Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hope Fool Rain

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2017, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Hope grabbed the woman and nearly shook her, eyes wide and skin so white with fright.
Then he jerked away, eyes looking all over as he trembled and sobbed out the words, "What.. what just happened? Where are we..? What is this? I.."
And then he heard the music and pause dto turn, staring back at the decadently glowing world inside the grand palace's ball room, dancing alive to music. It.. it seemed so real. Like the words from a fantasy book coming to life.

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Minerva stared at Hope with wide blue eyes.

"What?" A shake of her head and she looked around, why was he so scared? "You're at the Palace?" A question because... He'd just been awake. And... "You're sick, I think, and fell asleep...?" A tilt of her head and she cleared her throat, "And the door is locked. So, we can't get back in." Another frown and she shifted away from Hope, giving him a weary look.

"Why? Why is all of this so... Odd to you?"

visualspice

Hope held onto his head as if it might fall off, and held up a hand to motion silence. He groaned.
"I feel.. heavy..." He didn't want to open his eyes, for fear he'd fall under the same spell as before. But he was beginning to recall just how he had ended up on the balcony. But even before that..
He still had no idea what was going on.

"And the palace... you keep saying we're at the Grand Duke's palace... but the palace.. the palace was in ruins..."

Didn't she know? Hadn't the war effected her? It had scarred the whole country side!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

He was insane.

Minerva frowned slightly, a little disappointed at that fact. He was so cute, too. Still, they were locked on the balcony together and unless someone noticed the pair out here they'd be stick here together for a while.

"Well, maybe you had a bad dream," to be kind, she kept her voice low. Minerva pushed her hair from her shoulder and smoothed her hand up and down his back. If she was mean to him now he'd probably stab her with a buckle or something. What a way to die. Stabbed with a buckle and thrown off a balcony. Terribly unfair.

"As it is, you're at the Grand Duke's Palace and we're trapped on a balcony, which is very much not finding me a husband." She pouted, glaring off to the side. That was all she really wanted out of this and right now it was the farthest thing from her reach.

visualspice

"No.. No, no!" he shook his head, eyes still very wide. Still very green.
"This.. this has to be the dream. I... I never saw this place ever... ever.. not... destroyed." And he looked around, still in awe of all of it's opulence, it's grace and paused a moment to hear...
The familiar song coming from inside the ball room.

If Minerva was speaking, it had long since been forgotten, as he stood up, and slowly made his way towards the door, as if in a trance and rested a hand against the frame, and looked at the door, as if he could see through it and ....
afte ra time, softly began to hum to the tune, before gently singing the words unknown to most, but known to him, nearly inaudible, before the song faded away, and changed to something entirely different, and a lot more upbeat. A song meant for dancing.

He blinked, his trance seeming broken as he looked at the door with a frown.

Draconian

Minerva leaned away from Hope, looking concerned. Eyebrows drawn together in her concern and she reached out a hand in an effort to calm him but he got up and wandered away and she just... Got up and followed him.

Was he humming? Why was he humming?

"You're a good singer," Minerva said after the fact, leaning in close so she could hear him, "What song is that?" He seemed like he needed to be sort of calm, so she curled her arm around his and smiled at him, "You should teach it to me while we wait for someone to open the door. Surely they'll notice I'm missing."

visualspice

He didn't look at her. He was looking at his feet.

"It was my father's song.... He wrote it. Before I was born."

Draconian

His fathers song.

Minerva glanced at the locked door and gnawed on her bottom lip. Just who was his father that they played the song here?

"Did... You make up the words?" She asked, voice quiet. Hope seemed so sad now and she moved her hand to his back. Why was this soaking wet boy making her feel so bad for him?

visualspice

Hope stiffened at her touch and turned around. For a moment, he might have looked like his father, were his eyes not so large, and not so full of emotions. And his father... at this year in the world, was much older in comparison and Hope..
Hope was meant to be a babe, and perhaps, still was, somewhere inside this castle. But that idea hadn't even crossed his mind. He was just too confused with the entire scenario of just being... HERE of all places, when heknew, had grown up, recalling the ruins of the palace.

Hope shook his head as soon as he realized Minvera asked him a question.
"No," he told her softly, and looked down at his shoes. How expensive were these clothing. He itched his side. "I... I don't think I should be here."