Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Clear Skies (open)

Started by Jiaolong, January 03, 2018, 10:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiaolong

Lailani, still unsatisfied with the vague answer, decided a different approach. "The reason I ask is that you are very talented in water magic. I was wondering if it wasn't too much trouble for you to stay and help my students."

Aleki was surprised at his mother's forward proposal. "My mom teaches water magic to the kids on the island that can use it."

Lailani nodded. "While I try to show my students as much as I can, I think they could all learn a lot if you demonstrated a few things." Secretly, she had another reason for asking Fluvial to stay. Aleki was always so competitive and stubborn when it came to the other children, and there weren't many his age on the island. The elemental, surprisingly, was someone her son got along with. Perhaps it was selfish, but...every mother wanted her child to have a friend.

Kalak8538

Fluvial was very obviously confused by the request. He repeated some words after they had been spoken

"Students..? Teaches..?"

"I do not understand. I am sorry, these words are new to me.
If I could ever help... I will. I can leave when you need me to..."

Jiaolong

So many apologies, even when he had done nothing wrong. But Lailani didn't say this out loud. This Fluvial was certainly a fragile soul, and it reminded her of someone she once knew...

"Hmm...a student is someone who wants to learn something. A teacher helps the student understand what they want to know."

"Of course, whether you agree or not is up to you. I realize this is a bit of a large request..."

Aleki looked from his mother to Fluvial, wondering what the elemental would say. He got the feeling Fluvial had never been asked something like this before.

Kalak8538

"I... agree.
To assist if I can..."

The elemental was feeling something entirely new to him. No longer was he simply going along with whatever happened around him. Fluvial was making a decision for himself. Such a sensation felt... pleasing. Still, something about it also felt improper, or even unnatural. Therefore, the elemental kept such feeling to himself for now.

"Just tell me what I need to do..."