Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It was Fate

Started by Draconian, April 21, 2017, 10:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

[ @AevumEternity  ]

It was on a whim. Kallayenasifaren, so named by the natives, stood out in the crowd. He was perhaps one of the only one of his kind to have ever graced this island to his knowledge. They had been kind and curious and when he'd been lamenting to a friend about how lonely he was - even among so many people - he had suggested this very festival. While taking any sort of mate forever was a far away odd idea, Kal could appreciate the companionship. So, he'd entered his name into the jar and waited patiently for his name to be called. It was one of the last ones.

Today he wore his best human clothing. An appropriate dark blue robe with purple hightights wrapped around him, leaving the tip of his long black tail exposed along with his feet, his long black hair hung over his shoulder - right where he could absently fiddle with it. While odd looking, there was a raw masculinity to him and Onyx - or Kal - could be considered handsome to the brave and odd looking to the frightened.

His ears twitched, listening for a Thanati name.

That wasn't a thanati name.

What name was that?

Kal repeated it silently on his way up to the front and he looked to the woman before him. A curious blink, a little wave of his tail. She was the right size! Wasn't too small. A quick examination told him that she'd probably be able to have children just fine - which had him make an odd chirping sound in his throat - and he smiled at her, careful to keep his extra facial feature in check. A wave of his tail behind him and Kal nodded his head down at her and gave a little purr before he opened his mouth.

"Hello. I am Kallayenasifaren - You may call me Kal, I believe I am your Husband now, we will have a wonderful year together" Kal spoke in plain common, a slight accent to his voice - But this meant that she was his and he was hers! The idea pleased him to no end and he looked down at his little oddly coloured wife - definitely not a local. That was okay though, she was his now and he couldn't want to start their year together - there was so much to learn.

AevumEternity

Hakon Kilandre stood there before the stage, still puzzling over the mischievious pixie that had tucked a red bloom into her hair and the possibility of actually being married for the sake of a festival. Would that mean she was stuck on this island for an entire year? What if he husband actually took this nonsense seriously? What if her husband-?! A voice, low, raw and akin to gravel caused her to turn in surprise and tilts her head back with slowly widening eyes to the scaled creature that towered above her.

Her hands tightened in fists as she hugged the cloak more tightly about her as she tilted her head back to stare at his face. She tried his name under her breath Kalayensifaaaarentaulfshu?? She would stay with Kal for now, it was much easier. Vaguely, she noticed the vaguest lump of a tail protruding from his backside and she couldn't help but feel the vaguest thrill of unease. What... Was he? Aven would know but- she stopped herself from going any further, if she thought too much of him, she would go mad with sorrow.

Swallowing, she forced a tiny smile and briefly bow her head," My name is Hakon Kilandre, Hakon is fine," she speaks carefully, her tongue forming te words of the native language causing the words to sound rather thick and unkempt like thick butter, nonetheless, she hoped he appreciated her effort... Maybe he would allow them to spend merely a day together and part ways? That would be a Godsend-

Draconian

She was perfect.

Kal smiled brightly down at her, his ears up before he reached forward and gently took her shoulder. "I'll be the best husband for a year!" He exclaimed, pleased with the thought. How exciting! A whole year of just... Being with someone. Kal relished the idea.

Someone just for him! For a whole year!

"Hakon," he said, guiding her away from the stage before he smiled at her again -it would appear he couldn't do anything but smile. "I speak common," he smiled when she tried the words, "but if you would like to practice thanati I speak that, too." He moved his hand down her arm to take her arm and he looked down at her.

"I would like to get to know you," he stated, "And then we will get along."

AevumEternity

He was... Unique.

She blinks up at him as he wraps his arm over her shoulders and begins to guide her away, so maybe he was a little too enthusiastic about all this. Nonetheless, she forces herself to relax against this, er- lizard man, her hands firmly keeping her cloak shut about her as she walks with him, the slightest hiss of steal sounding from her sword jingling against her hip.

" I would like to... Speak Thranti more," she tries carefully,  nodding slightly at his declaration," But if need be, you may speak whichever tongue you would like." Her words were unpracticed, perhaps uncouth, or perhaps it did not matter one way or another. But nonetheless, she found the idea of learning more about this mysterious man's race invigorating.

" Yes- Lets er.... Where will we go?"

Draconian

Kals eyebrows shot up. Go?

Where would they go?

His ears flicked, recognizing the sounds of metal under her cloak but...Hakon had yet to hurt anyone and she was his now - sort of. With a time limit. The Thanati Elder said so and Elders word was law.

