Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What You Miss With Your Nose in a Book

Started by DragonSong, July 23, 2017, 12:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datasmith

The master cheered in his private booth, Delvarus always won death matches. He made a fortune on his savagery, and he wouldn't have it any other way.
"Did you see that way the fool was cut in two? Ha! That looks like a horrid way to die!" He joked to Lapis, uncaring of her blatant discomfort. "He really is a monster. You know I only bought him for 100 gold? No one wanted to chain a boy that killed 16 men! And I did it! Oh, you should have seen his first fight, he tore the poor man in half bare handed." The master sighed, reliving his past experiences.
A knock at the door bought his attention, a voice followed it but he didn't hear it. "Get the door would you? I don't stand as fast as I once did." He asked Lapis.

DragonSong

She was going to be sick.

Feeling shaken and weak, Lapis was all too willing to turn away from the arena, trying to hide her face behind a hand as she hurried to the door and bumped it open.

Lucy_Vicotoria

The door swung open and Magpie entered. The young girl that the old man had taken as his scribe was distracted as she looked like she was about the vomit. She did not appear to recognise her with her face covered as it was. Magpie kept her eyes low, her stomach in knots as she carried the drinks tray to the old man.

She could hear the crowd revelling at the slaughter in front of them. The beast was going wild and she could not bear to look. The old man was not taking his eyes off the fight, a wide grin on his face.

"A drink my lord?"

She asked politely, lowering her head subserviently. 

"Compliments from the Colosseum masters."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Datasmith

The master regarded the servant with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, so now those bastards seek to gain my favor? Bah, anyways, I don't drink. All I need is water. You don't get to my age by drinking all sorts of alcohol, you know." The master said has he took a swig from his water pouch and turned back to the pit.

Delvarus wrenched his left axe out of the corpse of the last of the three warriors. They were easy kills, about as close to warm-ups to one such as him. His true opponent, the main event, should be arriving soon. As his though was concluded, the doors the three came out of opened once more.
Four figures exited the dark waiting room, from this distance Delvarus could make out the weapons they carried; The first, and seeming leader, wielded a long and slender spear as well as a small shield. The second held two short curved blades. The third, aimed a bow at him, he laughed at that. The forth and final seemed to carry a staff of sorts, upon further inspection, the staff appeared to be two blades fused at the hilt; a twinblade, how quaint.
The four figures halted several yards away from the gladiator, the lead spoke, proving herself as female "We are the triari, and we shall be your downfall, monster." Delvarus laughed again; as opposed to charging them he simply smiled.
"Fancy name, fancy armor, fancy weapons. Tell me, will your blood glitter when I gut you?" Delvarus sneered at the group, this isn't the first crew of high-rider nobles to challange him. And with any luck the master will be dealt with by the time he's done. "I've fought your ilk before, it never ends well for them. But you made your choice, no turning back now. Pray to your bastard gods while you can." With that, Delvarus charged.

Lucy_Vicotoria

Her eyes darting between the fighting pit, the old man and his scribe, Magpie began heading back towards the door with the tray of drinks.

"Time for plan B" she thought, but was hesitant.

The sudden cry of the devourer echoed through the stadium. Magpie's heart pounded in her chest as her clammy palm felt the hilt of her dagger. The blade had tasted blood before but had never taken a life. Now or never. It needed to be quick before the other girl stopped her or those guards came back looking for her.

It happened in a simple flash. The master was transfixed again on the fight. With a sudden grunt, she came up behind the master and dragged the blade across his wrinkled little neck, her tray crashing to the floor along with the old man. The sound of his chocking drowned out by the jeers from the crowd as the beast ripped through his enemies.

She hurriedly searched him for the stone. It was such a little thing in the palm of her hand. She winced as the warm blood from his corpse trickled into her sandal. He was facedown on the floor. Such an undignified way to die.

She ripped off her serving girl disguise now saturated with blood, wiping her hands and face clean. She vomited a little as she scrunched the bloodied cloth into a small satchel still clinging onto the stone.  She had her best silk tunic on underneath so that she would blend in with the other nobles in that area of the arena. She looked to the girl as she caught her breath and swallowed the bile in her throat.

"Time for us to go".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: