Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Spy with My Little Eye {Eckhart} {M}

Started by Celegwen, November 17, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

@Eckhart_Von_Musel
------------------------
Teryn landed with Blexoir just outside of Ketra, the gryphon being met by an eager elf woman who ran over with a wide smile. She hugged Blex, then grasped Teryn's arm out of respect. Goldie went back to her gryphon partner, while Teryn stepped away.

"Tazzy!" A little girl's voice shouted. Teryn crouched down with his arms open and an ear-to-ear smile on his face. Lizzie ran into his arms, her frizzy hair getting in his mouth slightly. He chuckled, squeezing the girl's small frame against his body. Glancing to where she had come, Teryn saw the mismatched eyes of a stunning woman. She walked over to them, as Teryn stood up. Her eyes asked the question that she wouldn't ask in front of the child.

He nodded. "Melissa's under control," Teryn said, leaning over and kissing her forehead. "She had me worried for a little while, but everyone made it out alive."

Jezebel saw the worry that Teryn was hiding in front of the little girl, so she decided not to push it. "As long as everyone's alive. Oh! GG wanted to speak with you when you got back."

Teryn snorted slightly, shaking his head. "Tell GG to take Lizzie into town for some spices. I'm making dinner and the five of us are going to have a little chat." Jezebel's confused look indicated she didn't know who the fifth person was, so Teryn pursed his lips with a stern energy behind his eyes. "I need to have a little chat with Phoenix."

Lizzie swung GG's hand with a smile, as they walked through the marketplace. It was crowded in the mid-afternoon hours, but she was used to navigating through large groups of people. They bought a few different types of seasoning, as Teryn didn't actually specify what he wanted brought back. GG knew Teryn was usually pretty vague when he was sending people on an errand just to get rid of them.

GG wore a scarf around his neck that covered his jawline. It wasn't that he was particularly cold, but he tried his best to hide the obvious symptoms of his sickness. Lizzie skipped next to him in two different socks that ended beneath her dress.

"Should take you around two hours total," GG remembered Jezebel saying. After about half an hour of walking and an hour shopping, he decided they were gone long enough. Lizzie pointed out a beaded necklace, so the boy bought it for her, then started back in the direction from which they had come. Teryn's house was on the outskirts of the city, so they had a decent distance to cover.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence closed his eyes as he stepped out the door of Addie's room in Zantaric and into the streets of Ketra. The sensation of traveling thousands of miles in a few steps was something he wasn't used to, and it still made him feel rather uneasy. As he opened his eyes, he was greeted by the sight of a bustling marketplace, each stall more colorful that the next. The smell of freshly cooked meat and spices wafted through the air, causing the boy's mouth to water

Terrence looked behind him, hoping to wave goodbye to his Friend- only to see the door had already closed. "Oh..." he thought, shoulders slumped. "I guess she forgot about me already..." The boy abrubtly puffed up his chest. "No. She's still new, I just need to give her more time. She'll remember me eventually."

He sighed. "Man, staying positive is harder then it looks. How does Hildegarde do it?"

The young spy began to walk down the market street, taking in the sights and sounds. He didn't have much to go on- his list only had five bullet points so far. "Bug names. I need to look for bug names." he thought. "Could be worse, I guess..."

Celegwen

Teryn pressed his right hand on the wall with his left on his hip. He couldn't look at the woman in the room with him. "How the fuck could you give Melissa permission... No! You ordered her to go after that kid! 'No survivors' I believe was the wording you used! You stepped in between us and just cut the leash I had on her! Do you understand how disgustingly out of line that was?"

"I did it for you!" Phoenix sat, practically shaking. "You always talk about how much easier everything would be without the other gangs, so I sent her to weaken one of the most powerful ones!"

"Phoenix!" Teryn whirled around to face her. "You didn't weaken anyone! You pissed off Hildegarde fucking Von Musel! That's the stupidest thing you have ever done. I can't comprehend how you thought this would make me happy! You never just think! Do you realize that you are the cause of a potential war between us and them? A fucking war!"

"But this was for-"

"If you say this was for me one more time, I will turn you in to the Adelan authorities within the hour."

Phoenix pursed her lips. "Maybe if you gave me the attention that you give to that multicolored whore, I wouldn't need-" Her snappy comment was cut short by a sharp sting across her right cheek. Teryn stepped back, astonished at himself, as Phoenix regained her composure with her hand over the red mark.

"Phoenix, I-"

She ran out of his house, fighting tears to keep her pride. She glared at GG, Lizzie, and Jezebel outside near the steps before she stormed off. Jezebel just gave GG a look, and the boy took Lizzie's hand to go back into town. She had no idea what was going on, instead looking at GG's happy demeanor as a sign they were going on an adventure.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

There is, of course, a process you must follow if you're an information gatherer. The first, most basic step is getting to know your surroundings. As Terrence had never been to Ketra before, he took it upon himself to explore the city. As the city was huge it'd likely take a few days to truly get a feel for it, but it wasn't a job that could be half-assed.

"I'll need to find a meeting point too." the boy thought as he turned off of Ketra's main street an onto Wyrmsbreath Ave., which seemed to have the bulk of the city's bars and taverns. "And I'll need a place to stay, somewhere nobody would think to look if these bug guys catch on to me." 

Terrence took another turn, this time onto Lake St. This seemed to be mostly houses belonging to nobles and well off citizens, and the streets were noticeably cleaner the the last two he'd been on. "Man, I'm going about this wrong." he thought. "The rougher neighborhoods will be the ones farthest from the center of town." 

"Goddamn." he sighed, well aware nobody would hear him. "Why can't every city be like Zantaric? Everything is backwards here.. "

Celegwen

"Why was Phoenix's face red?" Lizzie asked, looking up at GG.

The boy pursed his lips, trying to think quickly. He wasn't great on the spot, but he knew he couldn't tell Lizzie the truth. "Uh, Teryn got her new makeup,"  GG said. "She was upset because it wasn't the right color."

Lizzie tutted as though Phoenix was there to hear it. "Tazzy says you always say thank you with a smile when someone brings you a present, even if you don't like it. Do you think I can have the makeup since Phoenix doesn't like it?"

GG huffed slightly, shaking his head. "That isn't the kind of makeup you want, squirt. I'll tell you what..." The boy crouched down, taking both of her hands. "I'll get you whatever makeup you want today."

The girl frowned slightly. "Can we play in the woods instead?"

They started running together away from Teryn's house to the nearby woods. It was pretty close, but far enough that the house was no longer in sight. GG interlocked his fingers, and Lizzie stepped up onto them. He helped to make sure she had a firm grip on the branch when she pulled herself up. Then, the boy grabbed onto the branch and flipped upside down, hanging by his knees, while Lizzie straddled the branch and laughed uncontrollably.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

About four hours had passed, and Terrence had barely made a dent in exploring the city. He'd bought a map, and had been spiraling outwards from the center of town- but so far he'd only managed to cover about a fifth of the city. The spy looked up at the sky. "I'd give it another two hours before it gets dark." he thought glumly. "I guess I'd better find an inn soon..."

It took Terrence another thirty minutes to find a cheap room, and another hour and a half to actually book it- the innkeeper kept forgetting the boy was there, and he had to start over the process three times before he finally got his room key. When he had finally unpacked the small amount of things he had brought with him, the sun had already set.

Terrence looked out his window. While not quite in the bad part of town, the inn he'd found wasn't the nicest place he could have chosen to stay. His room overlooked a back alley, and he could hear a loud argument coming from the room above his. "Well," he thought as he grabbed his coat. "I guess I should find someplace to eat..."

Celegwen

The walk back to Teryn's house wasn't too bad, maybe ten minutes or so. The two entered and saw Jezebel sitting on the couch, while Teryn tossed another log onto the fire. "Tazzy, why didn't Phoenix like the makeup color you picked for her?" Lizzie asked immediately.

Teryn's brows furrowed, and GG made a face that told Teryn just to go with it. "She didn't like the color because it didn't match her skin right," Jezebel said quickly. "You know that girls want to look so pretty! That was the wrong color to make her look pretty."

"Go get dressed for bed, princess," Teryn said.

Lizzie bounded up the stairs, and GG stood in front of Teryn and Jezebel. "I'm sorry we're late," he said meekly. "I lost track of time."

Teryn dismissed his apology with a nod. "Jezebel said you wanted to talk to me?"

GG looked at Jezebel. He swallowed nervously and sat next to the woman. "I, um, wanted to know if you're going to be needing my service?" He managed to get it out with a slight stutter, but nothing too extreme. "With the brother of that woman you were talking about being injured, it doesn't take a scholar to figure out something bad could start."

The man released a sigh, kneeling near the fire with his hands folded. "GG you know that you're in charge of your power. I might ask for your help at some point, but I'm not going to force you to do anything. You should know that by now."

The boy nodded, blinking away the tears that were threatening to fall. He leaned his head on Jezebel's shoulder, and she put her arm around him. Teryn stood up, sensing he didn't need to be there, and went to start dinner.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Of course, Terrence had to find the right place eat. Taverns and bars were a great place to gather information- the seedier the establishment, the better. It only took the boy a few minutes to find what he was looking for, and he was soon staring at a small building crammed in between a smithy and a shop selling dragon saddles.

The Furious Wyvern

He stepped inside, smiling at the sound of drunken arguing and mugs slamming on the counter. "It's just like home..."

Taking a seat at the bar, Terrence would close his eyes and listen...

Celegwen

The man dropped a coin on the counter, throwing back half of the cup with ease. "Ya owe double that," the man behind the counter said gruffly. Eruann stood up with a roll of his eyes to walk to his usual table in that particular tavern. "Hey! Flower boy! I'm talkin' to ya!"

Eruann stopped in his tracks, the flower cloak waving slight beneath the twin swords strapped to his back. He glared at the barkeep with his mismatched eyes. Turning around, he walked back over to the counter and dumped the rest of the ale on the floor in front of the man. "It ain't worth double," he said. Placing the cup on the counter, Eruann tapped on the wood twice with pursed lips. "Gimme another."

He was given a glare, as the man poured another cup of ale. Once again, Eruann placed one coin and walked away. That time, he wasn't stopped. Bastard thinks he gonna rip me off for this horse piss, he said, taking a drink.

"You could've just paid the right amount," a woman with most of her breasts exposed said.

Eruann sat next to the woman, putting his arm around her waist. "I don't pay the right amount for you, big red," he sneered.

"It's Jess."

"Not tonight," he said. "Besides, if ya listen to me at all, you'd remember I'm short on coin after I had my contract tooken by that Wasp bitch!" He took another drink, scowling slightly. "Fucking cunt couldn't get her own, so she stole mine."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It's very hard to listen when the loudest, most obnoxious patron is standing right next to you.

"Man." Terrence thought as the man poured his drink out in front of the bartender. "What is this guy doing here? He'd fit right in at the Winking Cyclops back home..." He watched the man walk away, smiling to himself. He turned back to the bar, closing his eyes once more...

And that's when he heard it.

"Wasp!" the boy thought excitedly. "I didn't think I'd get info this soon!" He slipped off of his stool and quietly walked over to where the man was sitting. The seat across from the man was pulled away from the table slightly, so Terrence sat in it without a sound. If there was one thing he was confident in, it was his ability to sit right next to somebody and stay unnoticed.

"Okay. Please elaborate for me."

Celegwen

The whore leaned into Eruann, running her hand up and down his chest. "I know, handsome," she said. "I can make you forget all about her."

He scoffed, looking directly at her breasts. "You best be sure of that!" He threw back the rest of his ale, coughing a bit. "The whole nest of them bugs needs to be stomped out! I'm sick of them. Although..." Eruann snorted briefly. "That Butterfly lady ain't bad on the eyes."

"Butterfly?" Jess asked, knitting her brows. "Who's that?"

"Uh, you know... She's a whore, like you. Hot as fuck with two skin colors."

The girl laughed, shaking her head. "You mean Jezebel!" She chirped. "Oh, she's an absolute delight!"

Eruann glared at her. "I don't give a shit what you think of her. As long as she do her job good, I don't care if she's the queen of this fucking shithole."

"She might as well be," Jess said, moving away from him with a pout. "Hell, she's basically married to that Spider guy."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence smiled. "A two-colored prostitute?" he thought, standing up. "But that's so... Easy! I'll have no trouble tracking her down." He began to walk away, brows furrowed. "I guess that Spider is the leader then, if sleeping with him makes this Jezebel woman a queen..."

As he walked towards the exit, Terrence saw a sandwich that had been untouched by the man who had ordered it. The man was looking at his date, so Terrence leaned over and snatched his meal. The man didn't notice, and Terrence walked out of the bar with a grin. As he began to head back towards his inn, he took a bite. "Aww, turkey?" he thought as he chewed. "Without mustard? Goddamn, this bites."

Celegwen

Jezebel took a breath, bringing the plates into the other room. GG brought Lizzie upstairs for bed after Teryn gave the little girl a kiss on the cheek.

When they disappeared upstairs, Teryn walked into the other room. Jezebel was sitting over a bucket of suds and dishes. The man walked behind her, listening to her hum a soft tune to herself, and crouched down with his hands running gently along her bare sides. He kissed the back of her shoulder, but she took a deep breath. "Teryn," she whispered.

"No," he said. "Don't say it."

"I don't have to," she said, turning to face him. "You already know. We've been down this path before. Please, don't make this harder." She took a cloth and dried her hands, standing up and leaving him crouching by the bucket. The woman buckled her belt pouch on and wrapped a red lace shawl around her for warmth. She glanced at Teryn before walking out the door.

Her usual spot was near the tavern The Furious Wyvern, so she started off in that direction. Along the way, she got a few calls from random nobodies. Jezebel just ignored them, knowing that she had a job to do and a place to get to.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

As Terrence walked, he went over the brothels he had seen that day. "Alright, so the Randy Peach seems pretty high end, that seems like a good place to start. Vinnie's Parlor was fairly nice as well, so that should be my second stop..." He smiled, passing a woman on the street. "Man, it's only been a couple of hours! I'm making great progress! Tomorrow will be-"

Terrence paused, then turned around. "No way..."

The woman he had passed had to be the Jezebel the man had spoken of- there was not a shred of doubt in his mind. Even in the dimly lit streets the woman's two-toned skin stood out, her cloths making it incredibly clear what career path she had chosen. "A-already?" the boy thought, a bit apprehensive. "Am I being set up?"

Terrence shook his head. "Doesn't matter- I may not get another chance like this!" Walking back towards the woman, the boy said hello. The woman didn't seem to hear him - "As usual" - so he poked at the prostitute's arm. "How much?"

"Oh god, I've never actually done this before. I hope that was the right thing to say!"

Celegwen

As Jezebel walked, she swore there was a little buzzing sound that had come out of nowhere. Ignoring it, she continued until she felt a small poke at her arm. The woman whirled around, ready to kick the shit out of whoever touched her without permission.

Instead, she found it had been a boy who couldn't have been older than GG. He was significantly smaller, though.

A kind smile spread across her lips. "No offense, sweetie," she said, "but I don't think you know what you'd be getting with me." She started walking away, but stopped briefly, turning around to look at him again. "What's your name?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Eckhart."  Terrence lied, crossing his arms. "And I'm of age, if that's what you're getting at."

Celegwen

This can't be happening, Jezebel thought to herself. She kept her cool, giving him another smile. He would never be able to tell that her heart was actually racing.

"Eckhart," she repeated sweetly, burning his face into her mind. "What an unusual name! I like it."

She took a step towards him, pushing her breasts forward ever so slightly. I have to figure out what he's doing here.

Flipping her hair to one side, Jezebel nodded and looked around. "There's an inn right around the corner that I enjoy. They can get you a discounted rate for the night, unless you already have a place somewhere?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"She bought it!" Terrence thought excitedly as the Jezebel stepped towards him. "This is perfect! What better way to get her to talk then pretend to be one of her targets!" He beamed at the woman. "Thanks, gorgeous." he said, trying not to sound like the awkward teenager he was. The boy looked Jezebel up and down, eyes finally resting on her breasts. "I'm sure your name isn't half as beautiful as you are."

"That was suave, right?"

Finally peeling his eyes away from Jezebel's assets, he looked her in the eyes. "Your place is probably closer, I'm staying on the other side of town."

Celegwen

Jezebel shrugged, glancing at him with a sensual stare. "In that case, right this way." Turning around, she made sure to stay a few feet ahead of Terrence. "Teryn," her voice was barely audible to even herself, "I need you to keep your ears open tonight."

"No," Teryn's voice said. "As if knowing about your job isn't enough torture?"

"I'm serious," she said with no change in tone or volume. "This is important."

She knew him well enough to recognize his silence as agreeing without having to voice it. It was a short walk to get to a tall building with a worn sign out front. If the sign ever had anything written on it, it was done away with over years.

"This place belongs to a few friends of mine," she said, walking through the front door.

A young woman emerged with beauty almost matching Jezebel's. She had a similar clothing style, as well as a tattoo near her belly button. The two women hugged each other, then the new woman handed Jezebel a key with the number three on the tag. "Have fun," she said with a wink to Jezebel.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Still grinning, Terrence went over his plan in his head. "Ok, so I need to say enough to get her to think I could be Hildegarde's brother, but not enough to confirm it. That's the key." As they approached what he assumed must be the inn, Terrence struggled to think of a good last name for his new alter-ego. "Eckhart Mittermeyer? No, too recognizable. Eckhart Von Lohengramm? No, too similar..."

He stepped inside the building, nodding politely to the tattooed woman- not that she was likely to see him do it. As they reached room three and Terrence stepped inside, he suddenly realized something he hadn't truly considered up until that point.

"Holy shit, I'm actually getting laid!"

Grinning ear to ear, Terrence would begin to unbutton his shirt...

Tags: