Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Marissa Wagner, Tabloid Journalist

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, July 08, 2019, 11:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Have in-character gossip you'd like Marissa to write about? Shoot a PM my way and I'll try to work it into her next article!

_______QUICK STATS
Name: Marissa Wagner
Species: Human
Ethnicity: Serenian
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 191 lbs.
Occupation: Owner and Editor-In-Chief of The Maestoso Manifesto
Residence: Maestoso, Tirial
Favorite Food: Red Wine
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Art by me!
Character Theme:
I'll Stick Around

_______IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description:
Marissa Wagner is a short, plump woman with an uncanny resemblance to a tropical bird. Her curly hair is neon violet in color, and her nose is long and beaky. She typically wears very colorful dresses that tend to look a bit gaudy.

Personality:
Marissa is a duplicitous vulture of a woman, always on the lookout for her next big scoop. "Razor-sharp" doesn't even begin to describe her wit- if one were to somehow forge a blade from it, the resulting weapon would be sought after by warriors the world over. While she's amiamble enough in her private life, it's not hard to figure out that the persona she puts on in her writing is who Marissa wants to be.

Marissa is the owner and editor in chief of The Maestoso Manifesto, a gossip rag based out of Tirial. While it's primary focus is on drama and scandals, it will occasionally publishes insightful news articles and op-eds written by guest authors. While her main readerbase is in Serendipity, imported copies of The Manifesto also sell surprisingly well in Adela for some reason...

Relationships:
Marissa has friends throughout Tirial, as well as connections to influential people across Serendipity.

Magic/Abilities:
Marissa is a talented writer and shrewd businesswoman, having sucessfully started up her own weekly newsletter from virtually nothing.

Marissa owns a Dupliquill! If she underlines writing with it, she can instantly copy it onto another sheet of paper by tapping it with the feathered end.

History:
There isn't much to say about Marissa's early years- though it should be noted that her grandparents were lower nobles who were disgraced after having a money-laundering scheme exposed.

The initial idea for her newsletter came from- of all things- a handwritten menu of a local restaurant. It was difficult getting Tirians to accept a source of gossip that wasn't verbal- Marissa intially had to do public readings of The Manifesto and have an associate sell the paper to those who wanted to read along- but she eventually carved enough of a niche for herself that people were willing to accept it. While still not as popular as the more traditional means of spreading gossip, The Manifesto has earned enough money for Marissa to live comfortably...

_______THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads:

Complete Threads: