Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Healer or Mage needed in Western Connlaoth

Started by Valtxr, July 26, 2017, 09:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valtxr

During the events of The You Who Will Never Be, my character Sharon Gordon gets gravely injured. She's deemed too weak to travel by the local apothecary and is bedridden. Sharon's little sister, Siro Gordon, is on her way out to Twin Rivers (a small town in Western Connlaoth) from Reajh to see her.

And perhaps...

Heal her. With your character's help. Siro's been hiding a secret from Sharon for a long time: her life magic. Siro's not very proficient in it yet, given the risks of practicing magic in Connlaoth. So she'll need help. Perhaps your character is experienced with life magic, or just magic in general. Maybe your character knows somebody, NPC or otherwise, who is. Maybe your character senses Siro's magic potential, or maybe they've been contacted by my character, Merissa Bowen, for help. I'm open to any such possibilities.

Naturally, there's two problems. First, Sharon hates magic. Hates it. To the point of that she would in fact rather die than be healed by it. But Siro is determined to show her sister that magic is not inherently evil, by finally revealing her secret and healing Sharon herself.
And, second, there's someone in Sharon's midst working against her...

Let me know if you're interested.

((Side note to those involved in "The You Who Will Never Be" thread. I'll still finish that thread, but I've been keen to get Sharon's story moving again as of late.))

Eckhart_Von_Musel

I could throw ALICE FURY at this- he's not a healer, but he is a mage. Shoot me a PM if you're interested  ;D

Valtxr

So long as he can either: teach Siro how to better use her own magic, empower her magic somehow, has access to some sort of potion that enhances magic, or just knows another character that does.

Pretty much any of those things, or perhaps an option I haven't thought of.

I read that he's a living battery and can charge, but I think that just means he'll electrocute Siro  :D. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Nah, the ability isn't passive like that- he can only charge what he wants to charge (although he admittedly isn't that precise). As long as Siro doesn't touch his lyre while he's playing it, she'd be safe.

ALICE is a novice himself, though he does have one strength- he understands the connection between his powers and his emotions. He primarily uses his electricity to express himself through his music, and when he feels strongly about something his powers get stronger too. Since healing is a very empathetic power, perhaps Siro's powers work similarly?

Valtxr

I haven't thought about Siro's power like that before, but I love the idea. I think it'll fit very well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Did you want ALICE and Siro to meet spontaneously, or for ALICE to have been contacted by Merissa Bowen? Merissa knows about Siro's magic and has been trying to help her. She's a former thief with plenty of underground contacts, so it's plausible that one of them reached out to ALICE for the job.

Either way works fine for me.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

ALICE is very much a nobody- he's only 19, his journey is only just beginning. I can't imagine Merissa would any idea who he is. It'd make more sense for the meeting to be spontaneous

Valtxr

Alright, I'll get to work on the thread and drop you a link when it's up.

Valtxr

Apeirophobia

Thread's up. Feel free to establish ALICE wherever you'd like, in the town or on the road. He can bump into whomever right away, or you can just set up his reasons for being where he is while Charles/Merissa/Siro finish the journey. Whatever works best.

Tags: