Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Enter Sandman (Emeraldknight)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, January 12, 2018, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Wallace flinched, staggering backwards as Blood Diamond's hand shot towards him. "Ahh!" he yelped. "Watch it!" The necromancer suddenly blinked, covering his mouth. His eyes darted from side to side, scanning the area for anyone who may have heard him. "Shit! That was loud..."

After a few seconds, Wallace uncovered his mouth. "Man, we gotta be quiet." he whispered. "The town guard may still be on alert." He slowly began to walk down the road, beckoning for the mercenary to follow. "When we get there, I'll need you to keep watch while I make the zombies work. Is that ok?"

emeraldknight

Diamond gingerly began to follow along down the moonlit street, keeping his distance behind Wallace. He barely even registered what his ally had said, simply mumbling a quick "Yes", before continuing his wallow in the depths of his own shame. "I've done nothing but make a fool of myself all day!" As he continued to mentally assault himself, he didn't notice when they had to make a turn, and walked straight into a wooden gate. Barely preventing himself from crying out, he surveyed his surroundings and pressed on, now only more harshly critical of himself. At least Wallace would get his justice. Then the vigilante could leave and just pretend it never happened.

The pair soon began to close in on the site.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

The rest of the walk was uneventful, and Wallace took advantage of the silence to mentally prepare himself. It wasn't his powers that needed his focus- it was the possibility of failure. "The town hall needed a new roof after a tree fell on it, so even with a team of zombies that's a good five hours of work. We also need to take precautions so that the sound of hammering doesn't wake up the town. Hmm."

Finally, the building was in sight. Wallace's heart sank- the Mayor was standing guard outside the door. The necromancer ducked into the shadows, heart racing. "Damnit!" he whispered. "Now what do we do?"

emeraldknight

Blood Diamond became almost ecstatic at seeing the mayor up ahead. It wasn't that he wanted to fail or anything, but he now finally had a chance to prove himself. Motioning for Wallace to stay where he was, he maneuvered between a few buildings, making his way quickly through the narrow streets surrounding the Town Hall. It was only once he was behind the damaged building that he realized he had no idea how to distract the mayor. Diamond searched the street below him for something to use, and found a couple of small pebbles, quickly taking aim and throwing them around the corner of the Hall and into the mayor's head before retreating back into the shadows. His efforts proved fruitless, however, as the man simply grunted and remained standing. Searching at his feet once again, he repeated the process, and this time, the mayor looked to see where the rocks were coming from. As the vigilante ran away, however, the mayor once again went back to his place, mumbling to himself about "Disrespectful kids". Searching desperately for a new approach, he thought for a while, and then quietly slipped back to where he'd left Wallace.

"Right", he whispered. "After a careful survey of the area, I've figured out how to do this. However, I do request your assistance. I need to levitate."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Wallace watched silently as Blood Diamond attempted to distract the man, to no no avail. He sighed- the prospect of being seen as a hero had seemed to god to be true. The mercenary soon returned, and Wallace nodded silently at his request. "It will never work. It's hopeless." he thought privately. "But I think we're too far now to give up here."

Wallace concentrated, trying to give off as little necromantic energy as possible as his magic swept the surrounding area. Soon a faint crackling could be heard approacing them, and withing seconds Blood Diamond was lifted into the air by a black mass of dead insects. "Alright." he whispered. "You know how to control those? Or do you want me to steer?