Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Play!

Started by visualspice, April 12, 2017, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dahnny rolled her eyes.
"I do my own laundry anyway, but my mom would kill me if I ruined anything,' she went on, matter of factly with her hands planted to her hips. She tilted her head to the side.
"But I don't know... mud might be a good look on you," she teased, flicking at some of the flippy mud pieces creeping down from his hair onto his face. She even flicked at some gooped on his shoulder. She shook her head and turned towards the water, when the sight of something made her breath catch in her throat.

There was a pair of wild coyotes, but they disappeared into the thick brush, which made her wonder if it wasn't just some figment of her imagination. When did coyotes ever venture this close to a person?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Well lucky you." Chase grumbled slightly. His mother still did his laundry for him. He figured once they took him away to the army they'd probably make him clean his own clothes.

There was a lot of mud, and he was trying to get as much off his face as he could without getting it in his eyes. "Yeah, because everyone knows girls love a man that's covered in muck. I bet all the girls at the next fair will ask me to dance."

Except he wouldn't be here for the next fair. Preoccupied with scraping mud off, Chase didn't see the coyotes, but he did look up and see Dahnny's expression. "Something wrong?"

visualspice

She jabbed him with a pointed elbow.
"No." ANd made a face at him as she began to walk towards the water. "Who'd ask you to dance anyway?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"A girl that doesn't know I've got two left feet." Chase muttered, rubbing where she'd jabbed him. That had actually hurt a little. He followed her towards the water, trailing along behind her like a lost puppy.

He'd always followed Dahnny.

visualspice

It wasn't like there were many options for Chase. The town was limited in it's young girl population. It seemed all the women could produce were boys- and the boys were in turn, eventually grown into young men who were drafted into the army.

She took didn't hesitate to step out into the water, trying not to think about the coyote she had seen earlier, but as she began to splash in deeper, she did look around- just to make sure the dogs had gone away (or perhaps, were never there to begin with).
She splashed water at her face and scrubbed roughly with her hands.

"Hopefully when you're a soldier, they won't condemn you to remain home because of your two left feet."

Zero

Their town did have a lot of boys, not really considered a bad thing. The army sure wasn't complaining as it marched all their friends off to war. It would help once they could go home too, since there wouldn't be nearly so many boys to fight over the few girls left behind. Still, other towns nearby had more girls!

Chase faltered a little as he stepped into the water, looking at Dahnny sideways over what she said. He would love to be condemned to stay home over his lack of coordination! That wasn't the honorable way, though. He should be proud to serve Allar and Connlaoth.

'Yeah...hopefully." He mumbled softly, kneeling down and splashing water in his face to rinse off some of the mud.

visualspice

"Ahh, I swear this mud just doesn't want to rub off!" Dahnny said, laughing slightly at her plight as she continued to try to rub away at the layers of mud all over her arms.

Zero

Chase chuckled, swiping a bit more mud out of his hair before standing and stepping over to Dahnny, not even thinking as he tried to help her scrape the mud off her arms. "You really do look like a mud monster."

visualspice

She placed a hand on his chest and shoved him back.
"Who you calling a mud monster?" she asked, still bent over and looking up at him through her hair. She wrinkled her nose up at him. "You still have mud on your face." She stuck her tongue out at him- you know,f or good measure.

Zero

The shove was enough to throw him off balance. Chase took a stumbling step back, his foot catching on a smooth, slippery rock, and then he went down. With a mighty splash, he landed on his ass in the shallow water with a yelp just as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Ow. You're so mean to me, Dahnny. No wonder I used to pull your pigtails." He pouted up at her.

visualspice

She planted her hands to her hips.
"And if YOU had pigtails, I'd be pulling them right back!" She rolled her eyes at him and offered down a hand. "You really do have two left feet. Here, let me help you up."

Zero

"I bet I get less bruises training to be a soldier than I do now just putting up with you." He teased her with a grin. Chase grabbed the offered hand and pulled himself back to his feet, rubbing his butt where he'd hit in on the rocks.

visualspice

She rolled her eyes.
"How are you going to survive your initial training if you can't even survive me?" she teased and wrinkled her nose at him.
"You still have mud.. right there.." she gestured towards her nose, meaning his. "It looks like you have mud boogers."

Zero

"Mud boogers, eh?" Chase asked, reaching his hand up to wipe the mud away from under his nose, then with a devious little glint in his eyes he wiped them on her. "That's for not believing in me!"

visualspice

Dhanny shrieked and smacked him.
"Eww, gross! Chaaaaase!" How could he just.. just do that!?

Zero

He laughed, even if her smack did hurt a bit.

"They weren't real boogers! And it couldn't be as gross as Thomas kissing you." Chase made a face that definitely suggested he thought that was much, much grosser.

visualspice

Dahnny was mortified.
"Who.. who told you!?"
She knew SHE never would! She didn't even want to remember that! Yuck!

Zero

"Thomas told me. He was kind of...bragging about it. Of course he was lying through his teeth about how he got that shiner." Chase scowled grumpily thinking about it. He kicked at a little rock in the water. "I ought to have wrung his neck. I wanted to when he told us about it. He...he shouldn't have been kissing you!"

visualspice

"Why are you yelling?! I know!" she went on, exasperated. "I was the one he kissed!" And she made a face as she recounted it all. The horror. THE HORROR.

Zero

Ugh, why did it make him so mad thinking about Thomas with his gross, slobbery lips on Dahnny? Sure, kissing in general had been completely bleh and icky to him until very recently when it started to become more appealing - not that there were any girls to go kissing.

"B-because! It wasn't right. Y-you're like my little sister." Yeah, that's it. It was like Thomas had gone and kissed his little sister, which was just not cool. You didn't kiss your friend's little sister!