Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Find a Purpose (Shadow)(P)

Started by Blink, April 09, 2017, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Here she was, once again wondering about with no current task in mind. After her run in with her brother Kaida really wasn't quite sure what to do next. She still had a plan, one that involved hundreds of years of playing it to take effect, and of course Kaida had the time. This was something her brother seemed to forget, that their lifespan was far longer than most beings on this plane. Yet, he still kept himself surrounded in the delusion that he could live among the humans playing house.

The very thought alone caused Kaida to grow angrier. "So stupid" she muttered to herself as she kicked a rock along the road. She felt so lost, so alone in this world. No one understood what she saw, not even those of her own race. Dragons were meant to be creatures of glory. Meant to be respected and feared by all. Yet, in this day and age some even lowered themselves to the demeaning act of being 'ridden'.

There wasn't even any travelers out today, the road she found herself walking down empty. Perhaps it was due to the downpour of rain falling from the sky above. Kaida didn't even care that she was getting soaked or that her clothes were sticking to her body. Her long white hair pulled back with its usual red ribbon out of her face. The rain seemed to only amplify her mood and current anger at everything. Looking once more up and down the road Kaida realized there was only one thing that could make her feel better.

With not a soul in sight she began to shift into her true form, one that she neglected far too much. Within a matter of seconds the small pale girl had taken on the form of a dragon. Still only 8ft tall with a wingspan to match she was considered puny among her kind, but still she knew she was better than any human she had met to date. She outstretched her wings and flung her tail back and forth as if her skin was stiff. Narrow crimson eyes were the gateway into her true emotions... angry... spiteful... hurt. For too long had she allowed others to walk over her. First that boy who bested her and then made the mistake of calling her a vampire, then his sister whom tried to trap and threaten her.

It wasn't until Aeizith showed her how truly cold and cruel the world really was that she realized she was never meant to be 'nice'. She had tried it, even went as far as not killing anyone for a few months... all to which it was thrown in her face. As lightning struck a tree behind her Kaida let out her angry cry, the screech surely to be heard for miles as she let it all out. If only she had been born with the ability of spewing fire, then she would have burnt the entire forest to the ground... better yet.. the world.

Storm-Shadow14

"Such ferocity, pain...anger." his voice gurgled forth from her own Shadow. "I have heard you, child. Spread your wings once more, let me look upon you." he rumbled in an interested tone. His was a voice that oozed confidence and wisdom. The rolling, growling undertone of his voice showed that he was a Dragon; one much older and much more powerful than this young girl could hope to be at this time in her life.

Her shadow by that point had turned entirely into a magma-like sludge, bubbling and gurgling forth the ancient voice that spoke to her.  Whether or not she spread her wings wasn't an issue, however, as her shadow molded and stretched itself, moving first away from her, and then upwards. Forming the silhouette of a man in Uniform, Draco made himself visible, the Shadow washing off his body in the pouring rain, slicked back hair dampening, water rolling off his jacket, and bouncing off of his boots as he stood with his hands behind his back. Pale skin and coal-red Eyes took in the appearance of the only eight foot tall Dragonness before him. Small, weak, fragile, but not useless. His pupils narrowed into slits and he narrowed his eyes while looking down at her.

"Yes... Yes you have the pride you should in your kind. In our kind. I will help you restore the glory to our kind, if you help me in return." he spoke, not moving from his spot. "A long time ago, I rivaled the greatest Mages and even self-proclaimed Gods in power, but recently that power has been stripped from me. A foolish Mage was quick enough to put a curse on me, locking me in this form you see here; trapping ninety percent of my power within me." he rose a clenched fist for emphasis on his hatred for this Mage, before looking past it and back to Kaida.

"Help return my power to me, and I will grant you the strength to decimate your enemies. To show them who the greatest Dragonness of all time is! To show the other races of this land the true power of our kind!" he opened his clenched fist, the black leather Glove melting away to reveal that he was speaking truthfully, a scaled, Draconian Hand reaching out to the young Dragonness before him, coal-black scales glittering in the rain.

"What say you, girl?" he asked. Perhaps, for once, she would feel as though someone wasn't talking down to her. He understood her plight: The desire to restore the Glory Dragon's used to possess in the minds and hearts of mortals and immortals alike! To become powerful, so much so that nothing would hurt her, or dare try. "Do we have a deal?"

Blink

She may have thought she was hearing things if not for her shadow morphing into a sludge-like substance beneath her. But instead of a friendly greeting for the shadow that was now taking on a more manlike form Kaida offered a low pitched growl instead. Her large fangs were bore with a ferocity she had never shown before, one without conscious... one completely wild. It was as if in her true form Kaida's anger was multiplied at least tenfold. Her hatred and pain from the world turned into something worse that could not be denied as any thing less than pure undomesticated instinct.

There were no inner thoughts or conscious holding her back from instantly hating this being. In fact, it was as if Kaida had never taken on a human form at all. She was acting like a dragon, one that had no care for the wellbeing of any mortal other than herself. Her snarl only worsened as the figure took on a more human appearance and transformed into a living breathing soul before her eyes .She snapped her jaws and whipped her tail, her scales bending with each movement her body made.

Even as the man spoke she continued her aggressive display, his words not really sinking in until he referred to himself as 'our' kind. But then he went on about how he rivaled the greatest mages and self proclaimed gods and she could only think of one person... Emelia

Now able to think once more she couldn't help but compare this man to her eldest sister, the one who held herself on the same pedestal as he did. However, she had yet to decide if the familiarity was comforting or sickening. But when the man showed her his scaled Draconian hand a sense of needing to show respect overcame her. It was like she was compelled to do so, to show this man the same respect she had once shown Emelia... a cycle repeating itself.

Shifting downwards back into her human form Kaida felt constricted once more, having quite enjoyed being her 'true self' if only for a little bit. Some may have thought what would be standing before this man now was a small girl with a tear soaked face but this was not the case at all. Instead Kaida stood proud and tall once more, a sense of strength emanating off of her very being. Outstretching her pale slender hand she held it for the man to shake, not even thinking of the cycle she was starting over once again.

"Deal..."

Storm-Shadow14

Draco ignored the growling and primal displays of the girl before him as he spoke, they were only natural. He looked human, and she didn't like humans. As she shifted to her own human form, he towered over her, almost twice her height. He smiled as she reached out to shake his clawed hand, the scales melting away to reveal calloused skin as they shook.

She was a proud Dragonness, that was good, he would need someone with that kind of pride in his own quest for world-domination. His handshake was firm, but cold; there was little to no affection in this Dragon, and she would receive little if any of it during their time together. As she spoke, his smile widened.

"Excellent. Allow me to introduce myself: I am Draco, Dragon King of Shadows, and your new ally." he offered a nod of the head rather than a bow as he introduced himself, releasing her hand and returning the glove to cover his own hand.Once Introductions were out of the way, he cleared his throat, and took a deep breath, getting a sense for what was nearby with smell alone.

"Now then. Shall we go? Mages won't find themselves, and respect won't cultivate itself."

Blink

Kaida listened as the elder dragon spoke. He referred to himself as the Dragon King of Shadows and her new ally. Having always kept herself well versed in the dragon community she had heard mention of his name a few times in the past, but then again there were not many dragons in this world she didn't know about. Back when the Black-Hearth family lived at their citadel the expansive library was not only full of books but records as well.

However, his comment on respect not cultivating itself struck a nerve within the young dragoness. Of course she had always shown other dragons more respected than she did any other creature, but she was still herself after all. As she always did Kaida introduced herself with the same pride she carried on her shoulders, as if her family were somehow entitled to it.

"I am Kaida Black-Hearth. Youngest child to the Black-Hearth dynasty. Kaida Black-Hearth leader of the former Black-Hearth Death Guard and former Executioner to our Citadel." Her title had always been so long, but one she never failed to share with someone when the opportunity came up.

Even if the citadel had all but fell and their family was in shambles she still acted as if they were something, as if her name would get her somewhere in the dragon community. Crossing her arms over her chest she began to display her usual temperament, one that was not so easily told what to do.

"Speak for yourself" she countered, eyeing the man up and down in reference to his statement of respect not cultivating itself. "We may have a deal but you won't go ordering me around like your little puppet. I may be small but I promise... my bite is quite deadly." This man had no idea what she was truly capable of, the abilities she had honed over hundreds of years. Yes she was young and ignorant... but weak was not a word to be assumed of her.

"You must earn my trust just as I must earn yours." Her tone was snarky... challenging... arrogant.

Storm-Shadow14

Draco's smile faded, and his face became stern as she took the arrogant, snarky tone with him, and his eyebrows furrowed. "This child knows nothing of power." he thought, his own shadow bubbling with rage as mighty tendrils of darkness rose up from the shadow of the young dragonness, and his eyes narrowed with anger.

"Then we are in agreement" he stated. However when it came to the tone of her last statement towards him, he snapped his gloved fingers. With that, his Tendrils moved in a flash, aiming to grab the girl around her limbs and throat with a swift and sudden motion. If successful they would lift her up off of the ground until her head was even with Draco's and he would then speak again. If unsuccessful he would speak anyway.

"But if you take this tone with me again, I'm not going to let you chose whether or not you take orders. Am I understood, Executioner?" he growled. "Powerful you may be, but you are still young and inexperienced. Power comes with Age, Age comes with being smart enough to survive long enough. If you are as smart as you are putting off, you'll drop the attitude." His tone wasn't that of a father, nor any sort of teacher or parental unit, but a demand and nothing more.

"Understand one thing, child. You still live because I do not know my way around these lands as well as you do. Your compliance isn't an issue, if you wish to defy me, I will simply corrupt your very soul until you are nothing more than a empty hulk for me to command." He stepped closer, glaring her in the eyes. "Am I understood?"

Blink

The young dragon merely blinked as the man had tendrils shoot out from the darkness around him. It would take so much more than this to scare her, as she had faced far worse circumstances than this. "... Time to play" she thought to herself as she took a step back from the tendrils, hoping the cover of a tree trunk would evade the tendril just long enough. Yet still it manged to maneuver around and grasp her small frame, dragging it towards him before holding her even with his gaze.

Even with the tendril around her throat and limbs she did not flinch, but instead carried the same grin she held towards her siblings to date. In fact, the only change in expression to her face was when he referred to her as 'executioner'. His statement was full of compliments and stabs at her personality all wrapped up together in a demanding front.

The girl held by tendrils continued to smile at the man, seemingly complying to his demand. Well that was until clapping could be heard from behind the very tree the tendrils grabbed her from. "Your going to corrupt my soul if I don't listen?" Kaida then stepped out from behind the tree, her clone bursting into amber and ash in the grasp of the tendrils at the flick of her wrist. "My soul has already been corrupted. I was already nothing more than a husk before you met me." The snarky tone still evident with each word that escaped her lips.

Then another clone stepped out onto the soaked road this one with arms crossed and a bit more distance away. "You did have one thing right... I am young... I do have so much more to gain as I age. But I am not stupid." this version of Kaida raised a brow at the man as the first clone that appeared began talking again. "I would never blindlessly follow someone who thinks they can just use me as a means to an end. Our bargain has two sides... mine and yours..."

The clone farther up the road chimed in again, this trick something she used to use on her brother Aeizith a lot. "I hear you and I fully intend on aiding you on getting your abilities back..." this clone then burst just as the first had done, only leaving the first one that stepped out from behind the tree. "But I will not change who I am to do it. Nor' will I allow you to threaten me."

Storm-Shadow14

Clones? Interesting. Not turning to face the other clones, the tendrils squeezed the one in their grasp, squeezing until it would poof away. After Which the Tendrils fell to the ground as sludge, which then moved down to his own shadow, vanishing.

Her words were mostly talk to him, and his expression didn't change, as he turned to face her real body, able to smell and sense the difference between a simple clone and the real thing, however it seemed that she was able to move amongst her clones with ease.

"It seems you need an education to the husks I refer to. But that will come at a later date." he said, stern and unwavering from her trickery. Clones. Predictable of a young Dragon, though definitely more than a nuisance in his weakened state. Once his full power was unlocked, he'd be able to cast illusions once more with his own Magic, to torment and harass his opponents. But that would come in due time.

"If you're done playing, then let's go."

Tags: