Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Call to the Fold

Started by DragonSong, July 09, 2019, 07:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"I never said I was going back on the deal," Cassian replied slowly, desperately trying to work out how to talk to this person. The usual cues he'd come to expect from a conversation were clearly not working here. "Just...lighten up on the touching, a bit?" he tried, sounding rather resigned.

SanctifiedSavage

The blight vampire studied Cassian when he was quick to amend what he'd said. His golden eyes narrowed while he processed the... request. It had been the touching? The smile returned, as did the soft laugh. "That upsets you?" He shook his head a little and turned fully from the odd little vampire. "I had no idea that... vampire... from this place could be so easily put off. I'm not sure I want to spend so much time around someone so... jumpy."

As curious and interesting as Cassian had been, Nezhit'yu didn't want to play a guessing game as to whether or not he was accidentally insulting or upsetting the boy.

DragonSong

Cassain narrowed his eyes. "Oi. I dunno where you're from that everyone thinks it's okay to just go around getting all handsy with people, but I'm not particularly keen on it."

Calm down. If you piss him off he won't come, and then you'll have to answer to Mother, the logical part of his brain urged.

With a sigh, he lifted a hand to rub at his temple and muttered, "Look, just... You caught me off guard. In future, if you're going to do something like that, I'd appreciate it if you'd ask first. Or at least warn me."

@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

Nezhit'yu smiled just a little. Handsy. How sweet. How innocent. "You think that was handly?" he asked softly, golden gaze holding Cassian's a moment. The blight vampire had been around for a very long time and that wasn't what he would consider handsy.

"Are all vampire as innocent as you are, here?" It was meant to be teasing. Obviously Nezhit'yu didn't think that. He shifted his stance to face the other vampire, though he'd not moved closer. "Ask? I suppose I could if you're so afraid of being touched."

DragonSong

"I'm not afraid," Cassian replied sharply, even as he took a step back. Narrowing his eyes, he added almost petulantly, "And I'm not a vampire, either."

Not fully, at any rate. Maybe a small detail, considering the context, but he was a stickler about it.

"Alright, can you just--are you coming or not?" he sighed after a moment longer of warily staring at Nezhit'yu. Raising one hand and placing the other on his heart, he added with perhaps a hint or annoyance, "I'll act as your guide for the Council, once we reach it. Really, I will. Just... Are we going?"

@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

Nezhit'yu continued to what the other self-proclaimed not vampire. Considering for a long moment whether he should bother or not. It wasn't like he had a lot going on, anyway. He had just been lazing on the rooftop.

After a particularly awkward pause – or likely awkward for Cassian – Nezhit'yu nodded a little. "Sure. I'll stay with you through this whole Council mess. How are you intending us to get there?" He looked pointedly at the bird-thing behind him. Clearly not thrilled about the idea of being on it.

DragonSong

Cassian followed his gaze toward Snowcall. He frowned, looking back to the other vampire. "Ah--unless you've got a better way of traveling a couple hundred miles as quickly as possible, we're going on the gryphon," he replied with a jerk of his thumb over his shoulder to the animal.

Snowcall clucked and fluffed his feathers, agitated. Evidently he was no more thrilled with the prospect than Nezhit'yu.

@SanctifiedSavage

SanctifiedSavage

"As quickly as possible?" Nezhit'yu repeated, a little dumbfounded. Was there something so pressing? He literally had all the time in the world. It wasn't like time was a problem for him. He watched the other for another awkwardly long pause before he shook his head a little. "Is there a rush? Do you age and die?" It might've sounded a tad flippant, but he'd not meant it as such. More idle curiosity.

DragonSong

"Ah--Yes and yes?" Cass blinked at him. "Yes there's a rush, and yes I will age and die. Eventually. Long time from now. Hopefully. But that's not the rush."

He huffed out a sharp exhale and folded his arms, glancing back at Snowcall again before looking to Nezhit'yu. "Do you...need some help mounting or something?" he tried, gesturing to the griffin vaguely.

Snowcall cawed sharply and cocked his head to the side, bright eyes narrowing slightly as he looked the other vampire up and down.

@SanctifiedSavage