Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unchained [M] [SanctifiedSavage]

Started by Lowen Thorn, July 09, 2019, 07:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Amaya nearly fell backwards when the woman scampered away from him, but managed to grab the top of the ladder before doing so. "Geeeeeez. Can you believe that?" he asked, peering down at Eimee below him. "I was just trying to help."

He soon joined Inaya in the alley, and pulled Eimee up with them right after. He would have appreciated the fresh air, but the smell of old and fresh shit was still potent on their clothing. Still, it was good to be on the outside again.

"Think you two will be alright hiding out here for a while?" he asked, though he didn't technically mean right there precisely. Just out of the spotlight. "We need new clothes and, somehow or another, I'm the most inconspicuous person here."

Saying that, he couldn't help take notice of Inaya's lack of clothing. Again.

SanctifiedSavage

Eimee smiled up at him when he asked her the seemingly rhetorical question, though thanked him quietly when he helped her out.

Inaya didn't exactly like that he was right. She was pointedly not looking at him while the blush left her face, crossing her arms so the torn shirt at least covered her more than it had before. But, Amaya was the one least likely to draw attention. Shirtless, though smelling like shit, he'd likely draw some frowns. Inaya pantsless and Eimee in nothing but a thin robe... Well, a strong breeze was going to draw quite the eye to both of them.

Not the attention either woman wanted.

That did mean she had to trust he'd come back. Inaya didn't want to admit there was a small part of her that was afraid he wouldn't. Amaya had come this far with them... Surely he wouldn't just leave the two of them in the alley...

And if he did, Inaya would figure it out.

Resolved, she glanced his way and nodded once. "We'll wait for you." Not the whole night, but she'd wait.

Lowen Thorn

It took about Amaya nearly an hour to get back to the two, which was about a half-hour longer than he anticipated it would. Still, he came back, as he always intended to. Sure, he got some looks during his time in town, but that was pretty custom. Amaya stuck out like a sore thumb anyway he went, so still being the least inconspicuous of the former party-of-four/now party-of-three was all the more miraculous.

When he returned to the two women, he was already in his change of clothes. Nothing fancy, but just enough for him to not look completely homeless. A shirt much like the one he gave to Inaya, pants that weren't torn, and the same boots he had own before.

"There you are," he said, grinning from ear to ear when he spotted them. "Sorry. I only had enough on me for two people."

He was referring to the new clothes on his back, and the dress he offered up to Eimee. Instead of anything new and appropriate, he handed Inaya what looked to be an outfit that a male squire would wear outside of the armor. "Had to borrow this one."

Hey. At least it was something.

SanctifiedSavage

It felt like a long time before Amaya returned. Inaya watched the sky and swore to herself that if it turned morning, they'd go. Half convinced that he had left them in the alley alone. Eimee watched her pace back and forth in the small space.

Even if it had only been an hour.

When Amaya returned, Eimee greeted him with a happy sound and moved to him. When he offered the dress to Eimee and the other clothes to Inaya, the two girls shared a look. Given the life Eimee had just escaped from, she didn't exactly want noticed and Inaya? Well, she didn't much care. She smiled a little and offered the other woman the tunic and pants before taking the dress for herself.

Eimee shrugged out of the robe and pulled on the clothes quickly. She was too thin, in Inaya's opinion, and the dancer decided the girl needed a decent meal or five.

Inaya pulled off his shirt and tossed it aside before she simply pulled on the dress. It was meant to be flattering and fit tight, with thread along the side that tied to fit. The sort of thing Inaya was used to. She tied it up then moved to help Eimee lace up the front of her pants. Once done, Eimee just looked like a street rat done up in clothes too big for her. Which seemed to please her immensely.

When they were done, the pair of them regarded Amaya.

"If you know of a place to stay for the night..." Inaya began, "that'd be really helpful." And a bath. She still wanted her bath.

Lowen Thorn

It really didn't make a difference to Amaya which woman took which set of clothes. Though, he must admit, Inaya taking the dress almost felt like he engineered some sort of brilliant reverse psychology - but in reality he just thought it would be funny.

But man. She looked good. He really needed to get out of that mind space and focus on the tasks at hand, but boys will be boys.

"Unfortunately, my dear lady," he started, folding his arms over his chest and cocking a brow. "I'm not from here. Our best bet is going to find an inn and keep our heads low. I'll figure something out as far as payment, we just need to get in and out without drawing too much attention to ourselves."

You need money for an inn.

...He hadn't pick pocketed anyone in a long time.

Desperate times, he supposed.

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya let out a long sigh. It was getting late, they'd had a long day, and she still smelled like shit. Nevermind the state of her long hair. She just... wanted to go back to sleep. But he was right, they just needed a place where they wouldn't draw too much attention to themselves. Inaya wasn't familiar with this part of the city. She was from a nicer district that had gated estates, fountains, and manicured courtyards.

It was Eimee that spoke up. "I... might know of a place." Her voice was soft, but she seemed pleased that she might actually be of help. It certainly surprised Inaya, but she nodded once.

"If you know of a place, by all means. We can't really be picky."

With that, Eimee turned away from the busy street and instead led them into the darker, twisting alley. There were occasional bouts of light from windows, where interesting smells – mostly food – wafted out. Sometimes snippet of conversation. Most of the walls were rough stucco or mortared sandstone, though a few flimsy wooden buildings were propped up between. Inaya got a little lost in the maze, but before she knew it, Eimee tapped on a wide wooden door on the back of a several storied building.

There was a brief shout, some metal banging around, and the door swung open. A brutish man filled the doorway. Bald and cleanshaven, he wielded a butcher knife like a weapon. Right up until Eimee waved her hands to draw attention to herself.

Turns out they were related in some form or fashion. The man, Prem, didn't seem too happy about letting them in but he hovered around Eimee protectively. Eyeing Amaya suspiciously.

Inaya didn't complain, because the man did complain about the smell and ushered them all to the bathhouse attached to his hostel. There was a small tiled room for patrons to undress and store their things before entering a slightly larger room, where steaming water and coarse soap could be used to scrub up. Bath house was being generous. It was just a public washroom.

Inaya would take anything now, though, and thanked Prem before she wandered into the first room so she could undress. Eimee was hot on her heels.

Lowen Thorn

Amaya felt Prem's glare burning on the back of his head when he was not staring daggers directly into his eyes. He shrugged off the feeling as he was all too used to it. Of course, Prem was gracious enough to offer up his bathhouse to the three even though it felt more like a requirement than an offer.

Amaya stopped short of the first room. The least he could do was let the ladies undress first without him ogling there every move. Once he was absolutely sure they had removed their clothing and made it to the next room, he entered, undressed quickly, and entered the bathhouse.

He didn't make any effort to hide it. Given where they just broke out of, it wouldn't be anything new to them. That, and he wasn't the type to embarrass easy. For everything they had gone through in the little time they all knew each other, a dangling body part was probably the least of their worries.

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya pointedly paid Amaya no mind as he entered the bathhouse. Instead, her and Eimee had commandeered a spot. She had taken a handful of soap from a large block and was presently scrubbing the other girl's hair. Her own would be a nightmare she'd deal with later on. Copper pipes and simple shower heads were spaced sporadically with blocks of soap and accompanying washcloths nearby.

When Eimee's short brown hair was done, they turned the 'just this side of too hot' water on. While Eimee rinsed off and used one of the scratchy clothes to scrub herself, Inaya set to rinsing her hair. It'd be a while,  for her. As a former noble, it hadn't been an issue having long hair. It wouldn't have been had she been sold, she supposed. They'd likely chop it off if it became a problem, which just made her all the more attached to it.

Resolved, Inaya stood halfway under the water when Eimee was finished while she worked through her hair. She shooed the other girl off so she could go get dressed and talk to Prem about a couple of beds for them. Hopefully having just Eimee around would butter the guy up.

With her attention on her hair, mostly because she wanted to get all the tangles out but also because she didn't just want to gawk at Amaya, she said, "I suppose you'll be going in the morning, then?"

Lowen Thorn

Amaya reserved a separate spot on the other side of the room, though that wasn't too far as the room itself wasn't as big as you'd see in most bath houses. He tried to give the women some privacy for a while, but he may have dropped the some once or twice which forced him to turn around. He'd never tell them that though.

Really, he wanted to give Eimee a little privacy. Inaya was much more broken into him as a person than the other girl was. "Sure thing," was his reply as he washed. "Unless you want to take another bath and play grab ass."

He didn't wait for her to respond before he spun around to face her. With a soap bar in his hand, he casually walked over to the woman and tapped her on the shoulder. "Can you get my back? Having a hard time reaching back there."

Amaya was anything but shy.

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya frowned at her hair, but the expression was meant for Amaya when he mentioned another bath and... whatever grab ass was. It didn't sound flattering. "I feel like I owe you..." she began, until he drew attention to himself.

Walking over to her. Soap in hand.

She dropped her mostly tangle free hair and quirked a brow at him. Inaya wasn't exactly shy either. At least, not in the bath house. She took the soap from him and made a gesture with her hand so he'd turn around. While putting the coarse soap to his skin, she added, "If you needed my help, I could tag along..." Not like Inaya had any other plans...

Lowen Thorn

He obeyed the woman and turned around, revealing his backside. "Thanks," he said, closing his eyes and letting himself relax.

His lips curled into a grin when she spoke again. It was playful, and almost a little mischievous. "I get it. If you wanted to hang out with me some more, you could've just said so," he teased. "You don't owe me anything, Inaya."

He let out a heavy, satisfied breath under the water, and rolled the back of his head side to side around his shoulders. Then he shot a quick look at Inaya, moving his eyes upward in a quick, brief motion. "Might as well get my hair too while you're back there."

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya scowled at his back and scrubbed harder than necessary at his tease. "No, that isn't it. But our deal was I help you get Nicholas, you help me get out. You still haven't gotten Nicholas." Further expressing her irritation when he suggested she wash his hair, she gave a sharp tug on one of the wet locks before lathering some soap in her hands and moving to do just that.

She didn't mind helping him with this. Inaya had a thing about hair anyway. She liked keeping hers neat and clean. His was so short it'd take her just a minute or two.

Lowen Thorn

Eyes closed, he let out a long, relaxed breath as he practically melted into her touch. "If heaven exists, " he murmured, a small smile tugging at his lips, "this is it."

He enjoyed the moment. He could have easily washed his own hair, but didn't see why he should have to if she could have done it for him. He would have done the same for her if she had asked. When she was finished, he gave her a grateful 'thanks' before turning to face her.

"I don't remember ever making a deal," he lied. "You'll just slow me down, anyway. I couldn't in good conscious put you back in harm's way just so I could make a little money. You should hang out here with Eimee and Prem for a while. I'm sure it's safe."

SanctifiedSavage

When she was done with him, and he turned to face her, Inaya crossed her arms under her chest. Annoyed. Either his memory was faulty or he was intentionally trying to shake her. Slow him down? "You seem to forget I saved your ungrateful ass a couple of times," she snapped, annoyed. But Inaya wasn't going to beg to tag along either. She shook her head and turned her back to him, stepping fully under the water.

"Fine. Have it your way, Amaya." If he was so intent on going on his own, there wasn't much more her pride was going to let her do. Now... Now she'd just need to figure out what she was going to do. Inaya didn't need to tell him there was no way in hell she was going to stay with Prem and Eimee. The other girl might be content to live a life of quiet, albeit safe, servitude, but Inaya had not gone through everything she just had to wind up some serving wench or cleaning lady in a hole-in-the-wall hostel.

She had all night to figure out her next steps. Apparently alone.

Lowen Thorn

Amaya grinned sheepishly, rubbing at his cheek a little bit. Whoo boy. He really pissed her off. He waved his arms melodramatically in defense, as if she could see it from the back of her head, and began to walk himself back - physically and vocally.

"I mean.. I guess I could use the company," he said, a hint of an apology in his tone. "Might need someone to pick more locks and look good while-"

Soap. On the floor. Slippery soap. And his retreating foot stepped on it just right.

In an effort to regain his balance, he was instead pushed forward in her direction. In a further effort to do something, anything, to not completely knock her over, he flailed his arms around like a wild animal and twisted his body to dodge.

It didn't work. Not completely, anyway. He fell, hard, but not before the side of his face brushed against her exposed ass on his way down. He landed with a loud thud and groaned - mostly from embarrassment - as he rolled onto his back.

Either by the gift of the gods or the curse of the devil, his head was positioned right in between her feet. In between her legs.

Amaya covered his eyes with his face.

"Whoops."

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya idly ran soapy hands through her hair and rolled her eyes when he started talking. Couldn't just ask her to come along, could he? She'd had a perfectly valid reason for doing so, and he had to make a whole thing out of it. Inaya was about to turn around and, in no uncertain terms, tell him he could piss off...

But he cut himself off. And fell? Inaya was able to shift just enough that, between the two of them, he didn't careen into her but he did end up flat on his back, nearly under the water... But definitely under her.

Nevermind that he had clipped her hip and ass.

Inaya crossed her arms under her chest again, shifted her weight to one foot but didn't exactly move. "So eager to be beneath me?" she quipped before finally stepping away so the shower would spray down on his face. Just a moment, before she shut off the water.

"You keep oogling me and falling down around me, I'm going to think you want to have sex with me," she said while she walked away, gathering up her hair as she did so.

Lowen Thorn

Yeah. He probably deserved that.

Every bit of it.

Didn't sting any less, though. Of course, he could never admit defeat. He sat there for a while longer even after she shut off the water before getting back to his feet. "Sex in the shower is not all it's cracked up to be," he replied dryly. "If I was going to have sex with you, I'd much rather do it on a bed."

He shook off like a dog and followed. "But I'm an old-fashioned gal," he continued. "You can't expect me to put out on the first date."

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya stepped into the 'dressing room', after having bound up her hair some. She cast a glance his direction, chuckling a little. "I wouldn't know. I've never had sex in the shower." Inaya grabbed one of the hostel's towels so she could dry off. Her tone turned a little drier as she added, "You'd be the odd man out here. I've never been on a date, either, though I've been married."

She easily pulled on her dress and let out a small sigh. "You'd be better off with Eimee anyway. She's nice."

Not that Eimee deserved someone as obnoxious as Amaya. The girl deserved someone that likely couldn't be found in the city. At least Prem would keep most away from her.

"I've heard there are some good brothels around," she amended, deciding it was cruel of her to suggest Eimee at all.

Lowen Thorn

Amaya followed into the dressing room, chuckling at her last statement. "A brothel isn't the ideal place to take a lady on a date," he said, purposely misreading her comment, and purposely ignoring the statement about Eimee.

Eimee was too much of a nice girl for him, anyway.

He hadn't dressed yet, and moved in front of her to block her path back into other room. "So how about it?" he asked, body soaked from head-to-toe. "You can come with me to get Nicholas if you let me take you out on a date after. I can be a real romantic, y'know. Wine, dine, a little grab-ass under the stars."

SanctifiedSavage

Inaya narrowed her eyes a little but purposefully didn't look his way. It was one thing to be quite casual about nudity in the shower, another when they were out of it.

She figured he was being intentionally thick, but opted not to comment. Inaya had been tightening the dress, so she didn't notice Amaya move in front of her until she looked up to leave. And he was right there. Still undressed.

Inaya quirked a brow at his offer. "I'll come help you get Nicholas because I said I would. That's part of our deal..." She made to step around him, but pulled up short. "And I suppose a date with you can't be all that bad, hm?" Inaya smiled a little and slid past him, a hair quicker if he wanted to try and block her. It was late, after all, and she did want to get some sleep now that she was nice and showered.

In the hall beyond, Eimee was waiting. And seemed to have been. Her sly smile vanished when Inaya scowled at her. "Prem is letting us use three beds... but just tonight..." Eimee informed quietly. Most in the hostel had already gone to sleep. Inaya didn't think the man's hospitality would extend any further, so she wasn't surprised. She just gestured so Eimee could lead the way.

The hostel was a hole in the wall place, meant for lower class. It had the bath house, a kitchen that was largely Prem's domain, a common room with ratty pillows, and then the large, barracks style 'bedroom'. There, about ten beds had been crammed into the space. Most were occupied, but there were three near the door reserved for them.