Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I aint looking for trouble, I'm just looking for... {pm to join}

Started by almighyxcavus, July 21, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Excalith's pain had finally subsided, given Julianna's warning he wasn't surprised that his mother would be the illusion the idiotic demon would choose. "Thank's for the warning by the way. But this doesn't fly with me." He mumbled as Julianna walked back a couple paces behind him.

The demon spoke in mother's exact tone: "Hello son... You've grown mighty big and... Stroooong. Mmmmmmm." The image of seeing your mother portrayed in such a way, had no home within Excalith. "Come her baby and let me taste that nice juicy co-" The demon spewed boiling black blood from it's mouth onto Excalith's demon metal shoulder plate. Excalith's eye's sparkled purple for a mere second as his demon claws dug into the guardian's gut.

He spoke in a low and possibly the most terrifying voice ever heard (even Julianna could hear it): "Do. Not. Disrespect. Mother." Excalith pulled his arm out of the stomach and landed a hard hitting right hook to the demon's jaw. "HOW DARE YOU HURT MOTHER YOU SHALL PAY FOR THAT WITH A SPANKING." One of the demon's invisible hands repeatedly slapped Excalith across the face. He didn't budge.

"Mother would never harm a living soul, that's how I know you aren't her." Excalith dropped his scythe. "Ignitius manurros, Unaki vaus morbithem." A blue and red flame swirled in his right hand. He crushed the two onto his bicep and coated his entire left arm in purple flame.

Excalith vanished, no, he was moving so fast that a mere mortal's eye couldn't comprehend his speed.

The guardian felt a series of light taps across her body. Excalith appeared behind her.

"YOU DID NO-"

"Omae wa mou shindeiru."

"What in hell are you say-" The demon exploded into a rain of boiling black blood.

"You are already dead."

Celegwen

Julianna stood where she was, her heart racing. "I had one request," she whispered. "And I warned you what it would do!"

Her eyes looked over the mess the demon's blood had left. She shook her head, squeezing her eyes closed and breathing deeply. The girl knew Excalith didn't know what he had just done, but there was no reason to hold it over him, especially since it couldn't be undone.

"We have to run," she said, her voice shaky and her eyes darting around. "Hell is going to be hunting, and we're going to be the prey. Let's go."

almighyxcavus

Excalith looked at his hands for a moment. Purple... I like that color... Its more welcoming... Excalith completely tuned out Julianna, not forcibly but after using the unaki vaus morbithem chant, his ears were ringing as a side effect. It would go away eventually but at the moment he couldnt hear anything. All he saw was Julianna talking to him as if there was a sense of urgency. Excalith still hanging his head dashed up to Julianna and carried her as if she was some sort of princess. The scythe stuck to Excalith's back.

"Hang on." His voice mixed with Galith's.

He ran off the cliff, the portal appearing just below them sending them to the 3rd level of hell: Gluttony. Icy rain was never ending in this portion of hell.

Excalith landed on his back making sure to not harm Julianna. Thankfully the scythe floated out of the way as well to avoid any injuries. Excalith's voice was unmoved "we're here." As he laid in the crater his body made when they landed, thankfully Julianna was unscathed.

Celegwen

She stood, fixing her hair and straightening her clothing out. "Okay, I appreciate that landing position, holy shit please ask me before you do that again."

Julianna hit him in the chest, knowing there was never a chance she could actually physically hurt him.

"As powerful and magical as I may be," she said, rubbing her upper arm uncomfortably, also because of the sudden cold, "I am still afraid of some things. One of which is heights. I don't like falling."

The appearance of Galith's voice made no difference to her. She was no longer unnerved by the demon's presence, now simply seeing him as a nuisance. Albeit necessary, but still annoying regardless.

almighyxcavus

Excalith's mood seemed to perk up a bit, knowing Julianna was unharmed he actually smiled just in the slightest way. He stood up still carrying her, he chuckled "just following orders."

He let Julianna get to her feet before releasing her entirely. Julianna walked in front her stride as gracious as always. As well as something else. We literally just left the lust level, but damn I could watch this all day. He loved every aspect of Julianna, the way she walked, the way she talked, the way she handled situations albeit sometimes annoying, it was in a good way and with good intention.

The souls of the level took the form of yeti's consuming what seemed to be endless supplies of raw meat. One leaned back in an attempt to digest and take some kind of break, but some force held its hands and feet down and forcefully fed the soul until it's stomach quite literally exploded. The smell was repulsive, but thanks to the icy rain, it was contained.

The two walked for what seemed like miles, without even giving any thought and not even a cause of the level itself "I'm kinda hungry actually."

Celegwen

Julianna chuckled, ignoring the smell. She was accustomed to living without a sense, so blocking one out wasn't necessarily difficult for her. She glanced over her shoulder at Excalith. He seemed oddly at ease.

"Funny you should say that," she said, not stopping. The souls were being forced to die and relive death over and over and over again.

Not surprising when it came to Hell. It was, after all...Hell.

She gestured to the exploding souls being force-fed to the point they died. "This is the third level of Hell. Gluttony. Please, just do me a favor and don't fall for it? It's seriously one of the most pathetic things to be put into Hell for."

almighyxcavus

Excalith wasn't kidding, in all honesty when was the last time they ate something? It seems that it's been such a long time and Excalith's stomach was surely notifying the both of them of that. "Seriously though, when was the last time we ate something? I swear it's not the level because I actually feel my stomach growling for food."

Considering their current location, Excalith really doubted she would believe him at this point. "Do we have anything at all?"

Celegwen

She shook her head. "The only thing I have in my bag is what remains of my staff. Pitch usually collects food for me."

Julianna sighed, shaking her head. "And guess what? Hunger and normal bodily functions don't exist down here, other than to the souls being tortured. I promise... You won't feel hungry when we get to the fourth level. Speaking of which, let's get a move on. The next guardian isn't too far ahead."

The girl suddenly stopped, turning around with her hand out. "Before we go any further, I need you to promise me you won't kill this one. I need your word, and I need you to live up to it. Do whatever you want, just do not kill it."

almighyxcavus

Excalith started to chuckle a bit as he patted Julianna's head. "I'm pretty sure you can understand what that demon was portraying? Yeah I kind of wanted nothing of that sort. Plus you are the leader here, from this point on I listen to you. So long as it doesn't try to murder YOU in the process I think I can manage. I guess you're right about the hunger thing though. I'm probably fine."

Excalith gave a genuine smile for once. How ironic in a place with a setting of complete and utter misery.

The two walked up a beaten path until they reached a giant opening within icy rock. The rain beating down on the two as well as the seemingly empty cavern. Excalith looked at Julianna with a confused look and a shrug.

"What do we do now miss leader?"

Celegwen

"Try to avoid Spot," Julianna said, looking around. She glanced over at Excalith, who was clearly confused by what she had just said. She smirked and folded her arms across her chest. "The demon that guards this level is a three-headed dog-like creature. Only the three heads are made up of only mouths. It fits the theme pretty well."

Shaking her head briefly, Julianna pinched her eyes closed, rubbing with two fingers. Her vision was getting blurry, like looking through somebody's spectacles. After extended time in Hell without a constant stream of magic, the Seer's sight was often taken from her. It was a price that she had always been able to escape.

Of course Excalith wouldn't have known that, nor would she let him find out.

That was the reason her staff breaking was truly terrifying to her. If she could get back to the realm of the living, she could repair her staff. If she remained in Hell for too long, her vision was gone and her magic was unpredictable. Not a good combination.

"We should keep going. I'm not dealing with another confrontation like the last. There's a kind of back door that I'm going to need you to open." She knelt on the ground and began drawing foreign runes on the ground in a circle. "Step inside. Touch each rune while turning to the left, and repeat after me. 'Aperta ianua.' Got it?"

almighyxcavus

Excalith stepped within the circle following Julianna's orders step by step. Considering my last two random outbreaks it would make sense to not make any confrontation,

a portal opened and the two graciously stepped through to the fourth level of hell: greed. Lakes of pure gold gold scattered all around this level, souls were trapped endlessly screaming to attempt to get out of their misery. Others were forced to mine gold for their own greed, but the rock would always reform as they were just about to strike gold.

"This level seems... unsettling. Still a little hungry though."

Celegwen

"I don't care if you're hungry," she snapped. Julianna knew it was out of character, but she didn't feel she had the time to really pay attention. She squeezed her eyes closed again and took a deep breath. "Sorry. I guess I'm just a bit stressed. Just ignore your hunger until we get out of Hell. Please."

She looked across the molten gold, squinting to try and focus her vision. Julianna saw the soul she was looking for. She knelt down and started making hand signs to the soul. He then responded with hand signs. She looked back at Excalith. "He's deaf," she said. "Have to talk with hand signs."

Julianna stood back up and pursed her lips. "This is going to be relatively simple, but not easy. I have friends down here that will help us cross. Just make sure you don't fall in."

almighyxcavus

Excalith stepped cautiously around each pool of gold, he was never a greedy person so this area quite literally had no effect on him. He spoke: "Look, however you communicate with them is fine by me. So long as they don't try to bite your head off, I'm cool with it." Excalith looked over the souls forced to mine for the rest of their undead lives. How does one even bring them self to that point?Where the literal value of an object consumes their whole being? I just can't understand it.

Excalith continued to follow Julianna waiting for her friends to give passage to the next level. It seemed like they were killing a lot of time. It felt as if it was just yesterday Excalith had killed the lust demon. Time just felt weird. Excalith felt weird around Julianna, everything that happened before the transformation, now this. The place he's been wanting to get to his entire life, all given to him by some random beautiful girl he met at a bar.

Celegwen

"It isn't that difficult to understand," Julianna said, as they walked. The duo walked under the cover of the souls, so they wouldn't be detected. She glanced at Excalith with a smirk at his slight confusion. "I know there's a lot going on, but try to remember I can hear your thoughts down here."

She turned back in the direction they were walking. "Think about it... It may sound crazy, but what were you consumed by? It was enough to let a demon grab hold of your soul. Of course this is different, but it follows the same principle. It's an obsession that grabs hold to the point where you just can't let go."

Julianna touched her moonstone. She swallowed nervously and tripped for the first time since they had entered Hell. "I'm fine," she said a little too quickly. Her spatial awareness was starting to get effected by her failing vision. "Come on, let's keep going."

almighyxcavus

Excalith was a little zoned out by the fact that even his thoughts were accessible. That's pretty weird that you can read my thoughts. Although... Excalith made possibly the evilest grin he could ever think of. He pictured in his mind very... lewd images of Julianna as well as other scenes that best not be described. How's about that then?

Giggling to himself, they continued on their way to the guardian. "I summoned Galith for the sake of my life, if Galith hadn't been there I surely would've been dead..." Excalith thought for a moment. Galith even though being a demon himself, had always had Excanos's best interests in mind. Whether it be for his own corrupt intentions or he was actually looking out for Excanos he would probably never know.

"So who's the guardian for this place?"

Celegwen

Julianna smirked, hiding it well. She'd never journeyed through Paradise or Hell with someone who she wasn't going to leave there, so the whole thing was a new experience. Maybe it was better to leave his thoughts to himself.

"You're disgusting," she said, despite being slightly flattered in a strange way. "And the reasons behind summoning Galith don't matter. It's just the concept of being consumed."

She meant it. The reason someone got consumed by something was unknown to her, but she knew too many people it had happened to. When one is consumed, be it by greed or passion or revenge, there was no escaping.

"This guardian is going to be a bit a deceiving. It camouflages. I don't know where it's going to pop up, but it'll emerge from the molten gold. That's why we have to keep moving. There's no avoiding this one. You're going to have to fight it. But no killing!"

almighyxcavus

Just as Julianna had uttered her last word a lethargic being sprung out of the molten gold and attempted to grab Julianna. Emphasis on attempt. Excalith without even thinking landed a hard kick to the demon's face sending it flying across the small golden lake. Excalith looked at Julianna while his leg was motionless in the air. "I'm guessing that's him? He's a pusho-"

The demon had smacked Excalith with a golden cross that held a perfect emerald in the middle. He was sent flying into the lake. "OK, WHEN WE GET BACK WE'RE GOING TO BE RICH FOR ONE, AND TWO. YOU'RE DEAD NOW." Parts of Excalith's hair was now covered in gold as he emerged from the lake. His skin and the rest of his body was untouched. To him it felt more like an uncomfortably hot bath. "HOW DID A MORTAL SURVIVE A GOLDEN LA-"

"It's rude to interrupt someone when they're talking isn't it?" Excalith landed a hard blow to the demon's stomach causing it to vomit to the ground. Just for good measure Excalith threw the demon into the air and with his own cross, batted him into unconsciousness. "I'll take this too. Don't ever try to touch Julianna ever again... cunt." The cross fitted almost too perfectly onto Excalith's back. The emerald glistened as the duo passed through the portal to the next level: anger.

The duo were greeted with two souls attempting to fight them in the middle of a swamp. Excalith barely flicked a finger and the souls went flying. "I can see this level being annoying." 

Celegwen

The girl was incredibly surprised at herself for not knowing the demon was coming when it had. Every time she'd gone through Hell, she was able to anticipate the demons. Then again, every time she'd gone through Hell, she'd had her magic.

"Thanks," she said, her mind clearly occupied. Julianna shook the thoughts out of her head.

This level was one she really didn't enjoy. Anger was an inherent part of every being ever created. No species is born completely void of some kind of rage. This level could be easily endless, as it's much easier to be consumed by anger than something like greed.

She ran her fingers over the charred runes on her broken staff, as Excalith flung charging souls away from them. "This level scares the shit out of me," she whispered, her eyes darting around and her heart racing. She'd never been comfortable with the fifth level, but with her intuition and sight failing her, Julianna felt extremely vulnerable.

There were screams and cries of souls being torn apart in foolish battles for nothing. These souls were cursed to fight for the rest of eternity, and they knew it. This was absolutely the last level Julianna would have wanted to be stuck in. She knew it would drive her absolutely mad.

Have to get my mind off this, she told herself. Glancing up at Excalith as they walked, she smirked slightly. "You look good blond."

almighyxcavus

Excalith smirked for a second before catching up to Julianna. He hugged her around the waist and spoke lightly into her ear: "You're fine I'm here for you. I always will be. I won't let anyone or anything hurt you." He chuckled a bit: "Maybe you can help me dye my hair when we get back."

He released Julianna and went back to fending off the souls once more. "Oh and I hope you remember I can hear your thoughts too ya know." He said with a slight chuckle as he kicked another soul across the level.

Excalith felt more at ease, being able to comfort Julianna helped out a lot. Whether or not she accepted it was up to her, but even if she was faking it, he wouldnt know. He just felt happy to be of some use for once. The transformation not only changed his physical look, but it changed a part of him as well, in a good way.

Celegwen

She swallowed nervously. Julianna actually had forgotten her thoughts were accessible. She never traveled with anyone who she wouldn't want knowing her thoughts, so the concept never occurred to her.

First things first, make sure her vision was locked up tight. He may have been able to access the top layers of her mind, but her Seer gift was what allowed her to access anything he thought. He didn't have that. As long as she didn't solely focus on the oncoming blindness, Excalith would have no way of knowing.

It was hard to focus on anything on that level. The noises and energies were what really got to her. She was used to the constant threat on her life, she had to be for her to be as good at fighting as she was. Either way, those noises...why couldn't they stop?

"The demon guardian is close," she said, slowing her pace. "This one is going to be a little tricky. It'll look no different from any of the other souls, only its eyes will glow red. It's meant to ignite some kind of fury. I don't know why or how because it honestly never worked on me, but that's the point of the red eyes."

They kept walking, souls charging from all directions. Then...red eyes...