptibly. A human, in Tiamat's service? Preposterous. But....his senses didn't lie to him. And by the scent of utter darkness about her, it had to be true.

But it didn't mean he had to like it.

Why? Why find me? And why you? You're a human. Not a dragon, not a demon. A human. What do you bring to the table that makes you so grand? These abominations? These golems? Don't make me laugh.

That last word would sound as a hateful hiss, making his discontent known. As a rule, he despised humanity as whole. They were beneath him, they dared breath in the presence of dragons. He had recently discovered they dared ride dragons, as if they were beasts of burden.

Needless to say, he was disgusted. But despite this, there was nothing he could do. Tiamat's influence was not his to interfere with.

Medievarad

It was her choice, I embraced it, she answered, a playful smirk appearing on her lips. She turned around to tend back to the corpses, the golems assisting in taking the pieces, some tearing off their own limbs and attaching new ones.

My flesh constructs fight better than any seasoned warrior, she glanced back up at him, the smirk still present. And it takes me but the blink of an eye to crush a mind like yours. A giggle followed. Both haunting him mentally and being present in the physical world aswell.

That does not mean I don't admire you. Tiamat told me about you, I am... Positively impressed by your capabilities.

Marakai Trin

When he spoke now, it was verbally. His eyes resumed their void-like qualities, stark black and soulless. His voice dripped with abyssal power, black silk soaked in venom. She would, in time, find that he was not easily intimidated, if intimidation was possible at all.

"You will find my mind is not so easily crushed, human. Tiamat may have given you power, but I also have power that is my own, beyond that of simple physical ability."

His hands began to swirl with darkness, a black, solid blob that writhed seemingly with a life of its own.

"The power Tiamat grants is not boundless..." he said, even as the area around them seemed to be drained of light, despite the suns steady advance into the sky above.

"But natural ability can be. Tiamat gives me power over death and fear...but my own power is that of shadow, and you will find my mind wrapped in it always, and absent of your searching if I so choose."

The darkness evaporated into nothingness, and light returned.

"Do not assume power over me, and I will respect the same, even if it is only Her will."

Medievarad

The soft smirk turned into a surprisingly warm smile as she stepped forward, softly grasping his hand and intwining her fingers with his.

You can change reality, which is admirable, Kranath. But I can change your reality. I promise not to due to respect, but your believes, your life and your perception are all mine to decide.

She glanced up at him, I am a mute.

Yet she suddenly opened her mouth to speak with a voice so soft, so soothing and oh so dangerously alluring. "But I can make you believe otherwise. I will not assume power over you, nor will I ever use them on your mind. Realise only that I am on equal grounds to you, Kranath."

She smiled softly again. I am here because the lady instructed me. Attempt dialogue with her if you do not believe me.

Marakai Trin

Kranath did not need to attempt to contact the Dread Queen - it was then that She made Her presence known to them both, Her silken voice penetrating deep in their minds, smooth yet so hauntingly dark.

She speaks truth, Kranath. I sent her to you...you are my Will upon mortal soil, and she is my Voice. You together are Avatar and Priestess, and you will work towards my goals.

Kranath's eyes flared brightly, and slowly he fell to knees, his face turned towards the moon, now invisible behind the light of the sun.

"My Lady...your will be done."

See to it. And know this - ANY contest of power between the two of you will result in your deaths. I will not tolerate infighting between my Children.

Kranath's eyes closed, and his head lowered. "Of course, my Lady..."

Medievarad

The smile only grew softer as she heard the voice of Tiamat echo throughout her conscience. It as sweet and soothing. A voice that had directed her in the past, had returned at once. She didn't speak, no, it wasn't her place to speak now. It was Tiamat's.

She glanced up at the sky. Ofcourse, my lady, it is always a pleasure to hear your voice, she answered through telepathy, before she glanced at Kranath, then in the distance.

I think you angered their friends. Allow me. she stated, turning around to face what seemed like a band of at least twenty. And she resolutely strode towards, the flesh abominations joining by her side.

Marakai Trin

Kranath slowly came to stand, moving a hand up towards the handle of his daikatana, eager for more blood, to show this petulant excuse for a human what-

But no...

He lowered his hands, and crossed them over his thin chest, his expressionless face cracking into a bloodthirsty smile. He saw the group approach, appearing more elite and gilded than their slain brethren. Their armor appeared more durable than those others, their weapons appearing of a better make.

Let her handle this - he may not be able to kill her, but that didn't mean he had to help, either.

Medievarad

It seemed the rather young magus was fine on her own. The small group of four flesh constructs launched themselves at the warband, shredding through their armour with shapr claws and teeth. One of the constructs even solidly froze one of the bandits and proceeded to fight not with it's fangs, but with ice magic.

And slowly, Salem made her way towards the group, plants rotting after each step. An arrow flew right for her, aiming to end her life then and their. But it never hit.  The arrow corroded inches away from her face.

Several of their cavalry units broke formation and charged towards her, pikes brandished. A soft grin as she looked up to them.

Each and every bandit dropped from their horse, screaming and writing in pure agony, shivering and drooling as their minds were crushed, the horses halting before her and panicking at her very presence, making their swift escape into the woods.

And she didn't stop walking she made her way over to the infantry that was currently losing to her flesh constructs. Reality itself shifted and massive pillars shot from the ground, with ancient, runic etchings in them. A deep red energy connecting them.

Her golems retreated, slipping through the pillars. The soldiers, by now in complete dread, tried to escape, but smacked against the red veil that hung before them.

And slowly, their life was siphoned, sent towards herself and her golems, their wounds slowly healing.

Marakai Trin

Kranath watched these proceedings with interest, one brow arching as she summoned some sort of life-draoning wall from the earth.

Her magic truly was powerful. She used Tiamat's gifts to their full potential, and the avatar was actually impressed.

He began striding forward, arms still crossed over his chest. He shouldered past one of her patchwork golems, an eye catching sight of a sword mark sealing itself closed as he moved past it.

So, she could heal them. AND they - or some of them - could wield elemental magic. Impressive.

Kranath found himself standing before her, making his presence obvious. He looked her dead in the eye, his face completely expressionless, two pairs of crimson eyes locked on one another.

He gave a solitary nod, acknowledging her power, but nothing more.

Medievarad

Salem glanced up at Kranath, giving him another one those playful smirks, her feline eyes only reflecting the rather casual and playful demeanor. It was more than obvious she enjoyed slaughtering her foes. She glanced over at one of her rather spiky golems and walked over, breaking one of the sharp protrusions off and heading over towards the still screaming or drooling, braindead cavalry that had attempted to attack her.

And without any sign of remorse, she went about finishing them off, though not without holding for just a moment to relish their tortured minds one last time.

As soon as she was done, her flesh constructs went about gathering the corpses up, shredding them to bits and taking anything that might be useful.

As soon as most corpses were reduced to nothing but unidentifiable heaps of gore, the same black smoke appeared, her constructs slowly disappearing into it.

Salem turned to face Kranath again, smiling softly. What happens next?

Marakai Trin

I don't know, he said, glancing to the side. We find others to slay, and send their souls to Tiamat.

He lowered his arms, and turned his head to look at her wall of death, still standing and glowing brightly.

You may wish to dismiss your artifice. Unless you want to attract tge attention of the local military....or, now that i mention it, leave it up. Their souls will make excellent additions to Her power.

Medievarad

We need a home, however, a base. Something we can return to, she answered, glancing up at the enormous monument, before back at Kranath. Others will perish through this indeed. Be it due to human curiousity.

A soft, almost tired sigh as she stretched her back. By no means am I above human limits. I still feel fatigue and hunger, so I require rest.

She glanced up at Kranath. So, we require a home.

Marakai Trin

Kranath arched a brow, looking at her strangely. A home? That was something he hadn't had in... centuries. And the Aerie remained locked to him.

Suddenly, a bloodthirsty smile cracked his face as an idea struck him.

A home I cannot provide, though we coukd take one.

Medievarad

Then you can easily provide, she answered with a soft smirk. It would however put us out. People would realize exactly where we are.

She let out a soft chuckle. While it would be amusing, it might be an unwise decision.

Marakai Trin

Kranath's bloodthirsty grin did not fade, despite her refuting his thought. This one knew what he was doing.

You forget who I am, Salem...the only people who will know a family is dead is the family itself. And...well, let's just say that my ability to manipulate death is a little more... straightforward than yours.

The grin then faded, and he turned to look into the distance. He had a plan forming, a way to give them at least a temporary respite so that she could rest.

You just leave it to me. We'll find a place for you to rest, and I'll empty it out. A farm, somewhere with constant day-to-day activity. That will be simplicity itself.

Medievarad

I do not, she answered easily, shaking her head. There will always be ties, my dear Kranath. That is all I have to say in the matter.

She joined next to him, clasping her hands behind her back. Mind sharing your ideas?

Tags: