Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mirror Mirror in My Pocket {Eckhart!}

Started by Celegwen, November 11, 2017, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

In her room at the tavern, Vivianne couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. Her reflection smiled and waved her hand. "No!" She said. "My parents forgot about me, yes. The man who trapped me didn't."

She bit her lip slightly, trying to think quickly. Let's see if I can do this, she thought.

"The man bound my spirit to the mirror, but he kept my body alive. He wanted to. It was some kind of weird turn on for him to feel powerful. He visited my mirror for about a year, so I know. After a year, my parents sold me to the curio shop, and I guess didn't tell him." Vivianne smiled softly. "I know him well enough to know he wouldn't let my body die."

You're a total bitch, she thought to herself. Why can't you just let him be? Oh, right... Because apparently he has a target on his back. I should've killed Melissa when I first met her. I knew I'd be stuck cleaning up her mess.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart looked at Viviane in utter shock. "Sweet Ansgar, that's awful!" Tears began to well up in the boy's eyes, and he hugged the mirror tightly to his chest. "I'll get you out of there, I promise."

Eckhart didn't waste any more time getting to the hostel. Upon entering the building he immediately rushed up the stairs to his room. "Bella!" he yelled as he rushed through his door. "Bella, do herbal remedies work on mirrors? Because-"

"Um, excuse me?" the cat meowed disparagingly. "Fish first. Training later."

"But Bella!" Eckhart whined. "It's an emergency! Can't breakfast wait?" He looked at the mirror apologetically. "I'm really sorry about this..."

Celegwen

Vivianne stayed quiet for the rest of the time it took to get back to the hostel he was staying at. He sure changed his attitude quickly, she noted. I guess he's a sap for a sob story.

He entered the room in which she had first seen him, and the cat was still in the same place.

Cat's name is Bella, she thought, trying to gather information about Hildegarde's little brother. Every time Vivianne looked at Eckhart, she couldn't help but see her old friend. Still, there were significant differences between their personalities. Hopefully, they were different enough that she could see Eckhart apart from his sister.

She snapped herself out of her own mind and back into reality when Eckhart apologized for the delay. "Don't worry about it," Vivianne said with a slight shake of her head. "I've been stuck in here since I was seventeen, Eckhart. I'm disrupting your life. I'm sure I can wait until after breakfast."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Since you were seventeen?" Eckhart asked as he set down Vivianne and unpacked the fish. "Um... How old are you now?"

"Wait!" Belladonna jumped onto the counter. "The mirror talks?"

"Yes."Eckhart said flatly. "I was trying to tell you, we need to free her soul from it!"

Belladonna looked at the reflection, then back at Eckhart. "Why would you want to free her?" she asked, completely deadpan. "You finally have a friend as fragile as you are."

The healer's face flushed in embarrassment. "B-Bella! That's mean!"

Celegwen

"Uh, twenty-one?" She said, sounding convincingly unsure. "Twenty-two? I don't know. Time moves differently in here."

She exchanged looks with the cat. Vivianne loved cats. Her last cat died when she was nineteen, and she just never got a new one. Maybe that's what she would do when this was all over.

Seeing Eckhart grow embarrassed again, Vivianne couldn't help but smile slightly. "Is she being snarky?" She asked, looking at Eckhart, then back to the cat. "Hi, Bella. I'm Vivianne." She sensed the slight reflection that Belladonna had in the mirror. The girl glanced at Eckhart, then scratched behind the ear of Bella's reflection.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Belladonna smiled inwardly as the boy got flustered. "Ha! That will never not be funny." The cat swished her tail. "Calm down, I'm just-"

Belladonna stopped mid-sentence as she felt something scratch behind her ear. Immediately she turned around, batting the hand away with her paw- only to find that there was no hand. "Eckhart, what the fuck are you doing? I told you, I don't like snuggles!"

Celegwen

Vivianne giggled, something very out of character for her. She covered her mouth for a second, biting her lip. "You're softer than I would think!"

Feeling a burning sensation, Vivianne glanced at her hand to see a scratch mark. No way, she thought, quickly hiding it from Eckhart and Bella. Can I be hurt that way, too?

That was far from a comforting idea. "Sorry, Bella," she said. "I just wanted to say hi."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart didn't really understand what had happened until Vivianne apologized. "Wait... You can touch people from in there?"

Belladonna turned to glare at the mirror. "Don't you dare touch me again you filthy whore!" she hissed. "I'll bite next time!"

Eckhart scratch the back of his head anxiously. "Um... I don't think she can understand you..."

"Good!" the cat meowed. She jumped off the counter, fish levitating in the air behind her. "I'm eating by myself, thank you. Have fun with your new girlfriend."

Eckhart went red, then looked at his feet. "Damnit, that was my breakfast too..." he thought glumly. He looked at the reflection. "Uh, sorry. She's a bit temperamental..."

Celegwen

"Don't worry about it," Vivianne said with a grin. "I've dealt with worse."

Her mind flashed to her the contract she had gotten a little over a year ago. She had to kill someone, but it turned out to be a vampire. That wasn't a fun surprise. He had no reflection, so it wasn't exactly a simple task for someone used to killing through reflections.

She bit her bottom lip slightly. "Uh, yeah, I can. Check it out." Since part of him was reflected in the mirror, Vivianne was able to access any part of him. She could've been much more forward, but decided against it; that was Hildegarde's thing.

With a soft touch, she placed her hand on his left cheek, stroking her thumb twice. Her smile that time was a little more genuine than it had previously been.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart went red in the face. "She- she's stroking my cheek?" he thought, getting very flustered. "I... I, um..." he stammered, trying to push Viviane's hand away by waving his hand in front of her mirror. When that didn't work, he took a few steps back, feeling her touch disappear as his reflection left hers. "I... I can't believe she'd just do that!"

After a moment, he returned to where he was in her reflection once more. He clasped his hands together. "Um... For future reference, please don't touch my face." the healer said uncomfortably. "It's, ah, really kinda inappropriate..."

Eckhart smiled nervously. "Oh Ansgar, please don't get mad.. "

Celegwen

Vivianne chuckled, waving her hand dismissively at him. "Eckhart, don't worry," she said. "It had no hidden meaning. Completely innocent, I promise."

The blush that had crept not so subtly onto his face was a little endearing, but she felt kind of bad for making him feel uncomfortable. Either way, she had gotten across what she wanted to. He asked a question and got his answer.

I don't know why I'm surprised Hildegarde's brother would be so skittish, she thought. I can't imagine what hell she put him through while growing up.

"So," Vivianne made a motion that appeared to be her knocking on the glass, "how do I get out of here?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Oh, um, right!" squeaked Eckhart, who was more than a bit flustered. "Ah, hang on one second please!"

Rushing to his bed with his cheeks flushed, the young healer grabbed Maladies Most Unusual off of his nightstand. "Sweet Ansgar, she's just a reflection. I'm totally losing it today..." Walking back to the counter, he opened the book to the section on curses. "Um, ok. So..."

Eckhart flipped through the book. "Do you know if this was an entrapment charm? Because there's a cure for that..." He frowned. "Oh no, wait, that one is taken orally..." Eckhart looked at Vivianne curiously. "What kind of 'mancer was this sorcerer? Knowing will make this a lot easier."

Celegwen

"I really don't know," Vivianne said, lying convincingly.

She couldn't have him solve the mystery too quickly, or else this entire thing would blow up in her face. Just need to stay with him long enough to make sure Wasp doesn't do anything stupid.

"All I know is that he had the ability to take magic," she said. "Not like a mordecai, though. This guy would be able to take magic forever." At least this part of the story was true. "Instead, he trapped me in the mirror and gave me this."

Vivianne pulled her bangs away from her forehead, revealing the shards of mirror forever embedded in her skin with the shape of a third eye.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"The ability to take magic?" Eckhart thought, eyes wide. "That's a thing?" His brow furrowed. "If that's the case, I should just tip off Hildegarde that this guy exists- she'd be sure to kill him so he could never use his powers on her..."

The Vivianne pulled back her hair, leaving Eckhart dumbstruck. "Um..." he began. "Uh, hang on..." He turned around. "Bella! I need you, this is way past my skill level!"

The cat came slinking from around a corner, glowering. "What now?" she meowed unenthusiastically. "Is it really so important you need to interrupt my breakfast?" Jumping onto the counter once more she looked at the mirror. "Huh. Haven't seen one of these in a while..."

Eckhart ran his hand through his hair nervously. "...Well? What's is it?"

Belladonna looked up at the boy, exasperated. "That's a curse of sealing. To get the girl out, you'll need to find her physical body and gouge the curse mark out of her forehead."

Eckhart went pale, then looked at Vivianne. "Um, so, she says we need to remove that..." The boy laughed nervously. "Haha, good thing I have surgical skills, right?"

Celegwen

Vivianne feigned shock, her eyes widening and a nervous energy surrounding her. "R-remove it?" She shook her head tensely. "It's literally in my head, Eckhart! I like you, but I don't know if I trust you to cut my head open!"

What does the cat know? Vivianne thought to herself.

She covered her forehead again, thinking for a moment. "How much experience do you have in this area?"

Vivianne sighed, biting her lip nervously. I'm so switching to dogs, she thought. Unless... If he pulls this off, I might not have to be bound to mirrors! This could benefit me more than I thought.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart waved his hands in front of him as if he trying to ward something off. "No no! Please don't panic!" he squeaked nervously. "Sweet Ansgar, I could have phrased that better." he thought, kicking himself. "I'm a fucking joke..."

Eckhart looked to where Belladonna had been, only to see she had left- presumably to finish her breakfast. "Um..." he started nervously. "Well, I've removed arrows and bullets from people before..." The boy scratched the back of his head. "Oh! There was the one time I had to cut my friend's chest open and move one of her ribs by hand so it didn't pierce her lungs!" He beamed. "I don't think you have too much to worry about, if you're up for it- we'd just need to find your physical body."

Eckhart tilted his head. "Do you know where it's being held?"

Celegwen

Sucker, Vivianne thought. Any idea that her watching over Eckhart was completely selfless vanished. She knew that, if the younger Von Musel had the ability to free her from what could realistically be called a mirror prison, her abilities would be nearly unstoppable. She'd have to teach herself a few new tricks, but she liked learning new things!

Still, she knew she had to put on the unsure and nervous face of a girl whose only hope was Eckhart. "Uh, yeah!" She said, thinking briefly. Though her home was in Adela, she had taken a room in Serendipity for this mission. "It's near Arca. At least, that's where I last remember. And you know what? Let's do it. If it's the only option, I guess it'll have to be."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart frowned slightly. "Near Arca, huh?" The boy's shoulders slumped. "Well, you see-"

"We're not going to Arca! We're going to Altas Verde!" cried Belladonna from the other room. "Tell that bitch to wait her turn!"

"I was getting to that!" Eckhart called back angrily. "Sweet Ansgar, calm down..." He looked at Vivianne, cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "Ah, um, you see... We also need to go to Altas Verde to find information about Bella's problem, and that's closer, so, um..."

"Oh Ansgar, I feel like such a dick..."

"Uh, we can go there after that, okay?"

Celegwen

Vivianne shrugged slightly with a small huff. "That's fine with me," she said. "I'm not going anywhere in a hurry!"

Just let him do his thing to help the cat, she thought to herself. Once that's done with, he might be able to help you get free.

If she was being honest with anyone, even herself, it did bother Vivianne a bit that she would have to be second in line to a cat. She understood that it was technically fair because Bella's problem came first and Vivianne's wasn't even real, but still! The woman wasn't exactly accustomed to, or fond of, waiting her turn.

"Alright," she said, taking a breath. "So, what's Bella's problem? What's in Atlas Verde that'll help her?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart sighed in relief. "Thank Ansgar she's not mad."

"Well you see..." Eckhart began. "Bella's... Kind of a hand-me-down?"

"What did you just say?" Belladonna meowed from the other room. "You're the hand-me-down, Tuna Fish!"

"Ah! I-I'm sorry!" Eckhart cried. "Y-you're right." He looked at Vivianne sheepishly. "Um, so, yeah. Her old master's soul was stolen by a fairy because she wanted recipes and was never told she had to pay for them. Altas Verde has..."

"Shit, why are we going to Altas Verde?"

"Um, something. It has something we need."

"Eckhart, It's the only part of Le'Raana that overlaps with the Faery World." Belladonna meowed, scampering towards the two. "I've told you that five times now." 

"Eckhart went red in the face. "Um, right! It overlaps with the fairy world." He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Um, that's the story..."

"Sweet Ansgar, I really fucked that up. I hope Bella's not too upset..."

Tags: