Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So You Can Fly Right? (Marakai)(P)(M)

Started by Blink, June 24, 2017, 02:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

"It really does..." Pickham Grove sounded more like paradise than even Thanatos. It was a village of people just like Itachi who needed him to survive. Not only that but there were families there. Young and old people who stuck together with their entire lives. Yep... that was paradise.

"By the time I am healed I am sure Kaida won't need us here anymore anyways."

Just then Itachi tugged at her towel and Jaela offered little resistance. "I am pretty sure all the right parts are still there" she laughed as she aided him in removing it. "You tell me... everything seems to be in working order?"

This, of course, being just the beginning of the revenge she planned on giving after the bath incident.

Marakai Trin

As the towel was opened to reveal her beneath him yet again, he had to remind himself that she was his patient first. Everything else was secondary....until she was fully healed, that is.

Still, he caught his eyes roving for a second, and gamely redirected his gaze to her face, a crooked smile in place. "Yeah, looks like everything that's meant to be there is still there. Luckily, nothing important came off in the bath." He chuckled a little, and began to undo the bandage, eventually removing it completely and tossing it on the floor to be disposed of later.

He looked at her wound, and her stitches, appraising his work and her condition. He noted that the skin immediately around the stitches themselves was a bit pink and irritated, but that was normal. The wound itself appeared about as good as it could, under the circumstances.

"Well, I should think that so long as you don't go fighting any armies and actually rest, you'll live. It's too early to tell yet if there's any infection, but I've got some things to give you that could prevent it, just in case."

He glanced at her, and gave a small nod and a smile. "You'll live. Just...make sure you rest for me, hmm?" He leaned down, and pressed a kiss to her stomach, just a few inches above her stitches. "I mean it. You're not moving from that bed, at least until it doesn't hurt for you to sit up. If you have to get up for anything, I'll help you."

He levelled a stare at her, a look in his eyes that dared her to challenge him. "Are we understood?"

Blink

While Itachi examined her wound Jaela did her best to remain the best patient possible.

"I will rest as long as I feel I need to." Jaela then yawned. "However, unless you plan on sitting by my side 24/7 I cannot guarantee I won't get bored."

"Two... maybe three days tops" already she was assuming she would be okay by then.

Noticing the way he was glaring at her Jaela returned his gaze with just as much ferocity. "I will do my best." Oh, so many holes in that statement alone.

Now then, it was time to get down to business. Whether Itachi meant to or not he had put Jaela through quite the ordeal in the bath hall. The way he was strutting about enough to make her risk injury just to get a piece of him. She had to see him in all his glory and now... well now it was her turn.

Still lying there uncovered Jaela shifted, placing a finger over her lip while the other found its place on her lower abdomen. "Too bad I can't do anything..." her legs shifted so that her knees were propped up. "... I'm just going to be laying here all alone and bored." An overdramatic sigh then escaped her lips. "Oh well."

Marakai Trin

Itachi watched the way she moved, again unable to help his gaze as it caught movement. Quickly, he squeezed his eyes shut, clearing his head and looking back to her face.

"You'll rest as long as I say you will. I mean it." He reached up and, mimicking something she'd done awhile ago, flicked her forehead.

"And I'll be around as much as I can. That should go without saying," he said. He smirked a bit, and stood.

And quickly found that turning back around was a mistake, as she shifted her legs and propped her knees. He saw her finger travelling down her abdomen, and released a groan as his gaze again flicked to her womanhood.

Shit, was he salivating? 'Get yourself under control, you stupid fool...' he thought to himself, and again wrenched his gaze to her face. "I'm sure you can find....something to entertain yourself..."

Blink

When he flicked her forehead Jaela scrunched her nose, sticking her tongue out before going back to being completely and utterly evil. "I suppose..." she sighed again, this time rolling her eyes as she moved the hand from her mouth to her forehead.

"Now what could I possibly do entertain myself?" Jaela searched for the Jade in his eyes. Slowly she moved her hand down further, letting her finger glide over her skin until she was tracing shapes on her inner thigh.

She knew she had him, the way his eyes kept flicking from her face. Even his body language suggested his mind was beginning to travel elsewhere. "Maybe I could read a book?" Her speech was playful as she continued listing things that she could do but obviously wouldn't.

Marakai Trin

Itachi's gaze again caught movement, but every little bit of willpower in his possession thankfully kept his eyes on her face.

He knew he couldn't touch her. As much as he wanted to, he didn't want to risk hurting her further.

He let his eyes drift shut for a second, again trying to clear his head. He seemed much less successful this time.

"Well....a book...or you could draw or something....why don't...um...we get some clothes on you,  huh?"

Blink

Taking a deep breath Jaela rolled her eyes again when Itachi mentioned clothes. Curses him and his willpower! He truly was dedicated to making sure she healed correctly and for that, she could forgive him.

Defeated she stopped gliding her fingers over her skin and instead pointed towards the wardrobe she was in hours before. "I think there is a nightgown or two in there. Haven't worn them in forever though... too frilly for my taste."

Marakai Trin

Itachi breathed a sigh of relief. He'd won the game - desperately. He eyed his own state of undress, and realized he'd need some clothes too.

And his coat needed cleaned. And he still had to walk the walls. It was going to be a loooong night.

He opened the wardrobe, shoving aside her various outfits until he found what he was looking for. He blinked as he pulled it out, and held it in front of him.

For a moment, his eyes flicked back and forth between her and the gown, and he had to laugh a bit. "This? Are you serious?" He chuckled a little, and put it back.

"Look. I've got clothes you can wear if you'd rather, if you really don't want that."

Blink

When Itachi pulled out the frilly nightgown even Jaela laughed, immediately regretting it as her hand shot to her wound.

"I would much rather wear anything than that..." She looked away for a second before turning her eyes back to it. "... gods I forgot how awful that thing was. No wonder I left it in there... please burn it."

"If you let me wear something of yours I promise that at least for tonight I will stay put. You can do whatever it is you need to do and I will stay right here... I promise."

It was a deal she was willing to make if it meant she didn't have to wear that monstrosity.

Marakai Trin

Burn it, huh? The rate she was going, she'd have burned all her clothes. And then where would she be?

Easy enough to answer. She'd be wearing his clothes. At least until he insisted on buying her a new wardrobe. It wasn't as if he were lacking the funds for it.

"Alright. You sit tight, and I'll be right back with a couple things for you." He passed her that trademark wink as he stepped out the door, closing it securely behind him.

As he padded barefoot down the halls, garbed in naught but a towel - and it was getting rather chilly, as the night deepened - he mused on what he could do for her. He wondered idly how she'd appreciate a day that the normal people of the world had every day. A day just on the town, maybe wandering shop to shop, perhaps a dinner or a couple hours in a tavern.

He chuckled. Like it would ever happen. He could barely show his face most places, without the city guard being called. And the smaller towns and villages that he wasn't known in...they just didn't have the spark that a larger city had. In truth, there was only one province that he hadn't committed some crime in, and he would never take her there if he had the choice.

Besides, mordecai made his head feel all...fuzzy. For the life of him, he could never figure out why - it wasn't as if he were a mage. And bringing Jaela there for any reason would be basically sentencing her to death.

As he walked, he crossed his arms over his chest in thought. Perhaps he'd just have to make the best of their visit to Pickham, when they had the opportunity to get there. He was sure she'd enjoy it.

Eventually, he made his way outside, and shivered as the mountain winds cut through him. He groaned as he grabbed a large, thin box off the wagon, one full of nothing but his clothes. He'd have to make the Craol actually bring the things in, in the morning.

______

It was some time before he'd returned, stepping into her room again and settling the box on the floor. He was slightly out of breath, stretching his arms out - the thing was much more heavy and awkward than carrying Jaela had been.

With a smile, he opened the lid, and pulled out a tunic cut just the same as his other had been.

"Told ya it came in green."

Blink

She nodded when Itachi said he would be right back and before she knew it he disappeared out the door. While he was gone Jaela lay in the bed staring at the figurines on her shelves. So many she had collected and ironically she never knew why she did. It was always a habit of hers, picking up odd things for the very purpose of bringing them back to this very room. None of them held any real importance to her yet she couldn't imagine not having them either.

About to drift off Jaela's eyes flicked open when she heard Itachi's steps coming back down the hall. Sitting up in the bed she waited for him to round the doorway and when he did she was shocked by the large crate he had carried... ironically without losing his towel. When he sat it down and then began digging in it, she smiled when he pulled out a tunic in her favorite color... green.

"It's perfect!" she chirped as she extended her hands out for it.

Marakai Trin

Itachi grinned widely as dug around again, and withdrew a pair of green pant of a familiar cut - just like his, but of a softer material more suitable for lounging. "Good. Let's get you dressed and comfortable then, hmm?"

He stepped around the box, holding both garments in hand. "You'll be my green girl tonight, hmm?" He stood in front of her, still (somehow) in only a towel, holding the tunic and pants before her.

"Maybe I should dress you, if it'll be easier. It'll give me an excuse to spend a few more minutes with you before I have to leave again."

Blink

Seriously... was this a magic towel? Moving on...

"How about you help. I am not that incapable..." Jaela sat up a bit more, moving her legs to hang off of the edge of the bed as she grabbed the tunic. Easily she slipped it over her head, only needing assistance pulling it down over her waist. Next was the pants, a whole new battle in their own. Just as she had done with the tunic Jaela grabbed them, slipping each foot into the leg and slowly pulling them up, again needing assistance pulling them over her waist.

Once she was dressed she continued sitting at the edge of the bed, staring at Itachi STILL in his towel. "First the tent... then your jacket.... and now this." Jaela winked at him. "Everything of yours is slowly becoming mine..." Of course, she was joking but was actually getting at something.

Suddenly she fell serious, her eyes searching for whatever he may have been thinking. "... but I want you to know that my heart..." she paused to place a hand over her chest. "...belongs to you."

Marakai Trin

Helping her dress was no problem whatsoever, and he found he rarely had need to step in and help, other than helping to settle the garments over her bandages and whatnot.

And after she was dressed, finally he dressed as well, removing the clingy towel that honestly had begun to scare him. He wondered if it had some sort of sentient malevolence....he'd seen weirder things. He decided it, too, needed burned. With a place as large as this, there certainly shouldn't be any shortage of towels.

In any case, he found himself wearing black, yet again, but with blue embroidery and trim. His favorite tunic had gone the way of the rag, and helped him to save Jaela's life. Surely, there was no greater honor for a simple shirt.

And then, suddenly, the amused thoughts in his head came to a screeching halt at her words. He looked up at her, having just finished lacing a clean pair of boots, and his gaze softened.

When she said that, something pulled in his chest. In all his life, no one had ever said anything like that to him, and words such as those held a special significance to him. He looked at her, perched at the edge of the bed with her hand on her chest...and quite simply couldn't look away. Seeing her, like that...that picture would be one he'd remember always.

No matter what.

He made his way over to her, and fell to his knees before her. Very slowly, he reached out, took the hand she'd placed on her chest, and laid it on his own, just over his own heart.

"And mine belongs to you, Jaela. Keep it. I know it is in no better hands than yours."

He then took that same hand, and lifted it to his lips, pressing a kiss into her soft skin, holding her peridot gaze with eyes of pure jade, his own gaze soft. "And in turn, yours is safe with me. I swear it."

He released her to stand, before bending down to kiss her, a hand on her cheek, putting all the affection he could manage into a few scant seconds before he pulled away.

"But...I'm afraid I've gotta go for now. I still have to relieve Rumil and do about twenty other things before I sleep...and I'll be sure to come back here before I do. Expect to wake up with me next to you."

He smiled at her, winked, and turned toward the door. "Good night, love."

Blink

The moment Itachi left Jaela drifted off to sleep. When he finally did return later in the night she didn't even stir, her body silently recovering in its own special way as she slumbered.

Meanwhile on the floor below them a visitor had arrived, entering through the balcony doors adjoining to her room undetected.
__________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning began as many others had when Kaida was present in the citadel. She was up before the sun, never needing near as much sleep as a common human would. She would admit though that it was nice to sleep in her own bed for a change, something she never thought she wouldn't be used to.

All of this she thought over as she took a sip of tea from the cup delicately held in her hand. Without even being noticed Kaida had managed to make her way from her bedroom to the dining hall where she now sat at the head of the table. Her eyes were skimming over the text in an old book while one of her clones poured more tea into the cup. She wasn't sure where Jaela was but assumed probably still sleeping. Kaida had noticed the multitude of bodies laying at the bottom of the mountain and placed two and two together that some unwelcomed visitors had reared their ugly heads the previous day.

Marakai Trin

This high up the mountain, dawn came early - no obstructions blocked the sun's rays as it began it's slow crawl into the sky.

Jade eyes snapped open as soon as first light shone over Itachi's eyes. He'd arrived back in Jaela's room rather late last night, having completed his rounds, scrubbed as much of the blood out of his coat as humanly possible, restocked his medical box...

He'd been tired, and it had already been the wee hours of the morning when he finally crept into bed beside Jaela, curling around her and swiftly falling to sleep.

But now, as the dawn split the night, he found himself awake as he did most mornings. Quietly and gently, he pulled himself away from Jaela, noticing how heavily she was sleeping. He smiled down at her, loathing to wake her up.

He decided not to. He'd be back to wake her later, perhaps with a tray of breakfast.

And so, he dressed for the day, again slipping his tunic on. Last night, with his coat still soaking wet, he'd opted for two bandoliers, full to the brim with his knives, and a satchel at his side full of his stars.

His bowie knife, sheathed behind him on his belt, and his combat knives on his hip, completed his armament.  His arms,  bared and heavily scarred, remained visible.

When he had finished readying himself, he slipped out the door, pulling it gently behind him with a soft click. Then, he made his way downstairs.

_______

Even the other Craol were still asleep, aside from one walking the walls. Itachi mumbled to himself, irritated yet not yet wishing to command them to wake, knowing that his usual yelling would echo within the Citadel. He'd wake them later.

So instead, he sought food. During the previous nights excitement, he'd completely forgotten to actually eat something, and hoped the Craol had thought to unpack what they'd brought and store it away.

Itachi wasn't the best hand at the cookfire, but he figured he could at least bring Jaela something edible to eat.

And so, when he entered the dining hall, in search of the kitchen, he found a hand snapping to one of the knives strapped to his chest, seeing two women at the head of the table. One sat, looking over old texts, while the other poured tea.

The very next instant, he realized both were the same person: Kaida.

He relaxed his arm, letting it fall back to his side, and leaned against the doorway. She didn't seem to have noticed his presence yet.

"Mornin'...boss."

Blink

Not taking her eyes from the book in front of her Kaida nodded, only raising a brow when he referred to her as boss. After finishing the sentence she was on Kaida slid the book from in front of her and in its place rested her hands clasped together on the table.

"Itachi..." she nodded.

"Come... sit..." Kaida then motioned to the chair at the far end of the table away from her with an eye flick. "... have some breakfast..."

Another clone of Kaida's then appeared with a tray full of food and set it at the place she motioned towards whether he was sitting there or not.

"...let's talk."

Marakai Trin

Well, this was certainly a surprise. He'd been informed that Kaida wasn't around much, yet here she was. This was unforseen, unplanned, and unprepared for.

Needless to say, Itachi was made uncomfortable about this. Not to mention, a little angry that whoever had been on the wall hadn't notified him of an arrival.

Or, perhaps, even seen her.

He watched as a second clone entered, and placed a tray of food at the opposite end of the table, and his stomach began to growl. He moved to sit, and decided to deny his hunger for the moment. He felt he'd need to pay attention to what was about to happen.

"Alrigh', Kaida. Le's talk, then. After tha', I'll eat."

He nudged the tray forward, away from him just a few inches, and laid both arms on the table.

"So, then. Whatcha wanna talk abou', hmm?"

Blink

So he was going to play it like that then? Alright then.

Shifting in her chair Kaida leaned in, clearly amused at the front Itachi was putting on. "So tell me then... how is Jaela?" At the very mention of Jaela's name Kaida visually relaxed, sitting back in her chair and placing her hands in her lap.

"Is she performing up to your standards? Is everything about her to your liking?" The way Kaida talked about Jaela was as if she were referring to a piece of furniture or lifeless object. "I mean that is all you want from her right? You see a pretty face and want it... I get it."

"I will admit though no one has ever followed her quite like you have. Could it be perhaps you have seen something else behind those crazy eyes?"

Marakai Trin

Itachi arched a brow, and sat back in his chair, tilting it back in two legs. His arms went to fold behind his head, and he rolled his shoulders a bit, still a bit sore from last night's endeavors.

"Ta me liking? I think ya get th' wrong idea o' me, Kaida. Yeah, she's pretty  enough. An' yeah, she performs well enough. Bu' it ain' me standards I worry abou' when it comes ta her."

Suddenly, Itachi was leaning forward in that chair, now only the front two legs on the ground. One arm rested on the table, supporting his weight, the other pointed in her direction with a finger extended.

"Ya should know, Kaida, I ain' in this fer you. An' if a pretty face was all I was after, I wouldn't be in this at all. I'm in this fer her, cuz she's alot more'n jus' a pretty face. Its wha's inna inside wha' matters ta me."

He snorted, and set all four legs of the chair on the floor. "She's more'n jus' a crazy bird, too. She's go' a hellofa 'eart, too."