Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Test Drive {SilverDragonsBlood}

Started by WallyD, January 22, 2018, 12:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Sammual stood calmly against the stone wall next to the Cleansed Quarters. He wasn't sure how he felt about another Cleansed. It had just been Sammual for as long as be could remember, he had gotten use to the empty rooms that surrounded him.

He gruntted. Sammual had caught a glimpse of the new guy before he went through the transformation. He looked, pressed. Those kind of people always got on his nerves. He didn't need another Aileen frolicking around.

Sammuals job is to take the guy out on a "test drive" as the Night Brother had put it. Sammual always enjoyed potty training the newbies but unfortunately for him, he's not allowed to kill other Cleansed members. Alright, Sammual thought looking up, here he comes.

Celegwen

Vuzlyn had been the suit for a demon for only a day and half now. The feeling was slightly exhilarating, almost as though he were being fueled by an ancient fire. It gave him a powerful energy that he didn't know was possible. Now the second Cleansed, he did have an element of arrogance that he would have to prove he deserved.

His task was to get used to the Wendigo, who was now pretty much driving his body. Already, Vuzlyn could feel the change in himself. He had an undying bloodlust, for one: the new markings all over his body, for another.

Today was going to be fun, though. He was to accompany the first Cleansed on a mission to test out his new abilities, and he could already tell that he was going to enjoy it. He had seen his new comrade before, before he became one with the Wendigo, but he hadn't truly interacted with him. Now was his chance.

He walked towards the other Cleansed confidently, a slight smirk on his lips. "Vuzlyn Gallaer," he said, approaching the man and bowing his head once respectfully. "The Night Brother instructed me to meet you here."

WallyD

Sammuel immediately felt his eye twitch. Just looking at the guy was enough to irritate him. Sammuel grunted and crossed his arms.

"I'm here just to keep an eye on you. This is our quarters. It includes bedrooms for all four Cleansed, a kitchen and den." He said and opened the door. The inside was a lot nicer than the rest of the cave, besides the Throne Room. A wooden table sat in the center with a red and tan rug underneath. A bowl and two coffee mugs sat empty on its surface.

"In here." Sammuel said, striding across the room and into another. This one looked less used. There was a couch and another table with a map on it. Sammuel walked over and pulled out a scroll. He laid it across the table, both hands on each side of the paper, his bald had glistened in the torch light.

"This is your test. See if you can keep yourself controlled. Failure to do this and you will be killed. There are other requirements for the mission. If you kill someone that you are not supposed to, you are killed. If you are caught, you are killed. If you kill me. You are killed. And I am Sammuel the Boogeyman. Any questions?"

Celegwen

He's friendly, Vuzlyn thought, raising his left brow and following Sammuel into their quarters. He looked around without really investing his energy into examining the space: there would be time for that later.

Sammuel laid out a scroll, and Vuzlyn took in the information with a blink. Some kind assassination at a party of a nobleman that betrayed the Creed.

When Sammuel finished the speech about guidelines that had to be followed, Vuzlyn looked at him. "Yes," he said. "Are you always this long-winded?" Knowing that his humor would not be appreciated, the elf immediately followed up with a legitimate question. "What kind of party is this? It seems quite high profile to kill a man in the middle of a large celebration. Do you have any other information?"

WallyD

"The party is a disguise for the blackmarket that takes place on the second floor." Sammuel said, as a low growl escaped his lips. "After this, our rabbit will go dark. It'll be harder to track him down and he's a liability. And I suggest you watch what you say. I still haven't decided if I should kill you yet." As he said that, the room darkened, making the torches flicker. Sammuel stood up and the light turned back to normal. "If you need anything, go get it now. I'll be at the Entrance."

Sammuel rolled up the scroll and placed it back where he originally got it from. He then picked up a sword that was against the wall. Sammuel started out and looked back at Vuzlyn. "Five minutes. Then I'm laving without you."

Celegwen

Black market, Vuzlyn thought to himself, watching Sammuel leave the room. That could be fun.

He disregarded the other man's comment about watching his mouth because his sarcasm wasn't something that would go away. Vuzlyn would've ignored the flickering torches, only he suddenly saw a figure in the corner of the room. It looked human enough, only with a gaunt appearance and decaying skin.

"What the hell..."

The figure smiled deviously, and something about it seemed familiar to the elf. He secured his sword to his belt and gave the figure another glance, before walking out and joining Sammuel at the entrance.

"Hey," he said quietly to the other Cleansed. "Who's that guy?" He subtly gestured to the figure that was walking about three steps behind him. Unfortunately for Vuzlyn, he was unaware that the figure following him was actually the demon in his mind.

WallyD

Sammuel took a quick look around the room and glared at Vuzlyn. There wasn't anything there, and even if there was someone, they wouldn't dare come in here unless they wished to die.

"I suggest you stop playing around. There is no other presence in the room." He said, his eye twitching again. This person is becoming more and more unbearable. This mission better be quick. "You better solve this quickly, I will not have you checking out while we're in the sea of unpure livestock."

Celegwen

Vuzlyn was confused by Sammuel's inability to see the figure. It was right there! He glanced back again to see the figure press its bony finger to its nearly nonexistent lips. "He can't see me," it hissed.

"Right," he said, turning back to Sammuel. "I'll be fine. Let's just get a move on."

The elf quickly figured out what it meant that Sammuel couldn't see the figure. He didn't know that signing on to be the wendigo's bodysuit meant having a demonic stalker to deal with.

WallyD

Sammul ignored Vuzlyn for the rest of the way. After leaving the cave, Sammul decided to take a shortcut through the woods, hoping to lose Vuzlyn. They dogged trees and crashed trough bushes. Any animals near by ran away, fearing the two demons roaming in it.

Finally, Sammul stopped at the edge, a somewhat wealthy town stood in front of him. The target was in there somewhere, but it'll be another hour until the party. Great. Sammul crossed his arms and turned back to woods. He knew that Vuzlyn was able to keep up, which was one of the many reasons Sammul is annoyed.

"Come here." Sammul barked, eye twitching.

Celegwen

"You know, you'd have more friends if you weren't so damn bossy," Vuzlyn said.

At that point, he was really just messing with Sammuel. Anyone who was wound as tight as that guy deserved to have his sides poked with a stick a few times.

He looked at the town, somehow annoyed by how nice it actually appeared to be. Stupid rich bastards, he thought to himself.

"They may be rich," the demon slurred, "but never assume they are stupid."

Vuzlyn rolled his eyes. He couldn't let on that his new 'friend' was bothering him because he actually did need Sammuel for this. As much as they didn't like each other, they were in it together. "So, you got a plan?"

Tags: