Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Beruthian Initiation. [Open]

Started by Squishy, April 01, 2017, 08:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squishy

Sitting on one of the broken and half-decayed beams of his temple, Maelthra was waiting. Having left countless flyers in the biggest cities of this land over the course of a few weeks, flyers which were depicting an initiation into a warriors society the likes of which have not been recorded yet.

The flyers depicted an initiation by way of testing your mettle in a duel against the Grand Leviathan himself, Maelthra, Herald of the Shattering and Founder of the Order of Beruth. The only way to be let into one of the higher positions of the Order is if you can hold your own against Maelthra himself and prove your strength. This initiation will decide who will be granted the titles of Ardat-Lile possibly, the Carniveans and the Carreau, all of them being positions of the upper echelon of the hierarchy. Anyone that thought themselves strong enough to join was invited to join Maelthra at his temple in the Serha plains, including directions on how to get there.

Thinking that the flyers were enough to attract at least some beings strong enough to fill the positions, he meditated the days away until someone were to arrive. As he was meditating after having returned to the temple, he was also extending his own spirit through magical means and searching for anyone of considerable strength to arrive.

While he looked like he was meditating, he was actually gathering magical energies from the area around him, strengthening himself for any future battles that were to come.

Sheshia

(Sorry if some of these posts are a nit short since I use my ipad mostly to post on threads lol)

Clica walks into the temple. She was looking at the dying architecture and how old that the temple was in the first place. The only problem is she didnt know if it was herself making her be there of Colak. Either way it didn't matter simce she was there now.

She had recently come across one of the fliers in the capital of Sperenity and after thinking long an hard on it she decided to give it a shot. It wasn't every dsy after all that you get tournament again someone willing to fight. Those usually came during the warmer months after all. Though g that gave it away to her that she wasn't in control was when the touched the temple walls. She would never touch the anceint stone in fear of making the provess of its demiss go faster.

She quickly came upon someone meeitating on ome of the broken beams of the temple. That must be the person who set up the fliers. She hears Cokad think. That dragon spirit really ade her want to hide in the recesses of her mind. But she'd save that for last resort since then that'll give Cokad complete control over their magics. So she sat there and waited for the person to stir.

Squishy

[That's no problemo!]

While he was meditating on top of one of the broken pillars he finally sensed that someone was entering his temple. Suddenly flushing with something resembling excitement that he would finally get to fight someone who thought themselves strong enough to be able to stand up to him.

However something seemed off about the individual, even though he had not seen him/her yet. He couldn't quite place it but it peeked his interest even more. Finally stirring from the spot he has been in for multiple days he got up on his legs and turned around to face the figure after he had left her to sit for a couple of minutes. Sizing her up from his point of vantage he did not take her for much of a fighter at first sight.

After he finished sizing her up, he finally spoke his first words in his trademark rough and inhuman voice.

"Welcome to the temple of Yath D'Neantak, home to the Order of Beruth. I assume you're here because of the invitation I sent out."

Without waiting for her answer he jumped down from the pillar and landed roughly on the floor, kicking up some old dust. As he looked at her from behind his mask he continued on.

"Tell me, why do you wish to join the Order?"

Wycliff

Sheol'Var was cross. Not often these days was he so terribly irritated, nor itching to bash something's head in. His rider, Orionas, had sent him to investigate the fliers that were posted all over the city, this mysterious "Order of Beruth". Not only had she sent him alone, she sent him in human form!! He swore that woman would be the end of him, and judging by the presences he sensed in the temple ahead, he figured that day could be the very day of his reckoning.
He kicked a loose rock the size of his fist absently as he approached the temple entrance, sending it sailing high into the sky and over the temple. He was a proud Dragon, even if only a fledgling: he could demolish that temple with a single stroke of his crystal talons were he in dragon form, but he was unable to shift by himself: an unfortunate curse of the form Orianas forced upon him. Behind Sheol, a long trail of several inch deep footprints ominously mark the way he'd traveled, despite his stature of less than six feet tall, his incredibly long, bushy, void-black mane billowing in the wind, nearly as long as his body.
He strode into the temple, the wind ceasing, and his hair settles around the curved, white crystal horns protruding from his head, only one thought on his mind: This had better be entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheshia

Why do I wish to join the order. Clica thinks pacing a bit. "Well I like fights and battles for one thing. I also supposed I can learn about others and maybe a few tricks to help this vessel to get stronger. Well more like myself to get strobger sir." Calok says using her voice and mouth.

Man Clica haaate that dragon. She smiles, "We are also just curious beings in new things."

Suuure Calok was definitely lying through her teeth literally. Well she was definetly curious at this point. There was definetly going to be some interesting people and things to come though. After seeing the person mediating on a broken beam this was going to be a wild ride.

Squishy

"We are also just curious beings in new things."

As he listened to her reasons to join, he figured that being curious and wanting to get stronger was a good enough reason, as long as they were willing to fight with him. He started to walk towards her and cracked his knuckles lightly before asking her a very simple question with a raised voice, so the half-dragon newcomer that just entered the temple could hear as well.

"The test is very simple, you can choose to either have your physical strength tested or your magical power. Both include taking a single blow from me while I'm at full strength. If you manage to stay on both your feet, you will be accepted into the ranks. If I can bring you down to your knees, you may never return here. "

Grinning lightly he looked over to the newcomer, which looked like a humanoid-ish dragon with pitch black scales. Sizing him up he figured that this thing was sentient, at least to some degree.
Bending his knees slightly he lifted himself off the ground and jumped towards the dragon and landed right in front of his nose.

"And who are you supposed to be? Why do you wish to join the order?

As he asked the creature his question his bones started to crack and grow, signaling the fact that he was beginning to shift back to his original form, proving that he would not hold back in his  test.

Wycliff

Sheol looked unfazed by the display, takings few whiffs of the obvious dragon. I do the same thing on a daily basis, and I'm probably bigger than this guy. He cracks his knuckles, an unnaturally loud sound that echoed through the temple. The other dragon would notice that behind Sheol, cracked footprints were left in the stone. "You promised a fight, Dragon. What other reason do I need?" He wasn't lying: at the moment, he wanted to crush something underfoot, and not just the ground. He relaxed into a battle position, clenching his fists eagerly, grinning wildly. "Give me your best shot!"

Sheshia

Clica rubs her temples, I am a pea compared to those two dragons. But I can use their size against them. She smiles, they are probably gonna be lumbering a maybe a bit enclosed with two of them in here. This'll also be great opportunity for us to see what the beam one has and his weaknesses. This'll be very very interesting, even more so if we team up with thr younger dragon. Calok makes Clica stretch her arms and back, "I'm more then ready for this!" Clica smiles looking excited and jumps nack a forth a bit.

Squishy

"Give me your best shot!"

As the strange dragon finally stopped talking his grin dissipated from his face entirely. This dragon would dare call HIM a measly dragon? As he was clenching his teeth he started to be tempted more and more to use his sword.

"Did you... call me a dragon just now?"

Clenching his fists in an attempt to control his rage he sped up his transformation, making the bony spikes that run all along his body in an asynchronous manner erupt while his body grew to his full size of three and a half meters, while still standing on two feet like a human would. As soon as he got his original size back, his trademark dragon motif finally formed on his stomach, and as soon as the holes in the dragon heads eyes and mouth opened, he released a massive surge of magical pressure, enough to make the dust and pebbles around him levitate above the ground.

As his transformation reached it's end, he was still humanoid in stature, the only thing that reminded someone else of a dragon was the motif of bone on his stomach and his massive wings. His head was distinctly chaotic in nature, with spikes running over his left shoulder which ran down to his tail.
After his transformation completed entirely he could feel himself overflow with his familiar power. Holding his three-fingered claw in front of him he finally laid his sickly glowing yellow eyes upon the small dragon, which had a mass not fitting for his size he noticed.

"You think I am a dragon like you? I am so much more than a dragon. You can not even comprehend what I am for I was not born of nature. You are but a juvenile compared to me."

After he finished his sentence he pushed himself off the ground with the claws attached to his wings and flung himself back to the female that first entered his temple, landing right on top of the pillar that she found him on.

"So, who wants to go first? Or better yet, why don't you two fight me at the same time."

After inviting them both to fight him at the same time, he gripped the pillar with both wing claws and readied himself, intensifying the magical pressure that was exuded from the many openings littering his body.

They had no idea who they were up against, and if they were not careful they would be quick to perish. As his invitation resounded against the walls of the ruined temple, a rumbling rose from his throat, signaling his readiness to face whoever would attack first.

Wycliff

Sheol watched the transformation with a smirk.  That bastard thought that he was all that just because he was big and had a large aura. Stronger than anything Sheol had seen so far, that was for sure, and it was obvious that he was not an ordinary dragon. However, neither was Sheol.
"I only fight alongside one other being, and it isn't that creature over there! I'll be your first- no, screw that! Your last opponent!" Sheol slowly, but surely, charged the pillar, effectively destroying all the ground between the two of them like paper under his weight. To be honest, Sheol didn't know exactly how he'd beat the giant creature, as it seemed to be have a core of magic energy. His mouth widened into a vicious grin. I'll just have to eat what parts of him ARE solid!

Sheshia

Even better! Clica smiles ans waves to moves out of the way sitting down at a hopefully safe distance crossing her legs watching intently. The good thing about having two minds was that they often see things the other missed.

"Good luck!" She calls out smiling with her tail a bit fluffed up ready to get out of the way if she needed.

(This post is short and it bugs me lol anyways I'm gonna not post unless I want to add Clicas and Colaks reactions etc. :3 yinz have fun!)

Squishy

(Alright, but don't feel like you can't post, because it'd be more interesting if there were more! Post whenever you want!)

As he watched the black dragon-man stampede towards his pillar he calmly stuck his claw inside of the maw of the dragon-shaped motif on his stomach and let out a shattering roar as he slowly ripped out a slim sword from his body.

As he pulled the blade out his eyes and mouth started intensifying and glowing more brightly.

"You will kneel before me dragon, and acknowledge me."

Extending both of his wings he pushed himself off of the pillar towards the dragon, readying a single powerful strike with the flat side of his blade aimed at the opponents neck.

Wycliff

Sheol saw the move, watching the massive creature rise from the pilllar, pulling a wicked sword from his stomach. Disturbing. The creature struck at his neck with the flat, to which Sheol responded by raising a hand to block, and block it did. In fact, his progress was unhindered, as if the swing was nothing but a tap. In truth, the blow would have thrown any other creature his size across the room, but his arm hand alone weighed more than the blade, and was many times more dense. The cocky bastard would need to do better than that.
Sheol drew closer, and Maelthra may notice that as his hand runs along the blade, black veins spread along it, almost as if corrupting the metal.