"We can go to my home?" He started, then paused, "our? Home?" Was it her home now too? He smiled again and put his hand in her head, finger tracing the flower delicately before he just ... Smiled.

"I can teach more thanati. And we can learn of one another!" He grinned, "do you have questions for me?"

AevumEternity

Instinctively, her head jerked from his hand, years of constant warfare and paranoia took their toll regardless of how strong a person of any type would believe themselves. A soldier would come home to his doting wife and children, relieved to be out of the claws of war and the maw of death... Only to wake up with his hands around her throat, wringing the life from her as his children scream- because war never lets anyone escape without a fight. Her eyes had dulled over as these thoughts whirled about her head, but blinking those thoughts rapidly away, she forced a smile. She forced herself to stay still as the petals delicately bounces back after Kal's fingers passed over them.

" That sounds... Nice- uhm- thank you," she started in her odd, thick Thranti. 'Our', did he say 'our'? Perhaps she should clarify- bring him down now rather then later. The cool stone ring upon her finger a reminder she had already promised herself to another... No matter whether he was in this life or the next. She kept her emotions in check, though everythinng seemed a reminder of him.

The Major smiles at him, tries to," I will... Think of questions for you," she promises carefully

Draconian

Kal just smiled at her. The flinch didn't go unnoticed but he chose not to comment on it. He knew nothing of his Wife, so, perhaps, judging by the sound of metal, a warrior of some kind. Though, she agreed to go to their home and his ears perked up and he had his arm curled around her back and slowly he guided her away from the ceremony. It was all done, it was just people celebrating now.

He smiled at her, "Why do you wear that?" He asked softly, looking at her cloak, "Aren't you warm?" His voice was soft as he guided her along to his home.

AevumEternity

In truth, she was sweating profusely, as if on queue, a droplet rolled down her back between her shoulder blades, tracing a cold path down her spine beneath her clothing. Alas, she didn't like exposing... Herself, persay. She had attempted in wearing some loval garb and the result in truth made her quite uncomfortable, hence the heavy woolen cloak she clutched about her as if it was the only thing anchoring her to Ansgar's green earth.Following the tall scaled man, she forces a tiny smile.

" I am... Very, very, very hot," she confirms with a soft laugh, repeating the word 'Very' in Thranti as if using it as an excuse to think of what to say next," But- I feel... Unahppy in the clothing I am in-" switching carefully to her native langauge she spoke," I feel uncomfortable, otherwise- I uh- hm... I apologize," she starts and stops hesitantly. Social interaction was mever her forte and this was merely one example of hundreds she could add to that file.

Forcing herself to relax, she released the hem of her cloak, reaching upward to carefully reach upward, attempting to braid her long hair over her shoulder as they walked. Her fingers briefly brushed his chest as she moved them through her hair- his scales felt hard yet warm. Causing her to look to him with surprise- vaguely she blushed but- she did not know why. Maybe the whole implication of being wed made her akin to a legitimate blush bride, how embarassing.

Draconian

Kal just watched her, yellow eyes calm and he started to reach out to touch her again but... Right. Hand shy. He kept his expression stoic while she spoke and he smiled at her stumbling words, entertained that she chose to speak thanati instead of her native language. Obviously he was no Thanati, his own was decent but he wasn't a native speaker. A tilt of his head and he watched her braid her hair and he guided her along while they walked.

"If you're unhappy with your clothing," He started, switching to common so that at least in someway she would be comfortable, "You could just wear something else." A little smile and their walk continued. Could his wife be more beautiful? Her hair was lovely. Her eyes were lovely. She wasn't tiny or dainty like some of the women he'd seen - of course, she was those things compared to him. Who wasn't?

"You are not Thanati," He observed, "What brings you here?"

AevumEternity

Hakon carefuly lowered her hands from her hair as she finished the braid, fastening it with a leather band before she hesitantly reached to her throat- glancing at him," I will make do, do not fret," she answers in common as she carefully unclasps the pendant, sliding the thick woolen cloak off of her shoulders.

Her shoulders shone slightly with a sheen of sweat, the tunic was loose and left her arms free- the dark blue tunic was fastened by a small collar of fabric that hugged her throat and swept downward, leaving her entire back exposed just above her hips before sweeping back into a long, flowing skirt that paused just above her ankles. It was rather obvious the woman was unused to such exposure- scars, both small and large littered her skin like patchwork, neither particularly marring nor attractive.

Hakon was now blushing quite a bit, and the knowledge of doing so made her skin flush even further - a rather vicious cycle to say the least as she looke down and folds the cloak over her arm.

Tags: