Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Galixa Expedition

Started by WallyD, May 10, 2017, 06:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Leonard Lin'han was cooped up in his Obsovatory again. The Stardust Obsovatory was pretty far from town, basically secluded. It was rested on the top of a cliff, the building wa three stories up, a large scope was jutted out to the side, aimed at the sky. The building itself was partly built into a tree, half was of tree and bark, the other of wood planks and metal cone that rested around the telescope.

Leonard had set up his help wanted posters over a week ago. He didn't mind, mostly because he didn't even notice, thus why he hadn't leave his office. He was currently trying to decipher one if the journals that finally came from the carrier.

Leonard had bought it last month but it takes time to get to one place to another. It was from the dragonriders in Adela. An ancient dragon had cataloged the stars, naming most of them after is brothers and sisters. The language of the Dragons were of short words, most of it depends on the accents, giving it a long dragged out sounds much like growls and sharp tounge.

Leonard sighed in frustration. He only knew a few words, and even though he knows most of the accents, they still didn't help make the language come naturally. Gods, I need to work on my language skill. The best mind is a full mind. Leonard's thoughts were inturpted by a low growl. Leonard looked up and, turned in his chair facing the door. Someone was definitely coming up the stairs...

Grgr

It licked it's paw. One of It's master's asked It if It would do one thing for him. It reluctantly agreed and here it was, being rudely carried by man with clammy hands.

"S-sir?!? I have a.... a cat..... With a note for you...." The man says hesitantly. Normally he would have shooed the cat off, but the mana that the card held was enough to make the other faint on contact. Even he could barely hold the cat. The man knocks on the door.

"Sir?"

*Note
Dear master Lin'han,

My name is ******(Insert famous strong person name) I have seen your Help Wanted poster. As I am in need of the money, but have other business to attend to I send my familiar in my place. It is just as strong as me and will do his duty to his utmost ability.

From Master ******(Insert famous strong person name)

Sheshia

(OOC: if yuo want me to delete this post and wait for a bit latter let me know :3 I wont mind)

Well seemed like someone was already there byt the sounds and smell of it. Shyirin came to the conclusion. He has seen someone enter the observatory with a cat of all things. This might actually get intersting!

Shyirin made his way up the stairs grumbling, of all things a cat. He did not mind cats that much but they just smelt weird to his nose and are just to quiet sometimes spooking him when he is walking around a city or a town at night. Like he was doing when he saw the poster in a few areas and just wanted an adventure.

"Uhh hello?" Shyirin calls out and nearly bumps into the person holding the cat and worked his way around him then waves, "Oh hello sir." He smiles, "Probably here for the same reason those two are." He points at the cat and the person holding it. Man if that cat sensed what he was it might go imto a hissy fit and well ruin a few things. Which Shyirin would gladly go back into hiding if it did.

Vixus

The day before, Cygnus had left his small manor to go to the market, he had been low on food and didn't feel like hunting that day. As he made his way there, late in the afternoon (to avoid too many people), his left foot caught a poster on one of his claws. He lifted his leg to rip it off, and nearly just threw it back on the ground, yet his curiosity was caught by a glimpse of the words or something. It appeared someone needed help with a job, an *honest* job at that. He read the page once more and half way through, his stomach grumbled... he was a bit low on cash, he might as well. Of course this "observatory" that was the meeting place was on the other side of town.

The next day he set off. He finally made it to his destination by the time the sun was getting low but not sunset yet. He had been running there on all fours since he was outside of the dense city. Just before he reaches the observatory, he slows down and begins to walk upright as he nears the structure. He senses that there are already people there, and sneezes a little... apparently a house cat too. He didn't like the things even in his mortal life.
He goes up to the door, and reaches out to knock on it, but freezes. He really doesn't know if this would be a friendly encounter or not. His fear just keeps him locked there, not able to knock, it's too late to leave, he just stands there blocking the door way with his fist curled about to knock, but not able to... hopefully someone comes along and can force him to choose.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Mtabrak

Buxise strutted through the streets but nobody noticed. He paused and looked around then put up his head even higher and strutted around with a merry cloppity-clop-cloppity-clop as his hooves hit the ground. As everyone near him ignored him, Buxise became disappointed and hung his head. He came to an alley where he decided that he would stand for the night. The ground there was much too dirty for his perfectly groomed hair to be laid on. Buxise sighed and closed his eyes. A mouse skittered by in front of him. First he opened one eye, then the other. He responded to the mouse with a wailing screech "YOW-O-WOWY-YAH-MA-WHAAAAAA!" It rang from everywhere and the mouse ran, frightened from the sound. The wailing slowed into small shrieks. "YAH..Mhouse..mama-peppers...filthy creatures." It must have looked very peculiar, a horse, screeching at a mouse in an alley. He put down his hoof that he had raised to get away from the thing and let out a breath of relief. A small group of people had came to investigate the noise. "Hello, I am Buxise Retkiras." he said looking at them, hoof to his chest.

WallyD

Leonard blinked, looking at the two and the cat. He stood up groaning and walked over taking the note. He read it and scoffed.

"I don't see how a cat will do If I have my dog." He said. Leonard looked over at the boy. "I'm assuming your not the owner."

"N-no sir." The messanger stammered

"Then you may go." Leonard said handing the boy some coin . The messanger bowed, set the cat down, and left the   room quickly, briefly stopping to look at the other man in the room. Leonard folded the letter, placing it into his coat. He looked back at the other man.

Leonard looked around for a sword or any weapon of some sort. Leonard let out another low sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. He walked back to his desk and sat down heavily.

"Im assuming that your here because of the flyer and not to my apprentice, right? When I posted those I was expecting someone one who was more..." He waved in the other man direction. " Equipped. There is danger on this expedition. I need those who can fight. Not a cat and a young man."
--------------------------------------------------
Down stairs a young messanger hopped down the last steps and quickly open the door, freezing. There was a large shadow towering over him, it's hand in a fist ready to knock at the door. The young boy shifted and cleared this throat.

"Um, this is an p-public place, sir. No n-need to knock just walk right inside." The messanger said in a rush, dashing past the man. "The old man is upstairs​!" What kind of guy needs these type of people?! Is he crazy! the young man thought, running back into town.

Vixus

Just as he decided to knock on the door, it opened, causing him to end up tapping empty air. A young courier ran very hurriedly past him, telling him that it was a public place. "do i really look that scary?" he mumbled. He shrugged and walked in slowly. So it was one of those jobs he thought to himself as he rolled his eyes just a little bit. He climbed the stairs to the top, moving in smooth silent motions as though he were on the hunt, but simply because he didn't want to draw attention to himself. Once he was there, he began looking for someone that appeared to be in charge in some way or another.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Grgr

(OOC: Lol, everyone, but Leonard, is basically an animal. We have a cat, wolf, horse, tiger, and a dog....)

It grumbles and licks itself as it was set down. It hear the one his master sent him to help, basically bad mouth him. 

It stands up and carefully walks to a non-burnable part of the room. It stares at this Leonard and in a bright, but completely silent, flash of red light shapeshifts into his fire form. The floor instantly blackness and and the temperature rises by a couple of degrees, but no fires.

Sheshia

(Ooc: Shyirin is a werewolf but close enough XD)

"Actually sir. I have a fair bit of experience and am stronger and faster then lets say most men. I can tske care of myself for the most part, lets just say I have rather unsettling incidents in my years." Shyirin shrugs. He'd definitely help out. The man did not know what he was or what he was capable of, "Don't just book by their covers. Particularity in this world sir."
The hair in the back of his neck prickles when the cat changes the tempature and looks at the cat, "See what I mean?"

Mtabrak

Buxise sighed as the crowd thinned out. There was movement behind him. He reluctantly turned around.  He looked down and noticed a hole, small but big enough for a mouse. Or two. Or a thousand. They started pouring out, disrupted by the screech he made. Buxise yelled and ran as a hoard of mice poured out of the alley. ¨YAH-AH-AH-AH! WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM?!?!?¨ He ran and ran. When he slowed he found himself outside the city, surrounded by trees and forest life. ¨Oh. Its so pretty.¨ He looked around and then turned back the way he came. ¨Ah ha! Here. Or is it here? Where did I come from?¨ He huffed and then walked in a random direction. He walked for a long time before he decided that h should go that way. After doing this many times it faded to night and he came upon a a weird house-tree that had a huge metal thing that to be later found out, was a telescope. He thought that it was probably abandoned so he pushed the open door and entered. He
noticed there was light upstairs. He stepped up the first step, calling out ¨Hello? Nice people?¨ He looked at his hooves and realized that the forest was dirty. Muddy, gross, and dirty.

Vixus

(Ooc: in a way Cyg could be considered a were-tiger... except he's stuck that way.)
Cyg observes the interesting group of beings, sizing them up as both possible friend or foe (he had many companions turn on him in his lifetime).

As he approaches the door, he could almost sense a slight spike in hostility from the elder gentleman as he scanned the room. "You don't need one" Syg says, adding in "... and if you did, not many could save you. Fear not though, I am far more hesitant to kill than I once was."
(Edited to reduce meta gaming)

WallyD

"Fascinating!" Leonard said, dropping down down on all fours when the cat light up. It looked like he was inspecting an insect under a telescope. He stared at the cat for a moment longer before he spoke again. "I judge everything by what it looks like. Like this cat is still nothing but a cat it can not slay a beast three times it's size. I judge all day and all night, it cames with the fact I am a scholar. An scientist. An astronomer. Infact it's in the subconscious mind of every living thing to do nothing but see what is in front of them into consideration." He stood, groaning and turned to the other man.

"Yes, there is always more underneath the surface but that is not the point, young man. Can you cut down a beast in one swing? Are you able to take a hit without breaking a bone?" With each word, Leonard had taken a step closer to the man, till he stood right in front of him. "More importantly. You say that you can handle yourself. While that is a good quality it is not something that can be on this expedition. I myself can not fight, I have no shame of it, I spent all my life sharping my mind not my sword. That is why I had asked for help."

Leonard paused as another spoke. He paused and looked up, smiling. There was another fellow that had come up, speaking out. This is what Leonard had been expecting.

"Now that..." Leonard walked passed the young man and opened the door farther for the beast man to step through. "Is what I call a sword." Leonard turned back to the younger man. "Now don't get me wrong. I would never turn down help, especially from a young men hungry for adventure. Just understand if I become uneasy from one who look like they couldn't handle a stubborn fool like myself." Leonard chuckled to himself and walked back to his desk.

[OOC: hey, just letting you guys know it's best if it kept in order. It makes everything less confusing and no one is left behind ;P Thanks!]

Vixus

(Post ooc)
Posting order (mostly so that I don't forget)
WallyD (Leonard)
Meddler (the cat)
Catalina (Shyrin)
Vixus (Cygnus)
Mtabrak (Buxise)

Mtabrak

(OOC Medler only 1 d  :P
Hmm. I just noticed that only two people here I don't know in real life. But I do have a friend named Ekaterina, she goes by cat. And I have a friend named Vincent but thats not the same. )

Grgr

It licks itself as the fire fades away. It watched with disinterest as the Scientist walks up to the young man. The young man, had a weird smell about him, like when one has a pet dog, but this person was completely covered in it... Almost like the person was a dog.

After realizing that fact It curls up and buries its head within its paws, to go to sleep. Only to be rudely awakened by the smell of another cat.

It peeks up and sees the large cat beast. It yawns loudly and stretches, as if it had been asleep for longer than a couple of seconds, and stands up. It wanders over to the tiger beast and starts purr as it rubs agaist its legs.

Sheshia

"Trust me sir. I can fight. I had to do a good bit if it theoughout my life. Lets just say I'm a bit far from normal." Shyirin smiles remaining calm, what the scholar aaid was true atleast if you give it good thought. He must have been at this for a pretty damn long time if he figured all that out. "Though I must admit you are a very smart person sir. Which I like about you already."

He jumps a bit when someone opena the door. Ah another large cat. Just his luck well they all might turn out to be good friendly hopefully by the end of this expediton. If not Shyirin can just go his own way like he always did and do what he did best: disappear.

The newcomer was just a tiger beaat thing with a sword. That was the sad thing in his eyes, people relyed to much on weapons and spells. Both had their weaknesses and could break if it is a sword that is not made properly nor taken care of. So he just relied on his above average strebght speed and  self healing abilities.

Vixus

As Cyg reached the top of the stairs, he the door opened to reveal a man who was a bit older than himself. "Greetings sir. Indeed it is a large sword. I have carried it since I was young." he said in his deep and naturally groveling voice.  "Would you happen to be the... " He trailed off when he felt something gently press against the side of his leg. He looked down to find a cat rubbing against his boot. He stood there stunned for just a little bit. "Well hi there." He cooed, crouching down and scratching the house cat behind the ear. Looking back up at the older man (now comfortably below eye level for the man). "Sorry about that. I take it you are the person in charge here?"

Mtabrak

Buxise pulled some cloth out of his bag he had slung over his back, wiped his hooves and contined his climb. At the top he saw a huge cat-beast. "Well exuse me." He didn't think there would be people in a building in the forest. "Can I get through?" He asked wondering if he could fit through the doorway. But of course he kept his figure and wasn't fat or anything so he would probably fit.
(OOC: LOL [⇩Medler] It is a cat and used puppy eyes.)

WallyD

Leonard sat down at his desk and started to pet his dog.

"Hmm, well I suppose I am in charge, I did build the place. I guess that your also here for the expedition. Now let me see... where did I put it." Leonard turned back to his desk, shuffling through his papers, opening an closing his books. The whole room was quite a mess infact, even Leonard looked quite messy. He stood and walked over to a book stack and started to search through it as well.

"I know it to be here somewhere. I just had it." He murmured, scratching his head. Nina, his dog, wined and lifted her paw as if she was pointing. "Right! Good girl!' Leonard said, walking over to an end table, knocking over a pile of papers. He ignored it and opened the end table, pulling out bag.

"Here is some if the payment for coming with. If we find what we're looking for, you'll get the rest." There was a sudden sound of heavy foot steps then a voice spoke out asking to come in.

"Now who is it?" Leonard said trying to who was on the stairs.

Grgr

It stares at the horse in the doorway.

'....' It paws it's head and turns to Leonard. It gives a small mew  in the cutest voice it could, while staring up at Leonard with puppy eyes.

Tags: