Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Return to Blood [M][DragonSong]

Started by Lowen Thorn, May 02, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Getting dressed, or dressed enough to go to sleep in, he slipped back into the bed next to her. "I'm sure it was nothing," he said one more time, sensing her worries. "And to be fair, you can make your own decisions. Despite the past, these people expect to look up to you. I don't think they'll crucify you for.. well, you know."

He was definitely blushing now with a silly smile etched across his face. "Just don't let them crucify me," he teased, but not really.

DragonSong

Hana chuckled quietly herself and curled toward him slightly. Two of her tails wrapped around to lay over his hip and she let her hand come to rest on his upper arm. "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

Her tone was light and playful, but with an undercurrent of sincerity to it.

Lowen Thorn

He let his head fall back and his eyes close. "You're so sweet, Hana," he admitted happily. "Thank you.. for everything. Really."

He felt amazing - a brand new man, and he had worked himself up enough to where sleep was now drifting ashore quicker than expected. He let his head lean on top of hers with utter content, his hand find hers for him to wrap his fingers into, and his breathing settle.

DragonSong

The kitsune laughed softly again and twined her legs through his, head tucked up under his chin as they drifted off. "You don't have to thank me for that, Art..."

She was asleep fairly quickly, and so deeply that just about nothing could rouse her, not for a good while.

Lowen Thorn

Art didn't know what he looked like while he was sleeping, what facial expressions he was making, but he assumed that night he would have a big goofy grin plastered on his face. He faded to sleep along with her, and he slept hard.

DragonSong

They were woken again by a sharp knock on the thin door the next morning, jolting Hana awake quickly.

"My lady, you presence is requested in the courtyard," Iya called through the door.

Raising a hand to muffle a yawn, Hana managed to slur back something along the lines of "Be right there!" before slumping back onto the mattress and turning her face into the pillow with a groan.

Lowen Thorn

Art squinted his eyes open as if the sunlight was pouring into their room. That was the best night's sleep he had in a long time. He rolled over onto his side, Hana's face buried into a pillow, and smiled lightly. "My lady, your presence is also requested right here."

DragonSong

Hana gave a noise that was half-laugh, half-groan and swatted at him blindly. "Don't tempt me," she sighed, rolling onto her back to glare balefully up at the ceiling. "I really should go, I shouldn't keep her waiting..."

She had no doubt that particular "request" came from her aunt.

And she still didn't really know what she was going to say to her. She had to say something!

Lowen Thorn

Art sensed her concerns and cupped her cheek in his hand. "Yeah, you need to," he doubled down. "I know you don't want to. I know you're not sure what to say, what to do, but.. Well, we'll just figure that out as we go along. Together."

He sat at the edge of the bed and began fetching more suitable clothes to wear in public from his bag. "I'll go with you."

DragonSong

Hana groaned, burrowing a little further into her pillow for a moment. The she sighed and sat up, ears flickering back and forth in an attempt to free themselves from her pillow hair. She arched her back in a long stretch before bothering to look for her clothes.

"You don't have to do that," she told Art quietly as she fetched her kimono and started dressing. "I don't want to put you in that situation."

Lowen Thorn

"I really don't mind," he said quickly, nearly overlapping her protest.

He was dressed now down to his boots, and he walked quietly over to the woman. He gave her a look up and down, smoothed strands of wild hair, and gave her an approving nod. "You look great. You're going to do great, and I am going to be right there with you."

DragonSong

She huffed out a breath and summoned up a small smile for him, murmuring, "Thanks..."

Once she was fully dressed, she straightened her clothes a bit and tried to run her fingers through her hair to at least give it the semblance of having been brushed.

"Right." She took a breath and started for the door, glancing back at him over her shoulder. "Ready?"

Lowen Thorn

He was as ready as he was going to be. Today should prove interesting, especially if last night was the relief and confidence they both needed to address the issues with Tsukihana head on. "Yeah," he shot her a reassuring smile. "I'll be right behind you."

DragonSong

"Thanks." She smiled, turned toward the door, then hesitated.

Rather abruptly, she turned back to him and cupped his face between her palms, drawing him into a sweet, passionate kiss that did not last nearly as long as she wanted it to. She was just a bit flushed when she pulled away and smiled at him crookedly.

"For luck."

Without another word, she opened the door and started making her way to the courtyard.

Lowen Thorn

He accepted the kiss graciously, and kissed back, letting his eyes close for the brief moment it lasted. He remained in the room for a short moment after she made her way out of it, trying to let his smile from obvious reasons calm, and his face lose a bit of red. "Must be my lucky day," he whispered to himself before setting out to follow her.

DragonSong

While most of the layout of the temple was still a mystery to Hana, after the last few days she could at least make her way to the courtyard unaided.

Tsukihana was waiting when she reached it, and she turned toward the door to the inner temple when she heard Hana's footsteps. For a moment her expression was simply impassive--then she caught sight of Art behind her and her lip curled in distaste.

"I asked to see you, Hanako," she said coolly.

Hana felt herself already beginning to shrink back, but she forced her chin up and narrowed her eyes. "I know. But I think we need to have a talk, Aunt."

Lowen Thorn

Art's heart sank to the pit of his stomach with Tsukihana glared at him. Something ticked away at him that maybe, just maybe, she did hear them last night... or maybe he was just being paranoid.

He tried not to show any type of reaction to her obvious distaste, eyes mostly at Hana's back for silent support.

DragonSong

"A talk, is it?"

Tsukihana was seething. She could hear it in her voice. Hana swallowed thickly, but forced herself to stand her ground.

"Yes," she replied. "I--I know something's going on. Something you're not telling me, about...my family. About where I came from."

"About your father," the older kitsune cut in. Hana blinked at her, not having expected her to just...come out and say it.

"Er, yes," she scrambled. "A-about him."

Tsukihana flicked her eyes over her shoulder to Art again. "...I will speak no more of this in his presence."

Hana's jaw actually dropped. "Are you serious? You can't just--"

With a low snarl, her aunt turned on her, hand snapping out to close around her throat before Hana even fully registered the movement. Her eyes widened as she felt claws pricking against her skin and she grabbed for the older woman's wrist, trying to yank her off.

She couldn't move her. It suddenly struck her that when they'd scuffled and postured back in Art's old house, Tsukihana had been using a fraction of her full strength. If she wanted, this woman could crush her in one hand.

"I have tolerated your insubordination long enough, niece," the clan leader growled. "Do not test my patience further."

Lowen Thorn

"Get off of her!"

For most of the interaction, Art was too stunned by Tsukihana's less-than-subtle behavioral shift, remaining frozen in place and in silence. That was until she grabbed Hana by the throat. He kissed, eyes narrowed, and charged at the older kitsune.

DragonSong

"Art, don't--" Hana tried to choke out before she was tossed aside and her aunt turned on the human, growling.

Staggering as she attempted to keep her balance, Hana just barely managed to throw herself forward and wrap an arm around Art's chest, digging her heels into the ground in an effort to hold him back.

"Stop, just stop," she pleaded--though whether she was really talking to him or to her aunt, she wasn't sure.