Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shadow of his former self [M] [AevumEternity]

Started by Wycliff, May 07, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Aven's grin softened, and he scooped her up in his arms, lifting her with no trouble at all. Strangely, there were no black tendrils under his skin assisting in the endeavor. He kissed her forehead lightly. "I think it's time to rest, we can continue tomorrow." He carries her to the bed, a tendril of shadow emerging unbidden from his shadow and pulling the sheets back for Aven to set Hakon down, and lay down next to her. As the covers are pulled over the two of them, he snuggles up against her back, reveling in the knowledge that he was no longer alone. He had Hakon once more, and that was truly all he needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

The Sun Rose Hours Later...

But the pair remained undisturbed, as was expected for the General to be relatively hung over from the Grand Master's ball the night before. Hakon Kilandre had snuggled close into the chest of her lover, awakening with a sputter when she nearly inhaled a ball of his long hair. She sat up, coughing and spitting, her head throbbing. The previous night was a dream, she must have smoked something or drank something that gave her the illusion that he was-...

No, but there he was. Alive. She inhaling his hair and spitting, grimacing. She wanted to wake up, squeal and yelp like an excited colt but- she simply pressed her face into her knees, what if he wasn't... Whole? Dying and coming back was an unholy journey, an even unholier accomplishment... What could that possibly mean? What had he done to come back?

Wycliff

Aven awoke from his blissful sleep to the sound of Hakon choking, and an odd tugging on his hair. His eyes opened groggily to the sight of Hakon pulling silver strands from her lips, contemplating something serious. There was something different about her now, he could tell from his memories: she was worn down, less trusting of the world, it seemed. He couldn't blame her: her fiancé had died before her eyes, then returned from the grave, it couldn't be easy to accept. Were it not for the only memory he had of the void, he wouldn't be able to accept it very easily, either.

A year earlier...

Darkness. Aven supposed it shouldn't surprise him, the light had been his enemy in life, even been his demise. The blackness of night should have been a comforting prospect: but this darkness was different. It was the eve of nothing, an eternal, lightless void. The darkness he knew was the absence of light: this was an existence in and of itself, an idea that he found frightened him.

A voice rang out through the void. So you have come. It was everywhere and nowhere, vibrating through his very being. He tried to answer, but found he could not. In fact, he could not feel his body to do so, and panic began to set in. This place has many names: the Void, the Dark, the Unknown, and I am its keeper, the Scion. Welcome to the realm of Dark Matter.

A small light shone from below Aven, prompting silence from the voice. The voice spoke no more, as if realizing something, leaving him to waste in the darkness, alone.

AevumEternity

Noticing her was awake, she immediately turned, squirming in the blankets as she draped herself overtop of him- pressing her lips to his neck, murmuring sweet nothing to him. She hugged him so tightly about the neck it was nearly suffocating. Her head hurt, she felt as if her nose was about to begin bleeding, all of this was surreal and she felt sick to her stomach because of that. Tilting her head upward, she again pressed her lips to his cheek, murmuring her 'good morning's and 'I love you's again and again. She wanted to forget the past year, though she had clawed her way to a rank no one woman had held before her, she was... Hollow during that time. The only fulfillment she had felt was during that spar with Zannrick Austengarde the night before his appearance, the thrill of perhaps a night- a lover- one that she refused to pursue. She was glad she had not fallen into Sir Austengarde's arms, though his companionship had assisted in closing the wounds she had felt completely.

Nonetheless, here he was, the love of her life.... In her arms,"... My Aven," she breathes his name, nuzzling his thick, silver mane," Where have you been?"

Wycliff

Aven nuzzles back, giggling playfully as he massages her shoulders, choking slightly as she nearly squeezes the life he'd just regained away. He hesitates to answer her question, though, his gaze flitting away. "I was alone, in the void. I... don't want to talk about it." He didn't want to worry her, and to tell the truth, he wasn't sure on the details himself. The realm of Dark Matter... he would need to find out more before he could divulge that information to Hakon. He smiles once more, kissing her cheek. "I'm here now, we're together again."

AevumEternity

She cupped his face in her hands, her gaze flickering over him. A Void? That didn't sound good in the slightest," How did you get out? Get home?" She asks softly, worriedly, her head pounded. What if there was a way to escape death? This Void- was it what everyone experienced when they passed on? How horrible...

Her eyes glaze over slightly as thoughts race through her mind at a mile a minute, slowly she sank down beside him, pressing her face into his white mane.

Wycliff

Aven cuddled closer, blushing as his chest pressed against her ample breasts. "I can't be certain how I escaped, but looking back, I'm certain it wasn't any afterlife normal beings would face: it had a sense of impermanence, like I wasn't meant to stay there."  His gentle smile attempted to pull her from her depressing thoughts. "There's no reason to worry, I did not need to make any deals or bargain with any demons. I simply reformed here, in the room, next to the-" Glancing over, Aven spotted the ring, and his eyes widened. "The ring. It... brought me back to you."

AevumEternity

She pauses and reaches over to retrieve the ring, rolling the platinum ring between her thumb and forefinger as she rested her hand over his chest,"... Your heart is in here, thats what you told me, so I've kept it here." She admits softly," Because- I... Felt more and more alone each time I touched it if I brought it with me," Looking down, she closes her eyes.

" I missed you, so much... Aven,"

Wycliff

He clasped his hand over hers, enclosing the ring within her hand. "I suppose I could say I missed you, but it seems I was with you every night." He reached over and tilted her chin level to face him. "That's all I could ask for." He gazed into her eyes lovingly, and pressed his lips against hers in a soft kiss.

AevumEternity

She returns the kiss tenderly, but uncertainly. He had been dead, what if he was still dead? But he was warm- her hand unconsciously drifted to press against his chest, to find his heart. She wanted to be sure, no one had come back from death before- NO ONE. Had he really died? Had he gone somewhere else? Some other plane? Whatever it was, she wasn't sure if she wanted to know.

" Do you still have the ring I gave you?" She asks quietly

Wycliff

Inside his chest, the rhythmic thump of his heart beat a happy tune. Aven nodded down to his left hand, where the Kilandre family heirloom rests on his ring finger. "I couldn't lose something so precious, could I? You kept the ring I gave you, it's only fair I do the same."

His thoughts wandered. It'd been a time since they'd exchanged those rings, shouldn't they...? Aven clasped his other hand over hers once more. "Haki... I think we should have the ceremony soon. I want to be by your side always, even in public. I couldn't stand keeping my distance once again, being apart from you simply isn't a sacrifice I'm willing to make anymore." His eyes are as earnest as his words, if not both a bit naive.

AevumEternity

Hakon's eyes flicker to his, she furrows her brow weakly," I... Aven- I..." she trails off before resting her cheek against his chest, how could she say this?

" Everyone believes you to be dead, if... You were to come back, what would we say?" She excuses weakly, looking back at him

Wycliff

Aven's brow knitted, his mouth flatlining. Come to think of it, how did he come back? The laws of equivalent exchange were expressly violated when he reformed, it didn't make any sense... unless... Of course! Hakon said that I burst into particles: those particles must have regathered at the ring, since it was made from a piece of my heart!

Aven smiles once more, stroking Hakon's hair. "We'd tell them the truth: I wasn't actually dead, only lost, and held prisoner by Caster's magic. It's the truth, as I was captured by him once before, remember?" He winks slyly. He was a man of his word, but that didn't mean he couldn't structure his words accordingly.

AevumEternity

Hesitating further, she found this all so difficult to believe but nods shortly," But- please, lets be patient a little longer," reaching up, she squeezes his hand and sits up slowly, looking away," The war is nearly won, my love, give it a few more months and we can do it-"

She was... Uncertain what would happen when the war was won, what did Generals do in peace time? Politic? Oh... Oh dear. She grimaced slightly but flashed him a warm smile. Still- she was in shock, reaching up to stroke his cheek tenderly- still disbelieving he was truly there

Wycliff

Aven took note of the brief look of disgust on Hakon's face. Unbidden, a sad twinge of emotion shot through his chest. Did she... have someone else?

It was only natural, after all. Aven was unsure hoe long he'd been gone, but Hakon did look visibly matured somewhat. Since they never were married or had children, she may have been forced to find a different suitor. Could that be why... she wasn't wearing the ring?

Aven swallowed his emotions. It did make sense, but it wasn't his place to judge. He'd left her all alone for gods know how long, he couldn't blame her for seeking comfort. He adopted his normal smile after the brief shock, trying to act as though it were nothing. He wouldn't press the matter, it wasn't his to decide. "Alright, I can certainly wait till after the  war. Just promise me you'll stay safe, ok, Haki?"

AevumEternity

Pausing, she realized her face must have contorted in a way that caused him to... Grow worried. Smiling faintly, reassuringly, she shifted to straddle his chest, reaching down to cup his face in her hand as she presses her forehead against his,"... We're still engaged, so do not worry, I will stay safe as long as you do," she promises softly. Pressing her lips tenderly against his, she runs her hands through his long mane, musing softly," We'll have to get this cut though,"

Wycliff

Aven's heart beat a few ticks faster as she spoke, his worries washed away by her words. There were few things in his life he'd attribute to workings of the gods, at least in his favor, but Hakon was one of them. Whatever he did to deserve such a loving woman was beyond his understanding. Perhaps, he'd traded all the fortune in his life for her. If so, he'd make the same trade a thousand times over if need be, just to stay by her side.

A small chuckle escaped his lips as they parted from hers. "We can worry about appearances later. Right now," He wraps an arm around her back, propping himself up to draw her into another passionate kiss, before pulling their bodies together and bringing his lips to kiss her neck. "I want to make up for lost time."

AevumEternity

Tilting her head back to allow him more access to her neck, she closed her eyes- furrowing her brow slightly though a tiny smile curled her lips," How so?" She teases softly, carefully wrapping her arms about his slender torso. Her fingertips gliding up and down his back soothingly as she leaned back slightly- her mind still felt hazy, her temples felt clogged with cotton... Alas, the feeling of his skin beneath her hands was enough to throw a tidal wave of peace over her. Thank God- Thank God he was here, with her.

Wycliff

Aven planted a few more kisses on her collarbone before answering, rolling her over onto the mattress beside him playfully, and snuggling as close as possible, the heat of his body intermingling with hers. "By cuddling you tight and never letting go, my dear Major!" If possible, he'd follow through with the threat, too.

AevumEternity

Squealing with delight despite herself, she holds him tightly, nuzzling his thick hair as a giddy smile curls her lips. This joy she felt was almost enough to split her chest. God- God there had to be a divine being that could make her feel this way. Her legs wrapped tightly about his, arms hugging him as her fingernails dug into his back, dragging him as close to her as their bodies would allow.

" I love you, Aven- don't disappear on me again, dammit," she breathes, tears glinting in her eyes despite her words," Please- please-" her voice muffled by her rather harsh nuzzling.