Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Return to Blood [M][DragonSong]

Started by Lowen Thorn, May 02, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

She was right. He could feel himself drifting again.

"I s'pose you are right," he said through a yawn. "I'll give it another go, if you don't mind. But wake me if anything happens."

DragonSong

She smiled and nodded. "Of course. Go on now, get some rest." She shooed him back toward the tent with a wave of her hand.

Lowen Thorn

Art tossed her a wry smile before making his way back to the tent. He made himself comfortable and shut his eyes, and before long slipped into unconsciousness. He slept lightly throughout the night, but at least he slept.

DragonSong

Hana stayed on guard through the night, but nothing eventful seemed to happen.

Lowen Thorn

Art tossed and turn for most of the night, though unaware, as he had the dream he always had: reliving that night over and over again in his head. The dream was always the same. He watched as he and Alys entered the home, and watched the tragic events that led to her slaughter. The only difference was he saw it through the demon who possessed him's eyes - and he could feel him. He could feel his greed, his anger, his emptiness.

It was a terrible feeling. There was a twisted feeling of happiness as Art buried his dagger into his beloved's chest - one that was not his but that he very much felt inside of him.

And there never anything he could do, no other outcome, that could have prevented it.

"Alys!" Art yelled as he shot up from his sleep, drenched in a cold sweat. His chest moved in and out heavily as he came back to his senses.

It was morning.

DragonSong

Hana heard her companion shifting in the night, sleep restless. She watched the tent with a soft whuff of concern, debating. Eventually, she slipped inside, curling her massive body around Art's in an attempt at some form of comfort.

It didn't seem to help much, though at least he slept through the night. When he bolted awake near dawn, she jerked her head up and pinned her ears back, whining softly.

Unsure what else to do, the kitsune pressed her muzzle forward against his shoulder, rumbling softly.

Lowen Thorn

It didn't take the man to calm down from the repeat nightmare, and soon enough he was rubbing at his eyes and yawning into the new day. Once his vision adjusted to the light, he looked over to see Hana.

"Oh, Hana," he said quietly, eyes soft. "How did you sleep?"

DragonSong

She turned slightly to look at the entrance of the tent, then glanced back to him. "I didn't, really. I was trying to keep watch," she replied softly.

Lowen Thorn

"Well, shit. I'm sorry," he said in a mildly worried tone. "Are you going to have enough strength to make it to the mountains?"

DragonSong

Hana laughed and shook her head at him. "Not mortal, remember? I'll be fine," she assured, crimson eyes soft. She got to her paws and shook herself, tails whipping back and forth. "Come on, we should get moving."

Lowen Thorn

"Oh yeah. Right."

Hana wasn't the first kitsune Art had ever met, but she was definitely the one long enough for him to learn anything about, and her utter strength and commitment to something made him feel like a little kid in comparison. He was still exhausted.

"I'll start packing up the tent, then."

DragonSong

She nodded briefly, slipping back out into the open air. "I'll take care of the rest of camp."

Lowen Thorn

It didn't take long for Art to disassemble their tent and pack it into it's appropriate bags. When he was done, he slugged that bag, and his own with the few belongings and food he had, over his shoulders and went to Hana.

"Ready whenever you are," he said. "It's not as bad as it looks, especially after the trip here. We'll be in the city in no time."

DragonSong

Hana nodded, finishing up dampening their campfire, and collected her own pack, shifting to her human form as she did. "Alright, I suppose you should take the lead then," she said with a quick little smile.

Lowen Thorn

"Follow me!" he replied almost heartily. "Adventure calls our name!"

The second bit was him being a smartass, as he often did. However, soon enough they were walking through an open path and into the mountainous terrain.

DragonSong

She chuckled and rolled her eyes as she hefted her pack and trotted after him.

"You know, this might actually go faster if you rode me," she noted after a few moments of walking.

Lowen Thorn

Art cocked a brow and continued to walk. "Well, you know. Lowen may have had a little thing for you, but I-"

He stopped, hoping his response was quiet enough to go mostly unnoticed. Clearly that's not what she meant. "Do you have the strength for that?"

DragonSong

If Hana's ears had been volpine, they would have twitched. She blushed a bit and glowered at him. "That is not what I meant," she grumbled. "And yes, I do. Don't worry about it."

Lowen Thorn

"Well, if you insist," he said after very little thought. "You won't... toss me off, will you?"

DragonSong

The kitsune rolled her eyes and gave him a rather droll look. "Not unless you give me a reason to," she replied wryly. "Here, take this."

She handed her pack over to him so she could change her shape, backing up a few paces to get room.