Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Food?

Started by Anonymous, March 03, 2006, 02:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The wheeled one was the second to arrive, gliding noiselessly through back alleys and unused streets. Human lips grinned as it approached the inn, antennae quivering as it detected its quarry. For now, it delayed, relying on its ally already inside. If action became necessary it would take it, but it was content to wait. The last of its newly born bethren would soon be here, and if something went wrong the trio would be ready.

((I scare myself sometimes. Uh, not really sure what else to do here, I don't want them to just burst into the inn and start killing and capturing people, and they'd probably get destroyed by the characters inside anyway.))

Anonymous

Now came the part Aristide could do without.

He had disengaged himself from the group successfully, and once well out of sight or earshot booked it back to his room.  He was quick about changing into the much sleeker, darker clothing that allowed better freedom of movement and could still pass for street clothing, hurriedly packed the slim stuff sack that carried his very few necessary belongings, and re-slung his weapons, finally covering the whole deal with a nondescript traveling cloak.

A matter of moments saw Aristide outdoors and across the street, subtly concealed, a keen eye on the inn and waiting.

He took a moment to muse on the strange man in the hall, a man he had thought nothing of initially.  In retrospect Aristide decided the man had, indeed, either used some form of magic to detect his intentions, or was rather clever and perhaps even more of a quick thinker than himself.  He’d nearly disarmed Aristide of all his wit with a simple (and correct) declaration.  In either case the man would be an obstacle if he remained with the hawk, and Aristide could only hope he did not.

Aristide knew he would not miss the sleep he would lose watching the inn, even if it proved fruitless.  This was time to plan further, to accommodate for the strange man if he did interfere.

Anonymous

((Aha! I saw this eventually, didn't I? Actually, I've been really busy, back I'm back now.))

Tial decided he was going to get a chance for guard duty very soon. He didn't even want to think about the moral ramifications, all he wanted to do was maybe, just maybe, find the kind of loophole his master had, and continue protecting his quarry until eventually something he could use came up. It meant he might be fighting his ally, but anyone who created that kind of life was no friend of his.

He noticed intentions, but couldn't pinpoint them -- there were too many people wanting to do harm in this building to figure out which one was which.

Anonymous

Kathryn looked at Aceltia, with a blend of terror and confusion. So many things were happening at once - both internally and externally. It was now becoming very difficult for the angel to extricate the two, for they were too entwined now.

"Why is all of this happening?" she asked the hawkling beside her. Tears began to well up in her eyes. She was still very confused. Her senses were telling her that malice without words was everywhere, but her mind was telling her that Tial was not bad.

She was actually a little scared. When there was chaos, it was easier for one to attack. The angel suddenly wished that Noira or Infinity and Maeve were there. They were all very confident in themselves, and would not waver when faced with the threat of battle.

But Kat was a pacifist and tended to be delicate. Even the tiniest drop of malice could sometimes cause an inner tempest. She wished that her courage was stronger, and hoped dearly that there would not be any fighting...