Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unchained [M] [SanctifiedSavage]

Started by Lowen Thorn, July 09, 2019, 07:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Amaya could count the number of times he had rode a horse on one hand, yet he still somehow managed to do quite fairly on one. The hooves thundered the ground below them, the wind whipped violently around them, and the bounty hunter hung on for dear life - something he hoped the women behind him were also doing.

Inaya said.. something. He really couldn't be sure, but he figured it was more complaining. For the only article of clothing she had left being his shirt, she sure did complain an awful lot about him.

"You say something?!"

SanctifiedSavage

She just... hung on. He was going to keep going, likely whether she fell of the damn horse or not. If she wasn't terrified of doing so, it might've been easier to just roll off. Instead, she hung on for dear life.

As did Eimee.

Did Amaya really think that they could catch Nicholas? She had no idea. Really, she didn't care.

She was out of that damn place. The rest be damned.

Lowen Thorn

The horse kept her momentum going until it absolutely couldn't. After what felt like a lifetime on that horse, she came to an abrupt stop that almost slung all three of them off of her back. Amaya was almost ready to give the horse another kick when he saw why she stopped.

The old stone walls that surrounded them on the dirt path were now blocked by an old stone wall in front of them, accompanied by another ladder in which the only direction was up. Great. Just where the fuck were they now?

He slid off of the steed, helped Eimee off, and offered Inaya a hand. "Come on, pretty lady," he said. "Off you go."

SanctifiedSavage

The ride was not a pleasant one. Especially in the way she'd rode the hose. She was fairly certain her ribs and hips were bruised. More annoyed than anything, she slid off the horse. Not necessarily ignoring Amaya, more that it was just easier than taking his hand.

She sat down immediately.

Eimee moved to sit with her.

"Well. This is a surprise. Where are we?" She looked around. Where the other guards, Nicholas, and the horses could've possibly gone... Unless there had been a secret way along the path they'd missed...

Lowen Thorn

Amaya threw up his arms in defeat and sat with them. He leaned up against one of the walls, pulled a knee to his chest, and let the other leg extend into the dirt they sat on. "I get that," he said, pointing above them to where the ladder lead. "But where the fuck did the horses go? Did we pass them? I don't remember that at all."

This job could have gone so much smoother if he hadn't met Inaya. That's what he told himself, though it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

He cursed under his breath. "We're not going to catch him today," he murmured, mostly for himself than the others. "May as well camp out here for the evening."

SanctifiedSavage

Sleep sounded absolutely heavenly. Not expressly camping out on what was a well known escape path but...  A nap might do them some good. She let out a long sigh before nodding a little. "You two rest up some, I'll keep an eye out." They could trade off, then. No way was she going to have everyone sleep at once. Not here.

Eimee leaned against the wall before invariably sliding onto her side, curling up so she could sleep. Inaya didn't think the girl would, but it was just breaths later that she was out. Likely catching whatever rest she could, when it was possible. Her features soften a little and she lightly touched the girl's calf. At least, if nothing else, they'd managed to save her.

Lowen Thorn

I'll keep an eye out.

As if, he thought. They couldn't stay there long enough for them both to have enough time to sleep. That's what he initially thought, at least. Maybe they could. Maybe none of the other guards knew anything about this place. Even if they did, a horse can run a hell of a lot faster than armor-clad soldiers.

Still, he played along. He didn't really any say anything, just stretched out on the ground, on his back, and let his eyes close.

It was about five minutes into that when he gave up. Sitting up, he looked over to Inaya. "How you holding up?" he whispered. "Need to take a load off?"

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a bag and some thin papers. The smell of fresh tobacco was evident as soon as he opened it, and before long he had it rolled both delicately and tightly into the papers. With a spark of magic in his fingertips, he lit the end and let the smoke, both smooth and harsh, flood into his lungs.

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya eyed Amaya when he laid down. It didn't bother her at all. If she was being honest, she likely owed him. She idly picked through her long hair and made a face. It'd become matted, tangled, it smelled... All of her did, really. Inaya was just a mess. Torn shirt, no pants... The day had started out bad and had just gotten progressively worse.

When Amaya sat up, she was picking through the knots in her hair. She shook her head a little without actually looking at him. "I'm not sure I can sleep feeling as disgusting as I do. Siting is nice enough, I suppose." All things considering, given her lack of... well, pants. Lace panties were not the most comfortable on the dirt and stone path. Not that she'd complain. There were worse things she could be doing right now.

She did glance his way when the acrid smoke reached her nose, but given all the other awful smells lingering in the air, she didn't say anything.

Lowen Thorn

Amaya shrugged and continued to puff his tobacco. It was only after a minute or two of silence between them before he rubbed out the embers on the dirt, leaving him half of what he started with, and slipped it back into his pants pocket.

"Can't beat it," he said mostly to himself. He looked down the path they had come from, and then around at his "companions." Eimee was asleep, Inaya looked to be looking after her like a mother would her cub, and the horse was now side-sleeping much like a barn dog would after a day of hard work. What a team he found himself in, he thought. He really hated working in a team.

He stood, and walked, but didn't get too far, as he stopped just next to Inaya and took a seat directly next to her. "What a mess," he said with a heavy breath. "Not sure what leads up this ladder, but I'm going to assume somewhere in town at this point. But... given that horses can't fly, as far as I know, I'm getting the feeling we may have missed something on the way here."

He was practically thinking aloud, not really aiming his conversation to her, but he felt the need to at least sit beside her. In their rag-tag team of four, she was his right-hand man.

"You smell wonderful," he lied.

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya did track his path when he walked, glancing up at him between the mess that was her long hair. Idly paying him mind so he didn't just vanish. Not... because she cared or anything.

"I'm sure we missed something in the crazy dash on the horse," she said, shrugging a shoulder. "We could just... go up the ladder. Into town. Get a bath..." She laughed, humorless and brief, when he said she smelled wonderful. "None of us do. We all look awful and I would really like to find something more to wear than your torn shirt..." Inaya wasn't exactly shy and she didn't feel a sense of shame about how she looked, but it was rather impractical to run about in panties and a torn shirt.  "And a bath. I really want a bath..." she murmured under her breath, picking at the mess that was her hair.

With a huff, she glanced his way. "You found this... Nicholas guy once. I'm sure you can again."

Lowen Thorn

Amaya smirked, not returning her gaze but instead looking aimlessly in front of him with tired eyes. "Oh, I think you look great," he replied in a voice that was neither lying or truthful. "So, up the ladder we go then. Get a bath, get a fresh clothes on, and then we part ways."

Obviously they would part ways. He still had a job to do, and he intended on finishing it. Even though, and he would never want to admit it, the thought of letting Inaya and Eimee loose on their own worried him a bit. Just because they were free now, didn't mean they were completely out of the woods.

"What about you, freedom fighter?" he asked. "Got a plan once you see daylight again?"

SanctifiedSavage

She narrowed her eyes his way when he said she looked great, but he didn't look at her so the effect was lost. It was hard to tell if he was trying to bait her again, so she chose to ignore it. Having their next steps said so finally, though...

"Well, a proper end to a terrible adventure," she remarked, huffing and giving up on her hair. She needed water and soap. Lots of both. Inaya leaned back against the stone and closed her eyes. "I honestly have no idea. I've been so focused on getting out – something I didn't think was really going to happen – that I haven't given much thought to 'what next'. Probably find Eimee a place to stay that isn't a brothel." She cracked one eye open to look at him. "How will you find Nicholas?" A part of her did want him to catch the guy. He was a part of the whole monstrous trade, after all.

Lowen Thorn

Amaya shrugged. "Not sure, but I will," he said, his voice a little hoarse. "I've handled much, much worse."

He let his body slump further down the wall his back rested on, and eventually let his head fall onto her lap. Probably not the wisest move on his part, giving her growing distaste for him, but he really didn't care. Her legs were soft, and he needed to rest for a moment. He wouldn't be able to sleep, but at least he could close his eyes for the moment. "I'll give it about an hour," he said, eyes now closed. "Then we gotta move."

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya chewed on her lower lip when he mentioned he wasn't sure. It didn't exactly sit well. Either because that meant Nicholas was just... running around, and he knew what she looked like... or because she felt like she owed it to Amaya. Whatever the reason. Did it really matter?

She watched him slump and smiled, just a little, when he 'fell' over and pillowed his head on her thighs. Unaware she was smiling. "An hour sounds acceptable," she answered, voice softer since it seemed he was either trying to go to sleep or at least trying to relax. He was close enough she didn't need to talk at normal volume. Idly, one of her hands combed through his hair – it was far easier to do than with her own – while she relaxed back against the wall with her eyes closed. Not intending to fall asleep. Just rest.

Except she did doze a little. It'd been such a rush of a day, and she'd fought a handful of guards certainly bigger – and stronger – than she was. Finally getting a 'pause', the adrenaline left her, leaving her feeling tired.

Lowen Thorn

"That feels nice."

Her fingers in his hair left little tingles here and there, trickling down and circulating his shoulders. He hadn't had anyone play with his hair for a long time, he thought, and it was always better after a long day.

He didn't mean to sleep. He really didn't. He was going to give it an hour and get the team up and moving, but as his breathing began to steady, he let sleep take him. He would remain still, soft breathing, puddled into her lap until she woke up.

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya wasn't entirely sure how long she dozed. It was rather difficult to tell time where they were, but it was her stiff back that woke her. She untangled her fingers from Amaya's hair and stretched, yawning as she did. She didn't exactly feel rested, but she didn't feel like she'd been ran ragged either. After a moment, she stretched her legs and said, "We should get going. I really want that bad now..."

Eimee woke easily enough, startling some until she realized where, and who, she was with.

Lowen Thorn

"Ah, fuck. I fell asleep."

Amaya rolled off of her lap and sat up. His head was still in the temporary haze that results from being unexpectedly woken up from an equally unexpected nap. He didn't want to fall asleep, but he did, and then he didn't want to be woken up. He was having such a nice dream.

Back on his feet, the first thing he did was saw to the horse. Giving her a quick pet, he whispered something along the lines of Good Girl and gave her an encouraging pat to get her back on her way toward the courtyard.

"Right, let's get moving," he said as the horse left their sight. "One leg at a time ladies."

SanctifiedSavage

Well, Amaya moved quick once he was awake. Inaya envied that. She yawned again, stretched once more, and only then did she stand. Eimee mirrored her, yawning several more times.

As the horse lazily plodded off, Inaya turned her attention to the ladder. She sighed a little and opted to go first. Made sense. Put Eimee in the middle, let Amaya bring up the rear. It was a sturdy enough thing, as far as ladders went, though it got significantly darker the closer she got to the cover.

Inaya hooked one arm around a wrung then pushed at the cover with the other arm. And pushed. Then tried to push again. Her face flushed with embarrassment and frustration when she realized the damn metal cover was too heavy for her to move.

"Ah... Amaya..."

Lowen Thorn

Amaya's lips curled into a satisfied smile. She needed his help. He loved it when she needed his help. "Coming, princess," he teased, his voice smug enough to exhaust their air supply.

Of course, there was the certain matter as to how he would get up there to help. He couldn't very well climb over both of them, and they were too far up to climb back down and reorder themselves. He gripped the side of the ladder railing and gave it a shake to see just how sturdy it was. Sturdy enough, he thought.

He swung around to the side of the ladder and held on for dear life. "Climb back down a bit for me," he instructed Eimee, and she followed. He did not give Inaya the chance to do the same. Once Eimee was well under where his feet would be, he swung back on to the ladder and began to climb.

"Excuse me," he said as his feet were placed firmly on the step below hers, hands on the bar hers was one, and body pressed against hers more snug than she was probably ready for.

He gave it a push and it started to give way, but one handed was proving a little difficult even for him. "On my count," he said, his chin resting atop her head. "One. Two. Three."

SanctifiedSavage

She wasn't happy she needed his help. Inaya continued to shove futilely at the cover, hoping that maybe... just maybe... she'd get it to move while she heard Eimee and Amaya move beneath her. He was going to be so smug after this...

Inaya was not ready for how close he was. She'd been about to get out of the way, too, when he was suddenly there. Pressing her between the bars and, well, him. Her face heated up and she froze, stiffly, in place as her thoughts promptly scattered in all manner of directions. Nevermind she was barely wearing anything. Nevermind she had no pants. Nevermind any of that.

Focus.

Right. The cover.

Inaya cleared her throat and didn't have to look at him at all since his chin was on her head. She did use both hands, probably relying far too much on him to hold her in place while she helped push. Just push the damn cover and get out...

Which she did. As soon as it was shoved enough and the evening moonlight cut through, she quickly crawled away from him. Too close. Way too close.

Inaya crawled up and out into what looked like a side street, crammed between two stucco buildings. A main street was one way, and darker alleyways were behind her.