Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Knight Errant (Salzem, Nova_Eclipse, Open on Request)

Started by Elector Count of WAAAGH!, May 27, 2017, 10:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

One of the thugs had a murdering glint to his eyes, as he held up his knife blade. "Oooh, all that fancy armor of yas aren't gonna do ya an-"

"Jimmy! THis isn't worth gettin' ourselves killed." one of the other thugs yelled as he started to back off.

The first thug glanced over at how many thugs had been knocked out so far, then splat on the floor, before raising his knife and at Richter and said "We'll be back, and when we do, oooooh, ya all be in trouble.... Let's go boys!"

"Jimmy" then legged it, along whatever thugs that were still conscious followed, as a small trickle of thugs ran away and disappeared down the road.

Gustav, meanwhile, finished subduing a thug he had previously been holding in a choke grip, and slowly got up. He took a minute to look around, Ace took this time to walk up to Gustav, sitting himself next to him before looking at Richter with a curious face.

After surveying the battlefield, Gustav was slowly nodding, before looking at Richter and said "You have one hell of a presence don't you? Must of scared the daylights out of them to make them run that fast."

Nova_Eclipse

"More like their sense of self-preservation won out over their desire to continue harassing you, in the face of a fully-armed and armored knight.  In any event, I'm glad that you and your canine friend are alright.  I heard the commotion from inside, so I knew that it likely wasn't anything good.  If you want, you could come inside and wait with me for...whoever it is you looked like you were waiting for when we first met," Richter responded with an offer for the man and his dog, gesturing with his free hand to the inn as he sheathed his greatsword. "Besides, I have a glass of water and a job to look into back inside, so two birds with one stone."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Had everything under control here, but thanks for the help anyways." Gustav gave a small chuckle. "Believe it or not, these fellows were the ones we were looking for, had some business with them but seemed like most of them buggered off..."

Distant footsteps caused Ace to bark at Gustav, who looked down the opposite road the thugs took. Seemed like the the town guards were approaching.

"Might take you down on that offer for a drink though, we are a bit thirsty. Ain't that right boy?" Gustav said, smiling and glancing down at Ace; who in turned looked up at Richter, smiled with his tongue out while his tail wagging.

Nova_Eclipse

"Well then, follow me.  You'll have to pay for your own drinks, though, since I barely even have enough coin to buy myself one...which reminds me of the entire reason I'm even in this town," Richter replied as he gestured for Gustav and Ace to follow after him.

As the trio entered the inn, Richter's thoughts drifted to his purpose in the town, and whether or not he'd be able to get the job.

Tags: