Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Happy Little Trees

Started by Draconian, October 18, 2017, 11:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

@AlmighyXcavus

The strange pang in her gut told her she should eat things.

Lallianolu didn't really know how though. The few time she'd eaten before she'd been mimicing. Put food in mouth, bite it with the teeth and then do the swallow thing.  Well, chew it a little first. Lallianolu had choked a few times and the resulting panic hadn't exactly been fun. The chirping of birds kept her occupied while she walked, her cloak getting snagged in branches and making it hard to balance.

It turned out, walking over roots and soft moss was difficult when there was naught but two hooves and a small frame.

For the most part, everything was still very new. Sunsets delighted her. Sunrises were beautiful. Leaves and bark and flowers were amazing beautiful things. Lallianolu wasn't sure how she found herself in a forest of thick trees but she was here now and she supposed she'd make the best of it. The trees were pretty. It smelled nice here. Her ears flicked at the sound of the wind through the trees and she dragged her fingers along the bark.

More chirping birds.

Another angry hungry gurgle in her torso.

Lallianolu pursed her lips before she tilted her head towards the bird chirping noise up there in the trees.

Hmm... That was food right? Could be.

It took a great deal of effort and a few awkward positions but she finally - finally! - managed to grab a nest from a tree, looking down at it curiously. Strange spheres a little warm to the touch but no feathery puff. Not pointy face horn. Lallianolu looked at the nest, the wooden cradle for the warm oval things.

Hm. A moments pause and she held out her hand into the air, making a motion like she was tugging something from the air. A flame. Perfect! "Yes," she said softly, moving down to the ground before finding a few twigs and sticks and putting them in a pile. Gleefully she kneeled at her makeshift pile of sticks before feeding the flame to them, smiling when it took and she held the nest of eggs above it.

Fire made food. Or something. So gleeful about the prospect of making the gnawing feeling in her belly go away, she didn't really notice the fire crawl along the forest floor, licking at the dry sticks and leaves and branches. The fire was almost as hungry as the strange girl who conjured it.

almighyxcavus

Just a little bit more... come on... I'm almost there...

Aetroskos had been flying for over two weeks now from his short trip to visit the isles. He was beyond exhausted. He was swaying side to side in the air, his chin hit the water multiple times. He just wanted some sleep.

Out on the horizon he saw it, the Niahi woods, his home. Finally... Aetroskos fell asleep mid air and landed with a very loud THUD in his makeshift landing pad. Although, he was immediately woken up by the feeling of dying flowers within the woods. What the hell... And I just got back too! Aetroskos stood once more shaking his head to wake himself before darting into the woods.

A dragon of his size should have never been able to navigate the woods so effortessly and elegantly. He looked as if he was apart of the wind that blew the leaves off the trees. Shortly he came upon the source. A small fire that was accompanied by a woman trying to cook... a birds nest!

Aetroskos darted towards the fire, shifting into his elven form whilst mid-air. He readied 3 arrows onto Pados. With a quick release the source of the fire was snuffed out by one arrow and the trails were taken care of by the other two. He landed just before where the flame had been lit, eyeing the woman with slight anger before grabbing the nest and returning it to its proper home up high in the tree.

He landed back onto the ground graciously, eyeing the woman up and down before speaking. "Why did you attempt to cook unhatched children of nature? Speak or I may hold no mercy." Aetroskos wasn't a being of anger, more so his guardian instinct shines when someone attempts to mess with mother nature.

Draconian

What was that?

A delicate hand reached out for the first arrow. Curious for two reasons. Where had if come from and how had it put out fire? A tilt of her head and she jumped slightly at the second one, face going slack befofe she looked up... Ah! It was a person.

Lallianolu had met a few people before and she liked fo think she had great people skills. It was untrue, but she tried just the same. Put out, she quietly watched the strange arrow throwing with a frown. Didn't protest when he took the solution to her gnawing belly away.

She stood up though, put her hands on her hips. Lallianolu didn't want to speak, simply because he had demanded she do so. Still, she opened her mouth, looking up at the nest and then glared at the strange giant man again.

"I was going to eat them," she proclaimed, voice soft and lyrical before she flicked her ears in annoyance. "My insides ache and I think putting hot food in there will make it better." She paused, "Who is Mercy and why can't you hold him," she added moving to try and look behind the nest theif for this Mercy fellow.

almighyxcavus

Aetroskos was completely confused. Does she not understand the concept of mercy? "Mercy isn't a person its a concept..." Aetroskos stood back for a moment and put away Pados. He looked at the woman once more, what was she even? She looked to have partts of a lizard, unicorn, and an elf.

Aetroskos approached her slowly, he touched the diamond on her forehead and then her heart. She's not even a year old... how is this- Aetroskos realized he could figure this out later. At the moment he needed to get something for this woman to eat before she wound up trying to roast another birds nest.

Aetroskos knelt to the ground and touched a nearby branch with a single finger. Before long a multitude of edible mushrooms began to sprout. He plucked one and handed it to her: "for the time being eat this mushroom it'll fill the ache in your stomach for now until we find more food for you."

Draconian

Lallianolu was thrown off by someone so rudely touching her. Let alone touching the thing on the forehead. Feeling pain was an unusual thing but she had felt that and she jerked her head back and swiped her hand in front of her face to keep the strange man away from her. A glare and she pinned her ears back, blinking at him before she shuffled away, tail flicking angrily.

"Don't touch me!" She barked, glaring at his mushrooms, smacking his extended hand away from herself, "I don't want your ground fungus!" Lallianolu stood up, frowning at him, keeping at least an arms length away. A look up the tree she pointed to the nest, pouting "I want to eat those. Why did you take them away? Those were fine to eat until you took them away!"

almighyxcavus

In his defense, besides his siblings and the elf woman she met 2000 years ago, this was his only other genuine interaction with a woman. After touching her, he realized that she wasn't anything of nature. More so a mixing of random parts and giving life, this was against everything Aetroskos stood for as a guardian of the forest. Something about this woman did intrigue him though. She was still just brought into this world recently, she probably knows nothing other than what her body tells her. To Aetroskos she was a child curious about her surroundings and she wanted to explore all of it.

Aetroskos bowed: "My apologies, but I cannot let you eat that nest, you see it's filled with these creatures called birds. When a bird is born in stays inside a little egg for a while before hatching and coming outside. You were trying to eat the bird that was still asleep waiting to come out. How would you feel if someone tried to eat you if you were asleep? In any case you can't eat the eggs, but I can find you a good meal if you like to accompany me. I promise I will not touch you or hurt you at all."

Aetroskos crouched on his knees getting below her level. A tactic he's known ever since he helped an abandoned child out of the woods. By placing himself under her, it would hopefully convince her that he was of no threat to her and only wanted to help. "I am also sorry for touching you, I had forgotten the rules of decency a while ago."

Draconian

Lallianolu frowned deeply.

Glancing up at the nest he'd stolen from her. Back to the weird giant person. "I wouldn't feel anything," she stated, hands resting on her hips for a moment before she watched him get down onto his knees. Perfect!

"You promise not to touch me, correct?" She said, voice silky smooth before she sprang into action. It was a scramble, but she'd mastered climbing the tree from all the previous failed attempts. Hand goes onto that branch. Hoof rests in that crevice. It was a few seconds before she had her hand under the nest again.

The next second she had the eggs in her hand and she'd plattered them at the tree. Which she immediately regretted. Sort of. They were tiny still, little naked bird bodies clung to the yolk, their weight too slight for gravity to peel them from the tree.

"They could have been my meal," she frowned, "now they can be something elses meal." She crossed her arms over her chest and glared down from her perch on the branch,  though curiosity got the better of her and she leaned in to watch the ants slowly converge on their new meal. "Already being eaten," she said triumphantly, "little black things with pinchy faces!"

almighyxcavus

Aetroskos was dumbfounded, he had no clue what this woman was thinking. Mainly due to the fact she was less than a year old! This must be an act of mother nature, or fate, or something. At least the souls of the birds will be reborn in the next generation thankfully.

Aetroskos sighed before looking up to the woman again. "Well since the birds are not ant food, I believe we should go find you something to eat. At this point you look to practically starving. I offered the mushrooms as something to hold you over until we found something bigger for you to eat. Now are you going to follow me to a nice big juicy meal that won't upset mother nature."

Aetroskos shifted into his forest lion form. "Or would you rather ride?"

Draconian

Did she look starving? Was that a look? Lallianolu looked down at her hands, flexing them a few times while she tried to find this starved looking trait. The back of her hands were all... Tanned and normal looking. Her nails were a little long and a little pointy but... Did they look hungry? Lallianolu glanced at her arms now, stuck out a leg from under her skirt and looked at her dainty hoof. Pet at the fur there before she listened to him again, glancing up and....

"Where did you go?" She whispered, eyes wide, ears pinned back, looking at the fluffy monster on the ground below. It sounded like the man but it didn't look like him. A frown and she slowly slid from the branch, one dainty hoof digging into the dirt and moss below, tail swaying back and forth before walking around the giant beast monster. One hand touched it's shoulder and she gave it a push, "Are you Mother Nature?" She whispered, eyes wide and blinking slowly.

"There's a strange man who keeps talking about you," A glance around for the giant of a man-thing and she frowned at the fluffy cat-thing. The idea that it had asked her if she'd like to ride on it didn't even occur to her. "Let's go look for him, Mother Nature," She nodded before she started to walk off, hooves leaving indents in the moss as she moved. "He was really tall and angry, we should find him soon."

almighyxcavus

Tall and angry? Really? Aetroskos chuckled a little. Maybe this'll get her to eat, just play along... Aetroskos caught up to the woman in his lion form and mustered his most feminine voice he could think of:

"Why... yes I am mother nature. The tall angry man you are looking for is my son, Aetroskos. He's always doing things for my sake even though I have told him that everything happens for a reason. Now as far as finding him, I think he went to go get some food." Aetrsokos brought himself in front of the woman and asked: "Care for a ride? It'll be a lot faster and easier to find him this way."

I can only imagine how hungry she must be at this point. Although her sudden interest in finding me is quite peculiar.

Draconian

Oh dear.

Lallianolu's eyebrows shot up on her forehead and instead of listening, she smooshed her hands against the animal's face. A few mooshes around of the face-bits and she smiled, blinking owlishly when she'd realized it was talking. "Oh. No," She pat the kitty-thing on the head and carried on her way, looking up at trees and then down at the dirt.

"Do you know what I can eat? Apparently I am not allowed to eat animal-things." A pout and she kicked at a small loose rock with her hoof. "Animal-things are tasty though."

Tags: