Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Return to Blood [M][DragonSong]

Started by Lowen Thorn, May 02, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

A continuation from Back here again

@DragonSong

Four long years.

It had been four years since the man had stepped foot into his homeland of Serendipity, but it had been four years since he had really stepped foot into the outside world.

It was a long journey from the Niahi to the colorful nation of mages, but they made it. Art Tur, a forsaken man long forgotten, and his new companion, Hana, the kitsune his alter egos met during their time away. He did not know too much about this woman, but he knew that she helped Lowen during his time of need, and that was enough.

Still, not knowing her, not really, he felt compelled to tell her about the events that inevietably led Lowen to her path. He told her everything. The party, the demonic possession, the murdering of his beloved wife Alys, the resistance, the struggle, when and why he ran away, and the birth of Lowen. The birth of a new personality that would let Art sit in the darkness alone, away from the heartbreak and torture of his reality. That, and Lowen's own developed alter-ego, Ipsen, who was merely the darker portion of Art's own mind - coming out in full-force anytime the world was too much for Lowen to bare.

They spent countless days, and countless hours on their travel, and he often wondered why Hana agreed to take him all the way back to Serendpity. But he was grateful, despite the grim in his heart as they neared.

And at long last, they had arrived.

Staring on the outskirts of the Northern mountains, Art turned his new companion with a weary, tired smile.

"We're finally here."

DragonSong

Hana traveled in her fox form, for the most part. It felt...safer. She was better prepared to defend herself and Art against attackers-- and it put a bit of distance between her and her companion.

She missed Lowen. She'd only known him a day, but she'd thought they'd bonded a bit. And she missed his companionship.

But Art was his own person, and she was determined to get to know him. So she listened as he spoke, suppressing any fear or disgust from his tale. It wasn't his fault, he'd been possessed.

She was more than a little tired by the time the mountains came into view, and melted back into her halfway form, nodding. "Yeah, here we are."

Lowen Thorn

"I don't think I can do this anymore," he said abruptly. "Why in the fuck did I think this was a good idea?"

He took a knee and ran his hands nervously through his hair. "Obviously it's too late now," he said through a sickly breath. "Darken Vei is just past these mountains. I implore you to join me before you head off, you will need your rest."

DragonSong

"Whoa, easy there." Hana knelt next to him, cautiously touching his shoulder. "Look, we'll take a breather, okay? Maybe camp for the night before we head out again."

Lowen Thorn

He sat there, eyes staring down into the dirt as he thought over her suggestion.

"That would probably be smart, wouldn't it?" he asked, sighing. "Yeah, lets. Good thing I have you here to keep me in line, though I'm still unsure as to why you came along on such a long journey."

DragonSong

She shrugged and smiled, grasping his shoulder for a moment before getting back to her feet. "How 'bout I look for some firewood, and you can set up camp?"

Lowen Thorn

"Right. I'll get to it."

They didn't bring much with them, but just enough for a night's rest each day that they traveled. As he saw the woman off to search for wood, he began removing their belongings from their bags. Food, quilts, and the materials to pitch an tent-like shelter that served more as a cover for the sun or the rain than it did any substantial refuge.

With tired bones and weary eyes, he got to work.

DragonSong

Hana transformed back into her fox form and bounded off into the trees just off the road to collect firewood.

She returned within an hour, a large bundle of sticks clamped in her jaws.

Lowen Thorn

"Welcome back," he called out as the woman approached, though his eyes were on an apple in his hand. "I was starting to worry."

Of course, he was only joking. In the time they had spent together, he learned that Hana was very capable of handling herself, more so than he was. "Do you want me to start the fire tonight, or would you like to do the honors?"

DragonSong

The fox rolled her eyes as she dropped the wood into a pile and shrank back into her halfling form. "Smartass," she chuckled, flicking a hand out and calling a burst of foxfire into existence to light the fire.

Lowen Thorn

Art chuckled openly, his eyes lighting up with the flames.

His eyes dropped back to the uneaten apple in his head, spinning it around with his wrist to glance glance over it. "I've always hated the way apples taste. Here," he said, tossing it over to her without warning.

DragonSong

Hana's hand shot out without really looking to catch the fruit. She tilted her head at him as she took a bite. "You sure you e got enough to eat?"

Lowen Thorn

"I'm not really hungry," he said, eyes continuing to watch the flames. "We have more food in the bags if I change my mind, but you should go ahead without me if you are ready to eat."

DragonSong

She frowned, taking another bite of the the apple. "You need to eat something, Art. Even just a little, to keep your strength up."

Lowen Thorn

He sighed in defeat. "I s'pose you are right," he said, getting to his feet. He moved over to their bags and began rifling through them a bit, not particularly satisfied with the fruits he put out for his companion. "What else do we have in here?"

DragonSong

"Should be some of the jerky provisions left over," Hana offered, sitting back and munching lazily at her apple.

Lowen Thorn

"Ah yes! Here they are!" he said excitedly as he found them. "Now we're talking."

He took a bite, and his eyes closed with satisfaction. "I'm still not hungry," he said while chewing his food, manners out the window by this point. "But this is good. Want some?"

Art was definitely not Lowen.

DragonSong

Hana rolled her eyes. "You need to eat," she repeated. "Even if you aren't hungry. Just a few more bites."

Gods, she felt like a mother.

Lowen Thorn

As almost to read her mind, he replied with a sassy "Yes Mom" and took another bite.

Once he was done, he let out a satisfied sigh and took a seat once more by the fire. "Once we get past the mountains and to Northwatch, we can pay a visit to my home," he said, eyes lost in the flames. "Or what is left of it anyway. It's been four years. Someone else may live there now and I wouldn't know."

DragonSong

The kitsune tilted her head. "Are you...planning to go back kinda permanently? Or did you just want to see it?"