Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Shoes, No Socks... No Problem (Private) [M]

Started by Blink, May 26, 2017, 03:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

His reaction at first was to be expected, and so Paisley barely even flinched when he began denying her joke of a request. However, when he called her by her first name it threw her off a bit. It had been a while since anyone addressed her as anyone other than Private Maika or Lieutenant Maika. It was almost refreshing in a way.

Her reaction was only more thrown off when he stuck his tongue out at her, causing her to almost giggle at the silliness of it. That too was refreshing, all of it was honestly. Paisley hadn't seen Stellan this relaxed since well... ever. That smile though quickly turned dumbstruck as he snatched the boot and flung it into the lake.

Standing there she stood with her arms outstretched towards the water, her jaw wide open as she choked on the sight of watching the bubbles signal her boots untimely descent into the water. "He didn't"

"Stellan!" she finally managed to get out, already beginning the process of sliding off her bracers. "When I get that boot back I am going to wear it until it falls apart at the seams! Just to burst your bubble!"

Someone who didn't know Paisley may have thought she was actually mad about it. But as Stellan should have known by seeing Paisley actually mad before, she was still joking around. After her bracers, Paisley slid off her bow and quiver before gently setting them down on the ground. After that, she removed the shoulder armor and chain mail along with the greenish shirt she wore under them.

Standing in only her undergarments and breeches Paisley then pulled her hair back, tying it back behind her head with a leather strap. All of this took place over a matter of seconds, and by the time she was done her clothing lay in a small pile next to the boots Stellan had made for her. She wasn't shy about her current attire, in fact, she hadn't even fully processed the fact she was standing very underdressed in front of a man.

In an instant, Paisley was then running towards the water, at first stepping off the bank before fully submerging herself as she swam in the direction of the bubbles. She was under for what may have seemed an eternity as she searched beneath the water's surface for her boot only to come up empty-handed.

Lion

"PAISLEY MAIKA! I'M TELLING ROLAND!"  Yet despite it all, it was much too late. Stellan stood on the edge of the water as she waded deeper and deeper from the embankment. What in the actual fuck!?

"MAIKA!" Stellan wasn't about to go in after her. No. Not on her life!  Except what was taking her so long to come back up? He waited with baited breath, hitching it and was about to wade into the water when she resurfaced.

"Paisley! Get back here this instant!  Now!  Come on! We have a fishing competition to finish," he said and pointed to his fishing line.  And how it was wriggling against the rock and the log.  Oh shit!  Stellan scrambled toward the pole, and pulled back on it, with all the might he could muster.

"All right, this better be a big one! Maika! OUT OF THE WATER! THIS IS IS!" He laughed and stepped back, holding the pole with his left arm, tucking it in against his body and pulling it back with his right arm.  And a fat bass emerged from the water. "AW HELL YEAH!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Blink

As Stellan pointed, Paisley stared. That fucker had gotten a fish before her and now she was one behind! Still, in the water, she watched on in disbelief as he pulled in the large bass. "Dammit, Stellan!" There wasn't even really a reason she was cursing at him other than the fact she was now pissed she was losing the competition that she wagered on.

Slowly she swam until her feet could touch, and then waded to the water's edge. Climbing out she stood as the beads of water slipped down her skin. Still completely drenched she turned towards him and placed a hand on each hip with a brow raised.

"So not only did I lose my boot because of you but I lost that fish!" Directing a hand to point at the fish Paisley hinted that it was his fault the fish did not bite on her own line. "If you had not thrown it into the water like that then I probably would have been the one to get the bite."

"Yes that's right Paisley. Make him think he owes you that fish."

She probably looked ridiculous at this point. Soaking wet, her breeches weighted down by the water entrapped within the fabric, hair sticking to the sides of her face and shoulders as it fell out of the leather she pulled it back with.

"It doesn't count!"

Lion

Stellen cackled, throwing his head with a wild toss of hair as he unhooked the moment it was finished squirming on the line. That one there was dinner! And he'd have to catch another to just make sure he stayed in the lead. There wasn't any way in hell he was going to let his balls shrivel up inside him in that cold icy lake.

"But you were more focused on the boot than the fish, darling!" he laughed again, already readying his line with more bait, and plastering it between the rock and log, securing it into place. He put his stump and hand on his hips in a heroic thrusting of his chest.  "That's how we great hunters fish! Bite that!"

And he threw a rock out to where her line was, never mind the fact that she was dripping wet...sopping with water, and her hair all drenched out, the blonde now darkened and mottled.  His eyes caught her a moment, and he flashed her a curious smile. And then flicked back to the quiet of the lake.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Blink

Paisley watched in disbelief as Stellan set up his line again and threw it into the water. Her frustration then began to build as he flaunted his 'hunting skills'. Then to top it all off he threw a rock into the water where her bait set, no doubt scaring away any fish that may have been tempted to take it.

She was so angry at him, yet deep down knew all of this way a game. Was he testing her? Trying to see how much he could push her buttons before she snapped? Or maybe he was trying to teach her to take a joke? It didn't matter as Paisley was not having any part of it.

Angrily she stomped off without so much as a word, her pants sloshing as she moved away. Before long she returned with bow and an arrow in hand. "I'll show you a great hunter!" she shouted as she notched the arrow in and very quickly shot at the water where a fish had just splashed.

Unfortunately, her attempt at hitting the fish was a failure as many things had been that day. Paisley stood there with bow still in hand as she stared at the water in disbelief, her eyes skimming back and forth as she hoped it was perhaps a delayed moment and the fish would float up at any moment.

After it was clear there would be no fish Paisley quietly set the bow down and walked over to her pole and sat beside it as she pulled her knees into her chest. Now she was just embarrassed, the color of her face reflecting the magnitude of it. She would sit there without saying a single word as she stared at the line disappearing into the water for as long as it took.

Hours passed without so much as a bump on her line. Not to mention a single sound coming from her mouth. This was probably the quietest as Paisley had been in, well forever.  Her anger towards Stellan had already subsided but the embarrassment still remained. The reason for her silence due to the intense amount of concentration she was pouring into the hope that at least one fish would take a bite... but nothing.

Still, half dressed Paisley sat with her knees still tucked against her chest as she attempted to mentally prepare herself for the inevitable. "Why did I ever make this bet!?" she groaned to herself as she placed her forehead on her knees. She already knew Stellan would never let her live this down and if any of the Legionnaires ever caught wind of this she would be more of a joke than she already thought she was to them.

However, Paisley then felt a jerk on her pole that was sitting next to her legs. Snapping her head up she looked down at the pole which was now slowly jerking towards the water. "No way!" she screeched as she uncurled herself and lunged for the pole, grasping it like the lifeline it was.

At this point, Paisley's frown quickly turned into the widest smile as she pulled in her catch and perhaps she was delusional with what she saw. "Look at it Stellan! I did it! I caught a fish!"

As she ran over to him with fish and line in hand she proudly flaunted the 4-inch long baby catfish in front of him.

Lion

Stellan just watched her quietly, observing that deep brooding look she had over being unable to nab a proper catch. In those quiet hours, he took the large bass he'd caught and let his line do the work for him (although he caught nothing either).

He cleaned and skinned the fish, chopping the meat as thinly as he could and carefully roasting it in the fire. He didn't say anything because it seemed that Paisley was capable of punishing herself enough for the both of them. He couldn't understand why, though. She was a perfectly fine hunter, and had no need to prove anything to him.

The need seemed to stem from something more personal, evidently. And in the midst of all that, he fixed the fillets out on a wooden slab and carried them over to where she'd been sitting until...

"HOLY CATFISH!" It was tiny. So so very wee and tiny and small but...  It was a fish!  "Aw man. Now we're neck and neck," he said with a cackle and gestured her over with his stubby arm.

"But before you celebrate, I made dinner. For you. I hope you like it!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Blink

It was obvious that Paisley was over excited by this small catch. Its size did not matter to her at all actually, it was just the fact that she finally caught something. Paisley had always been her worst critic, and failure was not something she took with stride. So this fish, no matter how small it may be, was a sign that through her perseverance she prevailed.

However, when Stellan presented her with the fish on a wooden slab her eyes widened further. "That looks delightful!" she chirped, throwing the fish down and taking the wooden slab instead.

Sitting in the grass beside where Stellan's pole sat Paisley began picking at the fish, placing small bits in her mouth as she savored the flavor. "So you can make excellent armor, magnificent weapons, can fish, and also cook... Is there anything you can't do Stellan?"

Lion

"I can't wield a polearm," he said with a snort. Oh, she was praising him now? Even after all the sulking and burning rage she'd had for him only hours earlier. She'd just needed a little bit of cooling off it seemed. And after losing to him with one fish, she was clearly more level-headed with her own little catch. Better that than having her completely miserable on this trip!

"I also can only make rowboats go in circles," he said with a nod.  It was affirmative, that with his missing hand it really only would go in circles. By the end of it he was snorting loudly and rolling backwards, havin to catch himself before he hit the ground. "But other than that, I'm only really good for taking notes and making sure all the equipment ends up with the right people. You know that's what I did right? I just ordered your gear and the smith actually fashioned it for you. The arrows though, I stamped the little bean right on there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Blink

Laughing with him the two found humor in Stellan's handicap. He really was a good sport about it, even able to make himself the butt of his own jokes.

But then Stellan started explaining to her the truth behind her gear. He hadn't made it, that part she could guess. She couldn't even imagine how difficult it would be for him to thread a needle, much less stitch an entire uniform. Stellan though was cutting himself short, leaving out the most important bit of information.

No longer laughing Paisley fell serious as she placed another bit of fish in her mouth. "And my bow? You made that did you not?" It was a rhetorical question of course... Paisley knew the real answer.

"Was it not you who carved the delicate arms and merged your father's weapon with mine? Was it not you who took the time to make sure it remained the same but was entirely different? I'm sorry Stellan but I think if anyone else had touched my bow they would have ruined it. Don't cut yourself short like that."

Lion

There it was again, that importance that relfected in her eyes when she mentioned that bow. it wasn't that hard to see, however. Considering how she chewed him out when he laugehd about it before, and now the gratefulness in her vision made him feel...well, blushing.

His face felt like it was on fire.

"That...  the bow, yeah I made that. Myself. I honestly didn't trust anyone else to handle it with as much care as I did. Because i wanted to make sure that what you got was the best and most functional piece of equipment you could ever own. And my father's bow...was given new life. I know how much it meant to you," he nodded, digging into his own plate of fish.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Blink

The moment Paisley noticed his face flush red she quickly turned her gaze back to the slab in her lap. Why was he doing that? All she did was state the truth. Even still the very thought of him being that moved by her words caused Paisley herself to blush, suddenly making the entire conversation seem somewhat awkward.

"I meant it when I said it was perfect..." she couldn't even bring herself to pick up another bit of fish as she began fiddling with her fingers. "... I will never be able to repay you for doing such a kind thing for me. I-I feel like I owe you so much more than I could ever think to give you."

Now it felt like her own face was on fire as the blood rushed beneath her skin. "What the hell is this? Why am I feeling this right now? Quick! Change the subject before you make even more of an idiot of yourself."

"Think it may rain tonight?" Immediately after the words escaped her mouth Paisley felt herself internally face palm. "Yeah Paisley that's just great. Make him think you would rather talk about a cloud in the sky than about the bow he made for you."

"I mean.... so I can put that nice cover over my bow if it does." Okay, now she was just making an idiot of herself...

Lion

It wasn't every day that he suddenly had all this praise and attention on him. One of the reasons he treasured being a quartermaster's assistant was precisely because he could still serve, still work without being noticed, without worrying about whether or not people would notice the deeds he did. It really didn't matter to him.

And other than Roland on a routine number of occasions, Paisley was the first person to actually thank him for what he did. So the blush came more naturally than he would have liked.

"Look, Paisley. I was happy to do it. Really. If you have to thank me for everything you did, we'd be out here all day trying to come up with something suitable. And you know, just being here like this. With you, is uh, really nice. Thanks for inviting me out. I needed it. And I didn't even realize," he commented.

Rain?  Yeah....oh the skies did look pretty angry.

Only then did Stellan feel his line begin to bite. "Oh, oh shit! Paisley! Help me! I think it's a bit one!" he said with sudden urgency. Round up to his feet, he reached for the fishing pole just as it was dislodged from being wedged between that rock and log.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Blink

She nodded at his thanks for inviting him out. It was the least she could do as far as she was concerned. Paisley couldn't even imagine what it would be like to be stuck at camp every single day doing nothing but carrying out orders. Everyone deserved a break every once in a while.

Whatever kind of moment they were having though was halted when Stellan's pole began dislodging from its place. "Get it Stellan!" Paisley herself jumped up to try and catch the pole in time, just barely getting her hands on it before it became out of reach.

Even with the pull coming from the water below Paisley managed to hand it off to him safely. From then on she watched in anticipation as he pulled in whatever was on the other end.

"Maybe it's my boot!"

Lion

Hand it off to him? Why!?

"PAISLEY! I SAID TO HELP ME WITH THIS DAMN THING!" Stellan was howling at the top of his lungs when the jerking motion from the pole nearly sent him forward into the lake and he caught himself just in time at the top of that rock.

"PAISLEY!" he yelped and tried two wrap his arm around the base of the pole, yanking it back as hard as he could.  "Grab the other end!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Blink

Staring on in completely and totally dumbfounded the words didn't register for a few moments. "Oh!" She yelled when it finally clicked that he needed her to actually help him get it in. "Stellan! What kind of bait are you using anyways!?"

Paisley then ran up and grabbed the end of the pole while Stellan held the base. Together they pulled and Paisley did her best not to go flying into the lake with whatever monster was waiting at the end of this line.

Still, barefoot her feet slid on the wet grass beneath her and Paisley fell back into Stellan a few times, but never once released her grasp on the rod.

Lion

Together their combined strength managed to pull the rod out of the water and on the other end of it was a squirming, humngous catfish the size of Stellan's torso and then some. He fell backwards with Paisley and was panting, exhaustion setting into the arms that damn near were ripped off by that fish.

"HOLY CHEESE WHEELS!" He exclaimed and while he had the opportunity, he cackled and reached his arms around her neck and pulled her in for a deep set smooch against her lips.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Blink

After what seemed like an eternity the beauty at the end of Stellan's line finally come to the surface. With one last tug, they managed to land the oversized catfish on the bank, but Paisley had also managed to land right in Stellan's lap.

Thankfully one of the many things required at mastering the bow was upper arm strength and so pulling on a rod like that was no sweat. Okay, so maybe it was a little bit... but not near as hard for her as it was for some.

With Stellan still behind her, Paisley attempted to catch her breath while she laughed from the pure joy of landing such a large catch. She was about to agree with Stellan and his less-than-casual exclamation on cheese wheels until she felt his arms go around her neck.

Before she could even react Paisley's lips were locked with his and for a second, she actually kissed him back. That was at least until she realized what was actually happening. As if just touching his skin were the cause Paisley flushed crimson once more from head to toe as she placed a hand on each of his shoulders and pushed him back.

Without a word she then scrambled backward out of his lap and towards the large fish on the bank. Her face was twisted in confusion and anxiety as she continued pushing herself back until before she knew it Paisley was falling backward off of the bank and into the water.

Thankfully the water was only knee deep and so only Paisley's bottom, feet and one of her arms were submerged. Her other hand was on her lips, touching them as if they may have fallen off.

"Did that just happen?" Paisley touched her lips again "Did I like that?" Her hand then met the other as they covered her eyes. "I did like it didn't I!?" And if it were even possible Paisley turned even more red.

Lion

She might have shoved him off of her, and that was all right with him because Stellan was completely ecstatic with that catch. He hadn't even realized what he'd just done and he wrangled the line closer to the ground and when the fish finally finished struggling, he unhooked the line from the mouth.

"What a beauty that is," he snorted and looked back to Paisley, who was standing in the water...  "Well, come on! Are you going swimming now? Let's do that! I don't care about the bet anymore. I could go for a dip myself after a haul like this!"

He stood up and yanked off his shirt, wrangling it off him as best he could and trudged over to the water, and then promptly tackled her into the water.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Blink

Still in complete shock, Paisley didn't even know how to react to Stellan tackling her into the water. Emerging from beneath the water's surface Paisley was coughing while she held a hand to her chest, strands of her hair stuck to her face.

"Stellan!" Paisley coughed again, clearing the lake water from her lungs. "Get ahold of yourself!" It was odd... Paisley being the level-headed one for once. Stellan was acting on impulse, something she was normally renowned for. If anything it made her self-reflect a bit on how perhaps it wasn't the best way to handle things.

Hoping it would help Paisley trudged through the water towards him, placing a hand on each of his shoulders her blue eyes bore down on him. Then, without any notice, she moved one of her hands and went to slap him across the face. After she remained silent, still fiercely staring him down while she waited for him to come to his senses, her cheeks still slightly flush from what happened moments before.

Lion

He was celebrating. He was having a perfectly good time and then a fish jumped up from the water and slapped him in the face!  That's clearly what it was because he was pretty sure still that Paisley was still having a great time. And hadn't at all just slapped him in the face, even though she was yelling something about him getting a hold of himself.

He stepped back after that slap to the face, now actually looking at her face and blinking stupidly. "Hey, hey, now. Uhhhh. One, Ouch," he muttered and rubbed at his cheek.  "What the hell was that for? I'm just...excited! I thought we both were? Sorry!"  He backed away, wading back to the surface. After all that fish wasn't going to descale itself.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: