Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chasing Secrets

Started by DragonSong, August 03, 2017, 07:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Serena started a bit, not really expecting him to speak after those first few minutes when it'd seemed like he wasn't going to be much for conversation.

She glanced over at him with wide, mismatched eyes as they paused just outside the herbalist's shop. This was not exactly a conversation she wanted to have around humans. "I...don't really know," she admitted with a quiet, slightly irritated sigh. "I only really learned about my demonic heritage in this last year. As for abilities..."

Her mouth twisted sourly and she looked away from him. "I'm not entirely sure what exactly I can do. It seems to sort of- come and go. I have yet to actually pin down what triggers a demonic response." That was better. Talking about it clinically meant she could pretend it was happening to someone else.

With a sharp shake of her head, she muttered, "Here, let me get these supplies and we can get this over with quickly," as she nudged the door open and slipped inside the shop, hopefully stalling any further questions.

She didn't like not being able to answer when someone asked her something, didn't like the sense of ignorance. The irritation was only compounded when the ignorance was about her.

Magyar

Aodhei scrunched up his nose, squinting at the back of the witch's head. Her story had obvious holes in it.

"How did you, in realizing your true nature, not find out where and what you came from? Or what other abilities are entailed in your biology?" He asked incredulously, but taking care to keep his descriptive language intentionally neutral, "How did you even find out if it wasn't something from your past coming to tell you or your powers ousting themselves? What, did one of your cats hiss at you wrong and you thought it was a sign?"

Hell, he'd had a child once, several actually, but one in particular who was a half-breed like this girl. From birth, her innate heritage had been evident in her mannerisms and abilities. Even without being taught, she was like her father in nature, and her mother in devious intelligence... and wasn't there something else? Aohdei frowned, bringing a hand up to rub tiredly at his eyes. Remembering things in true detail was much harder than it should have been, thanks to his fleshy prison. Memories came slowly, if at all, and needed a great deal of concentration and coaxing to come fully. It was far too much effort for now.

DragonSong

Serena frowned. Evidently she hadn't succeeded in curbing more questions. With a long-suffering sigh, she glanced back at the demon over her shoulder and lowered her voice as they entered the shop.

"It's...complicated," she muttered. "And honestly I don't have all the answers I would like. It is my...hypothesis that a case of amnesia has something to do with my inability to understand all- all this." She waved her hand at her torso, then at the air between them to signify "this".

"And it was something from my past that informed me of my heritage," she added in almost a grumble. "A demon hunter. Apparently it was not the first time we'd met, though I have little to no memory of that first encounter. That would be the whole amnesia thing."

There. Hopefully that would satisfy his curiosity for the time being. Serena attempted to busy herself selecting the herbs and tinctures she needed for the ritual, then hurried to the front of the shop to pay. Her familiars remained on her person or at her heels, still giving Aodhei dirty looks whenever possible.

Tags: