Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Werthern Qwake's stay in prison

Started by Grgr, March 01, 2017, 07:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grgr

(OOC: This is an open thread, but only join if you plan on staying in prison for a while. I hope, hope, that I stay in jail for at least 50 of my own posts, and then get out, but if the story is good then I'll break that, but I want to at least try. You can be released from prison, but please no jail breaks right away. Thank you and, please, have fun.)

Grgr

Werthern Qwake grunts as the city guards shove him into thw cage. He had made a mistake, his kindness got him in trouble again. Werthern helped the wrong people.

Werthern groans and leans back against the metal bars. While he looked like it he was no Fae, and that proved it. So much for the guards plans...

Werthern glances around there were 3 other people in here. One of them looks at Werthern.

"Watcha in for?" an old scratchy voice asks.

"... Wrongly accused." Werthern says glumly. The old figure nods.

"I killed a man... He raped my daughter and then killed her." The old person says. Werthern looks back at them. It was an old woman with thin arms, and scrawny legs.

"Howd you do it?" Werthern asks.

"I'v got me some black magic, it does the trick, when it needs to." the old chrone says with a nod.

"You know where we're going?" Werthern asks.

"To Black Lick prison. It's reserved for the worst of the worst. Or for thoses who have extremely rich enimes. Or for the unlucky." the Witch says with a nod. She then crackles. "I fall in the second category, you fall in the third." she crackles some more. Werthern stares at her, then slowly nods. "Boy, be ready. That place is where gods go to die. It ain't safe. I'll give you a blessing, i also know some a thoses." the witch points her finger at Werthern and it glows for a second before fading away. "Bless you." sge mutters, then draws her hood over her face again.

Werthern looks out the bars as he sees the city go by. The carriage would rock, and every now and then it would bump over a pot hole, before continuing on. They were moving closes and closer to the jail. Werthern turns and looks at another prisoner.

(OOC:If someone wants to join, I'll leave the prisoners open for about a week before I start to put in NPC's.)

excitement

"I fall in the first!" Bullock says smiling, as if it's an announcement we are getting dessert. "I'm named Bullock! Nice to meet you both!" He waves at the others as much he can through the shackles "isn't it a lovely day to day! I love the rain!" He looks out the barred window at the dreary rain, wincing when the wagon rolls over a pothole

Grgr

Mary, the old woman, turns and looks at Bullock.

"You... You reek of blood, sadness, loss, pain.... of death." Mary's old voice creaks from out under her cloak's hood. "Not a pretty smell..." She mumbles as she stares at him with her black beady eyes. "To bad that you're such a handsome young man. I can't imagine how many young women have fallen to your mask of a smile..." She croaks out to him, her own chains clanking together. Mary crackles and leans back against the carriage, after poking at her fun. Mary's own 'smell' was the same as Bullock, so after she pulled her cloak over her head completely, a single tear fell down her face, onto her hand. Mary stares at it in shock, before flicking it off. With a grunt Mary huffs and looks towards the last person.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Werthern Qwake looks at Bullock when the Witch said that. The man did seem a little too happy for being in a caged carriage going to one of Selevea most vilest prison, but hey, what did he know? Werthern shrugs and looks to Bullock.

"My name is Werthern. I would say nice to meet you, but I not really in the mood." Werthern smiles so one could tell he was making a joke, but it was rather hard to actually tell, since he had the head of a wolf... Werthern waves his shackled hand at Bullock.  "What did you get thrown in for?" Werthern asks.

Tacocat86

Well, this wasn't a little forest grove, it looked like a cage. When the guards had picked him up in the forest, they had told Trivien that he was being taken to a small grove that required his assistance. Maybe they just wanted to make sure that he was safe on the way. But there weren't any dangers, were there? He squinted his old eyes and scratched his head, running his fingers through the grey hair. He looked out of the cage and saw that his surroundings looked more like a city. He turned to a small pot that he had next to him. Inside the pot was an extremely rare plant, quite frankly he was glad the guards had let him bring it, they had seemed awfully eager for h im to get in the cart.

He looked over at the others in the cart, with a critiquing look. Maybe they were going to help him with the growth of the small patch of nature. Then again, they didn't look all to well suited for it. He patted the potted plant he had brought with him. The leaves shook, and he put he ear up it and nodded intently, whispering back to the plant, "Yes, I'm positive you will be planted soon..... so what does it matter if we're going through a city, I'm sure this is just a shortcut... Fine, I'll ask." He looked over at the three as they were talking, interrupting with, "I'm sorry, Cory here thinks that we may not be going into a grove, could one of you tell it that it's wrong." He emphasized the last word and looked back at the plant.

excitement

Bullock turns to Mary "I'd be happy to make just one more young women to fall under my mask of a smile..." he winks at her, totally joking, to lighten up the mood of the cart. "masks and... young ladies aside, I am here for the murder of.... a LOT of people.... I know they arrested me for the murder of twenty.... and they have probably figured out about the other ten.... maybe even all of them if they're lucky!" he smiles "and I've got the luck of the devil! so they won't find out!" he keeps a light hearted tone "we should really play some cards so I can show you.... but that's for another time...." Bullock turns to Trivien's plant "we are certainly going to a grove where happiness, justice, and darkness grows in abundance! but I am afraid we aren't going anywhere with trees... at least not to my knowledge but it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong..."

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Grgr

Mary give a cracked laugh and watches Bollock.

"You have a stronger mind than I thought." she giggles and points her finger at him. "Bless you." like before her finger glowled and faded away. Mary turns to the forest spirt.

"I pity you. Who did you anger to get you thrown in to a prison made of iron? I don't think a forest spirit like you can last long there." she crackles again, although everyone here could she a look of surprise on her face when she saw him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Werthern smiles at Bollock's joke, and listens carefully to what Mary said. In Werthern village, Witch's were to be respected and listened to.

"Your a forest spirit?" Werthern asks the man with the pot, Cory, and sighs. "Sir, the place were we are going is filled with disease, death. It is no grove, and don't expect to be able to continue to keep your plant with you, I  heard the guards take all possessions." Werthern shakes his head at how low so people can get, to throw a forest spirit in an iron cage. Thankfully, the bars didn't seem to hurt him yet...

Neither Mary nor Werthern where affected by iron, nor did the realises the plant was rare. It had gotten pretty dark. Marys day vision sucked, not to mention night vision so she never noticed. And while Werthern could see in the dark, just as good in the day, he did not know plants.

Tacocat86

Trivien had never encountered iron before, so he had no clue why he was feeling suddenly nauseous. He dismissed it as a coincidence, and smiled weakly. He looked down at the plant and sighed, "Well, I guess you were right." He shot a look at Werthen, "You know, I t has a name, and it isn't a possession, it's an associate. So I'll make sure it stays with me."

Trivien absentmindedly grabbed one of the iron bars and yelped as it seared his flesh, he pulled his hand away and examined the wound. The skin was an ugly black color. "So who are you guys anyway, and where are they taking us in this death cage?"

excitement

Bullock knows better to go closer to the iron bars and is able to hide his nausea. "Thank you for your blessing." He says formally to Mary. He then turns to address Trivien "more important things first... is your associate in the pot attracted more to men or women? Or just other plants?" He hopes that he can distract Trivien from the bleak prison by the joke

Grgr

Mary sighs at the spirit's foolishness. It listened to the guards like that... What has the world gotten to?

Mary turns to Bullock. His future was bleak with his ability, almost no hope to ever have a virgin wife, not to mention children. It was so bad, it was slightly funny. Not that she'll admit it.

Mary turns to Qwake. He's a strange one, while seeming upset of the prison, for some reason he also seemed to be relieved.

Mary shifts her shoulders, and groans as they go over a particularly bad pothole. Mary looks out the of the carriage and sees the large building, closing in quickly. It was Black Lick prison.

Mary frowns and trys to make her self seem smaller than before. No matter how much she tries to deny it, she had saw her death in this place and she was afraid.

Werthen sigh and shakes his head.

"My bad." he says. "We... We're accused of doing bad things, and whether they were false... Or not.... We are  now 'criminals' and we are all going to prison." Werthen looks out the window and sees the prison. It was as gloomy as he expected, but also there were a lot more guards there too.

It seemed like there was an army patrolling the grounds. Werthen grunts as the pothole catches him by surprise and he slams into the carriage walls. Werthen groans and looks around, making sure the others we're still fine.

excitement

Bullock's relaxed posture lets him catch himself easily when the pothole hits "well when the zombie apocalypse hits we're certainly going to be well guarded." He comments at the army "yep that's one worry I officially do not have anymore... how many zombies do you think it would take to eat us now? A thousand? Ten thousand? Maybe even a hundred? And it doesn't even stop us from escaping really... the more of them there are, the more chance one of them screws up!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tacocat86

When the pothole rocked the cage, Cory sailed through the bars, and Trivien had to thrust his arms through, barely catching the pot before it was out of range. This lunge caused his face to press against the bars so as he pulled the plant back in, he was barely holding back a scream. When he turned to look at the others, he had an ugly black mark seared across hus face. He looked at Bullock with a smile on his face. "I like your attitude. And for your information, Cory here is a star flower, a rather rare breed that exclusively reproduces asexualy. They also bloom into magnificent blossoms that excrete an ichor that can heal wounds, cure diseases, and even bestow youth and strength. Cory here is a late bloomer though." He laughed at his own joke for a bit. "Yeah, a lot of people would love to get their hands on Cory, so I've been taking care of it since it was just a baby seed."

Grgr

Mary stares at the Spirit. She had known a couple, and that move did not surprise her. Mary gives a small chuckle to herself. "Zombies..." she says under her breath. Her hand was holding on to the iron, and she was holding tight, so not to fall.

Wethern leaps to his feet. The wound from the iron must hurt. He moves close enough to examine the Spirits face. The marks started from his forehead, and went all the way to his chin.

"You okay, um... Trivien?" Wethern asks a little worried. He knew a Fae who had touched iron before... had knew. The small thing died soon after coming in contact with the iron. Wethern had no idea how it affects Fae specifically, but he did know it was a extremely painful experience to Fae.

Before anyone could respond a voice echos out.

"Shut up ye dogs! Sit back down, stop making such a ruckus back there! If I have to get my beating stick I will! Not another word until we get to the prison! Don't play with me!" It was the driver of the cage. While still driving he had looked in to the carriage. He had a long scar going down his face, blind in one eye. Some of his teeth were rotten, others were missing. His nose has obviously been broken more than a couple of time, and he looked as mean as a mad dog. When he spoke sit flew out of his mouth.

"I will not have you dogs tarnishing my reputation as a good drive for prisoners! This is my lively hood here! So make sure you don't mess it up!" the man yells to the group of prisoners. The man looks forward once Wethern sat back down.

excitement

Bullock looks at the flower curiously, but can't see much in the dark "and it has a personality?" Bullock calls back to the driver "Hello! I'm Bullock! Great to meet you! What's your name?"

Tacocat86

Trivien looked surprised by Werthen's question. "Have I got something on my face?" He tapped the burn in the middle, and his face twisted into a mask of pain. But that made it hurt more. He shouted loudly with pure pure agony in his voice before the cart driver finished his sentence. Afterwards he gritted his teeth as tears began to stream down his face. Inwardly, he wished that Cory was in bloom.

Grgr

"Fen God almighty!" Wethern yelps when the Spirit started to scream. "Uhhh.... I don't know what to do!" Wethern has never dealt with this before, the other spirit died almost right away, so Wethern never had time to do anything. "Uhh, shit!" Wethern stood there in a stuper, unsure what to do.

Mary frowns, she knows how to stop the pain, but she need her supplies and to be able to reach the spirit. Mary looks to Bullock. "I can't do anything, you?" Mary asks calmly.

Most spirits that die from iron are the extremely small ones, and very few sensitive ones. She did not think it would kill Trivien. But also she knew this would happen... Mary stares at Bullocks.

excitement

Bullock shrugs "I never thought me going into treating people's wounds could go very well... and as such I don't have that much knowledge but from throwing together what I've found when I got hurt and had to improvise, I'd bet a damp cloth would help... I don't have any water but this shirt should work great once I tear off the bottom...." he starts ripping a strip off the bottom of his shirt "at least you'll probably have some badass scars after this!"

Tacocat86

Trivien winced, "I'm fine, in constant unyielding agony. But fine. In a few days, there may not even be a scar. But a damp cloth would certainly help. The only issue we have with that is that there is no water." He picked up the plant and cradled it in his arms. "At least Cory's fine. So what exactly is this prison place like?"

Grgr

The carriage screeches to a stop.

"Maybe ye didn't quite understand me! I say shut ye mouths! What part of that do you rugged poor bastards not yet understand! Do ye think I'm running a god damned charity! I want my damned peace and quite, and by the gods above I will get it even if I have to beat it out of you! And for Veals sake, keep your skin off of the bars, it smells like burnt flesh! God damn it! Now it's raining? You got to be kiddin!" The driver starts to cuss and groan about how terrible his job was, and the carriage starts to move again.

Mary curls up it to a ball, going quite. The cold rain was hard on her old bones and it pained her joints. Her magic can do many things, but cure her own pains was not one of them.

The rain was coming down hard and it kept on bouncing off of the ground and into the carriage, not to mention that the roof was full of holes and was not exactly the best rain repellent.

Wethern calms down, realizing by Trivien's tone that Trivien was probably not about to die... Unless Trivien was a good actor... Wethern whips off the water that was on his face, not that it did good. There was so many hole is the roof, it basically did nothing to stop the rain. Wethern sits down once more and leans closer to Trivien.

"Prison... Normally it is a good thing. A place were criminals get sent to when they break the law. But I heard differently about this one. Corrupt officials steal money meant to feed the prisoners, prisoners kill off other prisoners, chef's poisons certain meals for price... It's no playground. There you can be killed just for looking at the wrong person at the wrong time. It's bad." Wethern says quietly and shudders. He met someone who went here. The man was missing his eye where his room mate plucked it because he was hungry, and he had his left kidney stolen by a necromancer who wanted it. He had all sorts of scars on him that came from this place.

"Though it can't really be that bad, there must be some symbolism of 'order' there, other wise they would have been closed down long ago by people of the church. But just as it can't actually be that bad, there has to be some merit to those stories, some that were true. And it was 'that' part that I am worried of." Wethern says, and once more wipes off the water running down his face.

excitement

Bullock wipes the water off the carriage a bit and hands the towel to Trivien "I sure hope it's as good as your tale says!" He says whispering, trying to not let the pilot hear "food makes you fat anyways, no prisoner is gonna want to kill us, the Chef's poison just means give someone else a sip before you eat it, and I don't like looking at people anyways... although if they're quite charming I make an exception" he winks at the old lady again then cracks up, not able to hold in the laughter to complete the joke

Tags: