Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rats! (Open! PM to Join!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, July 17, 2017, 06:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"C'mon, there's got to be something good in here."

The rat poked it's head out of the garbage it had been searching, dejected. "Stupid. Why don't the upwalkers leave their food in separate piles? That would make everything easier."

The rat paused- he had done it again. He wasn't used to questions just popping into his head like this, and when they did it made him frustrated. He closed his eyes, then opened them again. "I- I don't have time for that now!" he said to nobody in particular. "I can't let a "why" without a "because" distract me- I won't find food like that."

The sun had gone down some time ago, and the stone pathway the upwalkers traveled on was nearly deserted. During the day the rat wouldn't come here- he was afraid of getting stepped by one of the thunderbeasts the upwalkers rode on. But at night? At night, the pathway was easy pickings. The upwalkers always left things lying on the ground- food included- and finding a meal was as simple as taking it before another rat did.

Case in point, it only took the rat a few minutes before the rat smelled it- bread, cheese, and meat. "That will work!" the rat thought happily. "It smells fresh too!" Scampering off in the direction of the smell, the rat didn't think to stop and check for any other scents that may have been nearby...

Tags: