Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Play!

Started by visualspice, April 12, 2017, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dahnny placed her hands on her hips.
"Don't tell ME that. I KNOW. I had to go through it!"
With a shake of her head and roll of her eyes, she turned away from him and began to make her way towards the marshes.
"Come on. We should head home. Before our parents actually kill us."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Chase threw up his hands in frustration, wishing he'd never brought it up. He wanted to burn his eyeballs out or something to cleanse the mental image from his head. Obstinately he kicked at another rock before trudging out of the water.

"Mum's going to kill me, I'm still covered in mud." It was rare for him to not be able to just laugh everything away, but right now he felt really bad. Stupid Thomas. Stupid war. Stupid draft.

visualspice

There was another eye roll. She was good for those today.
"Maybe you'll be grounded from joining the army," she teased, marching on ahead. She seemed confident, but then again- she wasn't the one with all of her life to lose. Even still, she was good at keeping her head even on her shoulders- or at least she thought she was.

"Too bad the same can't be said for Thomas after what he did." But at least she did get her own say on it- and of course, rejection. She still couldn't believe that had happened either. "Why did you have to go and bring that up?"

What a way to sour the mood!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Maybe..." Of course his mother couldn't ground him from the army, but he didn't want to say it. Chase was reluctant to shoot down any idea that involved him staying home and not going off to war, even if it was a ridiculous idea. His head hung lightly as he trailed behind Dahnny, he was always a few steps behind her, it felt like.

"Sorry, I don't know why I brought it up." Or maybe he did. Thomas had told him about it, but he kind of didn't want to believe it. There was no way it wasn't true. "Ah well, when you get yourself a husband you'll have to get over thinking kisses are gross."

Maybe she'd marry Thomas when he came back home? If he came back home.

Chase scowled more just thinking about it. Dahnny could do better than stupid Thomas. Definitely not Chress, he'd walloped him good before he left home over Dahnny. Not that he would ever tell her about that!

visualspice

That's when she stopped and planted her hands on her hips.
"When did I ever say kisses were gross?"

visualspice

"That's because Thomas is gross."

Zero

Chase blinked and kind of shrank back from her a little. "Wha - What is so gross about Thomas? Aside from kissing?"

Like he would really know.

visualspice

"I.. can't believe you just asked that! Ugh! I'm not even going to respond to that, Chase!" And she stormed away from him.

Zero

"Well I don't know!" Chase groaned and dragged his feet on the way home, letting her storm off. He didn't know what to do or say around Dahnny right now. Every time he opened his mouth he made her mad.

He wished he was smarter and better with words.

visualspice

She wasn't just mad about the Thomas thing. That evening, the town was preparing a birthday send off celebration for Chase, considering he was at that age. It was one thing she didn't want to think about, and with the kiss from Thomas ontop of that...

She was a hot mess. Her mother yelled at her, scolded her and threatened not to let her go to the party. But nothing was going to keep her from going, her mother knew it, and she cleaned up quickly at home before slipping into a simply dress, one that afforded no real color (as her family hadn't that kind of money) but was a simple, sleek design and looked nice on her.

Rare was it that she ever wore such a thing, but she wanted to... She didn't know, let Chase, at least remember her as a girl and not just another 'one of the boys'. But she still felt.. awkward as she approached the city tavern, where she was already hearing the laughter from the others coming from inside.

Zero

He was just plain confused.

Chase wasn't good with words. Hell, he couldn't even read or write. All he knew how to do was plow and plant a field in the spring, then harvest it come fall. Being a farmer was something he could be good at. He was never going to make a great soldier or thinker. It was always something he'd been content with, but the war had thrown everything into chaos and question.

His mother scolded him for getting so dirty when he had a party to attend. A party that was for him! It was with great reluctance that Chase hurriedly cleaned up and threw on some clean clothes. His mother made him change into his "good" clothes, the ones he wore to church.

Why did they have to throw him a party?

That was all he could think as he was practically pushed onto a stool, forcing a fake smile on his face. Even his typically bright spirit couldn't paint this as anything happy. Sure, other people seemed in good spirits, but all the party did was remind him that he was leaving soon. His birthday was not a joyful occasion this year.

Chase forced himself to laugh at the jokes about how he better not impale himself on his own sword after tripping over his own feet. They meant well.

visualspice

Pushing the door open, her pointed nose poked in first before she looked around. The place was crowded, but most were guests attending in honor of Chase. It was a tradition to do this for all the boys going off to war, and it pained her a little to see so many laughing.

Sure it was one last 'hurrah!' before they'd be.. just gone but it was hard for Dahnny to want to really celebrate, even as she forced a smile too when someone finally noticed her.

"Hey... oh.. WOW.. woah.. Dahnny..."

Dahnny rolled her eyes and strolled on by, taking a seat where there was room. She wasn't about to give in to any of the gawking stares but....

Dahnny rarely wore a dress and...
there she was and..
Soon ALL of the men were quiet and looking at her.

Zero

He knew the tradition. It was just a dumb tradition.

The room had been almost obnoxiously loud, but a hush fell over the space and Chase couldn't have stopped himself from looking when he heard Dahnny's name.

And then he could only stare.

Was she wearing a dress? Dahnny never dressed up! The longer Chase looked, the hotter his face got. Partly because, well, she was beautiful (not that she wasn't always beautiful!), and partly because he was beginning to get angry at all the men staring at her. She wasn't a piece of meat and they weren't dogs to be drooling over her.

He hopped off his stool and made his way over to her quickly, finding it much easier to smile for her than it had been for the rest.

"Hey Dahnny, geez, you look like a girl!" That brought out a chorus of laughter from the crowd, and he blushed and looked super sheepish. "Er, I mean, uh...you look nice. Really nice. Did you dress up for the party?"

visualspice

Her face blushed hotly when Chase started gaping. She rolled her eyes at him and his words.
"Yeah. You kind of mucked up my other clothes. It's all I had."
Okay it was a lie, she wanted to wear the dress but...
She wasn't about to tell him that.

Zero

"Oh...right." He rubbed at the back of his neck, looking suitably apologetic. "Sorry."

Aaaaand...what was he supposed to say or do now?!

Why was he having trouble talking to her all of a sudden? Dahnny was...Dahnny. She was his best friend in the world. Chase never had trouble talking to her, but all of a sudden he felt shy and tongue-tied. It was annoyingly frustrating.

She...she was just a girl! An obviously very pretty girl that was drawing attention from men.

"Would you like to, uh, sit with me?"

visualspice

She was pretending to play with some unseen lint on the corner of her dress when he spoke and she raised her head.
"It's pretty crowded here.. I don't see a seat near where you were vacant."
Plus all theboys he WAS sitting around well..
Were definitely oogling her. She turned her back to them.

"So are you drinking with them too?" her question was a bit accusing. "Looks like everyone is." She tried to play off her tone more smoothly but.. yeah, maybe the dress was the wrong choice.

Zero

Chase looked back to where he'd been sitting, noticing just how crowded it was over there, and then noticing all the young men still staring at Dahnny. He scowled at them angrily and turned back to her, looking contrite when she asked if he was drinking with them.

"Yeah, a lot of people are drinking, but I don't care about them or drinking." It was true enough. He didn't care about hanging out with them. He cared about her. "I can sit over here with you."

visualspice

She shook her head and smiled a little.
"This party is for you, you know." she pointed out, then placed her hands on her hips. "You can't just sit over here and only party with me."
But hey, she'd be okay with it. Most of those boys were a bit... TOO rowdy and... 'boys' for her own taste. The looks she was getting, after all, were ebginning to make her feel.. insecure-
if only over the fact she knew exactly what each man must be thinking- thanks to Thomas and his damn kiss!

Zero

"Your birthday is the same as mine. Should be your party too." Chase huffed a little, normally they always celebrated together. It was easier with the two of them falling on the same day. Of course he knew this wasn't a normal birthday party. It was practically a farewell party. How many of the other boys were ever going to make it home?

He glared over his shoulder at the other boys that were just a bit younger than him, boys that were looking at Dahnny like that, and would still be here when he was gone. What a bitter thought. Chase felt guilty for feeling bitter.

Leaning down, he lowered his voice a bit. "Come on, Dahnny. This is my last birthday at home for who knows how long. I want to spend it with my best friend."

If he couldn't spend it with her, then what was the point?