Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sea shells by the seashore [Open]

Started by Spooky, September 15, 2017, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Kara kneeled down next to the onyx kulshedra. "Mind if I give it a go?" She chuckled. "Hey little bud, you said you needed to go to Cerenis right? Is that where you need to go? I can take you there! But right now if you're hungry take the jerky please!" Kara looked at the kulshedra once more smiling.

"Ill do my best to get him out, but before I do." Kara stood and turned towards Peri. "The bear wasn't just pissed off there was more to it, it had the EXACT eyes of what I fought in the labyrinth I wish I was joking!"

Kara knelt back down again and resumed her attempts to convince the fox creature to come out. A thought popped in her mind.

"Hey little buddy, you like swords by any chance?"

Spooky

Apparently, the little fox had run away to hide. Peri couldn't blame him, this had gone from a relatively harmless conversation between two strangers to a runaway mama bear and a crazy woman from the ocean who was convinced the bear was possessed. She had the feeling one more person kneeling in front of the fox's little hollow wouldn't help to coax him out, so she hung back behind the other two. Poor thing was timid enough. It would be a surprise if it came out to the crazy lady, but who was to say. Stranger things had happened.

Peri's ears perked up at jerky, and her stomach rumbled. She looked down and patted at it, soon. Soon she would eat. She shifted the basket in the sand with her foot and plopped down beside it, gazing out across the ocean.

"Well, I don't know what you think you saw, it sure looked like a normal bear to me, but if it makes you feel better then okay – it was a special pissed off bear," Peri leaned back against the little hill of sand behind her, hands resting behind her head to prop it up.

"I wonder what our little fox friend needs in Cerenis? He doesn't seem the type to want to wander into a bustling human town willingly."

Her eyes wandered over to the onyx Kulshedra, his black scales gleamed in the morning sun. She couldn't help herself but to stare, it was just so unusual. Peri's stomach interrupted her musing when it grumbled deeply again.

"Shhhhh!" She chided, glaring down at her tummy.

Kalak8538

The fox creature eventually calmed, even with the strangers waiting just outside the shelter's entrance. Once his head was clear, he caught a familiar scent. It was food, but not just any food. This had a meaty scent as well of one like smoke. The creature searched his memories. A few moments passed before he was able to recall. Humans cooked meat in this strange way, and carried it around for long periods of time without it rotting.

Thoughts flashed to his first companion. The fox saw a scene unfold before him, clearly as if the memory was projected it in front of his eyes. He saw her, offering some of this meat to him back in the Moraki desert. Eyes teared a bit as he remembered it's taste...

Next thing the fox knew, his head was outside the hole in the sand dune, paw reaching out for the piece of jerkey in the stranger's black-scaled hand.

Draconian

Swords.

Swords?

Kel gave the topless girl a look of confusion before he looked back at the fox thing. Hero complex maybe? He'd met someone like it once. If there was a problem to solve, he was the one that was going to solve it.

As the little fox-kid took the jerky, his ear flicked and he looked to BabyBlue. "It appears everyone is hungry this morning," he chuckled, giving a small smile to the fuzzy ... child? It was tiny. And adorable. Cute enough to want to keep as a pet.

The topless woman's comment about a labyrinth just made him flick his ears, "Who's keeping bears in a labyrinth? Where?" He didn't move from his spot, he kept his voice low. Kel didn't want to frighten the fluffy kid ahain, "the Fell? Under Ketra? Maybe theres a natural labyrinth in the Thunderblacks? Can't think of why bears would be in there." Kel pondered for a moment, ears flicking with his thoughts.

almighyxcavus

Kara stood and cracked some parts of her body. "The Labyrinth of Davaathia, it's on an island 20 minutes off from the port of Ainu in Yoreiq. But thinking about it now, there's no way a bear could leave the labyrinth anyways. The eye thing must've been a reflection from the sun probably." Kara sighed a little. it's been so long since that journey. I miss Kiron, Taiga, and Rima the most. I just was just hoping another would pop up soon. The forge hasn't been that busy anyway.

Kel was a very handsome kulshedra, and Peri was absolutely beautiful. No, they probably don't roll that way. She remembered the fox's intention on getting to Cerenis, Kara knelt back down and spoke in a soft and welcoming voice: "Hey bud, why do you want to go to Cerenis so bad? We can take you there if you want, plenty of food to eat. Heck I'll even treat everyone to a buffet how's that sound?" Kara smiled at the little fox happily eating the jerky.

Kalak8538

Biting into the piece of cured meat reminded the fox how hungry he still was. He tore at it, hastily consuming the food he was offered. His attention was drawn once again by the mention of Cerenis.

"W-wry... gah, Seh'enees?" he asked.

His cheeks were full to the point his already accented voice could hardly form words. He took a hard swallow, and continued.

I go... Serenis. F-friend..."

The fox then placed the remaining bit of jerky between his teeth, holding it there as he climbed out more from his burrow.

Spooky

The sun was in full view now, and Peri closed her eyes against its brightness so she could bask in the warmth for a moment. Well, at least they'd all found something to rally over with their little fox friend.

Peri smiled as the little fox emerged from his hideout, mouth full to the brim of jerky. She couldn't fault him, Peri would have taken smoked jerky over crab any day. She stood and made her way over, stretching her arms out abover her head along the way, and came to a stop not too far behind the onyx Kulshedra.

"Your friend lives in Cerenis?"

Perry flicked at a few of the sea shells stuck in the sand with her clawed toes, then turned her attention back to fox, a soft smile warming her face.

"What's your name?" She asked. "I'm Peri." She indicated herself with one hand and then pointed back to the little fox. "You?"

Maybe if they at least knew his name they could find this friend he spoke of.

Kalak8538

Another flashback was triggered by the Peri's movements. Tears started to well in the creature's eyes as his mouth gaped, meat dropping from it. This was not the first time he had seen this pantomime. It was reminiscent of a meeting in the desert so long ago...

The sound of the food hitting the sand below was enough to snap the fox from his momentary stupor. He blinked his glassy eyes and bent down to retrieve what he had lost. Now back to normal, he put his free paw to his chest, and said.

"Ei'napt rreah'tya ap Eihmo'tei"

These words spoken in his bestial-sounding native tongue echoed in the fox's head. He had heard his past self speak these exact words simultaneously with himself now.

"Issa... Eihmo'tei."

Draconian

"Issaeihmo'tei," Kel repeated, looking to Peri for a moment before he looked to the little fox thing. Poor kid. "You made him cry," he said in a softly acccusing voice over his shoulder to the blue girl. Periwinkle. Only name he could think of for blue.

"I have been named Kellayenasifarel by the Thanati natives or Onyx by my own, i have no preference" Kel intercepted the bit of dropped jerky, brushing the sand off and making sure it was clean before he handed it back. "Nice to meet you Peri. Issa..Eih?" The lanuguage it had spoken was foreign and Kel moved to sit on his knees to get to his pocket again.

Only a few pieces left. He handed a second one to IssaEih and pressed one to Peri's blue hand - he'd heard her stomach. "And you? What are your names?" He smiled at the topless woman, making a pointed look at her bared breasts when he'd asked for names. His time with humans had changed his sense of humour somewhat.

almighyxcavus

Kara smiled finally getting to know everyone. "Name's Kara, I'm usually at my forge in Arca, but it wasn't busy yesterday or the day before so I figured I get up early for some windsurfing today. Then this whole happened. Also, just a heads up, if it were anyone else but me, somebody would probably slap you for looking at their breasts. Let me go grab my hakama real quick."

Kara ran back to her wind-sail picking it up from the sand. She ran back into the water and caught a decent wave. She gained a lot of speed, finding her hakama once more. She got off, unbandaged her makeshift underwear and put it back around her breasts. She placed her red hakama back on and sailed back to the group.

"Baaack!"

She landed on the sand in front the group, faceplanting right in front the little fox. "Ready to go to Cerenis?" She smiled with sand all over her face.

Spooky

Well, the little fox had a name after all. She smiled and gestured toward the beach, moving herself away from the entrance to his little hideaway. If he trusted them enough to come out, maybe they could start on their way to Cerenis. Despite Kara's abrasive nature and the outright enigma she thought of as Kel, she was glad they had come along. She felt far more confident dealing with the lost creature - Issa Eihmo'tei - with other people around.

Her ears perked up when Kel mentioned his name, his name that came from the Thanati natives. Had he been exiled? It would explain how he ended up here, a strange Kulshedra by the ocean. Although - Someone could say the same thing of Periwinkle herself.

Peri scoffed at Kel.

"I did not!" She laughed. "Maybe the jerky was just so good it brought him to tears," Peri took the piece of jerky gratefully and grinned at Kel before biting into it. Delicious.

"Mmm, thanks," she said between mouthfuls. "I'm Periwinkle, or just Peri."

She gave a simple friendly wave to Kara as she introduced herself, too busy chewing on the jerky to actual give out greetings. ... And, then continued waving as Kara ran off down the beach.

"So, shall we - " Peri saw Kara's incoming body out of the corner of her eye and hopped to side, out of the way of her landing face first in the sand.   

"Ready to go to Cerenis?"

"Yeah! What she said," swallowing the last of the jerky.

She started to back away from the cave slowly, bending down slightly so she could look in Issa's eyes and beckoned him with her hands like she was trying to pull him out with an imaginary line.

"Come on, maybe Kel'll give you more jerky," she glanced over at him. "You do have more jerky, right?"

Kalak8538

"No... name, Eihmo'tei." the fox corrected (or at least tried to).
"Ee-moh-tay"

He slinked out more, watching expectantly as his jerky was brushed off. As soon as he was able, he quickly snatched the meat from Kel's hand before biting into it.

"Ehmo'tuh..." he corrected again, somewhat annoyed with mouth full.

Once the second piece was offered, Eihmo'tei popped the remainder of the first into his mouth and took it. He paused as Kara ran off, large ears perking up to track her. It was a little disconcerting to the fox creature how spontaneous and erratic this woman seemed to be. She seemed harmless enough, but his instincts still made him wary of everything larger than himself. He went back to eating.

Once she came back, it seemed she was ready to.

"Reddy go Serenis!" he responded eagerly, finally climbing completely out of the hole in the sand.

almighyxcavus

Kara stood and shook off any sand from her body. She clapped lightly and spoke with a very happy voice: "Yay! Lets get a move on then bud- I mean Eihmo'tei. Yes, said it right the first time! Hop on to my shoulder."

The little fox scurried up Kara's shoulder like any normal cat. He then sat behind her neck with his feet resting just above her breasts. "You're so cute! And fluffy!" Kara cheered happily. "Kel, Peri, either of you guys want to take the lead to Cerenis? Can't remember how to get there from here."

Kara was so excited to have a little companion after being so alone for a while. It was comforting for her, and she didn't want to ruin the moment by focusing on where to go. She remembered that Eihmo'tei was still afraid of many things, Kara did her best to comfort him and make sure not to make any rash decisions while carrying him. Eihmo'tei... Didn't he say he was from the desert? What the hell is he doing all the way up here? Well considering my past I wouldnt be surprised with anything at this point. Hey bud, if you want to stay with me, I can help you conquer your fears if you want. Ill show you whatever you want to know.

Draconian

He did have more jerky.

Kel just smiled at Periwinkle before he turned his head.  A gentle eye roll to Kara's comment about slapping him for looking at her breasts - they were right there and they moved, more of a distraction than because he wanted to look at them. He was silently thankful when the girl finally left, he smiled when the little guy corrected him to just Eihmo'tei, but nodded anyway. Sure. Issa Eihmo'tei. S'what he said.

For a moment he had thought the girl left for good, though the sound of someone coming caught him off guard and he leaned away from where she face planted. Mmm, sand. Good breakfast. Then he recalled her earlier words and he just frowned, "From Arca? In a day? All the way from Arca?"  The look her gave her was of disbelief but sure okay, why not. Wasn't going to touch that.

Apparently she could get here from Arca in a day but getting to Cerenis was pushing it.

Kel stood up, wiping the sand from his pants and wiggling his feet to get what wasn't clinging to him off. "Maybe you sh--" Kel stopped and watched her put Eihmo'tei on her shoulders, "Now you're more top heavy. Make sure your not-shirt doesn't fall off or you'll be giving a free show to everyone. You know, they've invented shirts," He looked at her bandages before plucking at his own loose white shirt. At least Peri had an excuse for weird clothing - she was from a tribe that lived in the forest.

A gentle sigh and he looked at the sky for a moment before mentally tracking where it had been when he'd left the town. Where the sun had come up. "Well, if you'll follow me," His tail gave a wave while he walked through the sand. Wide steps for his balance as he made his way back to grassy land. "We'll wash those on our way back?" He nodded to Peri off handedly about his fabric, "Unless you just want to go home. Which is fine. If you don't though I can get you breakfast. You've been to Cerenis before right? I imagine with your tribe so close to here you'll have more dealings with humans than mine did." His own tribe had been remote. Locked high in the mountains with nothing to help them with survival.

A polite smile to Eihmo'tei and Kara and he wiped his feet off on the grass and sighed, "Seriously though, why don't you wear... Regular people clothing if you're from Arca?" there was a pause, "And where in the Fire is that guy from? Why doesn't he speak common?"

Spooky

The little fox looked quite spritely as he hopped onto Kara's shoulders. A completely different creature than the one she'd met at sunrise this morning. A little bit of jerky and a whole caravan to take him to Cerenis and he was a happy critter. Periwinkle smiled.

"You look ready, Eihmo'tei."

Her eyes shifted to Kel as he made his way awkwardly over to the more stable grass. Breakfast? That did sound tempting. The jerky would tide her over, but she was still hungry. A clawed hand drifted absentmindedly to rest over her stomach as she looked in the direction of Cerenis, and then back at her basket of sullied fabric. And, then back to Kel.

Peri grabbed her basket and hefted it up into the branches of a nearby spindly beach tree.

"These can wait. Breakfast sounds great," with her basket secured she made her way over to stand next to Kel and smiled. "Cerenis is where I get all my buttons, I know the way."

With that she twirled the fabric over her shoulders up and around her neck into a scarf and started off toward the seaside town, moving slowly so the rest of their group could follow.

"So..." she looked to Kel. "Where's your tribe, then?"

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei settled in place atop the woman's shoulders. He watched curiously as Kel tugged at the fabric he wore. The fox mirrored this gesture, tugging at his own crude woven tunic. The words were strange to him. He did not understand them. There was still much of the common tongue unknown to the fox-creature, and the confusion was clear on his face.

The puzzled look was broken by the other scaled being. There was one word she spoke that the fox knew, and it excited him.

"Reddy!" he said happily with a wide grin.

And like that, they were moving. As the group left the sands of the beach for more stable earth, the black-scaled man began asking questions. There were two questions in particular that were directed to the fox riding Kara's shoulders. Eihmo'tei understood only some of the words, but did his best to guess the nature of the inquiries.

"M-Me, issa come... issa from... Moraki. Speek common..." he said hesitantly, patting his chest with an open paw.

almighyxcavus

I knew he was from the desert! Kara smiled as she spoke: "Yay! We're desert siblings! Im from Essyrn I lived just a couple miles away from the Moraki! It's where I got my permanent tan skin-tone!"

Remembering Kel's comment on her clothing: "Well it's mainly for two reasons, one, public nudity wasn't nescessarily looked down upon at least when I waa growing up. I came to Arca looking for work, I'm a master blacksmith give me anything sword, shield, armor, you name it and I'll fix it right up and a no break, chip, or crack guarantee for at least 30 days. Thats not even to sell myself, that's quite literally a fact. No piece of armor, weapon, or anything has come back to me broken in under 30 days. As far the clothing goes, my forge is very hot so light clothing is a go to for me. I would love to get rid of these breasts though, they get in the way a lot more often than I would like."

Kara happily walked along with Eihmo'tei riding on her shoulders. The little fox really grew on her, if only she could teach him how to fight.

Draconian

Permanent....?

Kel lifted an eyebrow and looked to Peri. Sure why not. The girl was strange. He just listened to the girl talk and more and more her words filtered into one ear and got stuck in the fluff in the middle. 30 days? Was thirty days important? At the mention of her breasts he looked at them again and pursed his lips. "You know there are flesh sculptors in Thanatos that would do away with those, as it is, you're in Serendipity. Wear clothing or people are going to stare at your tits and maybe even try to do more." He started off again, walking in the general direction of Cerenis.

He snorted to the little fox thing, "You really don't speak common. That's okay, I don't speak essyrni. Yet." He smirked and rubbed his ear, stride quick and long, "Aren't you a little young to be a master of anything?" He asked again, looking at Kara, "Don't really look buff enough to be a blacksmith."

almighyxcavus

Oh really now? Who does this guy think he is? Best to avoid conflict but jeez he's questioning everything I do. Whelp lemme show him. Kara stopped for a moment, taking Eihmo'tei off her shoulders "This'll only be for a second desert buddy. Now Kel was it? I think I need to show you something." Kara placed a hand on her stomach, molten lava appeared around her hand as she reached in herself, in her inner forge. She grabbed Glub-glub a gigantic two-handed black double-head great axe from within herself and planted it in the ground. The axe was twice her size and weighed about 500 pounds.

Kara smirked with an almost evil-like grin: "No I am not too young, masters can even be as young as 16 depending on the field, I forged Glub-glub myself, it's built to withstand any blow and destroy anything that comes in it's way. Try to pick him up. I dare you."

Kalak8538

Eihmo'tei held his tongue at the mention of Essyrn. Much time had passed since he had last been there, but the memory of it somewhat soured his good mood. 

"Speek Common!" he protested further. "No speek Essyrn too..."

He did not know Essyrn even had its own tongue. Before he could further reflect on this, the fox was taken down and placed on the earth once again. This perplexed Eihmo'tei, who had assumed they would move much farther before stopping. He watched Kara with intrigue. This gave way to confusion, and then horror. The sight of lava, as well as a large item beginning to emerge from her terrified the fox. Instinct once again took over, sending Eihmo'tei swiftly fleeing into the grass.

Tags: