Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Escape to a New and Free Life... (PRIVATE)

Started by Anonymous, March 05, 2006, 10:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A small fifteen-year-old girl stood by the railing ear the front of the ship, leaning over the rails and taking in the sea air.  Once more she was free, for good this time, hopefully.  This time her brother and sister came along.  Now they didn’t have anyone who could bring any of them back.  She smiled.  Her gray white wolf ears twitched and her three tails swayed.  Her gray white short chopped, and crimped hair flapped about in the wind, her tire fiery red eyes staring out at the vast ocean.  A tube top, a pair of tight shorts and two very loose sleeves covered her body.  The sleeves were attached to the tube top, and a pair of lace scandals covered her feet.  She sighed, hoping for the best of luck this time.  She then turned her attention to her four-year-old daughter, who was actually having a good time on the ship.  "I'm glad you came with me this time." She said to her twin elf-type sister who approached.

The elf looking girl, with a darker skin than her sister, leaned on the railing beside her, only with her back to it instead.  Her hair was pulled tightly back with a long braid of white hair down her back.  A small amount of bangs spurted up from her forehead and her eyes were a darker blood red. Her clothing was a more modest, being a loose long-sleeved shirt and a pair of high waters and slippers.  She smiled softly, her elf ears tipping back a little.  "Y-yeah..." she replied guiltily, being the one forced to retrieve her kitsun-type sister last time.  She was very soft-spoken and naive.  She would have apologized again, but then her sister would just slap her again for apologizing too much.  She smiled thinking about that and cupping her previously slapped cheek while her sister glared at her to make sure she didn’t apologize again.  Her smile was directed toward her sister, reassuring her that she wouldn’t apologize.  

Their twin brother, who was just as feminine looking as them, not by choice, kept his niece company, playing with her.  He was just as small as his sisters being between four foot nine and four foot eleven.  His skin was a healthy tan, darker than his short blond hair.  Emerald eyes watched over his little relative, glancing over at his sisters every so often.  A blond monkey tail swayed behind the boy, poking out from his shorts.  He wore a semi-long sleeved shirt that cut off at half of the forearms and a pair of sneakers.  Returning his attention to the little girl, he smiled, holding her hands.  "You wanna explore the ship?" he asked chipper.  None of them seemed bothered by the large sailing ship's movement on the water.  "You wanna see from up there?" He pointed to the bucket on the mast.  

The four were leaving their 'home' and heading toward freedom.  They left Yoreiq Island from the port of Ainu and planed to sail from Tuor Ocean to Hivan Ocean and meet the main land in between the Serendipity and Adela kingdoms.  From there, they would have to continue their plan.  Right now they just had to get there.  The rest would have to be settled once they had gotten somewhere safe.  But this was no simple trip.  This was a large ocean to cross.  It would be a long trip.  They were lucky to have been let aboard this ship and they were grateful.  It would take days before they reached the specific mainland they were heading to.

Anonymous

The neice currently be amused was easily darker than her mother, aunt and uncle. Her skin was too dark to be called tanned, so dark in fact that it seemed black. Perhaps because of this dark skin, her wavy hair (half tied out of her face with a pale green ribbon while the rest swung free around her shoulders) seemed to be pure, alabaster white. The doglike ears perched on that mass of white hair and the three tails wagging excitedly behind her were similarly dark like the pelt of a 'silver' fox. She wore a jumper and stockings the same color as her ribbon and a pair of dark green shoes on her feet.

"I wanna see, I wanna see Uncle Miles, show me!" She bounced up and down eagerly, blood red eyes shining eagerly.

Zyre was happy to be away from the place they were before. It was so boring and it was full of scary people. This place was fun, but she didn't know whether or not the men in white suits were scary or not. Even if they were, she had her aunt and uncle to play with! Her aunt was naughty for some reason so Mommy always had to hit her, but her uncle seemed like he was usually good. Both were fun though, even if her aunt was naughty.

"Can we go all the way up? To the very-very top? I wanna see from the very top!" She was all but ready to explode away from her uncle, make a mad dask toward the mast that held the bucket, the rule kept her back though. Mommy said that if she, or Auntie Nikol or Uncle Miles held her hand then she had to stay with them until they let her hand go. Sometimes they could hold onto so long though! It wasn't fair sometimes, but to hold her hand they had to get close to her, she could get away if she wanted to...

"Let's go!" She said eagerly.

Anonymous

The boy, Miles, grinned at little Zyre's excited reaction, his beautiful emerald eyes taking in the sight of the happy child.  "Okay, okay."  He then gracefully picked her up by the hands and swung her around onto his back gently.  "All right then, hang on." He cautioned her, wrapping his arms around her legs for a piggyback.  He squatted and then leapt swiftly, almost literally running up the large netted rope with just his feet and tail balancing him as he hopped up the large ladder of rope. He was elegant in his movements, having to force himself to act a little more rugged, just to not look as feminine as he was.  Soon they were at the top and Miles hopped in the bucket beside the watchman.  The wind blew more, ruffling his clothes, whisping past them with a soft howl.  The view was much better from all the way up here.  Miles took in the open sea.  "Beautiful, isn’t it?" he turned his head to smile cheerfully at Zyre again.  

Down below, the girl's mother, Jezirae, just watched the two with an easygoing smile.  Showoff.  He was such a spaz sometimes.  Jez always though her brother was stupid for trying to act macho.  It just didn’t suit him.  She shook her head and giggled to herself.  She didn’t understand why he couldn’t just accept himself.  Boys were weird.  "Isn't he just adorable?" She asked, her eyes shifting over to her sister, Nikol, with a playful smirk.  

Nikol had a gentle and happy expression, thinking about Miles, until Jez had to say something.  She immediately blushed a little and looked away from them, glancing nervously back at Jez and the staring elsewhere. "U-uh...yeah..heh..."  She stuttered.  She didn't even know why she did that.  Jez knew her feelings, but Nikol could never bring herself to actually admit it.  

Jezirae's smile only grew at her sweet sister's predictable reaction.  "You are so spineless, Niki.  Even now, you can't tell me." She teased, poking fun at Nikol.  She then sighed and shook her head again, closing her eyes for a moment.  She then looked back up at her brother and daughter.  "Don't do anything stupid!" she called out.  

Hearing this, Miles' Expression clearly flattened.  He grumbled to himself and resisted the urge to get defensive at her like he usually did.  He wasn’t careless...much...  He shifted his eyes suspiciously, knowing she was right.  "Yeah, yeah!" he called back lazily, followed by an exasperated sigh.  "Please don't grow up to be mean like your mommy, kay?" he smiled at Zyre again.  

"Y-you are so mean to him sometimes..." Nikol replied timidly wit h a soft smile.  She brought her eyes back from the floor and looked at Jez again, only to receive a quirked brow and smug grin from her.  "H-heh..." Nikol immediately backed down; her elf ears tipping back again.

Anonymous

"Whee!" Zyre squealed as she was pulled up to his shoulders.

As excited as she was to go up to the top of the mast and see the entire world, she lost interest when her uncle jumped and ran up the pole! Wow! That was something new! She ignored the pretty blue water and the rather surprised man in a white suit that was up in the basket with them.

"Are you going to teach me how to do that?" She all but demanded. "I want to learn how! I'm fast, I can learn!"

She looked down at Mommy when she yelled up at Uncle Miles about being stupid. Nu-uh! There was nothing stupid about what he did! It looked like it was really-really-really-really-really fun!

"Kay," she agreed to the little pact, not to be mean like mommy. Whatever, she'd agree to anything if he taught her how to run up the masts in the boat.

Anonymous

"Heh." Miles thought about it for a moment.  "Sure.  I guess it's all right.  I don't have any problem with it." he grinned at her.  Young Zyre lost interest in the ocean so quickly, but Miles didn’t mind so much.  She was just a kid.  A very tiny kid, equal with the three in size comparison.  She was about two and a half feet tall.  Their growth was stunted since birth.  They never thought to ask why.  They just sort of got used to it.  "We can start now even!" He added to excite her.  "C'mon, we'll start at the bottom." And so the boy leapt from the basket and surfed down the large sail smoothly, hopping down the netting before reaching the ground.  He set down little Zyre and took her by one hand and stood next to her.  "You ready?  I'll hold your hand and you just follow along with me.  Don’t worry, I'll be here to help you if you slip." He explained and reassured her.

Jezirae trusted her brother.  In fact, he was easier on Zyre than she was sometimes.  That little demon loved to play like the kitsun she was, and Jez loved to play back equally with her adorable daughter.  She smiled at the two, always amused at her brother's soft side.  "Dammit Niki, you can be so pathetic." She laughed.  "I mean, seriously.  Are you ever gunna stand up for yourself?" She confronted her in the usual straightforward fashion.  

Nikol just looked away, forcing her smile, though it saddened her to know that she was too nice.  "I'm so..."She stopped herself before finishing the apology, in fear of being slapped again.  But unexpectedly, she was hugged and tensed up in surprise.  She relaxed easily though, since Jez knew where to rub her back to calm her.  Nikol blushed again and smiled for real again, returning the sisterly embrace.

Anonymous

"Kay!" Zyre said with a lot more energy than the one before it.

"Whee!" She squealed as he used the sail to get down. That was fun too! He'd have to teach her that too! First was the running up the pole thing though, since they had to be up before they could come down.

The pole looked a million feet tall, but Zyre was sure she could run up it. Maybe without any help! She couldn't let go of his hand though. But, in order to keep hold of her hand, he'd have to follow her wherever she went, and right now that wherever was up.

"Watch me Uncle Miles, I can do it!" she announced just before she ran at the post, clawing at it with her feet once she got there and running as fast as she could.

She ran two steps up before falling back on her feet. "That one didn't count!" She blurted, running at the pole again.

Two and a half steps. "That didn't count either!"

Anonymous

It was easy enough to follow little Zyre without weighing her down.  Miles was good at matching pace.  Since she wasn’t getting very far, Miles had no need to move from the ground just yet.  He smiled and giggled softly at her, nodding his head when she explained that those didn’t count.  "Here, I'll help." He matched pace with the small girl and hopped up to the first horizontal rope in the net, his tail wrapping around it to balance him while he held her hand to make sure she wouldn't fall off. "And again." He hopped once more with Zyre, making sure to be careful with the tiny girl.  Okay, that was a good start.  "You okay?  You wanna keep goin?" he asked sweetly, willing to stop if she felt it was too hard.  She was part Kitsun, so she had the natural talent, and the potential to do this as well as an older child.  Kitsun matured quickly, it just didn’t look it as much as it affected coordination and skill, and that didn’t chance her youthful appearance.

Jezirae released her sister and turned around, standing closely beside her, leaning against the railing. She nestled her head on Nikol's shoulder and watched Miles and Zyre play and smiled softly.  "Are you happy that you came with me this time?" she asked Nikol in a warm whisper.

Nikol tilted her head to rest on Jezirae's and sighed through her nose.  "Yeah..." she replied softly, happy that Jez was happy, and happy to be with her again on good terms.

Anonymous

There was only so much to do on a boat, but Zyre was determined to do it all and then some on their journey to wherever they were going. Once she thought about asking Mommy or Uncle Miles or Auntie Nikol about where they were going, but she saw the biggest bird in the entire universe dive out of the sky and fly along the water just after and forgot all about it when she went running to the rail to watch it.

She thought about it again a couple days later but forgot it after Uncle Miles showed her the view from the bucket on the big wooden thing in the center of the boat. Then she tried to run up the mast for a couple days, with Uncle Miles and without Uncle Miles. She could do it better with Uncle Miles, but she was getting better at doing it all by herself, she thought. Once she got five whole steps up the rail and there wasn't a single person on that ship, from Mommy to the guy that ordered all the white-suit men around to the white-suit man that made the ship go that didn't hear about it.

It was the crowning acheivement in Zyre's life. So exciting was it, that she had to find something else to do for a while because she couldn't make it up five steps again no matter how hard she tried.

Then she tried to play tag with the white-suit men, which involved running up to them, smacking them and running away after yelling 'Tag! You're it!' That game didn't go too well. No matter how hard Zyre tried to get them to play with her they would never run after them once they were it, and when she was it, they pretended like she wasn't it and wouldn't chase her. She wanted to ask Mommy about it, but tried to run up the mast again and forgot all about it.

The ship was explored, the sailors harrassed over and over again, the mast climbed endless amounts of time before Zyre started wondering if they were ever going to get off the boat. It was starting to get really-really-really-really boring. Then she made it seven steps up the mast. Seven whole steps! Seven was so much more than five! It became the new crowning acheivement in Zyre's life, replacing the big grey fish that would swim next to the boat and jump out that she almost touched that one time when they stopped for the night. Once again the crew and her family members knew about it almost immediately.

Then it got boring again.

Zyre woke up in the middle of the night and was immediately consumed with just how boring it was and how they were on the boat for-ev-er and wanted to know when they were going to go someplace more fun. She flattened her doglike ears against her head, rolled over and poked Mommy's shoulder. Mommy would know when they were going someplace more fun.

"Mommy," she said softly, poking her shoulder again. "Mommy-Mommy-Mommy-Mommy."