Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Return to Blood [M][DragonSong]

Started by Lowen Thorn, May 02, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Art chuckled. He couldn't help himself.

"Sounds a lot like you and Lowen, does it not?"

DragonSong

Hana smiled almost wistfully and nodded with a little chuckle. "Yeah, I suppose that's why I felt so...drawn to him, I guess," she murmured. "Sort of a sense of kinship, maybe."

Lowen Thorn

"He felt the same about you, I can assure you. He thought you were pretty special," Art said softly, eyes on the fire. "Something about a... fox goddess?"

DragonSong

Hana blushed and laughed again quietly. "Yeah, he, uh, didn't know what I was, I think," she murmured. "I met him as a fox before I changed. Guess it threw him for s loop."

Lowen Thorn

"Sounds about right," he joined in on her laughter. "I wish I was that innocent."

He held his hand out to the dying flames and murmured a little spell under his breath. After the moment, the fire breathed new life, crackling with purpose as it provided them continuous light and warmth.

DragonSong

"I could've done that," Hana protested mildly, frowning. "You shouldn't exert yourself too much. I'm not mortal, remember? You've gotta keep your strength up."

Lowen Thorn

"I don't mind," he replied cheekily. "It's been a long time since I've used any spells, mind you. It's good practice for me to get back into the swing of things."

DragonSong

"Fair enough," she chuckled quietly. "I didn't know you were a mage," she added after a moment. "I mean, trained. Did you study somewhere?"

Lowen Thorn

"Not really," he said with a slight boost of morale at her discovery. "My family never had enough money to pay for proper training, but we've all been self-trained for as long as I can remember. My father began teaching me.. before he died, that is."

He smiled again, glancing over the hand he used to refresh the fire. "I've had a lot of practice since then."

DragonSong

"I'm sorry," she murmured. "How long— I mean, what happened to him? Is your mother...still around?"

Lowen Thorn

"No, they are both gone," he said absolutely. "And that is quite alright. Nothing too dramatic, it was just there time. They both had me a little later than most couples do, and they were not in the best health."

He stopped, contemplating. "And you? You don't know your real parents, do you? Just Tobin?"

DragonSong

"Just Tobin," Hana confirmed. "I...don't really remember much before him. I was little, I don't know what happened..."

Lowen Thorn

"Well, looks like you turned out alright," he noted. "Do you ever wonder? About your parents, I mean."

DragonSong

She nodded slowly. "Sometimes. I remember bits and pieces, but nothing substantial. I wonder if they're still out there-- if they miss me if they are..."

She shook her head abruptly and smiled at him. "But I have Tobin, and that's enough."

Lowen Thorn

"Right, you have Tobin," Art concurred. "So no sense dwelling in the past, right? Well, I wish I could be more like that, at least."

Art paused for a moment before speaking again. "But... if they are out there somewhere. I'm sure would be very proud."

DragonSong

Hana flushed slightly and smiled at the ground. "Thanks," she murmured, uncharacteristically bashful.

She hesitated a moment, then continued, "I think...I think they're dead. I don't remember much, but..."

She closed her eyes, brow furrowed, and shook her head. "I think something bad happened."

Lowen Thorn

"Bad?"

Art's interest peaked. He had a hard time getting anything out of Hana through the entirety of their trip, and it almost sounded like she was about to open up. Almost.

"What do you think happened?"

DragonSong

She stared into their camp fire for a long moment before responding, "I remember fire. And screaming. That's about it."

She shrugged and shook her head. "No good dwelling on it. I guess I was too young to really remember anything."

Lowen Thorn

Fire and screaming? Well, that didn't sound any better than his own history.

"If I were you, I wouldn't want to know," he admitted honestly. "Thank the gods for Tobin."

DragonSong

Hana nodded in agreement, still staring into the flickering campfire. "You really should try to get some more sleep," she murmured after a few moments. "You'll be exhausted tomorrow."