Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crimson ice [M] [Marakai!]

Started by Medievarad, January 07, 2017, 05:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Then it would've also gone noticed that her heart, while he was completely frozen, had stopped. Completely. Not even the faintest of throbs were heard, or mayhaps felt. She glanced up at Kulthanos when her hand was grasped, her lips pressed together as she tried to glower at him. Yet the energy to expend to it was sorely lackig.

"Fine," was what Evelynn settled on. It wasn't like she had the energy to form any kind of worthwhile protest, let alone scream at him. Which in itself was another reason why he was correct. She was just too weak.

Marakai Trin

His thin lips curled into a smirk, and he released her hand to instead slide his arms beneath her knees and under her shoulders, maneuvering her to lay comfortably in his arms. He stood, lifting her with nearly no effort.

"If you continue to expend energy like that, every time you are angered, this will be a very short journey for us both. You are aware of that, yes?"

He began walking, speaking to her with his eyes on the path before them. "Perhaps.... There would be a say for you to change the binding between us. Tether our lives in both directions - perhaps we can share our life energy. Mine is...boundless, without being bound by yours."

He smirked again, glancing down at her now, intense blue eyes studying her face to gauge her reaction. "....why, you could be very well live forever."

Medievarad

She glanced up at him weakly, before letting out a soft huff of breath. "I won't rest until my family is avenged," she breathed softly, before closing her eyes. Which cracked openopen as he spoke again.

Watching his face, the very movement of his lips closely. She had to admit. The Kulthanos her parents had warned her about seemed far more mad. And she knew that some extent of her control allowed himto rational thought. Somewhere, she found herself unsure which he enjoyed most. The rationality or the madness.

"And relinquishing my control over you?" Her face contorted into a disgusted scowl, making her mind lean towards the latter. "I would rather not. My lifeforce may deplete, but as long as my magical essence remains.."

Marakai Trin

"I'm not saying relinquish your control. Keep your will over me - merely change the tether. I...enjoy being able to have thoughts, and feelings other than rage. And I won't lie - such a bond would allow my freedom, as well."

His gaze flicked down to her for a moment, and he noted her scowl - his face only softened in response. "And so long as I am under your directive, I remain...subdued. I carried you to your doctor...and I only lost control after I completed your command."

Medievarad

"Good. Do not lose control again. Ever." She commanded. Lips pressed down in a thin line. And to the contrary of the ice earlier, her eyes were vivid with anger. "I may consider it," she finally said with a soft huff.

"It just.. You understand you're very dangerous." She closed her eyes nonetheless andand sighed softly. "When I summoned you.. The first thing you wished to do was-.." And it was at that moment everything caught up. The events, the pain, her mother, the rape. And she curled up into a small ball in his arms.

And her temperature steadily dropped.

Marakai Trin

As he heard her command, he felt something enormous change within him, as if someone had pulled a large lever marked 'everything.' He stopped walking, and gave a violent shudder.

Inside, instinct raged as it was forcibly sealed, fighting against the command with every iota of power it held. A berserkers flame was suddenly caged, and inside it burned white-hot, condensed and ready to explode.

But the cage held, and gradually Kulthanos ceased his trembling, and his distant gaze snapped into focus, though with much less intensity than before. He had control, but...

He felt...different.

When he spoke, he sounded subdued, as if something in his psyche were changed, unable to give proper thought and emotion to his words, the inflection in his speech sounding markedly confused.

"Yes...dangerous...what...just happened to me..?"

His gaze flicked down to her when she spoke again, and he responded in kind, his tone off. "I was seeking to consume that which was closest in order to give myself a proper form. There was no rational thought to the action, merely hunger. It was the binding that redirected my hunger."

Despite the odd quality of his words and the repression of his rage - her command seemed to have changed something in him - instinctively he pulled her tighter against his chest when she curled against him.

Comfort. From a weapon...or a shield?

Medievarad

[Well. During lunch break. But the one 24 hours after the promised one. Sorry ^^']

The words reached her. His flat, emotionless tone was more than audible. She heard it. But she didn't acknowledge it. The vestiges of her mind were shaken, rapidly crumbling under a myriad of emotions. The most prominent being stress, horror and disgust.

Her mother died. Her home in ruins. Her innocence lost and purity scathed. She had no idea how she could ever cope with it.

But among all those. Anger boiled up. It was the first time ever, but she wanted revenge. She wouldn't rest until the entire house that dared to lay a finger on the pristine name of Draconia would be dead.

And she was completely obvious to how hypocrit this was of her. She commanded Kulthanos to don't give into the very same thing she was now pledging vengeance to.

"Find a place to rest," she murmured softly. "Somewhere private.."

Marakai Trin

[No big deal, dude! I'm patient.]

Kulthanos had just been figuring out the emotions and  thought processes of a quieted mind, and now his thoughts seemed mired in thick slop. Everything came so slowly.... But it came.

Of all the things he was capable of, he'd never have thought expressing himself would be so hard. He could feel it there, compressed into a white-hot point, but it was like he could only draw so much from it.

Ahead of them, he could see what appeared to be the remains of a village. He stopped walking, as images flashed behind his eyes.

Fire. Screams. Blood, hot and so aromatic, mixing with the rain and the mud. He could remember the parts of his body being torn asunder over and over again, even as he ripped apart the defenders and consumed their bodies.

This was the last village he'd come across before he'd raged on to the castle. In all this time, the ruins stood. Kulthanos closed his eyes, and sighed. When he opened them again, he found himself looking down at her.

"There's... Ruins ahead. I'll find the most intact, and you can rest within."

The most intact was obvious, a single story house of brick, it's stones scorched and blackened from the fires so long ago. The door was still left standing open after the years, and with a loud creaking, he shouldered it open and stepped within.

The furnishings within were all still there and, thankfully dry, if not a bit dusty. He explored until he found the bedroom, and he laid her down as gently as possible.

"...rest. I will attempt a fire to warm you."

Medievarad

Evelynn didn't say a word. Not even a remark of the village she had loads of friends in.

The village -he- destroyed. She couldn't speak of it. Not due to the horrors he had committed on this very place. But, due to the shock and the panick attack that had petrified her. She was all alone now. No father to protect her. No mother to teach her. No mentor or army to fall back toat.

Only an abberation that was forced to protect her. One that only now started to grasp at basic emotions. She looked up at Kulthanos as he wanted to leave again, before biting her lip. She'd regret this. "Stay," she commanded. "I.. Don't need heat."

Though, the following command came out as a croaking struggle. "Comfort me.. Console.. Me."

Marakai Trin

Kulthanos stopped mid-stride the instant the word 'stay' fluttered from her lips. He turned very slowly to look at her, his eyes glowing only very slightly in the dark confines of the room, a pale blue light.

She said she didn't need heat, yet she had been freezing in his arms. This confused him, but he paid it no mind as her next words threw him for a loop.

Stay? Comfort and console her? He supposed he was capable, but...she wanted that from him?

Whether he was of the mind to disagree or not wouldn't have mattered anyway, though, because any resistance he would have had would have been crushed anyway. So rather than voice his questioning, he merely strode toward the bed and sat beside her.

In as gentle a manner as he could manage, he slid an arm beneath her shoulders and drew her up to him, pulling her against his chest.

"...it will end, Evelynn. I swear it, with all my power, that you  will not run any longer than necessary." His other hand would slide over to rest on her stomach, holding her.

"I will see to it that your life is made right again. But in order for me to be strong, you must be strong beside me. Do you understand, Evelynn?" He turned his head just slightly, and settled his chin upon the top of her head. "Everything will be okay."

She said she didn't need heat, but regardless he continually and soundlessly cycled the mass inside of him, generating enough warmth to radiate just slightly. Doing so consumed more energy than he would have liked, but he felt as though she would want a human body to seek comfort with. Not the cold frame of a monster such as he.

He'd deal with it, and feed in the morning. He could waste himself away to nearly nothing and still survive. So he'd manage. For her.

Medievarad

The touch on her stomach seemed a bad one. She whinced softly and just curled up tighter, trying to force the horrors from behind out of her mind. She didn't reply. Or paid no heed to his words. Maybe she didn't even hear them, lost in thought, trying to catch up and cope with all she had endured. She felt dirty. But not just any amount of hot water, soaps or perfumes would clean her.

Like a stain on her soul. One she couldn't remove by any means.

"I.. Understand," came her weak retort, shivering in his arms. Not because of cold, she was impervious to it, but due to fear and anxiety. Yet her temperature did seem to stabilize due to Kulthanos' effort. And slowly, after an hour or more of hitched breathing, silent sobbing and just complete silent gazing to the nearest wall, Evelynn finally drifted off.

Marakai Trin

Kulthanos sighed. She was finally asleep...but he couldn't move without disturbing her. And he didn't sleep. Ever.

Well, at least she could get a break from the events of the day. He stared at the wall for a period of time, and then contented himself by closing his eyes and listening to her breathe.

But sleep would never come for this creature.

Medievarad

Her sleep was deep. Yet fitful, plagued by nightmares of the now previous day's occurences. Her breath hitched occasionally, sometimes she moaned or murmured something incomprehensible. Yet it was filled with either fear or discomfort.

Yet, the same always recurred. With each movement, she tried to push closer against Kulthanos, seeking out his heat. By now, her body heat was back to human standards.

She blinked awake, before softly pushing herself up from Kulthanos' chest, a small string of saliva still connecting her nether lip. Her mind and thoughts were sluggish at first, her brain slowly waking up.

Marakai Trin

He could sense the difference between her fitfull stirring and the movements she made as she awakened. When she lifted herself away from him, he opened his eyes.

"Good morning, Evelynn," came his voice from beneath her. He pulled his arms off of her, and wiped her spittle from his chest.

"...how do you feel?"

Medievarad

She glanced down at Kulthanos, frowning and rubbing her eye. "How long did I sleep?" She murmured the question softly. A deep breath followed and she shook her head. "Bad.. Repulsed.. Wounded," she answered. "I don't know how to feel."

Marakai Trin

"Hmm. I think, 'better than yesterday' would suffice, if it were true."

He sat up, a slight tremble present in his movements. He needed to feed, and soon - his body was becoming unstable due to the sheer volume of mass he'd burned through to provide her with warmth.

That heat was gone, now. He had no more to give.

"....I must hunt for something. Man, animal, I care not. Otherwise, you'll have nothing but a puddle of angry sludge to protect you."

Medievarad

She glanced up at Kulthanos as he spoke, nodding slowly. "Go," she stated faintly. "Hunt.. Then return to me.. Do not harm anyone innocent," she added, before moving to get off of him. "I will," she frowned, before shaking her head with a soft sigh.

"I'll wait.."

Marakai Trin

The weapon watched her for a  moment, the intensity of his eyes following her as she moved. It had almost seemed to him as if she were going to say something else, but he couldn't guess what.

After a moment, he gathered himself and stood off of the bed. "I'll return shortly. Don't draw any attention to yourself while I'm away."

Kulthanos stepped toward the door, and opened it with a creak of the hinges. He glanced at her out of the corner of one eye, that cold blue clearly visible. "Please."

He slipped out the door, and was gone.

Medievarad

"I won't," Evelynn answered, voice still soft and shaking. She glanced at Kulthanos as he moved out, sitting  down on the bed again.

"And be quick," she added, drawing her knees up to her chest, in order to hug them tightly.

Marakai Trin

He was already out the door at this point. He could feel various portions of his chaotic anatomy threatening to shut down and let go of the structured framework of the human body his shattered memories had provided him with.

His steps gradually quickened once he was outside until he found himself running. Quite of their own volition, his hands had lengthened and curled into deadly claws, fingers nearly like scythe blades. Prey was nearby, and his body could sense it long before his mind had.

His body carried itself over the wall of a ruined building to come to rest upon its roof, and here he stopped for only a moment. He glanced around quickly, his vision shifting so that all his surroundings seemed grayed out and insubstantial. And then, as if lit from within, there were a group of deer, some twenty yards out.

That hungry smile surfaced as he leapt from the building with an explosion of slate tiles and stone, the force of his ascent shattering the feeble framework of the ancient structure. The velocity and angle he used arched him up and over the group of animals, and he shot one arm downward.

The limb stretched toward the ground with startling speed, plunging through the body of one deer and striking the ground, anchoring their. Like a bungee cord, it pulled him downward to the ground, rocketing him downward so he could strike the earth like a stone.

As he rose from his landing he pointed his other arm at the retreating group of animals, and the claws of his hands shot outwards, like five blades attached to ropes.

The animals were quickly caught, tangled in the fleshy coils, strangled by them and torn by the blades. And then they seemed to simply melt as the chaos inside of Kulthanos took over, turning them into the same black, amorphous substance that he was made of.

The creatures were absorbed, and his hunger was sated....time to head back.

Tags: