Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Heroes Wanted!

Started by PastelCurlies, October 23, 2017, 05:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PastelCurlies

Heroes Wanted!

My name is Corthus and I have travelled a great distance in search of a group of heroes willing to assist me. I recently returned to my home after travelling around the land trading my wares. To my horror the entire kingdom is deserted. My wife and children were among those lost and alone I cannot do anything. Knowing I could not find help in the hostile neighbouring kingdoms I sailed to the east in search for land. Luckily I came across a merchant vessel and from there managed to find myself here in your fair land. So many powerful and noble souls! Please if you can find it within yourself to help me find my family and uncover what disaster has befallen my homeland I would be forever in your debt. It is an arduous journey but I have enlisted the assistance of a ship and a crew to take us there. Do not concern yourself with how you will get to me, if you truly wish to help I can make sure you are transported here from anywhere in the land. Please heroes, if you believe yourself strong enough for an adventure into the unknown I can reward you handsomely.

So yeah XD I'm really interested in hosting a campaign with around 3 or more others. It will take place in a completely new and strange land to make sure it's a fresh environment for anyone that takes part. It also allows me to have fun with description and not make any mistakes as to events or locations as I've made them all up. XD

The way it'll work is:

• PM me if you're interested with a link to your character so I get a chance to read up on them and decide whether or not they'll work with the campaign. (Chances are they will, just gives me a bit of time to think ahead haha)
  • I'll also need a current inventory list of what your character will have on them when the campaign begins so I can keep track of it.
  • Once I have enough people I can 'teleport' you to the docks where the adventure will begin.
  • I will keep track of each character's inventory and location though obviously you are welcome to do the same. This will mean I can adapt the story and the environments to fit with your specific character and their possessions.
  • The way we'll deal with events is that I'll explain the environment around you, handle the NPCs, and you can then post your actions and reactions in reply. I'll then handle the consequences. For example, I may describe a large monolith brimming with electrical energy standing before you, with passageways leading off in different directions. You say you want to poke the monolith and I tell you that the moment your finger touches the stone, a loud bang and a blinding light emits from the stone knocking you to the floor.

Rules:

• I won't take control of your character unless you agree beforehand. In return I ask for you not to dictate the consequences of your actions. For example, if you choose to poke the monolith, please don't explain that your hand bursts into flame or that you get thrown across the room unless that is a conscious decision made by your character (they might set themselves on fire,
    who knows! XD)
  • I will do my best to be as fair and unbiased as possible however if I feel I can't make a completely objective decision I will make sure I get one by some other means (a die throw or coin toss for example). I just want to make sure you feel immersed with the adventure and not like I'm there pulling all the strings.
  • Unless you make it very clear, I will not kill your character. If your character does die or end up in some sort of inescapable situation, I will add some sort of narrative loophole that allows you to return to Le'raana. This does not mean there is no risk however. Making a stupid decision or otherwise 'losing your life' will result in your removal from the campaign and your character's return to Le'raana. So be careful, clever, and understand that this adventure will be a taxing and wearing one. Obviously if you do get removed from the campaign, you are still welcome to follow along with the story, I'd just ask if you'd please not suddenly 'reanimate' to help out or continue playing. Basically, no ghosting XD
  • I really want to have fun with this, and the only way that's going to happen is if I know you guys are having fun too. So I know I shouldn't have to say it, but respect each other's decisions.
    The idea is for you to be working as a team and to hopefully become closer as a result of the perilous journey you have taken together.
  • I am not sure yet as to how wealth and currency works on this site, so for the time being, any rewards and treasure you get from this campaign will be redeemable in this, or any following campaigns. Basically meaning that the more of my campaigns you do, the more prepared you can be for the next one haha!

If you think I've missed anything out, am suggesting anything unreasonable, or have absolutely any questions at all just PM me and I'd be glad to do my best to fix it. I'm really looking forward to seeing what awesome heroes answer the call of adventure and especially watching possible strangers work together and hopefully make new friends they'll rp with in the future! ^.^

Really hoping to hear from you soon! <3

Kalak8538

Sailing here from the west puts you close to La'marri!
I have a professional hunter / tracker / survivalist living there that is available!

Tags: