Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fallen Island [M]

Started by Codex, January 06, 2017, 10:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

DISCLAMER!
This thread is part of an ongoing mini event hosted by me! Anyone who didn't sign up will not be allowed to post in this thread!

For Those Involved:
Posting order will begin with me (obviously) and then be created as people post. Once everyone has posted once, that will be the new order. I MUST NOTE HOWEVER! Me, @Dad 76  and @Whim are all located on the same ship during the start of the plot. So we will each post twice before we wake up on the island. Our 2nd post will have us do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the sun fades, and the shadows stir, he will send out the lure.
When the clouds grow, and the light caves, fate will shift and swallow the strays.
Upon the rocks and sand, the beacons will begin to show. Upon the peak of the sea, the shades will begin to flow.
A conflict of time, as the stars above leave the darkness. The shallows will rise to the depths of their heartless.
To unlock the dark secret of the destined... They will awaken the Fallen Island...

Secret Of The Fallen Island...

Mythica's hand slammed down on the table. "What do you mean the shipment was moved? Ye be trying to swindle me? Aye! IS that it?" She yelled angrily, her violet eyes flaring with rage as she stared at the man at the other end. He was kneeling with chains around both his arms and legs. The whole cabin creaked and groaned with the man's nervousness as the sweat from his bald head began to drip. "N- No! Not all miss Soulsca-"
"Captain Soulscar!" She snapped. "C- Captain Soulscar! I swear I'm telling you the truth! My contacts in Arca assured me the shipment would pass through Kunata!"
"AND?"
"A- And at the last minute... The raven came telling it was headed for Yoreiq instead..."
"Ugh!" Mythica would turn around and face the large expansive windows at the back of the cabin. It was foggy. Not of her doing. "Those fuckin backstabbers! I swear I'll march my way straight to yere city of Arca and kill them myself!" She yelled, pulling out her cutlass and stabbing the table as she let out her rage. The man flinched as she did so. "2 Months of planning for the biggest score of the year, and it all goes down the fucking drain! Just like that! DO you know how hard Shade Salts are to find?!" The man didn't answer as he simply shook in fear. Mythica sighed and nodded her head to the direction of the two larger pirates holding the quivering man on the ground. "To the brig..." She said coldly. They nodded and lifted the man to his feet, shoving him at sword point out the door onto the large expansive deck. This was the Seraph's Requiem. One of the best ships on the Hivan Ocean. Although most who witness its grey sails tended to shake in fear more then gaze in awe.

Mythica, the captain of this legendary vessel was near the stern, next to the wheel. With her arms crossed, she stared ahead at the foggy waters, and then above. The Seraph's tattered flag flowed silently in the soft breeze. It depicted a music note made up of a skull. A fitting visual for the galleon's name. However, she couldn't stare at it forever, she had other things to worry about. "OI! Where's my fucking assistant? I need some rum! And somebody wake up my god awful drunk of a mate and tell him to get his fucking ass in the captain's quarters!" She began to yell, walking down the steps onto the main deck, and slamming open the doors to the captain's cabin once again. Inside she slumped down on the large red chair located behind the expansive desk. And lifted her boots up onto its frayed edges. She leaned her head back for a few moments, closing her eyes trying to calm herself. What was with her bad luck lately? Someone kept feeding her false information, which lead empty raids, which only brought in less coin for her and her crew. Whoever this was would pay dearly for all the trouble Mythica had to go through. Not only with false leads, but fucking ambushes by the Serenian Navy. There's had been a few close calls, and one battle was almost as bad as the Skirmish of Summervale, but not quite. Someone was out to get her however, and she had a few ideas as to who it may be...

Salzem

With the last boat sailing off into the horizon, so too did Silver and Aeizith slip off away from the shore. They had both chipped in for a little trip together, as friends more or less to just go out and explore. With all the earnings the two had saved up over a lot of dangerous work, the two had bought passage on a passenger ship on it's way across the ocean. It was so crowded... there were so many people all moving about... They all seemed as curious and and eager to get where they were going as Aeizith was nervous and uncomfortable, the large crowd not doing him any favors either... The only thing keeping himself grounded, his ice from flooding out and from being swept away with the tides of people was the hand of Silver intertwined with his... Still... he couldn't stand being with all these people on the top deck... the noise was madness to his still fresh vampire ears, the smells of sweat and salt wracking his senses seemed to spite him as well...

"Hey..." He murmured, leaning in close so that his nervous, gentle voice could be heard among this crowd. "I-I'm gonna go below... um...  i-it's too loud up h-here...." And, with that, the little ice dragon would start making his way to the door that lead to the downstairs, with Silver following him or not... One deck below was dark, illuminated from the sun through the cracks in the ceiling and the lanterns posted in each room... Each one of them was required to sleep in a hammock... It was a soft, smooth bit of furnature, but the little ice dragon would have given anything for a bed. Between the rocking of the boat and the rocking of this thing, he thought he was going to be sick. Still, he rested his head on the one pillow they provided, slipping into his the little swinging sack, the sides sprouting up as he placed his weight in the center.

"T-there's s-so many p-people...." He whispered to no one in particular, Silver, if she was there to listen. "T-they are all s-so loud.... the water... s-so s-salty... I-I didn't expect th-this..." But then he smiled, a grin as shaky as the boat on the water... it was like he could feel each wave splashing up against the hull of the boat... surprisingly soothing... the sound, the small impact as it radiated through his little hammock... it was nice...

"B-but th-that's okay.... I-It's all okay.... It's o-only supposed t-to be a w-week, right...?" He chuckled to himself a bit, trying to imagine having the integrity to put up with this for a full 7 days and not vomiting over the side like some had a little earlier... In fact, if one listened closely, they could still hear the guttural noise of people throwing up their breakfast over the side... that... that was going to be the hardest to ignore.... The little dragon sighed in resignation, wrapping himself up warmly in his winter coat and closing his eyes in an attempt to get some sleep...

Aeizith awoke as his head slammed into the floor of the boat. He was never good at sleeping in these things... they were too unstable and he tended to shift around... Rubbing his head, he looked around the cabin as he got up, surprised to find no one was awakened or even responding to the noise. It was an eerie, dead silence with nothing but the boat's creaking wood and the water splashing up against it's hull

"S-silver...?" Aeizith asked, only to be met with silence.... No one but him was on the lower deck and no one above heard him... The little ice dragon flinched at the frightening noise of quiet, but he slowly began to move about the cabins, checking every room, every hammock for any sign of anyone... to find no one... Why was no one down here...? What had he slept through...? His fear only rising in his gut, the little ice dragon made his way up the stares and up to the door that lead to the top deck. He pushed on the door and encountered resistance of a kind... it gave a little under his push, but nothing more... He applied a little more force, then a little more, until the door was open just enough for him to squeeze out and what he saw terrified him:

What was blocking the door was the body of a sleeping woman, black haired and in formal attire. Around him, a mysterious white fog had enveloped the boat, covering screaming people as they ran for ever-shrinking safety, some even throwing themselves overboard to escape. Aeizith stared in horror around him as people began to drop like flies when touched by the white mist, backing away slowly towards the door as it encroached on his position.

"S-sliver!" he called out for his companion, desperate to find her in this chaos.

Medievarad

Flint glanced up at Mythica from the wheel. He had taken control of the ship because he was bored. And not too drunk, having ushered whoever was in charge before away.

Life was good. He had finished his own flask of rum already when a rather pissed off Mythica asked for her assistant and rum. Flint didn't answer to it, he just leaned against the wheel with a soft smirk. "You look good when angry.. And sober," he stated after a short while, still smirking.

Then his attention was back to the man her crew was dragging across the deck.

Speaking tactics and briefing was always fun. He basically had to do nothing and could drink another person's booze. And now he was leisurely controlling the Seraph's embrace. Something he'd never allow with the Juggernaut, which was docked far away. His crew was overjoyed to get a shore leave. He did wonder how much of them would be either dead or imprisoned when he returned, however.

Gawfy

Son of a bitch Gawfy said as he watched the Passenger ship sail away. Two weeks he had been on these islands and a week was walking to find a way off, and there went the last ship. He sighed as he wandered in to a tavern and filled up his flasks. He waited till the fishermen in the bar got nice and drunk before plopping a substantial amount of gold in front of them to pay for a ride out of this Mosquito infested island. Half an hour later Gawfy had set sail with four drunk Fishermen who continued to party even while sailing. While doing so they ignored a heavy fog that started to roll in and sailed right into it. Gawfy sitting the the crews quarters was jotting down today's events in his trusty Journal. He Peered out the window and noticed the Erie fog

Whim

Ewan sat atop a barrel watching a pair of crewman hurl knives at a mounted target. He didn't fancy being arond when the actual piracy was afoot. Otherwise being the Seraph's cabinboy wasn't horrible; not that he was eager to stay forever. Besides the odd teasing from the crew he was looked after so long as his chores were finished. The deck was swabbed, Mythica's cabin cleaned, and the afternoon mostly was his.

"Can I try again? You promised to teach me!"

"Har! Last knife ye tossed went into the ocean. Buy yer own if ya want to play."

He gave the crewman a petulant look, prompting laughter. But they all grew quiet as Mythica passed. The captain was in quite a mood from the latest clash with Serendipity's navy and now she wanted rum. Ewan hopped off the barell and knocked on her door; he dared not enter unless she said to. Once inside the boy trotted to the liquor cabinet and filled a flask with rum. He chose what was supposed to be one of the better vintages and poured generously.

"Here ya go, captain. Anything else you need?" the boy stood at attention, carefully holding the lacquered hip-flask with both hands. Being property of a pirate captain took some getting used to. He supposed if he was to be a cabin boy he may as well be a good one. Still, Ewan hesitated before blurting his question. "You reckon we could afford a proper magic book for me? I-I mean I'd be more useful that way you know. Not that I'm lookin' to get out of scrubbing floors or anything," he smiled innocently.

Of course coin and resources had been tight lately. The waters were well patrolled and their targets wary. Likely the reason his wardrobe consisted of a grain sack with holes for his neck and arms.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

With a wet *CRACK*, the man Griselda had been sent to kill fell to the floor, neck twisted beyond the limits of the human body. The large woman looked at her handiwork and shrugged. It was an unusual task for her boss to give her, that was for certain. Hildegarde Von Musel hadn't told her anything about this man or why he was being killed, and Griselda didn't ask questions- she was physically incapable of it after all. Killing somebody on their personal fishing boat while in the middle of the ocean was likely the strangest request Griselda had ever gotten however, and it was one the rare occasions where she wished she could speak just so she could ask what this guy had done to make her so upset.

Deciding to push these questions out of her mind, Griselda took the man's wallet and threw his body overboard, as she had been instructed to do. It suddenly occurred to her that with it's former owner resting on the sea floor, this boat was now hers. Griselda smiled; she had always found the idea of becoming a pirate romantic. Playing pirates had been her favorite game when she was a child, mostly because it gave her an excuse to beat up the other kids. Now that she had her own boat, what was stopping her from living out that fantasy?

A sudden chill broke Griselda out of her daydreaming and caused her to shiver. She looked out at the horizon and saw a cloud of fog rolling towards her boat- or was she rolling towards it? Griselda decided it would be best to head inside the boat's small cabin to wait it out- then she would try to find another boat to rob.

ValamLym

Gweyr smirked as she looked over the horizon in the distance, she and K'laxicx had quite the journey behind them but now it was all time to relax. They had hitched a ride on a massive transport vessel, although ''hitching'' was a big word. Corpses littered the ground around them and K'laxicx  was laying back chewing on the bodies.

She had of course let part of the crew live, under the false pretense that they might survive if they obeyed. Of course, they wouldn't. Gweyr wasn't keen on letting people slip through her clutches. As such, she'd kill them the moment they would reach their destination. After a few hours of sailing one of the crew members came walking down, informing her of an incoming fog. Why did that matter?

''So, keep going.. I dont have all day.'' K'laxicx's chirping made Gweyr roll her eyes ''Okay, we do.. but hurry up anyway. Gluttonous spider...'' she huffed, deciding she'd fetch something to eat herself. She didn't really plan anything out beyond this point; the hunt would obviously come to them, she'd find a powerful foe to fight.. Maybe even the legendary Kaine, now that would be something.

Blink

This was what she needed, a getaway to somewhere other than where she had been. And who better to travel with than the young dragon hybrid she had met only weeks ago. In their time together Silver had learned many things about this boy, but the most important one being that he was a good companion to keep around. Aezith was more than just a friend, he was her newfound solidarity. The girl's attention was then pulled away by Aieizith stating that he was going to go below deck. It made sense, that all of these noises and people were too much for him. He was a naturally timid person and the hustle and bustle of a passenger ship obviously was just too much.

Still she could not help but giggle when he mentioned that this was only going to last for a week. "Go get some rest buddy. I will come and get you when things have calmed down a bit up here." From there Silver smiled and winked at him before turning away to look at the commotion on deck. Everyone was in a bit of a stir, it was hard not to be when they had just departed and everyone was trying to figure out what to do or where to go. Silver on the other hand had been on a boat before, many times in fact. Long distance travel was a staple in her previous life. The way the waves knocked against the boat was nothing more than noise, no ill feelings coming from it whatsoever.

As the hours passed and the sun had just began to set in the sky creating a beautiful hue of oranges and reds Silver leaned against the railing of the boat. The way the sun reflected off the blue ocean water was a beautiful sight all in its own. But then her eyes squinted as she attempted to focus on something in the distance. Just then a call from the crow's nest above sent the crew into a panic and Silver herself felt a twinge of panic set in. It was then that the passengers caught on as the fog seemingly grew closer and larger. Just before the fog would hit the boat Silver stepped back from the railing only to be bumped into several times by panicked travelers.

In the chaos Silver was able to find out quite quickly though that the passengers at the front end of the ship were dropping as soon as they were enveloped in the fog. They seemed to be breathing, perhaps even sleeping. Taking matters into her own hands Silver cast out a gust in an attempt to push back the fog as best she could. It only seemed to help momentarily though as the fog just pushed back. And then Silver herself was overtaken and she collapsed next to the main mast leading up to the sails and crow's nest. The last thing she would remember seeing was other bodies dropping beside and around her before everything went dark.

joylss

The sun stirs it's astral awake, for above these dismal, leaden clouds starks outright a misty day. One would not oft perceive a merchant's ship to course through serene waters when the southeast wind takes a saunter amid these hazardous seasons. Albeit, the salient prospects of medicaments is rendered profoundly scarce were it not for sailing ships that dislodges itself from the ports of respective kingdoms. Nasrin, son of Pelgius, a practitioner of paramount doctrine deigns his status who ranks amid the noble caste on a wayward journey to redeem his rightful responsibilities to the reverence of his honourable name.

Said doctor whose hands now rests upon the ship's foremast quivers in veritable gesture as the his dumbfounded captain incites doubt through the utter of his speech. Seamlessly has bountiful clouds of mist amassed before them in unexpected foresight, gathering before the group as per a ghastly storm awaiting the arrival of its desired victims.

Soon, the sound of troubled footsteps thumps the planks of the merchant ship not without the heedful watches of his attendants, as the young heir of Caileth's house swivels his fingers to join the captain's on the wheel. Disconcerted whispers is kindled over stalwart shoulders of boarded men, profound and unsettled rattling radiates among the crew as if perturbed by the sudden rise of eerie notion - that the very decry of fog shall manifest into a fallacy that beheld a sort of ill-omen down the spines of its beholders.

Soon, the road ahead becomes unforeseeable, even with his captain's renowned experiences of endless sea travel and wetland escapades; Nasrin frowned scathingly upon their apparently circumstances - suppose he should cease his adamance and dispense his captain's counsel a veritable thought. Call the man a persistent wit, but he is not merciless to the welfare of his steadfast subordinates. Albeit, before time proffers the liberty for him to relay porting orders ---- wooden timber vibrates beneath his feet in a most dastardly manner, as the helm of the ship drives head-on into the detrimental prick of a colossal pinnacle.

Iridescent

"How are you holding up, son?"
Adrian looked up when captain stopped next to him. The young mage had been staring at the vast and endless water surrounding the small sailing boat. He smiled briefly.
"Good. I missed being at sea," he admitted and the captain laughed. He slapped Adrian on the shoulder amicably.
"Why do you think I've been doing this for years now?"
"Fair enough."

The man went back to his duties. While Adrian had helped around on the ship during the travels, most of the time the crew worked faster and more efficiently without someone who knew little about sailing trying to help.
So, Adrian spent a lot of time on deck, simply enjoying the salty air, the crashing waves and, on good days, the sun on his skin.

Right now it wasn't overly sunny, but the temperature was pleasant and Adrian still very much enjoyed being on deck. His messy, reddish hair was swept every which way by the wind and he could taste the salt on his lips. His entire posture was relaxed.
Wouldn't have minded if this trip would take three weeks instead of two, he thought.
He suppressed a yawn. He was about to get some rest below decks, when he saw something in the distance that made him frown. His jaw tightened and he looked over his shoulder.
"Captain!" he yelled, but it seemed that the man had already been informed by one of his men, as he was rushing towards the side of the ship.
"What is that?" Adrian asked, his voice tense. The fog in the distance wasn't the white-grey mist that they'd seen a lot in the last two weeks, it was green. It wasn't normal, that was for sure.
"No idea, but we're steering clear from that," the captain answered grimly.
"Never seen anything like it," Adrian muttered, mostly to himself. He took a deep breath, trying to calm the mixture of anxiety and fascination rising up. Part of him wanted to investigate, but his instincts screamed for him to stay away. Every alarmbell in his head went off. Especially since 'steering clear' was definitely not working.
"Come on, we gotta move faster!" he heard someone yell. The green fog was closing in at an alarming pace. Someone swore. Adrian could hardly move. He stared at the mist, his heart racing.

And then it reached them. Adrian let out his breath. This didn't seem so bad. Was this what they'd been so worried about? But then the first sailor fell down and Adrian himself started to go lightheaded. Within moments the mist had consumed the ship to the point where Adrian could barely make out anything beyond silhouettes. His body was starting to feel week, he sank to his knees. Moments later he blacked out.

Codex

"Don't start with me..." Mythica growled at Flint at his comment, obviously not in any kind of mood for his flirtatious gestures.

Mythica continued to lay her head back against the chair as the boy entered her cabin. She'd sigh as the glass was poured and she'd grab it, standing back up in the process, walking over to the back of the cabin staring out the windows. Taking a swig she'd stare out into the fog with a hateful glare. That's when the boy would speak up once again. She'd continue staring outside as he spoke, letting him finish, she'd turn to meet his gaze with her violet eyes. Her eyebrow raised. "And what's the first thing I told you when you came into my service?" She asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice. She'd walk past him, opening a large glass cabinet. Inside was her long, silver cutlass. A sword passed down to her from Mythica's father, and previous captain of the Seraph's Requiem.  Jario Groven. She'd sigh, taking it out and strapping it against her waste. "Take what you can, and give nothing back." She'd finish, turning to him with a hand on her hip. "Anything a man finds while he spends time on this ship is his. So long it ain't something I want." She'd snicker. "Therefore, you want a magic book? You'll have to acquire one yourself." She'd tell Ewan, slumping back in the large chair, finishing off the glass. "After all, we're pirates. We take what we want. Noticed that no one has ever told you to stay below deck during our raids? You're more then welcome to participate in the bloody skirmishes, and if you survive, maybe you'll find what you're looking for on the enemy vessel before I sink it into oblivion." She'd snicker again.

Suddenly, the door to her cabin opened, and a tired looking sailor walked in. Her glare returned and she stood up. "What the fuck took you so long?" She'd growl. "I was sleeping." He'd shrug. "You still have your friend in Arca?" She'd ask. "Aye, he's still running trades."
"Good." She'd grumble, pulling a feathered quill from its inkwell and a piece of parchment paper. She began to scribble down a note before handing it to the man. "Now you make sure this gets to him. We can't affo-"
"CAPN!" Suddenly, Mythica's first mate came rushing through the doors. "Cap'n! We have an unnatural fog bank rolling in." Mythica's eyebrow raised "What do ye mean?" He'd hesitate. "I- It's green." With that, Mythica would stand up and walk around the desk and shove past the two pirates and look out over the railing of her ship.

In the distance a maasive bank of fog came rushing towards them, and he was right. The fog was green in color. Her eyes widened as she turned and rushed up the stairs. "HARD TO STARBOARD! STARBOARD! THAT FOG ISN'T NATURAL!" She'd yelll, her hands began to manifest a magical energy, the wind whipping around them. She'd turn her palms around as the Seraph began to turn to outrun the green invader. She'd grunt, attempting to push it back, but to no avail. "Grr. This is magic! Mine isn't working against it." The Seraph would begin full speed, trying to outrun the approaching cloud. Mythica doing all she could to slow its advance, while hastening her own. But nothing seemed to work! Within an instant, the fog picked up speed and completely engulfed the ship! As soon as it entered her lungs, Mythica could tell something about it was very wrong. Her head began to go blank as her legs shook. Before long, she fell to her knees. The entire crew would collapse as well. One by one they hit the deck, completely knocked out cold. Until Mythica was left alone, holding onto the railing trying to resist the urge to fall. However, it wouldn't work. The magic had overtaken the pirate, and all she could see was darkness...

Her eyes would suddenly open as a blinding light phased them... Nothing but the sound of the cool breeze, and the nearby splashing of waves could be heard. She felt sand beneath her back as she stared up at a cloudless sky... The hot sun bearing down on her. What had happened? Where was she? Mythica would silently grunt before sitting up. Staring straight at the tree line of a tropical island... Stumbling to her feet, the girl's eyes widened, turning to see nothing but the endless ocean. No sign of her ship anywhere! "How..." She'd simply mutter, before a noise caught her ears. She'd turn to the direction to notice the large expansive beach, the entire thing was littered with the bodies of other sailors. They'd be struggling to get to their feet, and seemed just as surprised as Mythica was to see this island. Upon closer inspection, she recognized many of these sailors to be pirates from her crew, but many she'd never seen before in her life. What was going on?! Flint! She needed to find Flint!

She'd lumber through the sand, hand on her cutlass. Spotting her first mate, Maul, recovering, she'd simply kick him in the shoulder as she walked passed. "Get up.." She'd grumble. "Cough! Wh- What happened? Where are we?" He'd sputter, standing up and looking at Mythica's back as she looked out over the beach. "I have no idea... But it seems we're stranded..."

Salzem

"Silver!" Aeizith yelled into the fog as it overtook him, nothing but the hiss of the waved crashing against the boat as he fell unconscious. The Frost dragon awoke in a surf to his skin on fire, all along his face, his arms, it all burned under the Sun's violent rays. For the first few moments of his awakening, all the ice-dragon knew as pain... He howled and screeched as he attempted to conjure his icy magics to put out the blaze, but to his manic surprise, he could feel nothing... Not his power, not his natural cold, just his insides and outsides boiling, searing under the evil ball of fire in the sky. With flames crawling along his cheeks now, the young dragon stumbled into the shade of a grouping of trees upon the sand, thrashing about in the dry, loose earth in an attempt to put out the blaze. By the grace of every god in existence, the dragon managed to survive the surprise assault of the sun, but his skin was seared black in patches across his face and limbs, cracked and bleeding with his hair singed dark near the bottom and top.

It didn't take very long for the little ice dragon-vampire to be threatened with shock, especially with a steaming pink/red blood erupting from his charred, papery flesh with every twitch, every movement he made. It was pain incarnate... everything burned... fire everywhere.... it was all he could see... All over him, eating him... maggots of dancing light.... and they split when you touch them and keep eating.... With a whimper of nothing but pitiful agony, the little ice dragon flipped his hood over his face and wrapped himself up in his heavy jacket as he shivered under the shadow of palm-leaves.

He didn't know where Silver was.... He didn't know where he was.... no one was here.... just the sun waiting for his protective barrier of the dark to fall.... The light's gaze was evil.... malicious.... searing every last drop of blood that had fallen from his body to a rancid dark ash. Hell.... hell was beautiful... tropical... hell was a deceptive, radiant creature that would rip your insides out the moment you're within her grasp... And Aeizith had barely escaped with his life... but for how long...? Between the fading of the shadows as the sun would eventually rise to midday and the pure extent of his internal and external burning, one or the other will likely kill him by the end of the day, unless someone or something with blood approached him... maybe he'd be able to move again... Aeizith winced in pain, only causing more pain as the rending claws of his blackened flesh ripped him open once more... Pain.... that's all there was... pain...

Gawfy

He set his journal down to hear the revelry had died down outside the cabin. Gawfy did not mind much, after all if they Fell asleep drunk out there then surely they wouldn't mind if he took the one bunk. His sword Klanking as it hit the bed. He slumped over on his side and drifted to sleep Just as the fog begun to Enter the cabin.

He then shot up as he feel somthing breeze across his face. He was quickly on his feet as he looked around. Sun shining on what looked like a tropical island. Unbelievable He muttered as he looked around for any signs of life. Those dammed men must have robbed him and dropped him here, He was quickly proven wrong when his gold was still on him, And if they didnt rob him, they must have crashed? If that was the case why was he neatly on the beach with no Boat or boat wreck to be found. He quickly took note of every thing on him.

He Seemed to have every thing he came on with. His flask was okay, sword still on back, yesterday's provisions where still good. He sighed with relief and began walking on the beach looking for signs of life.

Medievarad

"Pfsh. It's never the time to start," Flint answered. "Doesn't take away the fact though," came theher added remark with a soft grin. Obviously not sharing her mood. Though, that was what outsiders could tell. Mythica, knowing Flint for some time now. And being as close as they were knew that he shared her anger. That he was more than angrya. He was riled upin and anxious. Fear was something Flint wasn't likely to feel. But he had been awfully silent the past days. Even with Mythica around.

She would have come to realize his covered eye was more than a special ability. It was something that connected to a greater arcane being. And he knew something bad was coming. He paid no heed to thethe sailor with the connections in Arca. He was however, immediately at a ready as Maul stormed in. The man was fully aware of the risk of disturbing his captain. So this was important.

Flint followed her out immediately, looking up at the wall of fog. If there was one thing that could know what it was.

The Captain took a deep breath and pulled up the eyepatch. Revealing the completely purple, black dotted and striped eye while closing the other. He looked at the fog before he hissed in pain and went to cover the eye with his hand, blood trickling down from the cracks between his fingers. As the fog rolled over them, Flint watched how his fellow pirates fell. The already weakened captain stumbled over to Mythica, reaching out for his love. Yet his attempt was futile as he hit the deck.

As Flint awoke, however, it wasn't peaceful. It wasn't soothing as the soft breeze that rustled the sand of the beach.

It was agony. The eye, the arcane eye he had was literally burning up and scorching his socket. Blood flowed down, his cheek and a small whiff of, smoke slowly rising from the eye. The soft hissing was more than audible. Yet drowned out by the screams of pain.

Whim

Ewan stood with arms crossed, face knitted into a pout at Mythica's admonishment. "I'm not ever gonna grow big enough to properly raid a boat ya know. And I would be a bigger help." The boy curled his bicep, hopelessly scrawny, for emphasis. He sometimes pushed it in being cheeky with the captain... often as it meant extra chores.

Then came Maul with news of the fog. Ewan dashed after Mythical and Flint to watch, hanging back near the cabin so as not to get knocked overboard. The mist was very strange indeed and certainly not vapor. Silhouettes of crewmen could be seen crumpling, and Ewan was already beginning to feel woozy. "I... I think... dragon breathe or kraken spit... or..." he tried to pipe up.

The calm breeze and hot sun made him want to sleep forever. It was only the confused shouts and moans of strangers that woke Ewan up. The beach was filled with sleeping bodies. Some belonged to the Seraphs Requiem but many did not.

The boy caught sight of Mythica calling for Flint and rushed to join her. Ewan had grown accustomed to being her littlr shadow. It might have been a good chance to escape, but he felt safe in her company.

Flint was in horrid shape when they arrived. Was something in the fog? Had he fallen on something sharp? "Mister Flint! Your eye- I mean your patch!" the boy scurried forward, wincing at the screams. Ewan extended a hand murmured a fae verse. It was meant to be a simple spell to staunch bleeding and dull plain.

Nothing happened and so the little sorcerer tried again and again. Nothing. "I'm sorry! My magic ain't- it's not working! Lemme try again I'll get it right!" He supposed he'd ought to be a good cabin boy if he were stuck one.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Griselda stormed angrily down the beach, looking for any sign of her new boat. It had to have crashed somewhere while she was sleeping, that was the only reasonable explanation for why she had woken up face down in the sand. She stopped when she noticed there were other people lying down in the sand a ways away from where she was standing. Griselda made a small "tch". This was shaping up to be a really bad day.

Rushing to where the others were, she saw that they were all going through the same groggy awakening she had not 5 minutes earlier. Griselda could hear a child whining about something, which was beginning to grate on her nerves-she hated children. Deciding she had to get away from the noise, Griselda spread her large wings and, with some effort, began to fly upwards so as to get a better view of where she had been stranded.

ValamLym

Gweyr woke up to a faint annoyance, little claws caressing her face and body, she tried to push them away, but as she did it grew more intense, shooting up she looked at K'laxicx nestled near her, chirping quietly ''Sorry.. I'm fine, I was dreaming t-'' she looked around, noting that she had stranded on a beach ''Guess dream was a big word..'' dusting herself off she got up, stroking the spider's head.

Looking around she attempted to find their ship, but it seemed to have vanished in thin air, what's worse, the magic sealed in her armor seemed to have stopped working, making it slightly heavier then it normally was. ''Well, this is proving interesting.'' her thoughts were soon disturbed by some infernal screaming, her eyes were drawn to a man crawling through the sand, his skin seared by.. what seemed to be the sunlight. Being a master killer and lover of a good fight, it didn't take Gweyr long to realize he was a vampire. ''Guess even those more wicked than us crashed here K'laxicx.'' as if on mark, the spider used a leg to lift Gweyr on top of her body, where a little tent was located.

''If our magic does not work its safe to assume nobodies does, it must be this island.. Or something on it.'' she shrugged as K'laxicx thundered through the sands, impaling those unfortunate enough to get in her way. Eventually they arrived near the vampire ''Looks like someone took the wrong boat and got himself hurt'' taking the swords from her sides she simply eyeballed the creature for a while. She wanted to kill him, but she was lost on an island and even she knew making too many enemies wasn't worth it.. at-least not until a way out presented itself. So for now she'd simply have to pick people off, or let K'laxicx rampage.

Blink

The first feeling was burning, not so much as if she were on fire than just an uncomfortable tingling. The next sense to overcome her being the blinding light shining even through her closed eyelids. Moving her fingers she could feel the sand underneath them, matter of factually she could feel it brushing her skin with each breeze of the ocean winds. Groaning she lifted an arm and placed it over her eyes to shield them from the blinding light. Silver had not quite figured out where she was, actually she was trying to remember if perhaps she had just had too much to drink and this was just the usual morning after wake up routine. Still laying in the sand she tried to playback as much as she could remember. Aeizith had mentioned going below deck to sleep away his sea sickness. Silver had decided to stay on deck and watch the sun set over the endless blue of the sea. That's when it hit her... the realization of the fog that had rolled in.

Shooting up from laying down in the sand Silver looked from side to side to see nothing but sand and sea in each direction. "What in the-" her confusion obvious in her voice. Where was everyone? Slowly she stood up brushing the sand from her legs and as much of her body as possible before placing a hand on each hip to feel for her daggers. Both of them were right where they should be. Despite her best efforts sand clung to parts of her body that she could not quite get at, so she opted for the next best option. In her mind she had conjured for a simple breeze to brush through her, hopefully getting all the sand from sticking to her skin. But to her surprise it never worked. She tried again and again only to be met with feeling of sand still sticking to her skin. Upon further attempts Silver came to the realization that not a single one of her magical abilities was useful on this cursed beach.

The self realization though was quickly shattered by the sound of voices that were carried in the wind. Even if she could not use it she would always be attuned to it, hypersensitive to everything carried with it. All of these voices were so far off and scrambled in different directions the half elfen girl could not decide which ones to follow. But then one broke through them all that sent a chill down her spine, it was Aeizith. But this one like many others was so far off that she could not even distinguish which direction it was coming from. Despite how much she wanted to there was simply no way she could guarantee the direction she chose to head in would lead to him. So instead she took the high road and started walking towards the tropical tree line of the island. Perhaps some cover would be best, who knew how long she was actually asleep in the sand and the last thing she needed to worry about was a stupid sunburn.

Once in the shade of the trees Silver began working out a plan in her head. She had at least three days before water became her number one priority, same with food. Right now it would be best to scout out a place to set up a shelter of some sort. Get a home base distinguished before going out to find him or anyone else for that matter. Who knew how long she would be stuck on this island or what kind of other beings had been washed up with her. The treeline though was where she needed to be, this she was sure of. She was  nothing more than a sitting duck if she had stuck to the open expansive beach in plain sight. Without her magic Silver was nothing more than a girl with two very sharp daggers. Even though she knew her skills were quite refined a lack of confidence overcame her when she thought of not having her magical abilities to lean back on.

Iridescent

A light groan was the first sign of life from Adrian, who was laying flat on his stomach on the beach, his reddish hair a mess and his clothes a bit disheveled. Around him, the seawater came and went and the sun was warm on his back. .
Slowly, the young mage woke up, groggy and feeling unusually exhausted. His mouth was dry and his body felt like it was made out of lead. He needed a few moments to even process that he was lying on sand and that he was no longer on the ship. He squinted until his eyes had gotten used to the sunlight.
A lot was going on in his mind at once and it was hard for a moment for his brain to pick a specific thing to focus on. Where was he? What had happened? What was that green fog? Since he felt like he'd run a marathon; how long had he been in the water? Was that screaming in the distance? What was going on?

He had worked himself up into a sitting position and let his eyes scan the island. Nothing looked even remotely familiar.
The positive thing was that now that he had come to, his mind was clearing up again and despite the slight headache, after about a minute of just sitting there, dazed and trying to make sense of it all, he snapped back to reality. Someone was screaming and on average most people - Adrian included - would agree that this was not a positive thing.
A little bit unsteady he got back on his feet, brushing the strands of hair out of his face and trying to pinpoint the source of the noise, but the small bit of beach he was on was mostly surrounded by rocks and vegetation, so he just decided to make his way towards the sound. It couldn't be far.

With some difficulty, he started making his way past the rugged rocks and the trees. He had no idea what he was going to do once he would reach the source of the noise aside from potential healing, but he also couldn't just ignore this. On top of that, he intensely hoped to stumble upon at least part of the crew.

Codex

As Mythica continued to wander down the beach with her mate, the familiar trotting of short legs could be heard near. She slowly turned her gaze from her fallen crew to her little cabin boy, Ewan. He seemed to be unharmed like the majority of her crew, so it was obvious he was no one had become injured by this little event... Whatever it was.

"Aye, help our mates collect themselves." Mythica would mutter to Maul. Still a little shaken by the whole event himself, it took him a minute to register that his captain had been speaking to him. "Aye?"
"Huh? Oh, right." Maul would mumble, before turning off to a few sailors he recognized, barking at them to get to their feet. Mythica was about to say something to Ewan, however it was cut short by the familiar scream of her lover... Flint! The captain's eyes flashed over the beach for a moment, a slight look of panic on her expression as she could tell he was in pain. Soon she found him lying on the sand, screaming as the sun tortured his eye! "Damn fool!" She'd yell, however her voice quivered more with fear than it did anger. Something that almost never happened...

Mythica would rush over to his side, falling to her knees in the sand trying to inspect his eye with worried look. She would look back up at Ewan, expecting his healing magic to help cure the screams... But nothing happened! Wasn't this kid supposed to be some sort of mage too? Did he seriously have to lose his skill when she needed it most? "Oi! What're you fooling around for? Heal him!" She yelled, clearly not in any mood for any tricks the kid could've been playing on her. But it soon became apparent that there was nothing he could do. His magic wasn't working.

Knowing her own magic had no healing effects, Mythica would curse under her breath before quickly standing up, drawing out her long cutlass. With one quick strike, the girl cut a piece of her coat off from its bottom, tearing the rest of the fabric with her hand. Making sure it was thick enough, she'd kneel down again. "Hold his head up!" She commanded Ewan, before she quickly but gently wrapped the leather around his naked eye, hoping that would halt the pain...

Tags: