Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Well deserved rest.

Started by Anonymous, February 25, 2006, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Finally, they reached Ketra. After going to the local inn and scraping their pockets they set up rooms. Banji, Barak, and Eri all left up to one of the rooms. Salus, of course, insisted that Miri crashed with them, setting up an entirely different room for the girls' since they could finally afford it. He simply wouldn't take no for an answer.

Salus, Halyn, and Ceyla, on the other hand, had plans to go walk around town, maybe search for a few jobs while the others crashed in one of the rooms, after abandoning their things in one of the rooms. They asked Miri what she'd rather do - go up into one of the rooms they were staying in or stay and walk around with them.

"Catch up with me later guys, 'kay? There was a real interestin' store that caught my eye," she said, waving and disappearing outside the inn.

Salus smiled and nodded his head. He turned and looked back at Miriam and Halyn. He blinked and looked around - where'd Halyn go? He looked around quickly, brows knitted with confusion until he blinked and slapped his forehead.

"Halyn! Get over here!" Sal reprimanded, walking over to Halyn and tugging on his shirt.

"Sorry. It's a pretty painting. Thought it might be ... worth something. Wouldn't go for much, though," Hal said, giving a corky grin as he was lead away from the tempting piece.

Anonymous

Miri smiled as they made  her stay wth them...not that she didn't want to.
When they asked her if she wanted to travel around the town with them she thought about it.
It would be interesting....

"Sure I would love to go. Keira do you want to go or you gonna stay here?" the last statement she aimed at her snake who was still wrapped around her neck.

Like I would leave you to get in trouble.
 the snake said as it watched Hal talking about stealing. Atleast not with group

Miri laughed at that and slowly shook her head. "Come on Hal....at least steal something of worth." She smirked and gave him a look....plainly laughing at him and quickly walked out the door.

Behind her the owner was telling two people that they were three gold coins and two silver coins short.
Once she reached outside Miri leaned against the wall and started to laugh. She held up her hand and opened it to reveal the missing coins.

Miri!

What? They didn't need it. Didn't you see their money bag?

Still....

They should be happy I didn't take that instead....altjhough if Hal sees it he might.

Keira sighed and became quiet....Miri was terrible once she came into a town. She loved messing around with nobles.

Anonymous

Ceyla was merely sorting through a stand - full of little accessories such as beads, brushes, ribbons, pieces of fabric... all those littles things that were useful but never quite covered under necessities. So, she just scanned over them, taking in there bright, flashy appearance appreciatively. She really did love silly little things like that.

But she was deaf nor blind. She understood what was happening around her and was discreetly paying close attention to Miriam.

Hal came bustling out, laughing. He had left three gold coins and two silver - precisely enough to cover their charge for the inn but had stolen the rest of the money bag. He didn't want them to realize too quickly they were missing the rest of their money. After all, they were in close vicinity yet.

Sal come out, shaking his head and pushing Hal along. He waved Ceyla on, rounding them up almost as if they were cattle or little kids. And truthfully, with the way Ceyla and Halyn were punching at eachother, giggling and grabbing at eachother's hair or at people that passed by - effectively freaking them out - and at stands, they certainly appeared like overgrown children. Sal was left to apologize and clean up the mess after them, swatting them now and again and laughing himself.

For as mischevious and annoying as they were they were definitly the highlight - the comic relief of the group. If it wasn't for them, the rest of the members would be consumed by grief and their own misfortune. Sometimes life was so hard - so unforgiving that a person could completely forget about all the joys and lights of such a dreary grayness.

"Eeeee!" Squealed a young, pretty woman as Hal made a lecherous grab, and Cey burst into ridiculously loud laughter.

She swatted a handsome young man on the rear, recieving a startled by somewhat appreciative look. Really, Hal and Cey were a pair, alright.

"Ah! Miri, this IS THE LIFE. And leisure money is always fun," Hal said, showing her the red velvet money bag he had pinched.

Cey shrieked and pretended to clutch at some prissy-woman who recoiled like she was a monster and scrambled away. Cey retracted to the other three, snickering. She cocked her head, composing quickly.

"I think she didn't appreciate that as much as I did," she said, pouting.

Anonymous

Miri watched them all shaking her head slightly. She didn't join in with the fun making but instead watched them.

She smiled sadly as Sal was left to say sorry. She couldn't help but laugh when they freaked the people out and at Hal's words she broke out in her first carefree smile.Everything about her just relaxed.

As the woman shreiked and Cey came back pouting she grinned. "Yes well who cares. She's a stuck up noble that has never had to do anything for herself."

How would you know? came the ever composed Keira.

Devin taught me to pick out the high nobles.....they had more money. With a quick smirk and the flick of one of her wrist blades she effectivly releaved a gentleman of a heavy looking purse. She smirked at Hal and shrugged. "I swear Im helping them. We can't have them walking around carrying heavy bags." she smirked then turned away from them. "I'll be back there is something I need."

She walked away quickly and came to the stall of a herb seller. Many of the nobles were giving the stall a wide berth but Miri walked right up.

A young woman came out and saw Miri. Her look became cold and unfriendly. "What do you wish?"

Miri smirked. "A talk with your grandmother child."

The woman's eyes narrowed and her lips became thin lines. "How-" she began before another voice cut in.

"Don't mind my granddaughter. What is your need Fire Child?" An old woman came walking out into the light. She carried a cane and while she seemed weak in body her eyes were as sharp as a hawk's. She bowed stifly.

Miri smiled at the use of the proper name. Not many could tell what she was....not many had the insight. She had felt right this woman was not a trick but a real Herb Keeper.
"Don't bow. Herb Keeper I am in need of some more Fire Root...do you happen to have any?"

The old woman studied her for a moment before nodding. She turned and disappeared back inside coming out moments later with a packet. She held it out to Miri.

Miri smiled taking it and held out money. The woman shook her head and pushed Miri's hand away. "You need not pay us. Blessed Be Your Path." Then both disappeared inside, the young woman giving her one last look.

Miri was startled for only a moment. She smiled softly and placed the amount needed to pay and more.....nearly ten gold coins, half of what was in the bag, onto the table. A soft word was said over the coins making so only she and the herb sellers could see them.Although some might not be effected by it, like Hal and possibly Cey. Those two had been around her the most so her magic wasn't as effective on them. She stared at the stall for another moment before turning away. "Blessed be your path as well."An old parting for travelers from her land....
It apparently had made its way here.

She returned to the group a little more silent but notheless happy. She smirked at Hal and the others. "Sorry it took so long." she had no doubt that they knew what had happened. After all a low leve;l theif could even read ips...and they hadn't been that far away.

Anonymous

Hal laughed, grinning. He had been turned, along with Ceyla, to read lips. Of course, Ceyla actually heard everything they were saying, although it was drowned out a bit by everything surrounding them and the noise. Ceyla frowned slightly - why did they have to steal? Cey's previously chipper mood was drastically falling, drowning in the sea of uncertainty. Happiness and fun had a certain line. And when it was crossed... well, it could have horrible endings.

When Miri returned Hal grinned. He leisurely stretched and glanced at Sal who was talking with a rich woman. Hal's hands trembled - he itched to steal. He wanted to steal. But he knew that if he did he'd be slapped silly by Hal. Or even Ceyla. He knew when it was better to leave Ceyla alone. He also knew it was unwise to get on Sal's more intimadating side. For a healer, he knew one particularly painful spell.

"What are we going to do, Cey?" Hal asked, his eyes flickering to Ceyla's.

She brushed back her long pale hair and raised her eyebrows, tilting her head slightly.

"Enjoy it. I'm sure you two will get us kicked out before long. I know, definitly, you will, Hal. You always seem to, afterall," she said.

Hal only smiled.

Cey lifted her head slightly, glancing into the ground as she watched a growing dispute between two men. They didn't smell drunken, nor even appear so. But what she saw made her give a bitter laugh. It seemed they brawling over a woman. Quite the pretty little witch, too. Ceyla was naturally drawn to it, moon colored eyes flickering and glimmering.

Salus looked at Ceyla warily, then at Halyn.

Hal took the cue and rushed over to Cey, negotiating with her to avoid the fight. Cey and Barak were somewhat alike. Both had a darker side. A taste for blood one could say.

Anonymous

Miri raised an eyebrow. "I never get caught so why would I get us thrown out. Plus I have no trouble punching Hal to prove that you are not with us. Plus this goes to a good cause." She held up the bag her eyes flickering back to the stall for a moment noting the money was gone. She smiled slightly glad that they had taken it. At least they didn't have to worry about needing money for a while.
She watched Cey for a few moments before her eyes to turned to the fight. Men,......fighting over a woman....how pathetic.
It would be better off if the woman just chose which one she prefered.
Suddenly the senced changed slightly in front of her. Instead of the two men there was a a teen boy and a man. Standing not to far from them was another Miri....although much younger.
Then the sence changed back to normal. Miri slowly shook her head putting a hand to her forehead trying to rid the image from her mind.
It had been when she had first met Devin....he didn't know her yet he had helped her fight off a dumb man that wanted more than money. She looked at Cey again and smiled lightly touching the girl on the shoulder. "So what should we do? Seeing as you seem the most eggar to enjoy this place."

Anonymous

Cey ruffled Hal's head lightly. She had the urge to settle a fight... they never lasted long when Ceyla got into it. And she loved having the power to break up two idiotic grown men apart. It usually gave them something to think about, seeing a female be the one to split them up. But still, it wasn't any of her business. And there was always the chance she'd get more involved in the fight than initially intended. And that would be dangerous, even if she wasn't calling her sword, she was a very dangerous individual. With or without a blade to defend that.

"I like looking at all the stalls - usually artisans," Cey said, smiling and looking around.

"My parents used to be artisans," she said, shrugging and sliding between two people to get over towards a bright little stall with various trinkets.

Sal came back, looking worried but somewhat happier at the same time. He waved Ceyla back over to make the group a little huddle. He glanced at Ceyla and Halyn then at Miriam. He was grinning weakly.

"Apparently, there is a murderer lose. If we get him there's a chance we get alot of money. Thus, I think, if we hear or see anything, we should at least try. Miriam, only if you want too," Sal said, Cey and Hal nodding their agreement.

Anonymous

Miri's bright eyes shined at the girl's words. "That sounds like fun." When Sal came back over she watched him nodding slightly in agrement with the money part then pausing to think about it.

Well Keira? Should I?

You have made up your mind already....there is no stopping you, but if he gets near you I will kill him.

Miri grinned, a wicked grin not her usual carefree one but the one of a dog who just got the scent of something. "Sounds like fun. I always like doing things good for a town."

Anonymous

Ceyla was almost immediately into business-efficient mode. Like she could get rid of any problem if she handled it logically and analyzed it before deeming any solution possible or proper. It was just her way of dealing with anything they 'seriously' had to do. Considering Halyn didn't really change personality, Banji didn't change whatsoever, Barak remained quiet as ever, Eri just got sad so no one really talked about it in front of her. Salus was, well, Salus. He just stayed good ol' Salus, but she knew he didn't like having to hunt down or kill people. He was a healer, and he liked to help and heal people.

"Where was the last sighting? What time? What does it look for in its victims?" Ceyla said, asking.

Was it a serial killer? Or someone who just got a little too pissed one day? And how did they kill the person? Is it male or female? Where was the last killing? What area? Rich or poor? Her mind ran away - stolen by thousands of questions. Sal had to physically wave his hand in front of her and tap her cheek to alert her, her pale eyes flickering slightly before she laughed and shook her head.

"What did you say?"

"I said that it's highy likely it's female, she's killed 4 men, so far, and 2 women - husbands and wives, other two bachelors. They think early morning - it was after a party of a middle class family. They were celebrating the birthday of some man, although he wasn't killed. Nothing was stolen from them. There heads were sliced clean-off," Sal said in his patient voice.

"Wow. Interesting," Hal said, tilting his head curiously.